WWE & WCW The Same Company?

[B]About Me[/B] I will be doing my diary with the invasion mod. The starting date will be July 2001 though. This was the era when I started watching wrestling again after 5 years of not watching. I missed so much in that time and the only reason I did stop watching was because wrestling at the age of 16 was not seen as a cool thing to watch. So when I hit 21 I started watching again and got back into it. I hope my first diary attempt gets you all reading and any advice you have got for me I will take it on. History will change. [B]Back story[/B] After the purchase of WCW in May 2001, the McMahon family did not know what to do with it. Then one day Shane McMahon was on the net and came across a blue print of what Jonfun (thats me by the way) would do and he liked it. So its now June 2001 and Jonfun is now on the WWE booking team and the plans he as laid out are starting to come in to effect. King of The Ring gets axed for one year, no reason was given. The Last Smackdown of June 2001 brings a big shock at the end of the program. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Shane McMahon's music starts to play and out he comes with a big smile and a envelope in his hand. The crowd are cheering for him "Shane O'Mac, Shane O'Mac" Shane takes the microphone and shouts shut up and tells Jim Ross and Michael Hayes to leave thier commentry postions now. This envelope tells me I own WCW and as you already know I am GM of Smackdown. That was until tonight (the crowd are quite they don't know whats going on.) Smackdown is dead. With that there is a big bang Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting and that appears on the Titan screen. Yes Nitro is back and WCW is back. So let me explain WCW Nitro is now on TV instead of Smackdown. There will be a roster split. The new roster for Raw and Nitro will be posted tomorrow on [url]www.wwe.com[/url] Music starts to play, Shane looks suprised, oh no its Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Vince and he looks angry. Vince gets into the ring and looks straight at Shane. Shane - You are not supposed to be here tonight! Vince - I was just passing through and came to say Hi and I walk into this, what the hell do you think you are playing at. I bought WCW to make it go away. You can't do this I own WWE and you can't just take over one of my TV slots and split up my roster. Shane - Dad I can, its not just you that own's WWE its Mum to. She as signed this letter, thats all I needed to get this to go through. Now if you don't mind can you get out of my ring and stay away from my Nitro shows. A person is seen running through the crowd by the fans. Vince - I am not going anywhere I am going to rip you apart. Shane - Dad look behind you. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting DDP hits the Diamond Cutter on Vince. DDP music starts to play and Shane throws the letter onto Vince and leaves the ring with DDP, Smackdown ends forever. (Keep reading to find out how I would have made the whole invasion angle a lot better than the McMahon family did.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B]NEWS[/B] Following the shocking news on Smackdown on Thursday we now have two brands in the WWE. We have WWE Raw and WCW Nitro. Shane as reaveled he as already started signing up some ex WCW talent that will feature on the Nitro roster soon. Shane gave a list to Vince of the wrestlers he would be taken from him. Vince was quite suprised that all the big names where left with him. So he went along with it. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B]Roster[/B] Stone Cold Steve Austin - WWE Champion The Rock The Undertaker Triple H Kane - WWE Intercontinental Champion Edge Kurt Angle Chris Jericho - WWE Tag Champion Tazz Chris Benoit - WWE Tag Champion X-Pac Al Snow Mick Foley Bubba Ray D-Von Spike Bradshaw Faaroq D'Lo Brown Goodfather Matt Hardy Jeff Hardy Eddie Guerrero William Regal Dean Malenko K-Kwik Tajili Rhyno - Hardcore Champion Albert Steve Blackman Taka Funaki Bull Buchanan The Entire Womens division stays with Raw Jacqueline Chyna - Womens Champion Molly Holly Ivory Tori Lita Trish Stratus Jim Ross & Jonathan Coachman are the announcers. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Includes new workers that contracts where bought with the WCW takeover that Vince was going to let rot for a while. [B]Roster[/B] Booker T - WCW Champion & USA Champion DDP Sean O'Hare - WCW Tag Champion Chuck Palumbo - WCW Tag Champion Shane Helms - WCW Light Champion Chris Kanyon Buff Bagwell Mike Awesome Hugh Morrus Lance Storm Mark Jindrak Billy Kidman Chavo Guerrero Taken from WWE Big Show Christian Cage Rikishi Billy Gunn Raven Grandmaster Sexy Scotty 2 Hotty Perry Saturn Test Hardcore Holly Crash Shawn Stasiak Jerry Lynn Haku Announcers - Micheal Cole and yet to be announced commentator. There are more signings on the way for Nitro. Keep an eye out. As you can see Nitro as kept the WCW titles and Raw as the WWE titles. Paper Views will be announced in a new set up soon. How will Raw cope on Monday with the new line up? tune in and find out.

