Player Height and Weight?

Well I assume they will be for decoration here as well, but what I would like to see is the height and weight tied to development. For instance most high school linmen are not over 300 pounds. Many of the elite linemen are in the 270-300 range whereas as college seniors most of them have added 30 pounds or so, so I would like to see weight increases be tied to strength development. Maybe their could even be a body fat content whereas a 290 pound cream puff with maybe 19% bodyfat will become a chiseled 290 with maybe a 9% bodyfat.

Right, I see your point. Obviously play selection would make a difference. I mean if you have a 6'5'' receiver against a 5'9'' corner you would like to thrown the fade in the end zone. Now if your receiver is 5'11'' and the corner is 6'1'' forget about it.

[QUOTE=streetballer67]Personally I would really like to see Height matter for at least WRs, QBs, DBs, and TEs. And weight should matter for linemen and backs. This would make drafting and scouting have a much more "real" feel to it.[/QUOTE] I agree height does matter in this game. Sincerely, Doug Flutie and Sam Mills (RIP)

I think Flutie could have been if the NFL had given him a chance. What it did was keep him from getting a fair shot. Look what he did in the CFL. He wasn't bad with Chicago New England or Buffalo and was competitive with San Diego at the age of 60 :) Imagine what he might have done if he had played in his prime. 14,686 yards, 86 TD, 68 INT and 54.7% completion rate for his NFL career. 12,196 yards, 70 TD, 55 INT and 55.8% completion in the 5 years he started or played 10+ games. For comparison (over the same 5 year period) try these guys: Drew Bledsoe: 17,912 yards, 100 TD, 81 INT Aaron Brooks: 16,274 yards, 107 TD, 67 INT Dante Culpepper: 18,598 yards, 129 TD, 74 INT Michael Vick (estimated for 5 years); 15,085 yard, 80 TD, 57 INT (and yes I took out his injured year) I don't think Flutie fared too badly and this shows that he is underrated by fans. Keep in mind that he played his 5 main NFL seasons (one at age 26) at the ages of 36-39 years old. And these numbers are compared against guys in their early 20's and in their prime.

Archived