SWA - "The Power" Returns to Wrestling

[IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9516/internetxi1.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]Jesse Christian Shocks the Wrestling World: “I’m Back”[/SIZE] [B]Saturday 27th January 2007[/b] Wrestling fans Worldwide were shocked earlier today as Jesse Christian, two time SCCW Champion, publicly announced his plans to start up his own wrestling promotion, Southern Wrestling Alliance. The former SCCW superstar released the following statement: “It’s been a long four years without wrestling, and there hasn’t been a day in my life that I haven’t thought about the business. I don’t regret my decision to temporarily leave the business back in March 2003, as it’s given me the time to think about my life and career. My 37th birthday is not too long away, and to be honest I don’t think I can go through wrestling week-in week-out again at this point in my life, it takes an unbelievable toll on your body. But this doesn’t take away my love for the sport, and I think that at this point it’s time to make it clear – I will not be wrestling full-time again. Over the past four years I’ve received all kinds of offers. But I will not be wrestling full-time ever again. As sad as it makes me to say that, I see this as a chance to do something new. I see this as a chance to help younger guys across the road, which is something that I could have only dreamed of doing back when I was working independents. I myself want to continue the legacy of Southern Championship Class Wrestling that was bought to a halt back in 2003. Therefore, it is my honour to announce my plans of opening Southern Wrestling Alliance! I made my decision to open SWA a few weeks ago, and invested $500,000 from my bank account into my new project. I am proud to announce that I have been in contact with young wrestlers from all over North America, not just the Mid South! SWA plans to hold it’s first show towards the end of February. More information will be given to you wrestling fans that have stuck by me through thick and thin as it comes.” Jesse Christian has told us that he has opened a new website ([url]www.southernwrestlingalliance.com[/url]) which he will be updating regularly with SWA news and information on shows. Check back later in the week for more information.

Of course, reading this article bought no surprise to me whatsoever. I, George Kneller, was a very close friend of Jesse, and had been for years. We would go out to bars together and see Supreme TV playing on the television, we had followed the business closely ever since Jesse made the decision to take a hiatus back in 2003. Jesse had already let me know of his plans, and it was not too long after he initially made his decision that he made me one of the biggest proposals of my lifetime. [b]Jesse:[/b] Hey George, how’s that job of your’s been going lately? [b]Me:[/b] Eh, alright. It kind of gets boring doing the same thing every day, every week, every month of the year, you know what I mean? It’s just, I feel I could be doing much more with my life than sit in an office all day and except calls, make notes and fill out paperwork. [b]Jesse:[/b] George… How would you feel about being the head booker for a wrestling promotion? [b]Me:[/b] …Huh? [b]Jesse:[/b] It would basically involve, well, deciding the matches, deciding who wins the matches, deciding who wins the championships, deciding the feuds, deciding who egts pushed, and you’d get a say on who we hire. I know it’s asking a lot, but my main goal with this project is to help train these youngers guys and help them break through into the big leagues. You were always the creative one out of the two of us. [b]Me:[/b] I dunno… [b]Jesse:[/b] Please, man, a favour for an old friend. Think about how much you’ve always wanted to work in the wrestling business… [b]Me:[/b] Aw, okay then. [b]Jesse:[/b] Thank you so much man, that’s relieved me of a huge weight on my shoulders. I’ll keep you updated. Thanks again man… However, reading this article did have some sort of effect on me. I think it’s because now, I know that it’s official. Now that it’s public, it’s pretty much set in stone that the Southern Wrestling Alliance will be opening. And if I screw up, I’ve not only let my friend down, but I’ve also let a lot of fans down… What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Well, after about a month of scouting and contacting wrestlers from around North America I have compiled a roster of sixteen workers – young prospects and some veterans, to help them learn. The final roster consists of: [B]Nathan Coleman -[/B] A veteran worker who was recently signed for DAVE, and is also working for GCG. He’ll be working as our top heel. [B]Jim Force –[/B] Another veteran, who works the midcard of USPW regularly. He’ll be working as a face for our main event. [B]Donnie J –[/B] Our third Main Eventer, who will also be working as a face. Currently main eventing CZCW, at some point in his career I’d like to see him work for DAVE, TCW or SWF, because he seems to have a lot o potential. Approaching his thirtieth birthday, maybe I can help him take that step. [B]Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo –[/B] aka The Latino Kings, I bought these two in to lighten up our tag division, but also see if I can help them work their way up the DAVE card rather than being stuck as openers. They’ll both be working as heels. [B]Ultimate Phoenix –[/B] An experienced, talented worker who we will definitely benefit from having here. I’d like to push him to the main event at some time, but for now he’ll be working the Upper Midcard as a face. [B]James Prudence –[/B] I really like the character that CZCW gave Prudence recently after a turn, so I think I want to continue with that. He’ll be an Upper Midcarder, working as a heel. [B]Mean Jean Cattley –[/B] Cattley is a badass worker from MAW, who in actual fact just won the Rip Chord Invitational a few days ago there. I was hoping to use him as a heel, because he works better as a bad guy, but due to my lack of midcard faces he’ll be a face. [B]Matt Sparrow –[/B] My other midcard face, a guy in his mid twenties that has potential. He currently works the Upper Midcard for CZCW. [B]Black Eagle –[/B] This cruiserweight has a lot of talent, and I’m hoping that I can get him over enough to eventually get him to the Main Event. He’s currently going to be working the midcard as a heel, and I decided that I’d rename him Black Cancer to reflect the heel persona. [B]Mick Muscles –[/B] A veteran that I’m hoping will be able to get over some of the younger guys. He’ll be in the midcard, and working as a heel. I decided that I’d rename him Michael Vermont, reflecting his hometown, since I’ve never been a fan of the name Mick Muscles. [B]Frankie Perez –[/B] A talented young worker who is also wrestling for CZCW. He’ll be working as a face on the lower midcard, and I’ve decided that he’ll be teaming with Mikey James. [B]Mainstream Hernandez –[/B] A talented worker with a great looks, although he’ll be working the lower midcard I have high hopes for Mainstream. He’ll be working under ‘Mainstream’ James Hernandez, as a face. [B]Roderick Remus –[/B] A very young worker who currently has no other contracts. I hope to improve his skills over the next few years. He shall be working as a heel in the lower midcard. [B]William Hayes –[/B] A worker with a lot of potential and charisma, William Hayes will be working as a heel as an opener. [B]Mikey James –[/B] Another talented young worker who I see some promise in. He’ll be teaming with Frankie Perez and working as a face as an opener. I am also happy to have signed Marv Earnest to work as our announcer after having heard some of his work in MAW and NYCW. Jesse will be our Color Commentator, which will make things a lot easier for me in the coming weeks. I will need to get hold of a couple of referees and road agents, plus I need to think a bit more about pairing people together for our tag team division, but apart from that I think we’re pretty much set to go. Our first show will be towards the second half of this month, and we will be deciding our first ever SWA Champion.

Archived