The Backyard Wrestling Alliance

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;185466]Also, will a promotion make a tag title?[/QUOTE] I don't think they make titles if they already have enough (if PWA ever get big enough to have a lower card, they might make a lower card title because they currently don't have one, but they don't have any lower carders either :p). But I don't think the BWA feds will at this level, they have a main event title and a midcard title (and a tournament title) each.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Henry Howe and Roman Heidensiek get into a brawl backstage at their show and now strongly dislike each other." Oh Heidensiek, first you're left off the first show, then start a backstage brawl at the second show, and go on to lose the first match of your career. Just like Heidenreich's career! ;) Or am I thinking of Nathan Jones? Or maybe it's Khali (I refuse to use the word "Great" and "Khali" in the same sentence unless it's an insult). Ah, who knows. Carry on. Awesome read.

So I was in PWAs backyarder match of the night, made a friend in Guy McGhee and signed a contract extension, huh? That will show you for leaving me off the first card! Lennon Burntwood says "Imagine all the people, chanting MVP, MVP, MVP!" :p Once again, great read.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;185697]It's had the equivalent of two shows, and I haven't booked anything at all. This diary being pinned would be an absolute travesty :p[/QUOTE] Hey, as far as I'm concerned, entertainment value is the most important thing in a diary, and this is very entertaining. The only diary I actually follow, in fact; can't seem to get into others usually. Maybe because it's the CornellVerse, who knows? Either way, your diary is entertaining. By the way, who are you playing as and what's your promotion?

Hah, 2 matches in, and 2 losses, but at least Andy Thompson's headlined both PWA cards :p I would like to point out that the efed character Andy Thompson had a better start to his career, if only to defend my pathetic start here!

[QUOTE=GuyInTheCorner;185708]Burntwood-McGhee onscreen pairing would be money. But I swear to god Lennon, if you hook up with Hatt as a manager, this friendship is over![/QUOTE] No way! I respect your friendship far too much for that! :D I have to say though, I don't appreciate the attitude. Paul McCartney never gave me that ultimatum when I hooked up with Yoko!

