Burning Desire, Raising The Hammer (Cornellverse)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote=Monkeypox;266269]Horri! Horri! Also... uhm... Golden Scorpion! And Gilmore! And Steve Flash! And Eddie Peak![/quote] You'd really mark out, wouldn't you if Peak made an appearance for Burning Hammer. That's the thing right now, all my best options for bringing fresh-faces into the roster are Gaijin. The free-agent Japanese talent (Hoshino apart- who has so far priced himself out of the market) is pretty poor, especially on the heavyweight side. The deadweight that I released like Sanetomo Shiraishi or Sessue Kawate..still haven't been picked up by anyone else. The availability of some half decent Junior Free Agents is not so bad but I'm happy with the depth of my Junior Division at the moment (see my decision to not bother extending the PPA contract of The Great Hisato) Quite alot of the Golden Canvas guys are on PPA contracts, but I tried to lure away one of their roster once and a certain thing got in the way called loyalty. Mind you they are on fairly shaky ground, so if and when they do go out of business I can see some free-agent rush between us and PGHW to grab their best talent. WEXVV have gone out of business so some free-agents have come on the market from there, but stunt-hardcore brawlers are not really the type of workers Burning Hammer would be looking to sign. Somehow I've made some serious analysis out of a post in this thread, that was obviously typed up under the influence. ;)

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;266353]You'd really mark out, wouldn't you if Peak made an appearance for Burning Hammer. That's the thing right now, all my best options for bringing fresh-faces into the roster are Gaijin. The free-agent Japanese talent (Hoshino apart- who has so far priced himself out of the market) is pretty poor, especially on the heavyweight side. The deadweight that I released like Sanetomo Shiraishi or Sessue Kawate..still haven't been picked up by anyone else. The availability of some half decent Junior Free Agents is not so bad but I'm happy with the depth of my Junior Division at the moment (see my decision to not bother extending the PPA contract of The Great Hisato) Quite alot of the Golden Canvas guys are on PPA contracts, but I tried to lure away one of their roster once and a certain thing got in the way called loyalty. Mind you they are on fairly shaky ground, so if and when they do go out of business I can see some free-agent rush between us and PGHW to grab their best talent. WEXVV have gone out of business so some free-agents have come on the market from there, but stunt-hardcore brawlers are not really the type of workers Burning Hammer would be looking to sign. Somehow I've made some serious analysis out of a post in this thread, that was obviously typed up under the influence. ;)[/QUOTE] Bring in Hell Monkey. Actually, I'm surprised you haven't already hired him by now (unless someone else already signed him to a written deal). He'd fit in perfectly with Size Of The Fight. Oh and Emerald Angel would be an awesome signing once his written contract is gone.

[QUOTE=foolinc;266354]Bring in Hell Monkey. Actually, I'm surprised you haven't already hired him by now (unless someone else already signed him to a written deal). He'd fit in perfectly with Size Of The Fight. Oh and Emerald Angel would be an awesome signing once his written contract is gone.[/QUOTE] Hell Monkey picked up a serious injury working for INSPIRE in something like the first or second week of the game. I did actually sign him to a touring contract, but once he picked up the injury there was no point keeping him on....seeing as the injury was one where he would be out for the rest of the year. Emerald Angel is certainly one I wouldn't pass up on attempting to sign, but I've got a feeling he is loyal to WLW.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;266364]Hell Monkey picked up a serious injury working for INSPIRE in something like the first or second week of the game. I did actually sign him to a touring contract, but once he picked up the injury there was no point keeping him on....seeing as the injury was one where he would be out for the rest of the year. Emerald Angel is certainly one I wouldn't pass up on attempting to sign, but I've got a feeling he is loyal to WLW.[/QUOTE] Tough luck for Hell Monkey and you are correct about Angel's loyalty to WLW.

Soon enough WLW will go bankrupt and you will have even more great junior talent and a few heavyweights. And also GCG will go bankrupt aswell then you will have people like hyobanshi and pistol pete up for grabs. So soon you will have an even better roster which is quite hard to believe honestly

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;266380]Soon enough WLW will go bankrupt and you will have even more great junior talent and a few heavyweights. And also GCG will go bankrupt aswell then you will have people like hyobanshi and pistol pete up for grabs. So soon you will have an even better roster which is quite hard to believe honestly[/QUOTE] WLW isn't going to go bankrupt. They have more money than they start with, so unless something wierd happens, they are going to be sticking around for a while.

[quote=foolinc;266384]WLW isn't going to go bankrupt. They have more money than they start with, so unless something wierd happens, they are going to be sticking around for a while.[/quote] Last time I looked WLW had about $700'000 in the bank...which means that they are hardly raking in the cash, but are pretty stable as long as they don't start over-stretching themselves and go on a mad spending spree. They may well end up going bankrupt later down the line, but I can't see me keeping this diary going until something like 2015, at the pace I'm currently going at it would be 2015 for real and I'm still writing this diary :D . Golden Canvas on the other hand are definately on shaky ground, only about $65'000 in the bank last time I looked. What I find ironic is that all their titles prestige (in my game) are at maximum level, even though the promotions in dire straits. Their World Title matches usually on average garner a B- rating. [B]100% prestige.....[/B]yeah right. :rolleyes:

[CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen][U]Eye of the Dragon Tour (Show 12)[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Monday 8th October 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Kanagawa Sports Field, Kanto (Attendance:5'000) [/CENTER] [B]Dark Matches[/B] [B]Dark Match # 1: Kenko Takemitsu vs U.K Dragon[/B] [B][COLOR=red]Result: UK Dragon defeated Kenko Takemitsu in 4:10 by pinfall with [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]a Dragon Drop. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B-[/COLOR][/B] _______________________________________________________________ [B]Dark Match #2 : Eiji Hamacho vs Toshiki Shibanumo[/B] [B][COLOR=red]Result: Eiji Hamacho defeated Toshiki Shibanumo in 6:13 by pinfall with a Hamacho Sledge 2K. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C[/COLOR][/B] _______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (Filmed for T.V)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The show starts with footage of the official World Title match press conference. It's one of those cheesy affairs where each wrestler is at the opposite ends of a press table, they trash-talk each other, they get in each other faces and the security pulls them apart. Of course Horri and Kudo are being very serious, but it's unintentionally hilarious stuff, that will probably show up on something like YouTube.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B]_______________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #1 : Koshiro Ino vs Rhino Umaga[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The new found hatred these two have for each other meant, that they weren't going to wait until they were both in the ring. Ino met Umaga on the entrance ramp and they just laid into each other with lefts and rights...brawling through the crowd .At one point Ino Irish whipped Umaga into one of the equipment trunks, another spot saw Ino try to suplex Umaga onto a a row of chairs, but Umaga was able to block and manage to snap off a suplex on Ino instead. They finally got into the ring and the match officially got under way, with Umaga in control after the suplex/chairs spot. A swinging slide slam followed by a Running Knee led to a two count for the Dragon Feet 'Insurance Policy'. Umaga then backed Ino up into the corner and began to go to town with repeated shoulder barges and knee-strikes winding Ino. Ino then stumbled out of the corner and got levelled with a Running Lariat...... One..... Two..... Ino kicked out......Umaga then dragged Ino up and started to fire away with more chops, but Ino managed to shake them off and the POWAAAH and Paint wrestler, started to fire-back with strikes off his own, soon Umaga was on the back-foot and after an Irish-whip Ino caught Umaga with a spear..... One.... Two..... Umaga was able to kick out, but Ino stayed on the offensive, tossing Umaga over-head with a back-body drop , Ino then climbed up to the second turnbuckle and caught Umaga with one of his patented (actually ripped off from Jim Force) double axe handles.Before impressively scooping up the 300 Ib Samoan and driving Umaga to the canvas with a Death Valley Driver. One..... Two..... The cover was weak from Ino, because the move had taken alot out of him, but it had taken more out of Umaga. As both men stumbled back up to their feet Ino took control with a series of right hands....Umaga then sprang off the ropes and tried to catch Ino with a Lariat, but instead got caught with a BACK-SNAPPER !!! One.... Two.... Three, and Ino gains some measure of revenge on the ' Silver Dragon Feet-Insurance Policy' Good semi-main event level match to open the show with. About what can be expected when you put these two in the same ring together, in the fact that it was a solid big man brawl, without ever being anywhere near a show-stealing MOTYC. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Koshiro Ino defeated Rhino Umaga in 10:42 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] _______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match #2 : Sensational Dragon vs Steve Flash[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SteveFlash.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Nothing more than an extended squash for the Junior champion, Flash might be the larger sized competitor but Dragon had no problem dealing with the size difference (though Flash is hardly what you call heavyweight) and in the end he put Flash away with the Dragon Slice (Shiranui). Flash was the consumate professional as always and sold Dragon's offence well enough to lift it from being a completely dull squash match. