Match Ratio Question

I tend to use basic math to monitor it myself. Just add up the minutes you've booked as angles and see if it comes close to the precentage you need to have on your show. And remember, when you book a show with 20% angles, you can actually go as low as 10% and as high as 30%. You get a +-10% lee-way on it. So it really shouldn't be a problem to hit the numbers you need. Derek B

Yeah, since my shows are generally static in length, once I know how much I need for one show, it becomes pretty much universal. And the 10% leeway thing makes sense since, playing as 5SSW (90% match ratio), I don't run angles at all and the fans have never complained.

The best I can suggest on time is look at the right column when you are booking a show and add up the time from all the angles. As others have said you usually get a +/- factor, so you don't need an exact amount of time. at 80% matches and a one hour show, I'd try to aim for 8-12 minutes of angle time. (just use that as a baseline and adjust if the show is longer or shorter.)

Just in case any of our younger members are having problems (or our older members just suck at maths ¬_¬): Show Length in Minutes [b]times[/b] 0.matchratio% [b]equals[/b] Length of Wrestling needed. So if your match ratio is 80% and you're running an hour long show: 60*0.80 = 48 So 48 minutes of your show needs to be taken up by matches. So at least 12 minutes for angles.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;182855]Just in case any of our younger members are having problems (or our older members just suck at maths ¬_¬): Show Length in Minutes [b]times[/b] 0.matchratio% [b]equals[/b] Length of Wrestling needed. So if your match ratio is 80% and you're running an hour long show: 60*0.80 = 48 So 48 minutes of your show needs to be taken up by matches. So at least 12 minutes for angles.[/QUOTE] man, now that's service, yeah I did the math earlier, and came up with the same thing and when I looked over the card, I was sitting at 11 minutes of angles, so I did good...

An easier way is to take 10% of the show's length (120min show = 12min) and multiply that by the amount of time you want taken up by angles. So if you're running a 120min show with 80% match ratio, you want 12min * 2 (to reflect the 20% of angles needed), so 24 minutes of angles. At least that's the easy, zero-calculator-needed way to do it.

Archived