Coaches Movement

I dont think this has been touched on yet, and I dont know how feasible it is. One thing I think is missing from not just text games but all video games is the movement of coaches. Now I know the user can move schools but what I would like to see is other coaches being able to move. I think this would add great realism and another dimension of depth. For instance if you are lets say Ohio State and you have been happily pounding away at the Wolverines for 4-5 years. Everyone in Columbus is happy yet the Wolverine faithful clamor for a new head man. In comes ____________ who has been simply stellar at lets say Missouri. The problem is coach ___________ is a Michigan native and has been salivating over the job for years. The UM admins bring in coach _____________ and now you have a new headache on your hands, not only in recruiting but in the success of coach ____________. Anyway, there is another suggestion :)

...why would online leagues be affected by cpu coaching changes? I don't see how this would be any different than the cpu upgrading its training facilities or something. fbcb has coaching movement, the ripple effects are interesting to note, you lose assistants because a big fish jumped somewhere and the school grabbed your guy to replace him.

[QUOTE=dime]...why would online leagues be affected by cpu coaching changes? I don't see how this would be any different than the cpu upgrading its training facilities or something. fbcb has coaching movement, the ripple effects are interesting to note, you lose assistants because a big fish jumped somewhere and the school grabbed your guy to replace him.[/QUOTE] All I'm saying is that it shouldn't be applicable in online leagues. I didnt say it would 'affect' them at all. The term "CPU" coach was not mentioned and wasnt what I was referring to.

[QUOTE=Ragin Cajun]I agree that for solo play it would be a good touch. Especially if coach ratings meant anything at all to the game. A team that was going 2-9 every year just would not keep the same coach for 15 years.[/QUOTE] Agreed. A must if coach ratings do affect recruiting and gameplanning for cpu controlled teams. Not just head coaches, but we also should see assistants leaving for head coaching jobs and fired head coaches perhaps stepping back into an assistant role at an equal or more prestigous school. As AZJAZ said, I also really like the idea of each coach (head and assistant) having a home region or area. To varying degrees some of these coaches should also have a little more success in recruiting athletes from this area and also may be more inclined to leave their current job for a presitigous school in their home area.

Guest [Icy]
If you guys have tried FBCB, you would know that coach movement is present there and it's great, every offseason, your recruiter, scout etc can get beter offers from other teams or even be hired as head coaches. It's a live universe around you and all coaches have cards and stats. I really hope this will be included here too.

I haven't played that. But I have played TDCB which Arlie developed and while assistants get hired I don't see any coach movement outside of those guys. Come to think of it, I haven't really checked to see if the coaches name actually changes on those teams. I know every team I take over when looking after the history it's always been the same coach no matter how many years it's been that I've been playing.

Archived