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Sensational Dragon defeated Steve Flash in 5:56 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=black]___________________________________________________________[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B]Match #3 : Elemental II vs Marihito Masuko[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Next up in action was Sensational Dragon's Junior Title rival Elemental II, who appeared to have the much tougher test on paper against a former Junior champion in Marihito Masuko, and that certainly proved to be the case. Elemental II starts off all fired-up as if to send a message to the Junior Champion and lays into Masuko right away with a combination of stiff kicks. Masuko soon backs off and slips out of the ring. Elemental II then fires off the ropes to go for the handspring plancha but then puts the brakes on and fakes out Masuko with the Elemental- Daze Kick but Masuko was one step ahead and snapped the ring ropes into the face of Elemental II. Masuko then pulled Elemental II off his feet to the outside and whipped the Junior legend into one of the guard-rails. Masuko then threw Elemental II back into the ring, and then followed in with a spring-board arm-drag, transitioned into a Russian Leg-sweep. That earnt Masuko a two count. Masuko the dragged Elemental II back up to his feet and then planted him back to the canvas with an STO, before following up with a double-stomp to the chest and sling-shot plancha.... One... Two.... Elemental II got his foot on the ropes. Masuko then tried to take Elemental II with a swinging neck-breaker but the Junior Legend was able to slip out and then countered with a roll-up. Masuko soon kicked out of that but soon found himself in an Elemental clutch. Masuko made his way to the ropes to break up the pin, but the submission hold had earnt Elemental II time to shake off the cob-webs and as both men got back up to their feet Elemental II immediately caught Masuko with a springboard back elbow. Masuko staggered back up to his feet only to get knocked down again, this time with a flying cross-body, that led to a pin attempt from Elemental II..... One..... Two..... Masuko counters into a small-package of his own, he grabs Elemental II's tights ! One.... Two... Elemental II kicked out, he catches Masuko from behind and nails the P.I.N.K leader with an Elemental suplex.... One.... Two..... Masuko kicks out. Elemental II then goes up top and nails Masuko with the INFERNO SPLASH !! After that the pin-fall is academic. Solid match, not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but it didn't have to be. The Inferno Splash (corkscrew 450) really is a thing of majestic beauty and the fans never tire of seeing it. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Elemental II defeated Marihito Masuko in 10:43 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] [I]Elemental II is quietly celebrating his hard fought victory, when suddenly Tadakuni Toshusai hits the ring, nails Elemental II with a Mongolian chop and then picks up the Junior legend and delivers the Shock Treatment (Back-breaker drop). [/I] [I]Masuko is now back up to his feet and P.I.N.K are about to deliver a beat-down when Size of the Fight hit the ring and chase P.I.N.K off...they then help Elemental II back up to his feet.[/I] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]__________________________________________________________[/B] [I]Tetsuzan 'I'm here with such and such wrestler who will be wrestling some other wrestler' Kaneko is backstage with Kinnojo Horri, who has requested some interview time[/I] [I]- Horri says that Kudo tried to fix last weeks contenders match, but that his plans back-fired and that Kudo would now have to face the consquences[/I] [I]- He then said that he would seal his participation in the Two-Tier World Title challenge at Night of the Burning Hammer by winning the World Title tonight ![/I] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] Horri does alot of things well, witty and entertaining promos is not one of them.[/FONT] _______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match #4: Six Man Junior Tag:[/B] [B] Americana, Eagle Kawasawa & Super Joshuya [/B][B]vs[/B] [B]The Awesome Kiyaru, Fire-Fox & SUKI[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EagleKawasawa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_WashichiInao.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SUKI.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was a zillion mile an hour spot-fest that became pretty hard to call early on. Highlights included The Awesome Kiyaru breaking out a springboard shooting –star press to everyone on the outside , Super Joshuya pulling the rope-walk head—scissors from his bag of tricks on Fire-Fox (something he’s not done in a while) and SUKI taking down Americana with a spinning head-scissors and transferring it into a SUKI- Special II (Head-Scissors into cross-arm breaker) only for Kawasawa to break it up with an Elbow drop and nail SUKI with the Eagle-Plex. In the end everyone was pretty much laid out by high impact moves and in the end Fire-Fox picked up the win for his team by pinning Super-Joshuya after the Down in Flames (Shooting-Star Elbow drop). The match had very little psychology and barely resembled a tag match for the most part, but it was a lot of fun and nice show-case for the Junior Division. Everyone seemed like they wanted to impress and even Super Joshuya seemed more motivated than he has in some-time during this match, despite once again being the man to take the fall, as he has so often done of late. [B][COLOR=red]Result: SUKI, Fire Fox and The Awesome Kiyaru defeated Americana, Super Joshuya and Eagle Kawasawa in 10:31 when Fire Fox defeated Super Joshuya by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=red][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] ________________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match #5 : Tom Gilmore vs Yasunobu Masuno[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AngryGilmore.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Both of these workers had plenty of reason to be motivated for this match. Gilmore wanted to prove why he has been chosen to get an opportunity to qualify for the two tier World Title match at Night of the Burning Hammer, despite the fact that he has yet to win a major match since his return to Burning Hammer. Masuno on the other hand was a main eventer at the beginning of the year but had slipped down to mid-card status. Could Masuno recapture his 2006 form and show that he is back on track to become a main-event player ? They started off with the usual strike exchange, surprisingly it’s Gilmore who gets the early advantage, wisely using some low-kicks to chop Masuno down to one knee. Gilmore then charged at Masuno with a running knee strike, but the Mullet-haired heavyweight was able to use Gilmore’s momentum to toss him over head with a back-body drop (from one knee). Gilmore then staggered back up but got immediately taken down with an Ed Henson Press, before Masuno rained down with a flurry of punches. Masuno then picked up Gilmore and dumped the respected Gaijin on his head with a German Suplex. One…. Two….. Gilmore kicked out. Masuno then pulled Gilmore up off the mat and this time delivered a Belly to Back Suplex, again he went for the cover… One…. Two… Gilmore not only kicked out but countered with a small package roll-up, but Masuno was able to grab the ropes to break up the pin. As both men got up Gilmore surprised Masuno with a reverse STO. Masuno then staggered back up to his feet but got caught with an Enziguri….somehow the big man stayed on his feet but the crowd could definitely feel a shift in momentum. Gilmore then caught Masuno with a double knee gut-buster. Still Masuno stayed on his feet, Gilmore then climbed to the second rope and dived off,. Masuno caught him and lifted Gilmore up into the Power-Bomb position but Gilmore was able get some momentum off the ropes and counter with a Tornado DDT, finally taking Masuno off his feet and transitioning it into a pin attempt…. One…. Two…. Masuno kicked out…. Gilmore then sprung up the turnbuckles in poetic motion and pulled out the Picture Perfect Moonsault……. One…… Two….. Masuno kicked out again, but was still planted firmly to the mat and Gilmore once again went to the corner and snapped off another Picture Perfect Moonsault…. One….. Two….. This time it was three. Simple but effective tale of two halves match-up that was lifted by the fact that these two have pretty good chemistry together and did a solid job of selling each others offence. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Tom Gilmore defeated Yasunobu Masuno in 9:46 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] O.O.C Note:[FONT=Courier New] The game notes actually said Gilmore defeated Masuno with the Anger Management. In this diary I have the Anger Management as a spin-out power-bomb, and I can’t see Gilmore being able to both lift and produce the momentum against a big 300 Iber like Masuno to pull that move off. [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]I created the Picture Perfect Moonsault as an alternative finisher that could realistically be used to put away bigger opponents. [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]__________________________________________________________________[/FONT] [I]We see Hooded Kudo backstage with Miyamae , where he is giving his fellow Silver-Dragon Feet member a pep-talk. Basic message from Kudo to Miyamae ‘ Do your best to take Nakasawa out, so that he’s in no shape to take part in the title match at Night of the Burning Hammer’[/I] [I]We then see the former World Heavyweight Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa making his way to the ring, looking very focused and ready to release his frustrations out on the Tag Team Champion.[/I] [B]Ratings: B- for Kudo/Miyamae pep talk, B for Nakasawa walking to the ring.[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #6 : Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Miyamae[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Nakasawa is making his entrance when Miyamae comes rushing in and gets things started by sneak attacking the former World Champion from behind. Miyamae soon shoves Nakasawa into one of the barricades. Nakasawa fires back with a series of chops and whips Miyamae into an opposite guard-rail. They finally bring it back into the ring and Miyamae regains control with a rolling cutter. Nakasawa gets whipped into the corner and Miyamae follows up with a running knee strike into a face-wash. Nakasawa gets back up to his feet only for Miyamae to dump him with an Exploder Suplex.... One.... Two.... Nakasawa gets his shoulder up but it's all Miyamae so far. Miyamae then stomps away on Nakasawa and then turns his attention to one of the turnbuckles. He begins to tamper with the top rope padding, but Nakasawa is back up and delivers a clubbing blow to the back of Miyamae and then dumps Miyamae with a Belly to Back Suplex. Nakasawa is able to take advantage due to the punishment he had taken earlier, as both of them just lay on the canvas. Nakasawa is the first to stagger back up to his feet and he comes at Miyamae with a series of fore-arm smashes...Miyamae fires back but gets taken down with a Uranage. Nakasawa follows up with a series of elbow drops, then goes for a cover that Miyamae easily kicks out of. Nakasawa then tries to suplex Miyamae, but the tag champion fights it off, then tries for a suplex of his own, this time Nakasawa blocks. Nakasawa attempts a suplex again, finally someone wins the struggle as Nakasawa takes Miyamae over with a Northern Lights..... One... Two.... Miyamae kicks out. Nakasawa pulls Miyamae up and tries for the Nakasawa Neck-breaker....but Miyamae shoves him off into the exposed turnbuckle. Nakasawa stumbles out fom the corner and gets planted with an STO. Miyamae goes up top and hits his target with a flying headbutt... One.... Two..... Nakasawa powerfully kicks out. Both men are back up and Nakasawa regains control with a series of fore-arms and a knee to the mid-section of Miyamae. He then sets up for a power-bomb but Miyamae counters and takes Nakasawa down with a head-scissors, before transitioning the counter into a head-scissors Arm-Bar. At one point it looked like Nakasawa might tap, but then he began to power his way out of the submission move. Nakasawa then lifted up Miyamae and with one arm 'power-bombed' the Silver Dragon Feet member into the turnbuckle. Miyamae kept hold of Nakasawa's arm but Nakasawa counterd with another turnbuckle power-bomb. This time Miyamae let go and was met by a Lariat (with his good arm) from Nakasawa. Nakasawa fell onto Miyamae to make the pin... One..... Two.... Miyamae with a crucifix roll, Nakasawa kicks out and counters with a roll-up of his own....Miyamae kicks out but then Nakasawa applies an STF. Miyamae tries to make it to the ropes but Nakasawa brings it back in and then switches up the STF into a cross-face variation. Miyamae again tries to make it to the ropes, but Nakasawa holds firm...... Miyamae taps out ! These two showed why (right now) they are key-players in Burning Hammer. They put on a match that had the right balance of technical skill and intriguing drama. I was interested to see how Nakasawa would respond to losing the title and so far this month he's been just as good if not even better as the challenger hungry to regain his World Title. Miyamae is another go to guy on the roster , but does not get the fan-fare that follows a Nakasawa, Kudo or even Horri and is perhaps a little unlucky to constantly be the main-event level talent that is the jobber to the stars in singles competition, but then again someone has to do it. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa defeated Miyamae in 13:37 by submission. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B] [I]With Miyamae laying in agony. Nakasawa picks up a microphone. He has a simple message...come Night of the Burning Hammer no matter who will be put in his way, he wil become World Champion once again.[/I] [B]Rating: B[/B] [B]____________________________________________________________[/B] [I]The show then cuts backstage where Hooded Kudo is standing with a microphone[/I] [I]- Kudo says that Horri might have been lucky enough to earn a title match but he won't be lucky enough to win the World Title[/I] [I]- He added that Horri is just not in his league[/I] [I]- Kudo pointed out that Horri may of once be part of Silver Dragon Feet, but that he was too stupid to take on board anything Kudo has teached him[/I] [I]- Kudo rounded things off by saying that tonight he takes Horri to school once again. The school of hard knocks[/I]. [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B]________________________________________________________[/B] [I]We then get the usual video package for a World Title match. It shows Kudo winning the World Title at Quest of Heart and Kinnojo Horri earning his title shot last Thursday in the 4 corner survival.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER] [B]Match # 7: World Title:[/B] [B] Hooded Kudo vs Kinnojo Horri[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningWorld.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HoodedKudo.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] We get the full pomp and ceremony introductions for this one. Kudo might be a heel but he still gets the streamer treatment, and probably gets more streamers than Horri. Horri gets his fair share, but it's now been 18 months since his break-out win over the defector who cannot be named and he hasn't quite followed up on that and the fans are beginning to wonder if will destined to be a nearly man. Could Horri fulfill his promise and finally land the big one ? After the pomp and ceremony is done with, they waste little time in gettiing in each others faces and the fire-works begins straight away, as they lay into one another with chops and punches. Horri begins to use his size and strength to take control and he backs Kudo into of the turnbuckles, but Kudo uses his 'experience' to turn the situaton in his favour. Read experience as the age old trick of a poke to the eye. Kudo switches it around and fires away on Horri with a series of knife-edged chops. Horri fires back though and Kudo is again on the back foot. Horri then takes Kudo down with a clothesline, Kudo gets back up but is taken down with another clothesline. Horri goes for a cover but Kudo quickly kicks out, and then decides to slip out of the ring and go for a powder. Kudo then starts to walk up the entrance ramp, but Horri knowing that the title does not change on a count-out , doesn't want to win this way and sets off in pursuit of the World Champion. Horri catches up with Kudo and after a few clubbing blows, he back-body drops Kudo onto the entrance ramp. Horri then drags Kudo back up towards the ring, but Kudo delivers a blow of questionable legality to Horri's never regions and then whips the chalenger into the ring-steps. As Horri's back hits the steel steps....Kudo rolls back into the ring. Umeki begins his twenty county.... Horri get up on to the Apron but Kudo meets him with a fore-arm smash and knocks Horri back-down again. Kudo then gets arrogant and starts to strut around the ring as if he's already won the match. That allows Horri to get back into the ring who charges at Kudo, but once again Kudo is one step ahead and takes down Horri with a drop-toe hold. Kudo then goes to follow up with the Shining Wizard.....but Horri is able to block and tosses the champion over head with a Fall-Away Slam. Horri then follows up and dumps Kudo with a Belly to Belly Suplex... One... Two.... Kudo kicks out. Horri stays on the offence and backs Kudo into the corner and goes to town with a series of chops and knee-lifts. He then nail Kudo with a German suplex out of the corner, and then into a bridging pin.... One... Two.... Kudo gets the shoulder up just in time. Horri is in complete control and senses he might be on the verge of victory. He gets Kudo into the back-breaker rack position, but Kudo begins to fight off with elbows to the side of Horri's head. That disorientates Horri, who then backs up Kudo into the corner turnvbuckle. Kudo slips off but then steadies himself on the second turnbuckle . Kudo comes off with a flying lariat that staggers Horri, he then hits drop-kick that staggers Horri even more..... Kudo hits another drop-kick, but Horri rebounds off the ropes with a Lariat. Kudo ducks and sends Horri into the ring-ropes with a drop toe hold. Horri rebounds off the ropes and Kudo nails him with a Dragon Suplex.... One..... Two.... Horri kicks out. Kudo picks Horri up and after few knee strikes to the head, tries to lift Horri up for a Kudo-Driver, Horri blocks and gets down to one knee. Horri begins to fight back but gets planted back into the canvas with a Russian Leg- Sweep. Kudo decides to take to the skies and pulls out the moonsault but Horri gets the knees up. As Kudo staggers holding his mid-section Horri gets back up and follows up with a Belly to Back-breaker. He spins Kudo around , lifts Kudo up and nails the World Champion with a sit-out pile-driver.... One..... Two.... Split seconds away from the title changing hands, Kudo got his shoulder up just in time. Horri stays on the offensive, he gets tries to get Kudo up for the Destiny Bomb once again but once again the champion is able to fight off and then in a desperation move catches Horri with an Enziguri. Horri staggers but then regains his footing and once again tries to set Kudo up for the Destiny Bomb, but again gets caught with another Enziguri...this time Kudo follows up with an STO. Kudo then follows up with knee drops to the back of Horri .....he then applies a surfboard, but Horri is able use his strength to turn that over. Both men gets back up to their feet but Kudo is one step ahead once again and takes Horri down with another STO. Kudo follows in with more knee drops and tries for a quick cover, but Horri emphatically kicks out. Kudo keeps the pressure on and has now locked on a dragon sleeper..Horri uses his power to fight out of it but Kudo answers with elbows to the side of the head. Horri begins to fade and Kudo switches it up into the Kudo-Lock. Omura Umeki lifts Horri's arm once, it flops down He lifts it a second time, it flops down He lifts it a third time...... He calls for the bell. Hooded Kudo is still the World Champion. This didn't quite have the same anticipation of the Kudo- Nakasawa title match at Quest of Heart, as the World Title has never changed hands on the first title defence. But this was yet another top notch World Title match and on several occasions it looked like Horri might make history and cause the 'upset' but then Kudo showed why is a 4 time World Champion by stepping up a gear at the end of the match and in the end Horri willted under the pressure from the World Champion. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hooded Kudo defeated Kinnojo Horri in 19:49 by submission. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][COLOR=indigo]Hooded Kudo retains the Burning World Championship title.[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B] The rest of Silver Dragon feet then come into the ring and join in with their leader to celebrate a succesful first title defence for Hooded Kudo [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B]________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Overall: A[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] That's now back to back A-Rated shows. I have to say this one deserved the A rated acclaim more. It started out with a hot opening brawling based match with Ino & Horri, and then followed up with some solid matches in the forms of Elemental II- Masuko and Gilmore-Masuno, add in a Junior Six-Man that was spotty but alot of fun and end with the double greatness of Nakasawa-Miyamae and the World Title match between Horri and Kudo. The only match that could be considered skippable for anyone buying the show on DVD would be the Sensational Dragon- Steve Flash match and even then that was technically solid. _________________________________________________________________ [B]T.V News:[/B] Lords of the Ring drew a 15.30 rating on Nippon T.V (-0.09 ) - Fairly stacked card, World Title on the line and for some reason Lords of the Ring draws a lower rating than last week. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with running the show in Kanto (where we have our best fanbase ) and those who would normally watch the highlights package on T.V, this time came out to see the live-show.

awesome show dude. two fantastic main events and a solid under-card. Horri really did a great job rising to the occasion and it looks like Kudo's title reign has gotten off to a great start and just to throw in my two cents, i have played many Japanese games and GCG and WLW NEVER go out of business and in several games they have both gone national within 5 years and in terms of guys you may want to bring in, have you considered bringing in Samoan Machine? if hes available hes the perfect kind of guy for BHOTWG as he is tough, athletic and could work with Umaga as a tag team

[QUOTE=NOAH fan 4 life;267333] In terms of guys you may want to bring in, have you considered bringing in Samoan Machine? if hes available hes the perfect kind of guy for BHOTWG as he is tough, athletic and could work with Umaga as a tag team[/QUOTE] For some reason this guy always slips under my radar. I've looked at his stats and they are pretty damn good, perhaps one of the most under-rated workers in the Cornellverse, so he's certainly someone I will consider bringing in down the line. He's currently got about 3 PPA contracts with other companies so I'd probably have to offer him a written deal to lure him away. Next show should be up sometime later this evening.

[CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Eye of the Dragon Tour (Show 13)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Thursday 11th October 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Kanagawa Sports Field, Kanto (Attendance:5'000) [/CENTER] [B]Dark Match: Mokuami Maita vs Toshiki Shibanumo[/B] [COLOR=red][B]Result: Mokuami Maita defeated Toshiki Shibanumo in 6:13 by pinfall with [/B][B]an Assassination Attempt. [/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] _____________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (Filmed For T.V)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The show kicks off with a video package highlighting the six wrestlers that will be vying to make it into the Two-Tier World Championship Match at Night of the Burning Hammer[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]_______________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 1: 4 Corner Survival: [/B] [B]Chuichi Sanda vs Dynamite Narahashi vs Fire-Fox vs SUKI[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DynamiteNarahashi.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_WashichiInao.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SUKI.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] As is par for the course for these sort of match up’s the first few minutes trod water with each participant show-casing their talents in fairly low intensity bouts of grappling. However things picked up when Sanda , SUKI and Dynamite Narahashi were brawling on the outside, leading to Fire-Fox wiping everyone out with an Arabian Press. Fox and SUKI were the first two back in the ring. Fox tried to finish SUKI off with the Pyro-Driver but they youngster was able to block and countered with an Implant DDT before locking on the SUKI Special (Cross-Arm-Breaker). Narahashi broke up the pin and spun SUKI over into a Double- Knee Gutbuster into a Reverse STO. Narahashi was about to go for the cover but was grabbed from behind by Chuichi Sanda who dumped him with a German Suplex. Sanda then looked to make the cover but got taken down with a leg-sweep DDT from Fire-Fox. One…. Two…. SUKI made the save, SUKI tried to get Fox up for a Falcon-Arrow but Fox was able to block at the same time Dynamite Narahashi had got up. Fox took SUKI down with a leg-sweep DDT but at the same time Narahashi took Fox down with a Reverse STO. SUKI staggered back up to his feet first but was met by the Dynamite Crunch from Narahashi…. One….. Two….. Fire-Fox made the save with a Standing Moonsault, then goes for the cover on Narahashi. One….. Two….. SUKI pulls him off , but Sanda gets behind SUKI and dumps the young lion with a belly to belly suplex…… One….. Two….. Fire-Fox makes the save. Narahashi is back up but eats a super-kick from Sanda. Fire- Fox springs off the ropes but gets caught with the Explosion Kick…… One….. Two…. Chuichi Sanda is the winner. Considering the biggest name in this match up was Chuichi Sanda (who can hardly be considered a main eventer) the crowd were surprisingly really into this. To give the four workers credit though, they put in the hard-work to get the crowd into what could have just been a very run of the mill 4-corner survival, but they came with to it with the attitude, that if they put in a strong performance they might get the opportunity to work further up the card. Performances like this will certainly do them no harm. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Chuichi Sanda defeated Dynamite Narahashi, Fire Fox and SUKI in 9:38 when Chuichi Sanda defeated Fire Fox by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] ______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match # 2: Steve Flash & Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs[/B] [B]Mullet Power [/B][B](Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SteveFlash.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BulldozerBrandonSmith.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasuhikoTaira.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Pretty forgettable tag match, that started with the Gaijin faces starting out hot, but Mullet Power took control about half-way through finishing with Flash tapping out to the Masuno deep sleeper. Flash bumped well for some of Mullet Power’s Power moves but Smith looked like he was just there to make up the numbers this time around. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Mullet Power defeated Steve Flash and Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 5:54 when Yasunobu Masuno defeated Steve Flash [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]by submission. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C[/COLOR][/B] [B]______________________________________________________[/B] [I]We go backstage where Koshiro Ino has a microphone[/I] [I]- Ino says that tonight he faces a tough-test in the form of Shimedzu[/I] [I]- Ino then put over the fact that Shimedzu as a World Tag Team Champion should not be taken lightly, but he said that tonight that[/I] [I]wouldn’t help Shimedzu as he would feel the POWAAAAH !![/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]_________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #3 : Golden Scorpion vs Super Joshuya[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] As to be expected with a match that had no feud behind it, it started out with some low intensity chain wrestling, that perhaps went on a little too long, because when it comes to the Juniors the fans want to see them work at a faster pace and hitting high impact moves. Things finally picked up around the 3 minute mark when Super Joshuya took Golden Scorpion down with a spinning bull-dog. Joshuya then picked up Scorpion and took him over with a Pumphandle Suplex….. One… Two…. Scorpion kicked out. Joshuya then decided to go airborne and flew off the top turnbuckle with a shooting star press but Scorpion got the knees up. As both men got back up to their feet it was Scorpion who took control with a Leg-Lariat. Joshuya staggered back up to his feet but Scorpion took control again with a Front-Flip Neckbreaker. Scorpion then decided to take to the skies himself but he had not weakened Joshuya enough who soon followed him to the top rope and snapped off a hurrancanrana. However Scorpion managed to use the momentum to counter it into a modified sunset flip power-bomb ! One…. Two….. Joshuya kicked out. Both men got back up and Joshuya took control with a knee to the mid-section, he tries to set Scorpion up for the J-Drop but Scorpion fights off and counters with an Implant DDT. Joshuya staggers back up…..he gets nailed with the SCORPION STINGER !!! And that proved to be the decisive moment in the match. It took a little bit of time to get going, but they picked it up in the home-stretch and in the end this was fine as inconsequential filler. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Golden Scorpion defeated Super Joshuya in 7:53 by pinfall with a Scorpion Stinger. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B-[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]Match #4 : Kansuke Konda vs Tadakuni Toshusai[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG-TadakuniToshusaiPINK.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] These two know they will be facing each other as part of their respective tag teams at Night of the Burning Hammer, and they with their growing rivalry they certainly wasted no time in going all out against one another from the opening bell. Despite giving up around 85 Ibs to his opponent Konda fired away at Toshusai with his usual ball of fire intensity, but eventually Toshusai’s size and power came into play and he tossed Konda over the top-rope and crashing onto the guard-rail with a huge-back body-drop. Toshusai then followed Konda to the outside and simply fired away with chops to the chest of his Junior Sized opponent, before firing Konda into another guard-rail. Toshusai then rolled Konda back into the ring, and went for a some-what lackadaisical cover that Konda was able to kick out of. Toshusai then dragged Konda up off the canvas and knocked Konda down with a Mongolian Chop, he picked Konda up again and again dropped Konda with another Mongolian Chop. Konda got up of his own steam this time but was again taken down with a Mongolian Chop. Toshusai went for another cover but Konda again dug down deep to kick-out Toshusai then picked up Konda again and nailed him with a half-Nelson back-breaker. Again Toshusai went for the cover but as before Konda was able to kick out. Toshusai had been in total control since near enough the start of the match but Konda was digging down deep to stay in it. Toshusai could sense victory though and set Konda up for the back-breaker drop but then Konda used his agility to counter with a Tornado DDT. Both men laid on the canvas, but as the saying goes the bigger they are the harder they fall and Konda was the first back up to his feet, coming down on the laid out body of Toshusai with a double foot stomp and then continuing the offensive with a running senton….. One….. Two…. Toshusai got used his long legs to get a foot on the ropes, and Konda had to break up the pin. Toshusai got back up to his feet and sprang off the ropes to hit Konda with a clothesline but Konda was able to duck and caught Toshusai with an ACE-CRUSHER !! One…. Two…. Toshusai just got a shoulder up, but the momentum had definitely turned. Konda then went up top and steadied himself on the turnbuckle to fly off, but then Marihito Masuko made an un-wanted appearance and a simple shake of the ropes ended up with Konda crotching himself on the top turnbuckle. Toshusai got back up and then after a few blows to the head placed Konda up on his shoulders, before sending Konda crashing back down to the canvas with the Shock-Treatment (Back-breaker drop)…. One……. Two….. Three……. A pleasant surprise of a match-up, that I had no expectations for to be this good but these two have great chemistry together and they combined to put on a very entertaining big-man vs little man contest. Konda certainly furthered his reputation for rising to the challenge against considerably bigger opponents and this is the sort of performance that will secure Toshusai’s long term future with Burning Hammer. The heel turn and the change to the P.I.N.K gimmick , teaming up with Marihito Masuko has certainly been of great benefit to Toshusai, who at one point looked like a bit of a lost cause and probably on his way out next year. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Tadakuni Toshusai defeated Kansuke Konda in 10:25 [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [I]Tetsuzan Kaneko is backstage with Hiroaki Nakasawa, to get Nakasawa’s thoughts on his up coming match with Tom Gilmore.[/I] [I]- The basic gist of what Nakasawa said is that he will not be taking Gilmore lightly but added that he is determined to win back the world title and as he’ll be getting on that road tonight he won’t be derailed at the first hurdle.