Yeah, I’m just observing. I was originally going to play as an entirely separate fed and do a diary on that at the same time, but decided against it. However, months like these make me almost wish I had… As for the tournaments, wait and see :p (coughjuneanddecembercough). [B][SIZE="5"][CENTER][U]March 2007[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [B]World News[/B] - In shocking news, Rip Chord has passed away. Mid Atlantic Wrestling will hold a special ‘Rip Chord Memorial Show’ this April to commemorate him, and from now on the Rip Chord Invitational Challenge will be known as the Rip Chord Memorial Trophy. The MAW board of directors are currently in talks with various parties interested in taking over Rip’s legacy, since his son Jay is too young. - In just-as-shocking but slightly less disturbing news, TCW have lost their TV show. Seems kind of trivial really huh? Their show had been in trouble ratings-wise for a while, despite not being a bad show, but the latest (now last) edition was horrible and they dropped to Cult as a result. - SWF are still at International, and have just stolen Liberty from TCW after he refused to renegotiate with them. - This month it’s my/my user character’s birthday. Why, yes, I am stalling for time. Why do you ask? There’s a good reason though. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW News[/B] Other than the show, absolutely nothing happened...[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA News[/B] See above. See, reading about my user character turning 21 was relatively exciting, wasn’t it?[/COLOR]
[CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Show Reports[/SIZE][/U][/B] [color=Silver][Even though PWA’s show took place the day before ACW’s, I’ll keep them in the same order for reasons of organization.][/color] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW Last Gasp[/B] [I]Saturday, Week 4, March[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Windsor Hall, Ontario. [B]Attendance:[/B] 68 ([/color][color="Green"][b]+19[/b][/color])[COLOR="DarkRed"] [b]Announcers[/b]: Marty Papin and Sue Danes.[/CENTER][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Match One:[/B] Finally free of the possibility of good match ratings, Nathan Sampson wins a triple threat match, beating Pox and Henry Howe. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. Seems to be the standard opening match rating for ACW. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Sergeant Bubba Lee West defeated Roman Hiedensiek. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Ahh, I see. Jobbing to BLW is your backstage-fight-starting punishment in ACW. I wonder if Roman will be in a crap triple threat match next week. - [B]Match Three:[/B] In what may go down as the most memorable performance of both their careers (though for entirely different reasons), Rhino Umaga sold like a bitch to make S.C. Apino look distinctly average (which equates to "match of the year candidate" in the Scap Scale) as the giant got a tragic victory over one of Japan’s indy darlings. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Rhino deserves some kind of medal. What he doesn’t deserve, is to be doing the job to Apino in the lower card in the first place. - [B]Match Four:[/B] Having failed in his mission to capture the Avalanche Championship, Spotskin’s secondary objective to make sure he doesn’t accidentally have a good match looks to be on track still, as Anubis defeats him and manages to look bad whilst doing it. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. At least Chase will have a chance to watch Spotskin suck, instead of being there with him when it happens. - [B]Match Five:[/B] Jacob Jett defeats Derek Blackley in the clear match of the night. [B]Rating:[/B] D+. Blackley has the best match quality average of any backyarder in the BWA now and he's tied with most of the pro wrestlers too (except Umaga, if you include his Japan matches he's way above. But if you don't, he's tied too). Two of his three matches have been jobbing for Jett though. - [B]Main Event:[/B] Christian Chase defeats… Joey Poison! To retain the Avalanche Championship. "Bah Gawd King! Chase booked himself against a half-decent opponent! Lahf will nevuh be the same in the Ay See Dubyah!" (Umm, I mean, "Oh la la Sue! Sinks vill never be ze same in ACW again after zis!"). [B]Rating:[/B] D. Christian in a D-rated match. Holy crap. [B]Overall Show Rating:[/B] D. ACW’s best show yet, but to be fair they’ve been improving every month (not hard considering their first card!) [I][Wrestlers not used: Daniel Herring, that guy never gets any love.] [The Twin Peaks Championship lost no Prestige as it wasn’t defended. The Avalanche Championship lost no prestige either due to not being defended in a horrendous match for once.] [They stayed in the same territory, and fans came! Coincidence?. They’ve been swapping names again though. With Anubis on the roster, and PWA splashing the cash, I’d have thought the opposite way around with the show names would’ve been more appropriate.] [Death Watch: I’m bored of Death Watch now, it’s run its course I feel. If Anubis does kill anyone to death, I’ll let you know.] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Jacob Jett. Show MVP, as voted for by anyone with half a brain: Rhino Umaga!][/I][/COLOR] [center][COLOR="Red"]-[/COLOR]=[COLOR="Lime"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA Mass Slaughter[/B] [I]Friday, Week 4, March[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Hunter’s Town Hall, Midwest. [B]Attendance:[/B] 69 ([color="Green"][b]+10[/b][/color]) [COLOR="DarkGreen"][b]Announcers:[/b] Rock Downpour and Guy McGhee[/CENTER][/COLOR] [B]Match One:[/B] Because it seems to be the thing to do, PWA’s best worker gets further buried. This week, Kray Z defeats Simon Munoz. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. Standard opener fare, but not the sort of thing you want with your best wrestler involved. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Matt Magnum defeated ‘The Anarchist’ Andy Thompson, making it three straight losses for the Brit. At least that means he’s had three straight matches. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. Pretty poor, really. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Lennon Burntwood and Citizen X go to a No Contest. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Far, far better than their match last month. Can we expect a rubber match (even though it’s 1-0 to X, this is wrestling, rubber matches can be fought at any stage of a feud)? - [B]Match Four:[/B] Revanent defeated K-Fabe, again, to make another poor defence of the rapidly-tarnishing PWA Cruisercore Title. [B]Rating:[/B] E. This really isn’t helping the title. Or the show, come to think of it. - [B]Match Five:[/B] Remmy Skye defeated Matt Sparrow, in a decent sub-main event. [B]Rating:[/B] D+ - [B]Main Event:[/B] Grandmaster Phunk defeated Mainstream Hernandez to retain the PWA Openweight Championship in the best match in BWA history. [B]Rating:[/B] C-. The last two matches'll do wonders for the show, and the title, but possibly not the backyarders. [B]Overall Rating:[/B] D+. The BWA’s best ever show (I’ve just noticed that PWA and BWA are very similar, so it might look like a typo. Should’ve thought of that. Oh well, just assume I can type. Which is difficult sometimes, I know.). This might be due to the lack of backyarders in the last two matches. [I][Wrestlers not used: Maxx Hero, Mike Snider.] [Hopping around the States like you're on a road trip isn't great for business! I don't care where you go, just stay there, Phunk!] [The PWA Cruiserkore title dropped 0.6% prestige. The PWA Openweight Championship gained 0.8% and is now very close to it’s original level.] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Grandmaster Phunk.[/I][/COLOR]
[B]End Of The Month Report[/B] Financially, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ACW [/COLOR][/B] made their first loss of over a thousand dollars, weighing in at -$1673 due to Rhino Umaga. [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] are leaking money like a weak bladder leaks piss. -$5366 for the month. For a company losing five times the amount of their rivals, they’re certainly not five times better. Popularity wise, [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.8% in the Mid West. They seem to have forsaken the idea of actually getting popular in favour of throwing money randomly all over America. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW[/B][/COLOR] gained a further 0.8% in Ontario, for a total of 1.6 (obviously). Wrestler-wise, the following people have risen to F popularity in Ontario: Anubis, Henry Howe, Nathan Sampson, Pox, Roman Hiedensiek. No PWAers are above F- anywhere because Phunk keeps moving the bloody shows. I’ll do a skills update after 6 months.
[B]Next Month:[/B] Hopefully [i]something[/i] happens. MAW gets a new owner at least.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;186064][B]Match Three:[/B] In what may go down as the most memorable performance of both their careers (though for entirely different reasons), Rhino Umaga sold like a bitch to make S.C. Apino look distinctly average (which equates to "match of the year candidate" in the Scap Scale) as the giant got a tragic victory over one of Japan’s indy darlings. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Rhino deserves some kind of medal. What he doesn’t deserve, is to be doing the job to Apino in the lower card in the first place. [/QUOTE] Either Apino has a lot of stroke backstage or he has naked pictures of Rhino. That's my take on it. LOL!

So I lost a non-title tag team match, and I'm relegated to curtain-jerker? Whassupwidat? But I still won, and am now one of the most over BWA workers. Yeah, that's huge! I'm one step away from SWF Champion! But dammit, hopefully Christian sees the light and decides to book me to win the title off of him. I can dream, can't I?

Archived