Dynamite Kid: The Way It Should Have Been

I'm a LONG time reader/admirer and due to another person on this boards influence (Dwight) I have decided to do a diary with one of my all time favourite workers and in my opinion the best British Wrestler ever..."Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington. In this diary I am going to hopefully take Dynamite to places in the business he should have been, enjoy. :) [b]Dynamite kid: The way it should have been.[/b] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/d/dynamitekid/04.jpg[/IMG] [I]Statistics[/I] [B]Overness:[/B] USA: 28 Canada: 40 Mexico: 15 Japan: 70 UK: 75 Europe: 55 Australia: 45 [B]Skills:[/B] Spirit: 66 Power: 54 Technique: 80 Speed: 72 Psychology: 70 Stamina: 88 Toughness: 86 (British Toughness might I add.) Charisma: 80 Microphone: 41 Safety: 75 Looks: 58 Respect: 54 [I]Relationships:[/I] Davey Boy Smith [Dislike] Jacques Rougeau [Dislike] [I]Contracts:[/I] Calgary Stampede Wrestling: Main Eventer New Japan Pro Wrestling: Main Eventer (Co-holder of the IWGP tag titles) Pacific Northwest: Upper Midcarder [I]The next-step:[/I] PNW Around the horn Week 1 August 1983..

[B]Tuesday Week 1, August 1983[/B] [I]PNW Around The Horn[/I] Dynamite turns up at the PNW arena to see who he is going to totally dominate tonight and a look of shock comes on his face.......HE WASN't BOOKED! Dynamite's face turns red with anger because Dutch Savage hasn't booked the best technical wrestler in the world today to a match. Never the less, he goes to the Locker Room to see the boys... Dynamite meets a young bloke going by the name "Scotty The Body"...he's never heard of him of course so he asks Scott how he's doing and tells him that he's a good youngster and can come to Dynamite for advice whenever he needs it....which should be most of the time. Dynamite watches as a young wannabe talent called Curt Hennig retains his PNW Heavyweight title against Rip Oliver, Dynamite sees Hennig's finisher and laughs...he could do it with his eyes closed. [I]Up next on Wednesday: [/I] PNW Big Time Wrestling (Taped) NJPW Puroresu Stampede International [B]I'm going to be writing in this style because it reflects Dynamite Kid's personality in the game, I hope none of you mind.[/B]

[b]Wednesday, Week 1 August 1983[/b] Dynamite got triple booked..so what? Dynamite decides to choose New Japan over PNW and Stampede, know why? Because they respect true talent like Dynamite Kid's. [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Dynamite gets to the arena and is told by Mr. Inoki that he is fighting El Solitario..El Who? This one'll be easy for Dynamite, he goes to the locker room to get ready. He recognises that fool Tiger Mask, who wouldnt? He respects him since they had their amazing series of matches in Japan. So he thinks he may aswell say hi. He wishes him good luck for old times sake and says goodbye. [B]Dynamite Kid vs El Solitario[/B] El Solitario starts things off quickly by hitting a few Snap Suplexes followed by some elbow drops. Dynamite nips back up and hits a backbreaker followed by a rear chinlock. Dynamite waits for Solitario to get up and hits a patented Dynamite Snap Suplex followed by a legdrop. Dynamite Irish Whips Solitario and hits him with a Clothesline, Dynamite circles him and hits a Faling headbutt to the Forehead followed by two legdrops..he really wants to hurt Solitario for his embarresment at the beginning, he drags Solitario up and hits a Double Underhook Suplex, Dynamite goes for another Falling Headbutt and misses! He smacks his head straight off the mat, Solitario goes to work on Dynamite with MULTIPLE elbow drops before Dynamite avoids the onslaught and hits a basement dropkick. Dynamite picks Solitario up and hits a Bulldog lariat..the Japanese fans go crazy! The referee warns Dynamite for his offense but Dynamite just shrugs it off and tells the ref to "Piss Off" Dynamite catapults himself over the ropes and hits a slingshot legdrop....Dynamite gets hit with a Jarocha or something and goes down, he avoids an elbow drop and hits Solitario with a punch...HE HITS THE SUPLEX POWERSLAM~! and gets a 2..Dynamite hauls him up from behind and hits a Bridging back suplex! 1...2...KICK OUT!Dynamite climbs the turnbuckle and....hits the RELEASED GERMAN SUPLEX! 1...2..3! Dynamite wins! Dynamite stands up and with a look of disgust plants a stomp on Solitario he then leaves the ring. C+ Match

Fantastic! I'll be following this one, as Dynamite is such a tremendous talent. And what a first match! Kind of like Mil Mascaras, before I actually watched one of his matches - heh, El Solitario is one of my favorite luchas. I've never seen one of his matches, but have read/heard so many great things about him. Your mauling him just goes to show how awesome Billington is. Good luck!