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B]_________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #5: Two Tier World Title Challenge Qualifier:[/B] [B]Kinnojo Horri vs Rhino Umaga[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Horri came close to winning the World Title on Monday, but here he gets an opportunity to be in the two tier World Title match, going up against the ‘Silver Dragon Feet Insurance Policy’ Rhino Umaga, after a tough match can Horri rise to the occasion or will Umaga take advantage. We start things off with some straight up no-nonsense brawling….Horri begins to get the better of the exchanges and Umaga drops to the outside. Horri waits for Umaga to get back in the ring but Umaga gets up on the apron and nails Horri with a headbutt, before pulling Horri down to the outside. Umaga goes to whip Horri into the guard-rail…..Horri blocks, Horri attempts to reverse the irish-whip but Umaga responds with an atomic drop and then rams Horri back-first into the barricade, Umaga rams Horri into the barricade again and Horri slumps to the floor. Umaga drags Horri back into the ring and continues to target the back with knee-drops….Umaga goes for a cover but Horri kicks out. Umaga continues to target Horri’s back and then takes Horri over with a German suplex…….. One…… Two……. Umaga drags Horri back up to his feet and dumps him straight back down to the canvas with a Belly to Belly Suplex. One….. Two….. Horri gets his shoulder up. Horri staggers back up to his feet but is met by a Running Knee !! One…. Two….. Umaga can’t believe it, he’s been on the offence for the whole match and he’ still be unable to put Horri away. Umaga drags Horri back up to his feet and then goes for a throat-spike but Horri blocks it and then nails Umaga with the BURNING LARIAT !!!! Horri is unable to follow up due to the consistent punishment he has taken in the match. They both stagger up to their feet….Horri lays in fore-arm smashes into Umaga……German suplex from Horri…… Horri does not go for the cover, knee strike to the head of the big Samoan….Horri digs into his reservoir of strength and gets the 300 Iber up onto his shoulders….then drives Umaga into the mat with a DESTINY BOMB !!! One…. Two…. Three ! Bit of a strange match, it was all Rhino Umaga….until the very end of the match. I know what they were going for here, in the fact that Horri had a tough match the night before and Umaga immediately spotted a weakness to take advantage of that, but they over-played it and in the end Umaga looks like a bit of chump by completely dominating the match but falling to Horri’s come-back rally. Horri’s Destiny Bomb on Umaga was an impressive way to win the match though. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Kinnojo Horri defeated Rhino Umaga in 12:57 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B-[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]____________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [I]The show then goes backstage where we see Hooded Kudo giving one of his pep-talks to one of his Silver-Dragon Feet charges, this time it’s Shimedzu ahead of his Two-Tier World Title Challenge Qualifer with Koshiro Ino.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #6: Two-Tier World Title Challenge Qualifier: [/B] [B]Koshiro Ino vs Shimedzu[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] In typical heel fashion Shimedzu jumps his opponent before he’s even entered the ring, they brawl on the ramp but Ino regains control with a back-body drop on the entrance ramp. They bring it into the ring where Ino is still in charge. Ino backs Shimedzu into a corner and fires away with lefts and rights, he then heads up a head of steam and flattens Shimedzu with a corner splash, causing the tag team champion to slump to the canvas. Ino goes for the cover but Shimedzu is quick to kick out. Ino sets up Shimedzu for a power-bomb but the Dragon-Feeter rakes the back and then gets in a poke to the eyes. With Ino temporarily blinded Shimedzu takes advantage by bringing down the POWAAAH and Paint man with a crucifix roll. Shimedzu goes for then pin, Ino powers his way back up and charges at Shimedzu but is sent into the ropes with a drop-toe hold. Shimedzu then goes to choke Ino with the ring-ropes , that gets a warning for referee Omura Umeki, Shimedzu lets go but goes right back to choking Ino with the ring-ropes….Umeki warns Shimedzu again. Shimedzu lets go and with Koshiro Ino still hung in the ropes, nails the big man with knee strike to the back. Ino slumps to the canvas and Shimedzu follows in with a pin attempt........ Ino gets his foot on the ropes, but Shimedzu drags the him back up and sends him into one of the turnbuckles…..Shimedzu then stomps away on Ino in the corner and then goes to follow in with the face-wash….however on the final running knee strike Ino catches Shimedzu’s leg and nails him with a modified Back-Snapper. Ino is too exhausted to make the cover straight away, he finally gets over to make the cover but Shimedzu is able to get the shoulder up. Ino picks Shimedzu up and takes him over head with a back-body drop. Shimedzu gets back up to his feet but gets dumped by a German suplex. One….. Two….. Shimedzu kicks out. Ino drags Shimedzu back up and lifts the Dragon-Feet member up into the air and sends him crashing back down to the canvas with a Gorilla Press-Slam. Ino goes for another cover…. One…. Two… Shimedzu again gets the shoulder up. Ino whips Shimedzu off the ropes and goes for a Leaping Lariat, but Shimedzu counters with a springboard roundhouse kick. Both men are down on the canvas after the collision….. They both get back up, Shimedzu chops Ino down with stiff-kicks then summons up the strength to nail drive Ino into the canvas with the SKULL DROP !!!….. One…. Two….. Thr….No !!! Ino got the shoulder up, Shimedzu is going his nut he can’t believe that he did not put Ino away right there and then. Shimedzu decides to go up top and takes to the skies with a Moonsault….Ino rolls out of the way but Shimedzu lands on his feet. Shimedzu goes for a roundhouse kick but Ino ducks and powers Shimedzu into the canvas with a Scoop Lift Power Slam…. One…. Two….. Shimedzu kicks out and then staggers back up to his feet…KOBRA’S BITE (High Knee) from Ino….. One…. Two…. Three. Ino advances to the Two Tier World Title match at Night of the Burning Hammer. Very good, well paced match. Apart from the lack of chemistry with Tom Gilmore, I’m in the camp that Koshiro Ino tends to put on better matches with smaller more agile opponents. That’s because he’s a power wrestler but is quick and agile enough to keep pace with the likes of someone like a Shimedzu. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Koshiro Ino defeated Shimedzu in 14:49 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [I]Hooded Kudo makes his way into the arena and heads straight towards the announce table and decides to join the announce team to commentate on the next match. One of the commentators (Mitsuhide Muro) gives Kudo the third degree as to why he ihas suddenly decided to make a visit to the announce table [/I] [I]After telling Muro to mind his manners, when in the prescence of a World Champion. Kudo simply answers that he is here to watch the next match from a front-row seat, and that he is here to scout who might be his final opponent at Night of the Burning Hammer.[/I] [B]Rating: B[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 7: Two-Tier World Title Challenge Qualifier: [/B] [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Tom Gilmore[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AngryGilmore.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] The match starts with Nakasawa and Gilmore just getting each other faces and eye-balling each other, then Gilmore pie-faces Nakasawa and it kicks off, as they go back and forth exchanging blows, neither man giving an inch...eventually Nakasawa's size and power advantage begins to come into play as he begins to take control of the exchange. He whips Gilmore into the ropes and takes him down with a Lariat, Nakasawa then goes for an early cover.... One....... Two..... Nakasawa then drags Gilmore back up to his feet before hitting a double knee back-breaker and then dumping Gilmore on the head with a German Suplex...... One...... Two..... Gilmore gets the shoulder up again, but Nakasawa can sense that's he's on the verge of a quick victory. Nakasawa then whips Gilmore off the ropes, he tries to go for the H-Bomb but Gilmore is able to duck and catches Nakasawa with an Enziguri, that staggers the former champion and Gilmore follows up with a Reverse STO that plants Nakasawa into the canvas. Gilmore goes for the cover but Nakasawa is quick to kick out. With Nakasawa still on his back Gilmore stomps away on Nakasawa before dropping an elbow to the chest, and going for another cover......Nakasawa again kicks out but Gilmore keeps up the pressure and drives his knees into Nakasawa's mid-section with a double knee Gutbuster. Nakasawa gets back up to his feet but gets Gilmore has him doubling over again with a well placed kick to the mid-section, before following in with a Double knee face-buster . Gilmore goes for another cover but again Nakasawa kicks out. Gilmore then grabs the legs and tries to get Nakasawa into the Stone-Hold (Sharpshooter) but Nakasawa uses his leg strength to kick Gilmore off and then with a sudden burst of energy taking Gilmore down with an explosive Lariat. Both of them just lay on the canvas as Omura Umeki starts the ten count...they both stagger back up to their feet at eight, and begin to slug it out once more. Gilmore tries to whip Nakasawa into one of the turnbuckles but Nakasawa reverses it. Gilmore hits the turnbuckle and then gets taken down with a Northern Lights Suplex. Bridging pin from Nakasawa.... One.... Two.... Gilmore kicks out just in time. Nakasawa uses a series of fore-arm smashes to stay in control before lifting Gilmore into the air and holding him in the vertical suplex positon. With the blood rushing to his head Gilmore was probably relieved more than anything when Nakasawa finally brought him crashing back down to the canvas after an impressive 40 seconds. One..... Two... Gilmore just got the shoulder up. Nakasawa then tried to set Gilmore up for the Nakasawa neck-breaker, but Gilmore managed to wriggle free and then shoved Nakasawa into the ropes before pulling off an impressive Exploder Suplex. Gilmore then slumped over Nakasawa to make the cover but the cover was weak...... Gilmore then struggled back up to his feet an decided to go airborne. Nakasawa though got back up and started to climb the turnbuckles himself....they then exchanged blows on the top turnbuckle. Nakasawa then brought both of them crashing off with a top-rope belly to back super-plex , but Gilmore managed to reverse the move in mid-air and drove Nakasawa's face into the canvas with a DDT variation. Both were laid out on the canvas but it was Gilmore who was first to make the cover, Nakasawa then tried to reverse the pin attempt but then Gilmore locked in the Elemental clutch....Gilmore had it locked on tight and Nakasawa was beginning to fade...... Umeki raised up Nakasawa's arm....it flops down Umeki raises the arm a second time, it flops down again..... Umeki raises the arm for a third time....... Nakasawa is stirrng and begins to rise to his feet using his strength to power out of the submission hold, he then backs himself into the ring-ropes and Gilmore is forced to break the hold.....Nakasawa fires off the ropes with a series of fore-arms staggering Gilmore he then plants Gilmore with a Uranage. Nakasawa then drops a knee into Gilmores mid-section and goes a cover..... Gilmore quickly kicks out . Nakasawa brings Gilmore back up to his feet and tries for a suplex but Gilmore is able to block it. Standing switch and Gilmore and he tries to suplex Nakasawa. Nakasawa fights off with elbows and then pulls the standing switch himself.....he then tosses Gilmore half way across the ring with a release German Suplex. Nakasawa then goes over for the cover...... One...... Two....... Gilmore kicks out....Nakasawa stalks Gilmore as he gets back up to his feet, but then Hooded Kudo leaves the announce table and knocks Nakasawa down from behind with the title belt, at the same time Rhino Umaga rushes into the ring and knocks Gilmore down with the Rhino Charge. With both Nakasawa and Gilmore layed out on the canvas...referee Omura Umeki calls for the bell and throws the match out. As Kudo and Umaga back up the ramp, both Nakasawa and Gilmore are livid....they can't believe that the match has been thrown out, even the commentary team are up in arms over the controversial finish and they begin to speculate what will now be done to decide the final spot for the Two-Tier World Title match. When you put Nakasawa in the ring together, magic will happen and it did hear and if you look over the controversial finish this was definately another match of the year candidate. