Help the newbie please!!!!

Hey there, I bought the game today, and having a few problems I have completed 20 matches, and won 18 of them, yet my overness is still only 13. I read somewhere that overness depends on match ratings, but all matches come up undecided until i finish them. I keep getting C class matches, with the occasional B+ Also, I have contracts with 3 poromotions, yet I hardl;y ever get booked even though I am on midcarder level. Please help!

That's a tough one. I would imagine that the overness crawl might be the result of who you are beating and where. If you are beating some no-name schmoe w/less overness than you on some podunk card that no one sees, it might be slowing you down. Perhaps the promotions you are working are too small to get you much exposure? You mention that your overness is [i]still[/i] 13 - did you start off with 13? The booking might have much to do with your style, in relation to the style of the promotion(s) you are working and the styles of the potential matchups on the roster. A technical worker in a promotion of brawlers, for example, might not get as many opportunities for bookings. It's just a wild guess, mind you - I haven't had that particular problem (knock on wood). Good luck! Sorry I couldn't be more help.

DBG is correct, it's to do with who you beat, as well as the match rating. If you're only beating guys who are less than 13 over - i.e. peeps you are expected to beat - then you won't gain anything. Your best strategy is to try to get into as many feds as possible while at such a low level, and that way you have more opportunities to beat people. As for not getting booked, 13 overness is virtually unknown, so you're not likely to get booked every show.

Archived