Great start, Joe! Dynamite was one of my favorites growing up, and I had a few chances to see him in Stampede in Calgary. One of my favorites was the first ladder match I ever saw (long before Shawn Michaels in the WWF I might add ;) ) and I can't even remember Dynamite's opponent because he impressed me so. Looking forward to this one! :D

[B]Thursday Week 1, August[/B] After beating El Solitario in a "close" matchup in Japan, Dynamite checks his schedule and sees he is working for Stampede through Canada. He sighs and makes his way to Tokyo International Airport and checks in for his flight to Calgary. "Bring it on" he thinks, "nothing can stand in the way of Pure Dynamite..heh, I like that." [I]Stampede Through Canada[/I] He's not booked! This angers Dynamite ALOT, he starts to pace around the locker room thinking of ways to hurt various Harts, and guess who he spots...Davey Boy Smith, his IWGP Tag Title Partner. Also the guy who badmouthed Dynamite to the WWF. Dynamite walks over and tells Davey how he could kick his arse anyday seeing as he is the toughest in the locker room, Davey just replies with a snide remark and tells him to get lost..this is exactly what Dynamite wanted. He asks Davey if he wants to start something and Davey....ACCEPTS! They both brawl and Dynamite comes out the winner. The boys stare at Dynamite with worried faces and he just shouts back "So what? I kicked his arse and i'll kick all of yours if you get involved..this is family business." Dynamite later finds out the boys told Stu that he was the innocent party, he smirks and makes a mental note to intimidate them more next time. It seems some of the guys backstage took a liking to Dynamite, he couldn't care less. [B]New Relationship:[/B] J.R Foley [Friendship] Jason The Terrible [Friendship] Rick Patterson [Friendship] Davey Boy Smith [Hatred] [I]Next up:[/I] Stampede Wrestling (TV Taping) World Pro Wrestling (TV)

[B]Friday Week 1 August[/B] Dynamite chose to fly back to Japan where they respect real wrestling like his, he was sure to get booked for NJPW. [I]World Pro Wrestling[/I] NOT BOOKED AGAIN!!!! Dynamite was seriously angry now, maybe he should just go back to the UK and work with his true friends. Nobody cares for talent like his anymore, while he is leaning against the wall some random man walks past and laughs. Dynamite spins round and sees his cousin Davey Smith. Well you can guess what will happen next. Dynamite won...again. They have now brawled through two continents with Davey getting his arse handed to him and once again Dynamite was seen as the innocent party. One of the respected managers Mister Takahashi, liked what he saw in Dynamite Kid. After the show Dynamite phones his contacts in London, he's on his way to World of Sport again. If he doesn't get booked there, then he doesnt know what he'll do.. [I]New Relationship:[/I] Mister Takahashi [Friendship] [I]New Contract:[/I] JPUK: 6 Months, 1,600 per appearance verbal. [I]Next:[/I] ITV World of Sport (TV)

[B]Saturday Week 1, August[/B] Dynamite has made his way back to Joint Promotions, where he started in the business. He hopes this will mean two things: 1. Getting Booked for once 2. Getting some more gold! ITV, get ready because Dynamite is about to be set off on your screens... [I]ITV World of Sport[/I] Not booked, again! :mad: I think the smiley says it all. Dynamite decides to take it out on the first person he sees, he pats a big fat man on the shoulder and says "I'm the toughest in the locker room, what you gonna do about it mate?" The man turns round and it turns out to be Big Daddy, the brother of promotor Max Crabtree. An argument ensues and Big Daddy walks away. [I]New Relationships:[/I] Big Daddy [Dislike] That was a mistake and a half... [I]Next:[/I] Tuesday, Week 2: PNW Around The Horn.

[B]Tuesday Week 2, August[/B] [I]PNW Around The Horn[/I] Not booked again. Dynamite starts to wonder if he should just join the smallest promotion he can find, JUST to get a match. He'll give it a few weeks until he decides to do this. [I]Next:[/I] Big Time Wrestling (TV-Taped) NJPW Puroresu Stampede International [B]Weekly Report[/B] [i]Statistics[/i] Overness: USA: 28 Canada: 40 Mexico: 15 Japan: 70 UK: 75 Europe: 55 Australia: 45 Skills: Spirit: 68 (+2) Power: 54 Technique: 81 (+1) Speed: 73 (+1) Psychology: 72 (+2) Stamina: 88 Toughness: 86 Charisma: 80 Microphone: 41 Safety: 76 (+1) Looks: 58 Respect: 55 (+1) [i]New Relationships:[/i] J.R Foley [Friendship] Jason The Terrible [Friendship] Rick Patterson [Friendship] Davey Boy Smith [Hatred] Mister Takahashi [Friendship] Big Daddy [Dislike]