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa drew with Tom Gilmore in 19:42 following [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]a double count out[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B] Nakasawa and Gilmore then both see Kudo and Umaga backing up the ramp and incensed at what just happened chase after the Silver Dragon Feet duo. The show then ends with Nakasawa and Gilmore brawling with Kudo and Umaga up the entrance ramp and into the back-stage area. [B]Rating: B-[/B] ________________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Overall: B+ :[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] Despite 3 A Rated matches this was only worth a B+ overall apparently. I'm not going to get too hung up over it, but it would be quite irritating if A***HOLES (as J Silver's USPW diary once put it...or was the Monkeypox's DAVE effort ?) is taking a few C rated promo segments into account and bringing the overall grade of the shows down. Horri-Umaga was a little bit of a let-down and the Flash- Mullet Power match up was expectedly mediocre but all in all this was pretty much on par with Mondays show. ___________________________________________________________________________ [B]T.V News:[/B] Ironclad drew a 16.24 rating on TV5Monde (- 0.42)

I've never been a diary person, but DEAR GOD this diary has me hooked. I read the whole thing a few days ago and have been keeping up ever since. I can't say enough good things about it, Optimus's retirement was awesome, I totally marked out for the Kudo v H-Bomb fued, I even found myself being "smarkish" and thinking Rhino's push is a bit forced.(I don't even mean that in a negative way when a diary is good enough to do that, that's amazing.) All in all GREAT job man.

Hello! As one of my all-time favorite dynasties, you are destined to fall victim to the [b]Monkeypox Constructive Criticism Covenant![/b] So... as I've said before, there's really not another dynasty as easy on the eyes as this one. And the way you make matches flow somehow manages to avoid the usual curse of repetitiveness. I don't understand how you can do such a good job of capturing something so visual in a narrative form. Part of it is your expansive knowledge of actual wrestling - you give the impression of someone who is seeing the match in their head as they write it. So here's the criticism - I only have one, and I have no idea what you should do about it, if anything: [b]I can't keep all them f***ers straight.[/b] Because you've got such a pure style, you don't bother with gimmicks much and you're only moderate on storylines. I really like your use of factions (P.I.N.K., Silver Happy Lucky Feet 90210, etc), and some of your guys instantly grabbed me as interesting guys, but I have trouble tracking what guys are doing from show to show, and that's only partially because I don't play as Japanese feds. It's a big roster, but I could use a little more recapping of how each worker is doing. You do some of this (you've had some excellent roster recaps that I found incredibly useful), but I'm small-minded enough that I continue to struggle to keep track of what each of your workers is doing from week to week. And that's only partially because you tend to update more often than I remember to log on, so I'm always scrambling. Again, I don't know what to tell you to do about this, since at least half of the problem is that I was born with a very small brain. I'm very large, otherwise. Hulking, even. Imposing. And sober. And no, I wasn't drunk when I made my last comment, though you did an excellent job of lampooning it. And while I would never recommend Peak for BHOTWG, what about Acid or Guide?

[B]O.O.C Responses[/B] Tyler Drew Wrote: [COLOR=red]I've never been a diary person, but DEAR GOD this diary has me hooked. I read the whole thing a few days ago and have been keeping up ever since. I can't say enough good things about it, Optimus's retirement was awesome, I totally marked out for the Kudo v H-Bomb fued, I even found myself being "smarkish" and thinking Rhino's push is a bit forced.(I don't even mean that in a negative way when a diary is good enough to do that, that's amazing.) All in all GREAT job man.[/COLOR] As ever it's always good to hear positive feedback, I do my best to keep people entertained and all in all I feel that despite this being a diary mostly based around the in-ring action itself. I have managed to make people care about the wrestlers and their feuds. That being said I don't hail myself as the greatest diary writer ever (and there's always room for improvement) and there are plenty of other great diaries out-there. Which brings me to..... [B][COLOR=red]Monkeypox Wrote:[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=red]Hello! As one of my all-time favorite dynasties, you are destined to fall victim to the [B]Monkeypox Constructive Criticism Covenant![/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]As the creative tour-de-force behind one of my all time favourite dynasties ([B]Mark Cuban Does DAVE !) [/B]It's an honour to fall 'victim' to the MCCC. [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]So... as I've said before, there's really not another dynasty as easy on the eyes as this one. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]The fact that it's easy on the eye, is that to be honest I'm Crap -capital C- Crap with anything to do with Graphics/Art...so apart from cutting and pasting in the cornellverse pics for matches...so I can't really complicate it with over-use of graphics if I tried. I did try to put in those quote boxes once but it didn't come out right, so I've stuck with what I know. [/COLOR] Plus Paragraphing....I was taught to paragraph from the time I was born. [COLOR=red]And the way you make matches flow somehow manages to avoid the usual curse of repetitiveness. I don't understand how you can do such a good job of capturing something so visual in a narrative form. Part of it is your expansive knowledge of actual wrestling - you give the impression of someone who is seeing the match in their head as they write it.[/COLOR] I'm fearful sometimes that perhaps I am being too 'move for move' and could perhaps refine the write-ups. There's probably some people who've read this once and thought...I can't stick with this, these match write-up's are too long. Then again I seem to be getting enough positive feedback here to carry on with what i'm doing, plus I feel it's actually become of the selling points of this diary. What helped with the write-ups is wriiting down each wrestlers move-set so I have something to refer to in what moves they would use in the match. I don't keep to that religiously but for the most part the moves you see someone use in the match write-ups are moves that are featured in the move-set of their roster profiles, and I suppose when writing the matches up I do kind of visualize them in my head. [FONT=Courier New]-Though I've dipped in and out of Gremlinator's BHOTWG 1975 diary and his match-up write-ups are just as good as mine (if not better) in terms of in depth match write-ups that immerse you in the match themselves - I really should take the effort sometime to read that from the start.[/FONT] [COLOR=red]So here's the criticism - I only have one, and I have no idea what you should do about it, if anything:[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]It's a big roster, but I could use a little more recapping of how each worker is doing. You do some of this (you've had some excellent roster recaps that I found incredibly useful), but I'm small-minded enough that I continue to struggle to keep track of what each of your workers is doing from week to week. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]To be honest it's a time thing, with the time it takes to write up the shows (despite the fact that I bang them out at a reasonably fast rate) I don't always have the time to do some other things such as regular updates on each member of the roster. I could have time but then again it's balancing trying to write-up the best diary as possible on here and having time to do other things outside of contributing to/reading other people's great works such as yours on here. [/COLOR] That being said- I could meet somewhere in a middle ground with this.Maybe roster re-caps after each tour is a little long to wait, so perhaps to keep people more regularly updated on each wrestlers progress I could do monthly updates after each PPV. [COLOR=red][B]Finally Oregano Jensen responded to this remark brought up by one of this diary's regular readers 'GDS King of the Predictors 'Chris Caulfield from around the beginning of the week:[/B][/COLOR]
Originally Posted by [B]chris caulfield[/B] [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=266388#post266388"][IMG]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL] [I]eventually WLW go bankrupt in almost all games.[/I]
[COLOR=red]Is this true? I've never seen them go bankrupt. In fact, in my experience they usually go national a few years in.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Going on everyone's elses response to Caulfield's blanket statement regarding this issue....then it seem's that this only happens in Caulfields games. At the end of the day though everyone's game is different, and WLW is very much one of those companies that could go either way. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Oregano Jensen;268778]Is this true? I've never seen them go bankrupt. In fact, in my experience they usually go national a few years in.[/QUOTE] They've always done well for me too, they have a great roster, don't really bleed money too bad at first, and have a working agreement with the main fed that would be signing away their workers. I don't see how they beyond the random freak scenerio can ever do too bad.

