Um, another Comic Industry Mod

I've sunk too much time into it to scrap it, and I've been using various facets of the mod for the past three TEW releases (with the most recent being 2007 of course). While I usually incorporate my comic mod as an update to RAVEX's in the past, I decided to step away from that and have been doing it totally in it's own mod. The mod stats to date: Promotions: 16 Workers: 43 [COLOR="deepskyblue"]Updated[/COLOR] Locations: 1,585 Match types: 1 Gimmicks: 48 [COLOR="deepskyblue"]Updated[/COLOR] Teams: 4 Promotion Pacts: 0 Worker Relations: 11 New Promotions: 7 [COLOR="deepskyblue"]Updated[/COLOR] Angles: 0 Storylines: 0 Stables: 1 Titles: 1 Injuries: 60 TV Shows: 0 TV Networks: 200 TC Show Slots: 0 Other TV Shows: 0 Events: 0 PPV Carriers: 50 PPV Agreements: 0 Title Lineage: 0 Dojos: 3 New Workers: 5 [COLOR="deepskyblue"]Updated[/COLOR] Start Injuries: 0 Dojo Graduates: 0 Alter Egos: 11 [COLOR="deepskyblue"]Updated[/COLOR] User Characters: 1 I have images for everyone, although I must admit to trying to find images of real people (either from movies, TV, or Cosplay), but I use drawn images when all else fails. I currently don't have a set method, other than I'm pulling those from my previous work into this mod. If anyone's interested I'll post my progress. I'm not a control freak, so anyone who wants to use whatever I do to help make thier mod fun, feel free to do so. If you don't like what I'm doing, tell someone who cares, and I'll let you know I'm not one of those people. DEW

I will admit to not expecting this. When I started my comics mod I was afraid no one was going to be interested in the least, but now all of a sudden it's like there's a renaissance in TEW/Comics crossovers. Awesome! :) I have to ask a question, though. djthefunkchris's comics mod is part of Panix's Sci-Fi mod, and seems to mostly incorporate the most modern stuff possible in most situations. My mod is less about wrestling and more about trying to turn TEW into a comic book storyline simulator. So what's special about yours? Why should people download yours instead of mine or djthefunkchris's? I am NOT trying to be critical of your mod; I just want to know what makes yours special and different from ours, both so I don't step on your toes with anything my mod is doing and also so that potential downloaders will be able to more easily make up their minds on which one is best from them. EDIT: And as far as pictures go, you're welcome to PM me if you want to mooch off of what I've gathered so far. :)

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;183204]So what's special about yours? Why should people download yours instead of mine or djthefunkchris's? I am NOT trying to be critical of your mod; I just want to know what makes yours special and different from ours, both so I don't step on your toes with anything my mod is doing and also so that potential downloaders will be able to more easily make up their minds on which one is best from them. EDIT: And as far as pictures go, you're welcome to PM me if you want to mooch off of what I've gathered so far. :)[/QUOTE] What's special: My mods for the previous TEW's have all been add-ons I added onto real world mods made by people like RAVEX. Thus, to ensure it fit in with the theme, I made the comic promotions and workers more "real". For example, [COLOR="Black"][I][B]Zantanna uses stage magic in her matches, much to the delight of the crowd.[/B][/I][/COLOR] The end result is something that someone could import into their mod of choice, or perhaps pull import into mine. Meanwhile, I think it's close enough that people could perhaps mix what they like out of each of ours. NOT trying to be critical: No worries. I'm not the type that gets defensive immeadiately, and at the same token, if I thought you were being a jerk about it, I'd simply have let it go instead of starting some flame war. Pictures: I may have to do that at some point, however, I currently have hundreds of different images that I've got to make into workers. I also offer the same to you. Please note, I'm not worried about backgrounds at this point, I'm simply building 150 x 150 images. Background art will be one of the last things done. Who knows, perhaps at some point we can compare notes and scope of effort and make both of our lives easier. As it stands, I'm liking the "real" feel, for I'll probably import some real world wrestlers in for certain games, and it won't seem too cheezy to me when I do it. My intention isn't to steal anyone's thunder, and to be honest I'm only posting my mod and progress due to my stating I'd do so in an earlier thread back on the TEW 2007 release date (or it may have been the day after). DEW

I'm actually hoping your both done first, lol. I'm kind of, well, I am really excited for some reason about this. I think both of you are really great sports! I don't think it's really going to be competitive at all, for some reason (far as having both of yours, and Panix mod, etc.). What I see probably happening, is that alot of people will download all of them, then choose and pick what they want from each of them, using the one they like best as the "mold" so to speak. It's what I'm going to do, LMAO!

I think it's important that the three of us stick together somewhat if we're going to see this through. Whether it's active involvement or just some kind words every once in a while, every little bit is going to help. And for the record, I'm going to say that this database I'm working on is "open," meaning that anyone can take what they want from it and use it in their own, you guys included, without me getting all whiny over it. Just please give me the proper credit and maybe an offer to contribute something else/tweak it a little bit more, and it's all peachy keen. :)

After these are all done, lets get together and create something that will be "over the top" so to speak. Something really interesting would be to utilize the whole number of year's adam gives us to work with, and I have some thoughts on how to do that. Bassically, the game can be anywhere from 1900 to year 2984 (actually, I don't know if there is a stopping phase, but there is a worker birthday stopping point). Birthdays can be anywhere from 1820 to 2984, but the game cannot start before 1900 (I believe). You can add workers all the way up to 2984 though.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;183845]After these are all done, lets get together and create something that will be "over the top" so to speak. Something really interesting would be to utilize the whole number of year's adam gives us to work with, and I have some thoughts on how to do that. QUOTE] I think that would be awesome. I took a couple days off to get some time in on Lost Planet by CAPCOM, but I'm back at the keyboard tonight and should see some more progress. DEW

Archived