Owner stat question?

I'm not an expert or something, but if you're just shooting for an explanation of these 2 terms. Turnover is how often the owner 'recycles' his roster. This means that he hires and fires a lot of workers in a short timespan. Patience is (I think) used for example if a worker shows up late too often, how long it takes to fire someone. It only refers to AI bookers btw, not to your player character. cheers

Actually, I think patience refers to how much time they give HEAD BOOKERS to accomplish their goals. An owner with high patience will give you goals to achieve in say 3 years whereas an owner with low patience will give you a year to accomplish whatever goals they give. But that's just my take on it, could be way off. :)

They do what they say they do, really: Roster Size: The size of roster the owner prefers to employ. If there's no financial strain on the company due to the industry, an owner that likes a Large roster is likely to hire far more workers than he actually needs. Whereas someone with a low roster preference will treat the guidline amount as a law, and stick to it almost exactly (I'm not sure if even the AI will go [u]under[/u] that number, even if they're dieing and are desperate for cash). Turnover is how much he likes hiring and firing workers. Low turnover means he'll generally only hire workers when he has to due to rising in size, steals or retirements. He'll only fire workers if they've grossly annoyed him, or he falls in size and no longer thinks he needs them. A High turnover means he'll hire guys because he's bored and wants to, and fire them if they ask to go to the toilet ¬_¬ (Hint: It's not that extreme really). Pacts: How likely they are to accept pacts from other companies. Isolated means he's unlikely to accept any pact from anyone. I think Hostile means that he's likely to break existing pacts and go to war with you if it'll benefit him. Patience: The amount of patience he has with his head booker. High means he'll let the booker screw up a lot and lose him money. Low means if you screw up, start looking for other employment :p I'm not sure whether this applies to humans though. It might impact the type of goals he gives you, but I don't know if a highly patient owner will forgive you for breaking them, or whether you'll still be fired. Finance is too obvious to even describe really. It affects how much he's willing to pay his workers, and how much he'll let YOU pay them. Phil Vibert, for example, is Prudent (which is hilariously ironic, I think, considering the position he's allowed DaVE to get into. Maybe he's "recently become" prudent ¬_¬), so he won't let you offer the huge contracts that many of DaVE's main eventers want.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;182865]Turnover is how much he likes hiring and firing workers. Low turnover means he'll generally only hire workers when he has to due to rising in size, steals or retirements. He'll only fire workers if they've grossly annoyed him, or he falls in size and no longer thinks he needs them. A High turnover means he'll hire guys because he's bored and wants to, and fire them if they ask to go to the toilet ¬_¬ (Hint: It's not that extreme really).[/QUOTE]While in practise that's pretty much right I think there's a very subtle (but important) difference in the way you describe it and the way it actually plays out. It's not so much about hiring and firing for any paticular reason other than keeping things fresh. A guy who like a high turnover likes to rotate talent and bring guys in for a "run" as opposed to a "lifetime". You should expect the owner with a high turnover to let some contracts end naturally without been renewed, perhaps because the owner feels they've been with the company for too long and things need to be "shaken" up, whereas those with a low turnover will keep likely attempt to keep the same staff for as long as possible without the "inject new blood" phases.

Archived