TEW 2007 match rating breakdown knowledge "let's share"

We all know that with the changes Adam made to 07 we all now have many more challenges and obstacles to booking a great show. At first many of us didn't like the idea "including myself" however in time most of us have warmed up to it as it helps keep the game challenging and in many cases moving... What I'd like to do is create this Thread so that we can all share our experience on what changes people have made that have really pushed their show ratings over the top... Of course, keep in mind that your Promotion Product page has a lot to do with how your show is rated so not everybody's experience will be the same in every promotion. However, perhaps this thread could help give ideas to folks who are struggling to find ways to improve their rating. So far with my TNA promotion I've had great success milking everything I can out of the Storylines/Advanced Booking combination. Also I've changed most everybody's gimmick around and have tried building momentum as everyone's momentum started out pretty low. I am under the belief that momentum may have a very big upside to the rating of a particular segment and then in turn, a show... Has anyone had any experience with this?

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01;183323]And my World Title which reached 100% prestige changed hands, so that could have been a factor[/QUOTE] How'd you get it to 100%, if you wouldn't mind sharing that info? My world title's prestige keeps dropping, even though it's only defended against my top workers. My next step is to put it on my best worker and see if her pedigree helps it any.

[QUOTE=James Casey;183340]Match quality and holder overness are, I believe, the criteria on which a belt's prestige is judged.[/QUOTE] That's what I thought but I think there's something else involved as well. I had Kit Hatoyama chase the title for 3 months (garnering B- to B rated matches in the process) and she won it in an A rated match and defended it in B rated matches and the title's prestige has dropped from 76% to 74.2%. Her overness jumped during the previous 3 months so that's she's on par with the former champion (and the rematch got A* heat when it was advance booked). I'll keep an eye on it though. :)

I can't be completely sure, I had it set to 100% in the editor when I started the game. I've had the same wrestler make 16 successful title defences, and the title prestige dropped to 98% when he lost a match with a cheap finish and so kept the title, which didn't really surprise me. His overness in US dropped from B+ to B almost everywhere. One match the next week with a successful defense and his overness went back up to B+ and the prestige went back to 100% too

[QUOTE=James Casey;183340]Match quality and holder overness are, I believe, the criteria on which a belt's prestige is judged. Which is why Bruce the Giant should never be allowed near your promotion's main titles...[/QUOTE] Not that USPW has anyone else worth putting the belt on. Bruce the Giant is far and away the biggest star of the promotion. Darryl Devine is a guy I want to build to get the belt eventually, but he's quite far away right now.

[QUOTE=Remianen;183332]How'd you get it to 100%, if you wouldn't mind sharing that info? My world title's prestige keeps dropping, even though it's only defended against my top workers. My next step is to put it on my best worker and see if her pedigree helps it any.[/QUOTE] mine got to like 95% when I gave myself a 86 match winning streak and 24 title defenses while i was still a local fed, then got to 100 the next time it changed hands, now that guy is hugely over.....yeah!!! but i'm back to jobbing myself again....awwww.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;183675]Not that USPW has anyone else worth putting the belt on. Bruce the Giant is far and away the biggest star of the promotion. Darryl Devine is a guy I want to build to get the belt eventually, but he's quite far away right now.[/QUOTE] It's called an injury angle.

[QUOTE=Remianen;183332]How'd you get it to 100%, if you wouldn't mind sharing that info? My world title's prestige keeps dropping, even though it's only defended against my top workers. My next step is to put it on my best worker and see if her pedigree helps it any.[/QUOTE] In my GCG game, the World Heavyweight Title has also managed to reach 100% prestige - it started at around 90-95% though, I think. Hiroyasu Gakusha has only defended the title 8 times in 4 months, but has managed 3 A* matches, 1 A, 3 Bs, and 1 B-. I generally only put him in title matches with folks with a B- or higher for momentum. I'll watch from now on and see if my titles gain prestige when their holders win big non-title matches. Gakusha has had several great non-title matches, which could have contributed to the belt's high prestige.

Archived