Determining Cards ?

Guest Nukester

Guest Nukester
Using the DOTT scenario, I noticed that the holders of the Polynesian Pacific Tag Team Titles, Samu and Fatu, have wrestled against each other twice in the first 2 weeks of the game. First Samu and Rocky Johnson defeated Fatu and Lars Anderson. Then Samu beat Fatu in a singles match the next week. They have yet to defend the tag team belts also. Could one of them turned babyface ? Is there a way to see whether a worker is a babyface or a heel, after a career is started ? Or is the matches determined just by some weird randomness ?

If you look at the profile, you can then use the drop down menu at the top to see their profiles with each promotion. In there it'll tell you their position on the card, allignment and stuff like that. The matches are determined from the main event down. I can't explain it but its been mentioned by Adam a couple of times before and makes sense. You'd have to look for those threads though cos I don't remember what they were. Derek B

Guest Nukester
I was checking out the thread where Adam explains the bookings. I think what I was reading though had more to do with whether the tag teams wrestle together enough as compared to them wrestling solo more. I was just curious as to why Samu and Fatu would be wrestling against each other. Clearly they must have been the same disposition, or does the game not always book babyface vs heel (which I dont think it does). Maybe it has something to do with Polynesian Pro Wrestling having only 18 workers ?

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=derek_b]If you look at the profile, you can then use the drop down menu at the top to see their profiles with each promotion. In there it'll tell you their position on the card, allignment and stuff like that.[/QUOTE] Ok, thanks for the advice. After looking at the drop down menu, it turns out that Samu is a babyface in the PPW and Fatu is a heel, but they hold the PPW tag team titles (but have never defended them yet in the first 3 weeks).

With the next DOTT update, I've tightened those two a bit (Samu and Fatu). Even still, though, I've basically given up on regular tag teams being booked on a regular basis. Unless the two guys are exact mirrors of each other; i.e., disposition preferences, wrestling styles, overness, etc., the AI is hard pressed to book regular teams. Heck - even with a team of clones, it is hit or miss. Hopefully, if there is any more development on this game (or a sequel), the booking AI will be revamped. Or at least open up the Exhibition Mode so that the player can better implement their own 'fantasy promotions'. The fighting engine in the game is brilliant, imo - it's most of the other career stuff that is iffy. I'd much rather set up matches in the Exhibition Mode and play each side (Human v Human), as it's the best possible way to get the most out of wrestler movesets, as well as not having to tie yourself to requiring the best possible match ratings. But darn, I sure do miss those manager interferences in Exhibition. ;) Oh well - sorry about the rant. :)

Guest Nukester
On a side note, I checked the original DOTT database, and sure enough Samu is listed as a babyface and Fatu is listed as a heel. I thought maybe Samu switched disposition during the first 3 weeks of the simulation, but it was like that in the original data. An error perhaphs, or was Samu really a babyface back then ? Will having them at different dispositions nullify any chance of them working together to defend the belts ?

Yeah - that's an error on my part, Nukester. My original thinking was that all Samoans were 'good guys' in Hawaii, due to the influence of High Chief Peter Maivia - so I preset Samu to having an even disposition (Medium at both heel and face), but neglected to do the same with Fatu. doh! As I mentioned earlier, that is fixed for the next update. The disposition differences won't outright cause the two to never defend the title, though - at least I believe Mr. Ryland mentioned that.

Archived