From FOFC: [url]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/showpost.php?p=755630&postcount=176[/url] [QUOTE]Arles Grey Dog Software Join Date: Nov 2000 Age: Posts: 1,669 [QUOTE] [i]Originally Posted by Adamski47[/i] Oh, and way to go Arlie I know our guys will be anxiously awaiting this release especially if we can somehow import draft files back into TPF (long shot)? Good luck! [/QUOTE] I would say that's not as much of a longshot as you may think [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scott Vibert]From FOFC: [url]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/showpost.php?p=755630&postcount=176[/url][/QUOTE] The problem is that TPF is no longer supported (at least by Arlie) and it still has some nagging bug issues. I haven't played TPF in months because of it.

[QUOTE=Maximus]The problem is that TPF is no longer supported (at least by Arlie) and it still has some nagging bug issues. I haven't played TPF in months because of it.[/QUOTE] Max, those of us that play in online leagues or post things on the 400 boards know Arlie still supports TPF. Fixes problems and such.

[QUOTE=BigDawg]Max, those of us that play in online leagues or post things on the 400 boards know Arlie still supports TPF. Fixes problems and such.[/QUOTE] Really? :confused: He supports the online leagues but seems to have left the solo players alone? Is this what you are saying? Hmm, I'll have to ask a few guys in a few leagues to see if thats the case. So I guess if I don't play in online leagues I'm screwed, is that it? I don't post at the .400 forums because the only ones that were psoting there who knew anything about the development of TPF was .... nobody.

Actually Arlie has been very supportive of the TPF fans and their problems with multiplayer and other issues that have come up. There may be some issues that he cannot address efficiently, but he has been very involved in the tech support of all his games at .400 Software Studios. Just because there has been no new information about TPF since Arlie left, doesn't mean he hasn't supported it. A lot he does behind the scenes with tech support that I receive by email, and PM. Some of that is done with the email system in place and Arlie has been VERY helpful with it. Between the TPF moderators who are doing the lion's share of the work, Bob Hanson and Tim Plum, and Arlie, there is no stone left unturned when trying to solve issues. Just FYI.

Just to make a note here; I am not blaming or bad mouthing Arlie [U]at all[/U]. I want to make this clear before anyone here gets bent out of shape. Well TC I haven't seen an official patch for months. Knowing that Arlie was working on a college football sim, I wasn't going to bother him about a game in which he basically got screwed on. Having said that, I would rather see an official patch released addressing the problems instead of by PM or email becuase I don't visit the .400 forums anymore and because there isn't any official news there about TPF I don't have a reason to go there. If there was something stating that TPF was still being supported I would have stayed but for months after the split I finally stopped because I saw no movement.

Sorry, Max. :) Just because Arlie had moved didn't mean he wasn't going to support the game for problems that came up. Arlie had mentioned in his goodbye thread that he would continue to support thru tech support and answering any game issues that couldn't be solved by the moderators and staff. He didn't reiterate that because he still visits daily to the games he created and has been a great help with the issues I had stated earlier. Any assumptions that it was otherwise that most felt when he moved to GDS, would be in error of course. I am not angry Max, just wanted to make sure that people understood Arlie still visits the .400 games forums and helps with any issues not solvable by the mods and staff. If Arlie felt there was a need for another patch or update, he would have created and uploaded it by now. There is a point where you have to close the door on patches and updates after a period of time, I believe as well. That call is his to make, and as a programmer he knows when the time is best to stop production on patches or updates to the game. Just because you don't visit much doesn't mean there isn't Arlie sightings...hehe. I see them all over, OOTP, FOFC, .400, you name it. :)

TC, I noticed about an hr or so ago that there was a new release for TPF (now 1.42). I have posted a few questions over there about it. Could you take a look at my thread please. :) Thank you. [url]http://www.400softwarestudios.com/invboard/upload/index.php?showtopic=70400[/url] edit: I support Arlie all the way I want to make this clear. Instead of saying he wasn't supporting TPF any longer I should have checked the BFL forums (Bob Hansons').

No, but good question. You can be the commish and use 1.42 with all of your owners on 1.41 or 1.42 and be fine. The output and input formats stayed consistent. In fact, the commish is the person that would get the most out of updating since the CPU AI moves, engine upgrades and reporting/editing fixes would be only useful to him. For solo, it's worth downloading for everyone and won't hurt your existing game.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]Guys, 1.42 has been released for TPF. You can check it out here: [url]http://www.400softwarestudios.com/invboard/upload/index.php?showtopic=70415[/url][/QUOTE] Arlie is that just an update file if you have TPF already install? is there a full version of 1.42 to install? because i dont have prior version install. also how i get my 2nd licence back. i did a clean install and forgot to unistall my license. i email elicense 3 times and they never respond to me. rememeber i won TPF a year ago on your TPF dev chat you guys had on draft day. so that might be why they didnt respond. no record of me. i still have the email Tara Clover sent to me with the license info too. is there a way you can help me get my 2nd license back, because i want to put TPF on my laptop too. thanks

[QUOTE=jbmagic]i still have the email Tara Clover sent to me with the license info too. is there a way you can help me get my 2nd license back, because i want to put TPF on my laptop too. thanks[/QUOTE] Send me an email scott at greydogsoftware.com include the email Tara sent you... I will see what I can do.

Archived