College to Pro options??

I read in the thread below about the possibility of a draft for drafting players for a pro game.....but it doesn't answer what I want to know the most. Is there going to be a pro version from Grey Dog that we can easily fit in with the college game or will we have to use TPF??

I'm a newbie here. Ok. So what you are saying is: They have this college football game (Bowl Bound) and they are going to make a pro football game. If they are I will definitly be very interested in this. I have been waiting for someone to make a PC college football game and a pro football game. Now with that said, are they going to have it where the seniors and some of the juniors from the college game and have it where they go into the draft for the pro football game. Please any information on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't care when it comes out as long as they are working on it and I have something that I can look forward to in the future. Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...
It is absolutely imperative that this includes some kind of in game college draft. In TPF, one of the funnest things *is* the draft for many people, and of course ESPN wouldn't be showing 16 hours of draft coverage if it wasn't a very popular thing for fans. Besides your final season record, revenue and bowl wins, seeing your star wideout get selected third overall from a small school is a great feeling of accomplishment. I would say the best way to do this, is to have an in game "draft result" at the end of the season, and also the option to export the draft class as say a csv file for either a future Grey dog game, or a third party utility. As a case in point, simulated sports has a web based college basketball game, and there is a third party league that uses the game's graduating seniors to draft into their own web based pro league.

But even if there is a draft export, there should still be the option of an in game draft as well, so those who only have Bowl Bound can still see where their guys get drafted. As I alluded to elsewhere, the main thing I hated about TCY is that you have to buy a second game just to see the draft.

How would you code an in game NFL draft in Bowl Bound when you don't even know the needs of the NFL teams drafting? It would just be for eye candy to me and not worth the time but that is just me. I suppose you could just state on the player card that the player was drafted by a team in the NFL or run a mock draft just taking the highest rated players in order. Again, this would all be eye candy. An importer for TPF would be the best way to go. Again, just my opinion.

Archived