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][U]Purogods.com[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR=black]The build towards the biggest date on the Puroresu calendar - Night of the Burning Hammer continues apace, as BHOTWG visit Sapporo Sports Park in Hokkaido on Monday 15th October and return to Hiroshima Sports Park in Chugoku on Thursday 18th October.[/COLOR] Night of the Burning Hammer will be headlined by a double main event....a 30 minute Iron Man contest between Sensational Dragon and Elemental II for the Junior Title and the Burning World Championship will be defended in a Two Tier Challenge Match. Hooded Kudo sealed his place in that match by successfully defending the title against Kinnojo Horri on the first night of a double-header at Kanagawa Sports Field in Kanto. Horri sealed his sport on the second night defeating Kudo's stable-hand Rhino Umaga, whilst Koshiro Ino also saw off the challenge of another Silver Dragon Feet member in the form of Shimedzu but the match between former World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa and Tom Gilmore ended in controversial fashion as interference from Hooded Kudo and Rhino Umaga caused the match to be thrown out, leaving one spot in the main event still up for grabs. Burning Hammer's solution to the situation ? Both Nakasawa and Gilmore will get an opportunity to take the final spot once again but in a 4-way Eliminination match. Also in the match will be Rhino Umaga (there reasoning being that if he's in the match, then he cannot interfere)....and the fourth man in the match will be Miyamae. World Tag Team Champion Miyamae, has already seen his Rebellion partner Shimedzu come up short in his attempt to earn a World Title-Shot, now it's Miyamae's turn to see if he can earn the chance to become a double champion in Burning Hammer. Burning Hammer officials have said that there will also be a 'consolation' prize for reaching the final 2 and being the last elimination. The runner-up in the match will earn a shot a Mokuami Maita's Openweight Championship. The Openweight Championship can lead to a World Title shot if defended succesfully 10 times....Maita has completed 7 succesful defences so far, but whoever he faces at Night of the Burning Hammer it will probably be his toughest test yet. The Openweight Champion will warm up for his Title defence at Night of the Burning Hammer with a non title match against Golden Scorpion at the Hokkaido show. Also scheduled for Monday's show is Hooded Kudo in a non title match against the Canadian veteran Steve Flash, Koshiro Ino tests himself against UK Dragon, Kinnojo Horri takes on the heavyweight challenge of Nisso Yuasha, there will be Junior Division action with Super Joshuya taking on Fire-Fox . Rounding out the show there is what looks on paper to be a very intriguing 8 man elimination match..... Junior Champion Sensational Dragon teams up with new-comer SUKI (who has shown flashes of the sort of arrogant streak that Dragon himself is known for) and Tag Title hopefuls P.I.N.K. Not so long ago Sensational Dragon and Marihito Masuko were bitter rivals over the Junior Title, so it will be interesting to see how they get along when they team together for the first time ! Leading the team on the other side will be Sensational Dragon's chief rival and the man that will face him once again for the Junior Title at Night of the Burning Hammer Elemental II, joiining Elemental II will be fellow Tag Title hopefuls Size of the Fight and one of the rising stars of the Junior Division, the Elemental inspired Americana. Thursdays show in Chugoku will be headlined by Hooded Kudo teaming up with the 'Silver Dragon Feet Insurance Policy' Rhino Umaga taking on the 'dream-team ' of Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri. The match will serve as a sort of preview to the tag part of the World Title match at Night of the Burning Hammer ...though as we know at-least one of either (and possibly neither) Nakasawa or Rhino Umaga will not be part of that World Title match. Other confirmed matches for Thursdays show are Koshiro Ino taking on Miyamae , which if Miyamae qualifies for the Two Tier World Title match on Monday could be another preview to what could go down at Night of the Burning Hammer. There will be Junior Division action with Eagle Kawasawa taking on Golden Scorpion and a 4 corner survival featuring representatives of four of Burning Hammers finest tag teams. As Chuichi Sanda (Raging Bulls) faces off with Hyosuke Kokan (Size of the Fight) , Marihito Masuko (P.I.N.K) and Yasunobu Masuno (Mullet Power). Expect more matches to be announced after Monday's show in Hokkaido. Here are the confirmed matches for the up-coming 'lead in' shows to Night of the Burning Hammer.... [CENTER][U][B]Eye of the Dragon Tour- Night 14 (Sapporo Sports Park , Hokkaido )[/B][/U][/CENTER] [CENTER][I]Monday 15th October 2007[/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]'Final Chance' 4-Way Elimination[/B] [B]Two Tier World Championship Challenge/[/B] [B]Openweight Title #1 Contenders Match: [/B] Hiroaki Nakasawa vs [SIZE=1]"Representing Silver Dragon Feet "[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]World Tag Team Champion-[/SIZE] Miyamae vs [SIZE=1]"Representing Silver Dragon Feet"[/SIZE] Rhino Umaga vs Tom Gilmore[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]8 Man Elimination Tag:[/B] [SIZE=1]"Representing Silver Dragon Feet"[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Junior Champion-[/SIZE] Sensational Dragon & " P.I.N.K" (Marihito Masuko & Tadakuni Toshusai) & SUKI vs Elemental II & "Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) & Americana[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Non (World) Title)[/B] [CENTER][SIZE=1]"Representing Silver Dragon Feet "[/SIZE] Hooded Kudo vs Steve Flash [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Non (Openweight Title) [/B] Mokuami Maita vs Golden Scorpion[/CENTER] [CENTER]Koshiro Ino vs U.K Dragon[/CENTER] [CENTER]Kinnojo Horri vs Nisso Yuasha[/CENTER] [CENTER]Super Joshuya vs Fire-Fox _______________________________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [U][B]Eye of the Dragon Tour- Night 15 (Hiroshima Sports Park, (Chugoku)[/B][/U] [I]Thursday 18th October 2007[/I] [B]World Title Rivals Grudge Tag[/B] [SIZE=1]"Representing Silver Dragon Feet "[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]World Heavyweight Champion-[/SIZE] Hooded Kudo & Rhino Umaga vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri Koshiro Ino vs [SIZE=1]"Representing Silver Dragon Feet"[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]World Tag Team Champion-[/SIZE] Miyamae [B]'Tag Team Representatives 4 Corner Survival:[/B] [SIZE=1]"Representing Raging Bulls"[/SIZE] Chuichi Sanda vs [SIZE=1]"Representing Size of the Fight"[/SIZE] Hyosuke Kokan vs [SIZE=1]"Representing P.I.N.K "[/SIZE] Marihito Masuko [SIZE=1]vs[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]"Representing Mullet Power"[/SIZE] Yasunobu Masuno Eagle Kawasawa vs Golden Scorpion [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen][B][U]Eye of the Dragon Tour (Show 14)[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Monday 15th October 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Sapporo Sports Park , Hokkaido (Attendance:5'000) [/CENTER] [LEFT][B]Dark Match: Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) vs [/B] [B]Dynamite Narahashi & Kenko Takemitsu[/B] [/LEFT] [B][COLOR=red]Result: Raging Bulls defeated Dynamite Narahashi and Kenko Takemitsu in 5:37 when Eiji Hamacho defeated Kenko Takemitsu by pinfall with a Raging Impact. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] _______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (Filmed For TV)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A video plays hyping the 'Final Chance' World Title qualifer match between Hiroaki Nakasawa vs. Miyamae vs. Rhino Umaga vs. Tom Gilmore.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 1: 8 Man Elimination Tag:[/B] [B]Team Dragon: Sensational Dragon, SUKI & [/B] [B]P.I.N.K (Marihito Masuko & Tadakuni Toshusai)[/B] [B]vs[/B] [B]Team Elemental: Elemental II, Americana & [/B] [B]Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SUKI.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG-TadakuniToshusaiPINK.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The action was too fast and furious in this one to call a complete play by play on, so I'll put together the report on this one as to how the eliminaitons happened. It started out with the ususal feeling out processes for the first quarter of the match but soon broke-down and that's where we pick the action up..... Elimination 1: With most of the participants laid out on the floor, after one of those contrived ' We'll just wait here and let you hit your high-flying move on us spot's 'SUKI had Americana in a variation of SUKI Special Cross-Arm Breaker but Hyosuke Kokan broke it up with a cannonball, then tagged in Kansuke Konda who took SUKI down with a Tornado DDT. [B][COLOR=red]Team Dragon 3- Team Elemental 4 (7:29)[/COLOR][/B] Elimination 2: Tadakuni Toshusai had Elemental II up on his shoulders and Masuko was about to come off the ropes for the P.I.N.K Daze but Elemental II was able to reverse the move into a head-scissors take-down with the momentum sending Toshusai into the turnbuckle that crotched Masuko on the turnbuckle, Elemental II staggered up towards the turnbuckle then came off with a top rope Elemental Suplex. It looked like Dragon was about to break it up but Konda hit a tope con hilo that knocked both of them out of the ring and Elemental II was able to make the cover. [B][COLOR=red]Team Dragon 2- Team Elemental 4 (10:08)[/COLOR][/B] Elimination 3: Team Elemental with the significant numbers advantage had taken control of the match over the past five or so mintues and were working over the Junior Champion but Sensational Dragon hit a nice looking spot where he took both members of Size of the Fight down wiht a Enziguri/Tornado DDT combination. Dragon was able to get the tag into Toshusai, and the biggest man by far in the match cleaned house......finishing off with the Shock Treatment on Hyosuke Kokan. [B][COLOR=red]Team Dragon 2- Team Elemental 3 (14:17)[/COLOR][/B] Elimination 4: Kansuke Konda then tried to take Toshuai down with a Tornado DDT but got caught and was just like his partner was taken out with the Shock Treatment Back-Breaker Drop) [B][COLOR=red]Team Dragon 2- Team Elemental 2 (15:02)[/COLOR][/B] Elimination 5: In the space of less than a minute the match had been evened up, but Elemental II and Americana finally did get the big man off his feet. Americana nailed Toshusai with a spring-board back before tagging in Elemental II who further staggered Toshusai with a flying cross body....the two then chopped the big man down with a combination of kick and eventually Toshusai slumped to the canvas. Elemental II then went top but was cut off by Sensational Dragon... Americana then joined them. Dragon went to suplex Elemental II with a Dragon Suplex