[B]Wednesday Week 2, August[/B] Dynamite chose NJPW again, I think the gold had an influence this time even if it does mean teaming with Davey again. [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Sadly, not booked again. He saw Davey backstage and decided to avoid him. He was too depressed to fight anyone. Maybe if he sucked up to Inoki he would get a match, may aswell try he thought. He asked Mr. Inoki if he had been working out and wished him luck tonight. After the conversation Dynamite promised himself NEVER to do that again. [I]Next:[/I] Joint Promotions North Tour Stampede International

[B]Thursday Week 2, August[/B] [I]Joint Promotions North Tour[/I] Dynamite just wanted to go home and have a pint, where better than the north of England? Maybe he'll go visit mum in Manchester after he wrestles...oh wait, IF he wrestles. Sadly.....HE HAS A MATCH! Dynamite is impressed with his opponent Mike Marino, the second best technical wrestler in the world..Dynamite being the first of course. [B]Dynamite Kid vs Mike Marino[/B] Dynamite starts things off by hitting a dropkick to Marino...I had to do the emergency finish and I won. So much for my BIG second match. When Dynamite got home his phone started to ring, it was Carlos Colon from WWC. He wanted an urgent meeting with me, I wonder why... [I]Next:[/I] Joint Promotions South Tour World Pro Wrestling (TV) Stampede Wrestling (TV Taping)

I'm going first person now, it's just easier. [B]Friday Week 2, August[/B] It turns out that Colon wanted me to be a part of WWC, he offered me a position as a lower midcarder with $75 per appearance..thats not enough for someone of my caliber so thats exactly what I told him. He wasn't willing to increase so I told him I was too good to be paid that and he left the meeting. [I]World Pro Wrestling[/I] Not booked again, I was thinking of starting a feud here with Tiger Mask just to get some recognition. I asked Inoki and he refused, instead he gave me a feud with Mitsuharu Misawa..I have no idea who he is but he is going to seriously regret to agreeing to a feud with me...bring him on. [I]Next:[/I] ITV World of Sport

[B]Saturday Week 2, August[/B] [I]ITV World of Sport[/I] I'm not booked again, i'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have taken my anger out on Shirley "Big Daddy" Crabtree. This probably won't help me get a match anytime soon in Joint Promotions. Oh well, it's their loss. [I]Next:[/I] PNW Around The Horn [B][i]Updates will now be monthly[/i][/B] [B]Tuesday Week 3 August[/B] [I]PNW Around The Horn[/I] Not booked, AGAIN. *sigh* [I]Next:[/I] Big Time Wrestling (TV) NJPW Puroresu Stampede International [B]What should I do? Should I go join the smallest promotion I can find just to get matches?[/B]

I'd just give it a little time, Joe. I started a career with Bret Hart and I find, at times, it's hard to get matches. It may be that you are too high up the card for some of the small promotions or you make too much money. I think some of the smaller promotions sign too many workers and then they don't have room for everyone on the small cards. Stampede TV is a good example as they tend to only have three matches on that show, usually 8 guys in a roster of up to 40. Your best bet is to start up some feuds and hope for bookings that way. Going to a smaller promotion may not end up with Dynamite getting any more work than he is now.

[B]Wednesday Week 3 August[/B] I've chose to represent New Japan again, mostly beacause i'm a title holder there... [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] WAHEY, I've got a match against Riki Chosyu. I'm pumped and ready to destroy Riki. He won't know what hit him. [B][i] Dynamite Kid vs Riki Chosyu [/i][/B] I am SO ANGRY, I did the whole match and forgot to look at the recap. Here's what I remember..I hit Chosyu with the Suicide-a-plex from the top rope and was sure to win but Misawa ran in and broke up the pin. I then hit Chosyu with a piledriver into a Dynamite Falling Headbutt, he did a last second kick out so I went for a slingshot legdrop..which MISSED! and he locked in the fujiwara armbar and I submitted. Well that was a kick in the nuts. [B]Match Length:[/B] 46 Minutes [B]Match Rating:[/B] B+ And you wonder why i'm so upset? I was pissed, that little piece of **** Misawa had just ruined my first match in a long time. I'll get him next time. [I]Next:[/I] Joint Promotions North Tour Stampede International

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Despite the fact that The Grand Wizard was better (;) ), I agree with Captain Lou; Misawa robbed Dynamite! Still, the B+ is fantastic. Well done![/QUOTE] The Grand Wizard was also my favorite. I'll have to change the avatar when I go back to work Thursday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived