FOF2004 Fans?

I am thinking about purchasing this game. I noticed that version 5 came out a few months ago. I have a few questions: 1) Any graphics at all? Not a deal breaker, but at least FPS had some graphics with which to make it more real. I am really into the realistic stats and offseason stuff, but seeing a text based output of the game makes it harder to get into. 2) How is the user interface? I d/l the demo version and found it very confusing and frustrating with all the windows and such. 3) How is the gameplay and off-field stuff? In the demo I did not like the fact that I had to allocate what % of the week was spent on free time/weights/etc... Does this really affect what happens on the field? 4) Are there any realistic rosters to download? 5) Is there a 3rd party web site with add-ons and such? I did a quick Internet search and did not find a whole lot. 6) Overall impressions? Thank you for your help.

[QUOTE=redfox000]I am thinking about purchasing this game. I noticed that version 5 came out a few months ago. I have a few questions: 1) Any graphics at all? Not a deal breaker, but at least FPS had some graphics with which to make it more real. I am really into the realistic stats and offseason stuff, but seeing a text based output of the game makes it harder to get into. 2) How is the user interface? I d/l the demo version and found it very confusing and frustrating with all the windows and such. 3) How is the gameplay and off-field stuff? In the demo I did not like the fact that I had to allocate what % of the week was spent on free time/weights/etc... Does this really affect what happens on the field? 4) Are there any realistic rosters to download? 5) Is there a 3rd party web site with add-ons and such? I did a quick Internet search and did not find a whole lot. 6) Overall impressions? Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE] 1) No graphics, just simple stuff as in most text sims. 2) The interface you will get used to in no time. 3) The gameplay and the off-field is very good. Not sure about the percentage thing though. 4) There are rosters for last season, almost positive there will be one for this season once the rosters are set. 5) There are a good amount of add-ons. 6) I still play FOF2001 from time to time and 2K4 is the same engine with more features and less, if any, bugs.

[QUOTE=redfox000]I am thinking about purchasing this game. I noticed that version 5 came out a few months ago. I have a few questions: 1) Any graphics at all? Not a deal breaker, but at least FPS had some graphics with which to make it more real. I am really into the realistic stats and offseason stuff, but seeing a text based output of the game makes it harder to get into. 2) How is the user interface? I d/l the demo version and found it very confusing and frustrating with all the windows and such. 3) How is the gameplay and off-field stuff? In the demo I did not like the fact that I had to allocate what % of the week was spent on free time/weights/etc... Does this really affect what happens on the field? 4) Are there any realistic rosters to download? 5) Is there a 3rd party web site with add-ons and such? I did a quick Internet search and did not find a whole lot. 6) Overall impressions? Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE] 1. No graphics, everything is focused on the stats, and strategy, which are spot on. If you like managing your strategy each week, juggling how much you run and pass in each situation, as well as your defense depending on the matchups you will love the game. If you are the type of person that likes the bells and whistles of an EA game[hot dog prices, flashy graphics, etc.] you won't like the game. 2. Like above you will get used to it in no time. 3. I supposed you are talking about 1 segment during the offseason. You do this once a year, its your training camp. It can affect what happens on the field, but I rarely touch it. 4. Yes..... 5. [url]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=16523[/url] there are downloads there, and if you are new I recommend you read these as well.... [url]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17159[/url] [url]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=21765[/url] As well as the manual, and everything in the strategy section. There is alot to this game, everything is there for a reason, and if you don't know what something means in the game you won't be able to build a winning team. 6. My feelings are that it is the best text sim around. I've never had as much fun with any other text sim than I have with FOF. If you have any more questions ask them here.... [url]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6[/url] You will better answers concerning FOF there than over here at the GDS forum.

Archived