Yeah this is what I always thought should have been done with WCW. Use them as a brand, like Smackdown is. By transferring a few guys over and maybe a couple of new signings they could have had a strong brand. If WCW ever goes out of business on any of my games I'll be sure to buy it and start it up as a seperate brand.

My first offical Raw booking July 2001 Week 1. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Live @ Air Canada Centre - Great Lakes 15,000 Sold out Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raw begins with the music of Vince McMahon playing and he starts to come down to the ring. Vince - So I have read over all the fine print in the contract and there is nothing I can do about WCW. But in the long run I will kick Shane's ass, just like I did with Eric Bishoff. I still own WWE and WCW so I can still arrange certain things. Thats why at the end of the month we will have a payperview called INVASION. At this payperview it will be the first time WCW & WWE have had a joint payperview. The main event will be 5 on 5 elimination main event. The losing brand will have to put up thier championship belt up for grabs at Summerslam the next payperview against someone from hopefully my RAW brand. My ultimate plans will be to take all of the WCW belts and leave Nitro with nothing but rubbish wrestlers like DDP. Vince - Now before I leave all of you to watch the best brand in sports entertainment RAW, let me introduce the first 2 members of the RAW team for Invasion. The broken class smash means one thing. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Out walks Stone Cold and just behind him HHH. Stone Cold - Invasion, elimination match, WCW. I can't wait everyone knows about my time in WCW and Hunter's time there. I can't wait to destroy WCW again. I will then go onto Summerslam and take thier championship belt. HHH - Hold on there one minute Steve. Who says it will be you that goes onto take thier belt. You are already the WWE champion. I think I deserve the chance. Vince - You both deserve a shot at it, I tell you what who ever stays the longest in the elimination match will get the shot. All three of them shake hands and leave the ring. A* Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Jim Ross - Wow that is big news can't wait till Invasion, so lets get on with RAW now. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Yes what a main event we have for everyone tonight. Its for the WWE tag team championship. Stone Cold & HHH Vrs Chris Beniot & Chris Jericho. Match 1 - Hardcore Championship. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Rhyno VRS The Godfather.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Rhyno defeated The Godfather in 9:47 by pinfall with a Gore. Rhyno makes defence number 1 of his WWE Hardcore title. B- Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Trish is seen backstage stripping off to some sexy undies. C- Match 2 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Tazz VRS Bradshaw Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Tazz drew with Bradshaw in 9:46 following a double count out. B+ Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Rock arrives. B+ Match 3 Bra and Panties Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Trish Stratus Vrs Ivory Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Trish Stratus defeated Ivory in 7:27 when Ivory was stripped. A Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Rock comes down the ring to hype his match against Edge tonight on Raw. B+ Match 4 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Kurt Angle Vrs Tajiri Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Kurt Angle defeated Tajiri in 14:12 by pinfall with an Angle Slam. A Match 5 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Rock Vrs Edge Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Rock defeated Edge in 15:53 by pinfall with The People's Elbow. A* Match 6 - Main Event Tag team Championship Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting & Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Vrs Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Two-Man Power Trip defeated Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho in 19:43 when Triple H defeated Chris Benoit by pinfall with a Pedigree. The Two-Man Power Trip win the WWE World Tag Team titles. B HHH & Stone Cold Celebrate in the ring with a few beers. B+ Then the camera quickly goes backstage and it looks like The Rock is being attacked by Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Buff Bagwell Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Mike Awesome Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting DDP. DDP, Bagwell and Awesome attack The Rock backstage, and leave him down and out. B Raw ends. B+ Overall a great first Raw show booked by me, very happy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting & Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="4"]News[/SIZE] The following people have been let go, Steve Lombardi, Mike Sparks, Mike Chioda, Michael Hayes, Kevin Kelly, John Laurinaitis, Jack Lanza, Jack Doan, Gangrel, David Finlay, Chris Kreski, Bruce Pritchard and Billy Silverman. New young signing's Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Teddy Hart 21 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting AJ Styles 23 They have both been sent to Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting OVW - For training ready to break into RAW or Nitro. New wrestling fed opens in the UK thanks to Ric Flair Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting This will be a big blow to Shane McMahon who recently said Ric Flair was a big target for his Nitro brand. Ric Flair as said that the UK was lacking a big wrestling fed and he as pumped in some of his money. He plans to make 1 Pro Wrestling into a world wide brand within 5 years. