"Call me stupid but... " - a question about booking tours.

I can't believe no one has jumped at the free opprotunity to call young Ping here stupid! Not entirely sure about your question but you can set up being a touring fed and which months in the pregame editor, on the promotions screen on the bottom right after you click a fed.

I don't know a lot about Puro, so most of this will probably make Lukie and others cringe, but from a TEW aspect it's quite correct ¬_¬ A touring promotion is just like any other promotion, except that it has "off-periods" when it's not running any shows. There are different types of touring promotions. Often in Japan a tour will build up to a main "end" show, where all the titles will be on the line in high-profile matches. There's also the G1 CLIMAX tour in New Japan Pro Wrestling, which is a round-robin tournament building up to the final. Sometimes though the "tour" will only be a technicality. Like in CHIKARA in the US, where they have December and January off, so technically they're a touring promotion, but they run their events just like any other promotion. How you run your tour is up to you, but the AI (following the "Japanese style" tour) usually runs multiple weekly shows, with a large event at the end of the tour. You can't actually name your tour in TEW, it's given a random name despite what you name your events. But I just ignore the random name and name my weekly events "Tour Name (Day)", and the final one "Tour Name". Like Painkiller (Tues), Painkiller (Fri) and Painkiller. The only time the game uses the tour name anyway for human promotions is on the Internet when it ends (that I've seen, anyway).

So in reality it gives you more freedom when your shows are.. during a touring month you can hold a show any time you wish then end the month with a big tour ending blow out. Ahhh.. got it now. So in an off month if I tried to run a show it'd give me an error message, correct? And offering a worker a "touring contract" means they're with you for that month, right? If so, cool, didn't know the process was so open.. thought a "touring promotion" would be more restrictive.

If you schedule a show while you're not touring, it just won't happen when you get to it. Tours aren't just for one month. If you're on tour for January, February and March, and not in April or December, you're on one tour for three months. So if you sign a worker to a Touring contract in December, he'll be with you until the last day of March. The main difficulty with tours is finance. During your off-months, you're not making any money at all, but you're still paying workers on written contracts (which is obviously no problem until you're a big company). You also have less time to make money, so you're expected to run frequent shows to earn that money that you lose when you're not working. Also, any TV shows you have as a touring promotion are used as Tour Highlight shows, so you can't actually book them.

There have been three threads about this but that's ok just stating it not trying to get on your case/ Here's how I set up my tour for WLW which has tourning months in Janaury and February. I set up three shows a week (because I checked the editor and saw how many shows the AI is suppose to set up). You don't name the tour you just name the shows and you name them like this "WLW Aerial Assault Tour (Teusday)" on Tuesdays, "WLW Aerial Assault Tour (Thursday)" on Thursday, "WLW Aerial Assault (Friday)" on Fridays and "WLW Top Rope Dream" on Saturday Week 4 February for a blow of show for the tour.

Realism and Pure are both key features, so I'd say no to gimmicks. Mainstream, Comedy, Cult and Risque are all Very Low or None, so that further indicates you don't need any. WLW would definately need gimmicks though, with Cult as a Key Feature and Mainstream and Comedy at Heavy. But then, with Beetle Kimura, The Tic, and Cyber Fighter 3000 on their roster, it's fair to assume that they have them :p

Some GCG wrestlers, such as Dark Angel, Eagle Kawasawa, & Pistol Pete Hall come with gimmicks (Machine, Mysterious, and Cowboy) respectively, but they are really the only ones who should really have gimmicks. I would even think about getting rid of Dark Angel & Eagle Kawasawa's gimmicks, and only keeping Pistol Pete's, as just the fact that he comes to the ring with a cowboy hat and probably a leather vest and maybe even chaps probably qualifies as a gimmick, seeing as though it doesn't happen that often in Japan, so it would be out of the ordinary.

Archived