Time Limit Judge's Decisions

Righty then..... one is not amused. I just finished a tag match with my character (now a big star in Japan) and Buddy Garner vs Yoshifusa Maeda and Cliff "Dark Angel" Wilson in GCG. With only 45 minutes for us all to try and strut our stuff to get a win, time expires. I'd never reached a time limit before so I knew not what to expect. Anyways, the judges called the match against me even though both Buddy and I were in control of the match, having more energy left at the end. having hit more big moves (they hadn't hit anything higher than medium) and having had both of them in danger. Buddy even hit Maeda with 5 finisher level submissions in a row, and yet we still couldn't get the win. The only thing I could see Dark Angel and Maeda having in their favour was that they were in control of the match for more of the time, 54% against our 46. So why exactly did the judges call me to have lost? I'm not griping about the loss itself, just trying to find the logic in why I lost. They were getting their asses handed to them royally in the few minutes before time expired. :) Any feedback muchly appreciated. Derek B

Mr. Ryland would be the only one to say for sure, but I believe you answered it yourself: [QUOTE=derek_b]... The only thing I could see Dark Angel and Maeda having in their favour was that they were in control of the match for more of the time, 54% against our 46.[/QUOTE] The AI judges have no way of knowing that you were destroying the team at the end of the match and can only go by what it 'sees'. In the cold-hearted depths of the binary code, all the AI can see is that Angel & Maeda were 'beating' you 54-46. Despite one of the latest patches that beefed up the AI mindset, I still maintain that the AI wrestlers are much too concerned with low level moves - especially when the wrestlers in question have top of the line mindsets (80 and above). In these Time Limit Draw cases, though, that safe method pays off admirably. For that reason, it's impossible to fault the 'wear down' coding, as it does work. Too bad about the loss, derek. Next time, make them pay for that insult. :)

bumpity bump bump Just wondering if anyone knows for sure about this so that I know for future reference. I must get revenge for the loss of that overness point and spirit point! Specially since Maeda lost the last 8 matches to me before that. He must pay!! :) Derek B

Archived