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting There is said to be some big news on the 1st ever Shane McMahon Nitro. A source as told us that a few new wrestlers will be announced.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Tri State @ HSBC Arena 15,000 Sold Out Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Welcome to the first ever Nitro being brought to you by our WWE & WCW Joint brand I am Michael Cole and I am here alone waiting for Shane McMahon to announce my new right hand man or women. Here comes Shane O'Mac (Music playing) Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Shane - Dad your challange is accepted. 5 on 5 at Invasion with WCW taken your WWE belt at Summerslam. I will announce 2 members of my team next week then the other 3 the week after. Now onto tonight's news. Let me introduce Micheal Cole's new right hand man Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Paul Heyman - Who starts to walk down to the ring. Paul - Thanks Shane for this opportunity, I will not let you down. Now Shane as I promised you I bring this week to WCW Nitro The Whole Damn Show Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Rob Van Dam (Makes is way to the ring) The crowd go wild Paul - Also Shane I would like to present you another suprise. Please put your hands together for Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Justin Credible. The crowd let out a loud Boooooooo Shane - Paul I did not say I wanted him. He is not on my wrestling shopping list. Paul - Yes Shane with our new partnership I took it on myslef due to the fact you could not sign Ric Flair to replace him with Justin. Shane - Justin replace Ric Flair are you crazy. Justin - Give me a chance Shane I will prove you wrong. Shane - Ok Justin we will see tonight Justin you will face in a handicap match Too Cool, if you don't win. YOU'RE Fired. Now get out of my ring. RVD - Wow Shane thats a bit harsh Dude. Shane - Be quite Rob or else you will have plans tonight to. Shane Mcmahon's Music plays and they all leave. Paul Heyman takes his seat next to Micheal Cole. B Match 1 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Haku Vrs Test Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Test defeated Haku in 10:30 by pinfall with a Big Boot. C+ Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting DDP is walking back stage Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Rock appears behind him and taps him on the shoulder hey Diamond ass, eat this and The Rock cracks him in the mouth with a lead pipe. DDP is left down and out in the backstage area with blood coming out of his mouth. B+ Micheal Cole - Wow The Rock is on WCW for the first time and I am sure DDP will never forget this night. Paul Heyman - I am shocked this now means war. Micheal Cole - Paul, I think we started this by the fact of the 3 on 1 attack on Monday nights Raw. Match 2 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Big Show Vrs Jerry Lynn Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Big Show defeated Jerry Lynn in 7:43 by pinfall with a Show Stopper. C+ Backstage, Diamond Dallas Page is seen being checked by the company physician, Dr. Tomlin. When the doc suggests DDP takes the rest of the night off, he brushes off his order and leaves the locker room. B+ Match 3 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Billy Gunn VRS Mark Jindrak Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Billy Gunn defeated Mark Jindrak in 9:40 by pinfall with a Fame-Ass-Er. C+ Match 4 - WCW Tag Team Championship Match Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting VRS The Hollys Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting O'Haire and Palumbo defeated The Hollys in 14:32 when Chuck Palumbo defeated Crash Holly by pinfall with a Super Kick. O'Haire and Palumbo make defence number 1 of their WCW World Tag Team titles. C+ Match 5 - 2 on 1 Handicap match. If Justin Credible loses he is fired after one match in WCW. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting VRS Too Cool Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Justin Credible defeated Too Cool in 13:33 when Justin Credible defeated Grandmaster Sexay by pinfall following interference from Steven Richards. C Match 6 - Main Event WCW Championship Match Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Chrstian takes the microphone in the ring. I would just like to thank Shane McMahon for the chance of a championship match tonight. I am glad I am away from WWE. I was not getting the respect I deserved. So from tonight onwards I will be called Christian Cage. Vrs Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Booker T defeated Christian in 17:45 by pinfall with a Scissors Kick. Booker T makes defence number 1 of his WCW World Heavyweight title. A Micheal Cole - oh my thats The Rocks Music, he is coming down to the ring. (the crowd is going mad they can't belive it) The Rock - I never thought I would ever be in a WCW ring. Shane appears on the top of the ramp - Rock get out of my ring. Guys go get him. Out runs Buff Bagwell & Mike Awesome they run into the ring and try and double team The Rock and he kicks both thier candy asses. The Rock is that all you got. Shane sends in Shawn Stasiak Steven Richards The Rock beats them both down and throws them out of the ring. Next Raven Chris Kanyon The same result they both get smacked up and thrown outside of the ring. The carnage outside of the ring is crazy. Shane and DDP run down to the ring. The Rock low blows Shane, and smacks DDP in his mouth which is still bleeding and then he cracks both thier heads togther and they fall on top of each other in the ring. The Rock then puts his foot on them and picks up the microphone 1-2-3 , Can U smell what The Rock is cooking. The Rocks music plays and he leaves the the destruction behind him. Paul Heyman - I can't belive what I just saw, this shows me that Shane and myself need to start to bring in some new guys. The show ends with The Rock indicating that he want's the WCW Championship Belt. B Final show rating B Bookings - Nitro brand much weaker than Raw brand at the moment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting & Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="4"][B]News[/B][/SIZE] WWE & WCW Let go more staff again. Paul Bearer, Jim Korderas, Mickey Jaye, Tom Pritchard, Essa Rios. The biggest suprises so far in the sackings is Mick Foley & Eddie Guerrero being let go. There are also massive rumours going about that on Nitro next week we could witness some new signings in action. Thier names are being kept quite at the moment. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting David Flair the son of The legend Ric Flair as been signed and sent to OVW for training. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting CM Punk also been signed and sent to OVW. Tune in to WWE RAW to find out if WCW try and get revenge on The Rocks attack.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Mid Alantic - Comcast Centre 15,000 Sold Out Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Welcome to RAW I am Jim Ross and this is Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Jonathan Coachman JR - We have a great suprise for everyone tonight. The King is back on RAW. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Jerry The King Lawler's music play's and he comes out and sits next to JR and the Coachman. The crowd are chanting Jerry Jerry. Jerry - Its so good to be back on Raw and I am glad to be part of this company again. JR - Its great to have you back King. Coachman - Yeah right so great. Match 1 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Chris Jericho makes his way to the ring. If there is anyone that wants a match tonight get your ass out here and lose to my walls of Jericho. B+ VRS Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting D'LO Brown comes down to the ring. Chris Jericho defeated D'LO Brown in 7:41 when Chris Jericho made D'Lo tap out with the walls of Jericho. B The camera goes backstage. Backstage, we join a party in progress. The Rock is drowning in expensive champagne, while Benoit, Vince, J.Hardy and Matt cheer. The Rock chugs the bottle, before being hoisted on his friend's shoulders in celebration of is attack on Nitro. Match 2 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting & Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting APA VRS The Dudleys Boyz Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting & Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Dudley Boyz defeated The APA in 12:44 when Bubba Ray Dudley defeated Farooq by pinfall with a 3D. C+ Post Match- D' Von get the tables After their match, Bubba and D-Von blindside their opponents and set up two tables. After a quick taunt, they grab D-Von and Farooq, and hit their finisher, one after the other, straight through the unforgiving wood! B Match 3 - WWE Lightheavyweight Champion Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Dean Malenko VRS K-Kwik Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting K-Kwik defeated Dean Malenko in 11:46 when K-Kwik retrieved the item. K-Kwik wins the WWE Light Heavyweight title. C+ Bradshaw and Farooq are in the locker room. They're arguing over who was to blame for their earlier loss. Neither looks happy with the situation, but they put their differences aside and leave together. B- Match 4 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Tazz VRS The Undertaker Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Undertaker defeated Tazz in 7:03 by pinfall with a Tombstone. B- Match 5 - WWE Tag Team Championship Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting VRS The Hardys Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Two-Man Power Trip defeated The Hardy Boyz in 17:41 when Steve Austin defeated Matt Hardy by pinfall with a Stone Cold Stunner. The Two-Man Power Trip make defence number 1 of their WWE World Tag Team titles. A JR - Here comes Vince McMahon Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Vince - So I would just like to announce my 5 man team for Invasion it is Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Triple H, Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Stone Cold, Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Edge, Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Kurt Angle & Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Chris Jericho. I have full trust in this team. They will hammer any team that Nitro put together. Enjoy the rest of the show. A Match 6 Main Event Intercontinental Championship 4 - Way Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Kane Vrs Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Kurt Angle Vrs Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Edge Vrs Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Rock JR - Oh My here comes WCW Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Big Show Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting RVD Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting DDP Wow no way its Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Scott Steiner JR - Shane as pulled off a great signing there. Kane won thanks to the match being DQ when in 16:46 when Scott Steiner, Diamond Dallas Page, Big Show & RVD run in and attacked everyone. A The rivalry between the two promotions has erupted, as a massive brawl takes place backstage, and in the ring! The Rock and Diamond Dallas Page square off inside the ring, while Kane and Edge double team Scott Steiner. Backstage, Kurt Angle is put through a table by Big Show, while Rob Van Dam fends off more attackers! A* The King - What a great show, see you next week. Revenge at Nitro this week. Overall Show - A

Archived