Conference Changes

Will there be any conference switching allowed for in the game? Even something as basic as one team being kicked out and another being invited in. This could make playing the mid-major schools more fun as eventually it'd be likely that a human managed team would dominate year in and year out. If a mid-major that became a consistent winner could be invited to one of the 'BCS Conferences' it'd add another level of reward for players.

I don't think so at this point. Outside of the past two years of craziness in the Big East/ACC/Conf USA, teams stay pretty consistent in college football. In other words, it's not like North Texas is going to enter the SEC anytime soon ;) I think the better way to achieve this is to do what mid-major coaches try in real life, and that's win at a smaller program to get a bigger job. Still, I can definately see the interest in having a "english soccer format" for conferences in college football and it may be something I revisit in future versions.

I would like to see a mid major school be able to jump to a big conference such as a marshall being in the top ten for like 4 or 5 years and northwestern never doing any good they should beable to kick them out and invite Marshall and see if they do any good.

Every year there are schools that consider making moves -- but schedules and conference rules -- Acad standards, other schools approving the switch, money, boosters (some don't want change). Colorado looked at the Pac-10, Notre Dame is always be courted, Penn State's move, many others in last 25 years (Big 8 & SWC) (Arizona and Ariz. St joined Pac-8)... This could be in the game as teams gain prestige or improve acad. to higher (or lower) limits. Much like SMU after the "Death Penalty". Game would state the benefits and concerns in the decision by University, current conference, possible conference -- if you apply you could get into a situation like Big East/ACC ... and lose some of that hard earned prestige. . Can it work ???

I would like to see the Big 10 attempt to add a 12th team for a championship game, and the Pac 10 to add two for the same reason. Not that I want to see this happen in real life but I eventually think it will, therefore it should be an option somewhere down the line.

• 5 years later...
[QUOTE=AZJAZ;21922]I would like to see the Big 10 attempt to add a 12th team for a championship game, and the Pac 10 to add two for the same reason. Not that I want to see this happen in real life but I eventually think it will, therefore it should be an option somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE] :eek:

[QUOTE=AZJAZ;21922]I would like to see the Big 10 attempt to add a 12th team for a championship game, and the Pac 10 to add two for the same reason. Not that I want to see this happen in real life but I eventually think it will, therefore it should be an option somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE] I want lottery numbers from you!!!

Archived