Couple of questions, RE: Wrestling Styles

I was wondering if anyone would know (Mr. Ryland?) how important style match-ups are, as far as the AI booking is concerned? Is it all based on overness, or do the styles also play into it? If Styles do play into it, which ones match up? I assume that Super Juniors, Cruiserweights, and Luchas would match up with each other; Possibly a Technician and Strong Style would match up well - but what about Regular Wrestlers? Do they match up with everyone, or just other Regular Wrestlers? Same with Brawlers - would only Psychopaths and other Brawlers match up? How about Sports Entertainers? Who would they match-up with, besides other SE? What is a 'Regular Wrestler', anyway? I've always been somewhat confused by that category. Thanks for your time!

The styles don't do anything to the bookings. The reason being that when testing, it worked the same way you just laid out (brawlers working more with other brawlers, etc), but as a result the same people tended to fight each other all the time, and the cards got a bit stale. I decided to sacrifice some reality for variance to make the match-ups fresher. As for "regular wrestler", that's basically the "catch all" designation for people who don't fall into any other category. The example I use for that is always Bret Hart - he did too much brawling to be a Technician, to much technical work to be a brawler, and I wouldn't say he was a Sports Entertainer, so he seems to fit nicely in the regular wrestler category.

Archived