End-of-season performance ratings

I'm coaching New Mexico in the Mountain West. In my second season, I won the conference. I will gladly confess that I got tremendously lucky: I won a couple of games against my top divisional rivals that I had no business winning, and everyone else got their head-to-head wins crossed so that my 5-2 in-conference record was good enough for first place. In the Las Vegas Bowl, I again got lucky and won against heavily favored Oregon State (mainly because they had 3 turnovers to my 1 and missed a last-minute FG). The team ended up with a top-20 national ranking, and my performance rating was B (or B+, I'm not totally sure). All I was expected to do that season was to get a couple of in-conference wins and have a good game against rivals New Mexico State (whom I did beat, although I almost let them back into the game after being up by 3 TDs at half-time). I give them the conference title and a bowl win and I get a B. What the hell do I have to do for an A?

Team performance has nothing to do with expectations. Like recruiting, it is solely based upon performance. You would need to finish around or in the top 10. Your grade for board expectations reflects how your performance was related to expectations.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks, guys. [QUOTE=Deltoidius;182835]your SoS was probably terrible.[/QUOTE] Sure. My regular schedule has all Mountain West teams and local rival New Mexico State, and I scheduled three pooh-pooh games to pad my win totals, so...

Archived