but Americana went to suplex Sensational Dragon with an Elemental suplex, all 3 men came crashing off the top-rope but Elemental II some-how landed on the prone body of Tadakuni Toshusai. Elemental II went for the cover but Toshusai kicked out ! Americana who was actually the least worse for wear from the top-rope bump then climbed the turnbuckle again and came off with an Inferno Splash, Elemental II then cut Dragon off from making the save, and Team Elemental had regained the advantage. [B][COLOR=red]Team Dragon: 1- Team Elemental 2 (18:04)[/COLOR][/B] Elimination 6: It seemed it was only a matter of time before Team Elemental would get this win in the bag and Sensational Dragon looked it trouble as Elemental II and Americana took turns softening up the Junior Champion with a series of kicks , but Dragon was able to duck one double-team kick to his chest and back, and both members of Team Elemental ended up kicing each other in the leg. Dragon saw an opening and took Americana down with a Dragon screw-leg-whip...... with Americana down he turned his attentions to Elemental II who he took down with a Dragon Suplex. Dragon made the cover but Americana was able to make the save....Americana then tried to take Dragon out with the Elemental Driver but it was countered into a Sensation Shock and with Elemental II still feeling the effects of the Dragon Suplex the match come down to the two team captains and heated rivals. [B][COLOR=red]Team Dragon 1- Team Elemental 1 (19:59)[/COLOR][/B] The Deciding Elimination: Elemental II got back up and tried to take Sensational Dragon down with an Elementa suplex but Dragon was able to counter with a standing switch, but then Elemental II was able to pull a standing switch himself. Elemental II then went to work with some-kicks but Dragon took him off his with a Dragon screw leg-whip and then went for a quick cover, but Elemental II kicked out and after a knee strike to the head of the Junior Champion picked Sensational Dragon up and set him up for the Earth-Breaker but Dragon grabbed hold of Elemental II's tights and then rolled him up in a small package.... One.... Two..... Dragon had kept hold of the small package tight enough and had won the match for his team. [B][COLOR=red]Team Dragon are the Winners (21:34)[/COLOR][/B] That was a fine opening contest, with the eliminations happening at a nicly balanced pace. They didn't come so thick and fast that the participants weren't able to tell a story in the ring, but not so slow that the match ended up dragging. The only complaint I would have is that Dragon's come-back efforts to reverse his teams deficit looked slightly too babyface when he's supposed to be a heel but he did go someway to putting over his heelness with the pull of the tights roll-up finish to win the match. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Sensational Dragon, Tadakuni Toshusai, Marihito Masuko and SUKI defeated Size of the Fight, Elemental II and Americana [/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=red]in 21:34.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] [I]Post match Team Elemental are looking visibly frustrated, wondering how they could let a 4-2 lead slip. Things then start getting a little more heated between Americana and Size of the Fight's Kansuke Konda...[/I] [I]Elemental II comes between them and advises them to settle the differences in the ring. Americana and Kansuke Konda then agree to meet each other in a match at the next show.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] ____________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match #2 : Non (Openweight) Title: [/B] [B]Mokuami Maita vs Golden Scorpion[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MokuamiMaita.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was an unfortunately sloppy match due to Maita and Scorpion having no chemistry what so-ever, a good example being a spot where Scorpion hit Maita with a spring-board drop-kick but it barely grazed Maita , due to poor positioning from the Openweight Champion. In the end the Openweight Champion got in a confidence boosting win ahead of his title defence at Night of the Burning Hammer by forcing Scorpion (as he has done to so many others during his title run) to tap out to the Ankle-Lock in just under seven minutes. It was a good thing in the end the match was kept reasonably short, because had it gone any longer the poor chemistry these two had with one another would have been exposed even further. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Mokuami Maita defeated Golden Scorpion in 6:56 [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]by submission.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C[/COLOR][/B] ______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match #3 : Kinnojo Horri vs Nisso Yuasha[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_NisshoYuasa.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] There was nothing pretty about this match, but it was worked at a hectic enough pace for the fans to be really into it and was kept short (well short) enough for Yuasha not to Burn out before the end of the match. The deciding moment came when Yuasha missed a corner splahs and ended up stumbling right into a Burning Lariat from the World Title hopeful. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Kinnojo Horri defeated Nissho Yuasa in 2:55 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B-[/COLOR][/B] [B]_________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #4 : Fire-Fox vs Super Joshuya[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_WashichiInao.jpg[/IMG][B] vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Disappontingly dull Junior match, with neither man bringing anywhere near their A-Game to this one...they spent too much time attempting to mat-wrestle with one another and not going to the sort of high-flying/high impact moves that they do best, until near the very end of the match. It's OK to build slow if they were given 15- 20 minutes, but given 7 minutes they needed to work at a faster pace right off the bat. The deciding moment came when Fire-Fox attempted to put Joshuya away with the Pyro-Driver but that was blocked with a kick to the head and reversed into the J-Drop (Pump-Handle Driver) from Super Joshuya. Joshuya put in an improved effort in his last match and Fire-Fox had been putting in some pretty good efforts in general of late. So it's a let-down to see them put together a pretty poor match like they did here. It's these sort of set-backs that will see them permantly stuck in the lower end of the roster. One has to wonder how Joshuya was ever Junior Champion back in 2005, as he's shown me little reason to push him back into the title scene during my tenure as head booker. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Super Joshuya defeated Fire Fox in 7:12 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C-[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]_______________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [I]Tetsuzan Kaneko is backstage with Hooded Kudo.[/I] [I]Kaneko asks Kudo about the chances of his two fellow Silver Dragon Feet Members in the final chance match to qualify for the World Title match at Night of the Burning Hammer and if Kudo has any favourites...[/I] [I]- Kudo says that he does not play favourites, he said that Dragon Feet have a game-plan and ultimately that game-plan will be to ensure that he keeps the title. He said that both Umaga and Miyamae under-stand that one must sacrifice for the other and ultimately make the sacrifice for the greater cause. [/I] [I]Kudo then leaves a perplexed looking Kaneko and heads his way out to the ring before his non title work out with Steve Flash.[/I] [B]Ratings: C for Interview, B for Kudo walking.[/B] ______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match #5 : Non (World) Title: [/B] [B]Hooded Kudo vs Steve Flash[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HoodedKudo.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SteveFlash.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] This was a tidy little match as one one would expect between two veterans of the sport. Kudo got taken by surprise from Flash at the start of the match, with the mullet haired Canadian dropping the World Champion with a drop-kick. Flash then climbed the top-rope and took Kudo down with a Missile drop-kick before going for a quick cover. Flash kept up the fast-pace offensive and whipped Kudo into the ropes landing a knee into Kudo's gut and setting the World Champion up for a Northern Lights Suplex, but Kudo was able to block and then countered with an STO. Kudo then followed up with a series of knee-drops to the side of Flash's head before going for a cover, but Flash countered the cover and almost scored an upset victory with a small-package, but after some elbows to the head , Flash found himself in the Kudo-Lock. Flash eventually found his way to the ropes to break up the submission manouvre, but was still feeling weak and Kudo tried to set him up for a Kudo Driver but Flash shoved him off and then whipped Kudo into the ropes and then attempted a Flash Bang but Kudo was able to duck and then whipped Flash into the ropes where on the rebound he levelled Flash with a Yakuza kick and then nailed a groggy Flash with the Kudo-Kutter to put the Canadian veteran away. Decent non title match, considering everyone knew Flash would job here....himself and Kudo did a fine job of putting together some smoke and mirrors that an upset could happen, this might of also been even better if given a little more time as they had to deal with a crowd that was sent half to sleep by the previous match and by the time they had been lifted by the action in this one it was all over and done with. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hooded Kudo defeated Steve Flash in 6:59 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B-[/COLOR][/B] [B]________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #6 : Koshiro Ino vs U.K Dragon[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_UKDragon.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Koshiro Ino has already qualified for the Two Tier World Title challenge at Night of the Burning Hammer and was getting a pre PPV work-out here agains the considerably smaller UK Dragon. But the masked U.K Junior heavyweight is one of those technically proficient workers that can put his game-plan to use against a worker of any size or style. It looked like this one was going to be over early as Ino used his considerable power advantage to throw U.K Dragon around like a rag of doll in the first minute of the match and almost but the Brit away with a Gorilla Press Slam. But Dragon was unable to withstand the early onslaught and when Ino went for the Kobra's Bite High Knee Dragon was unable to duck and then took Ino's legs out with a low-drop-kick that sent the POWAAAH and Paint wrestler toppling over. U.K Dragon then climbed to the middle rope and hit a leg-drop across the right leg of Ino, and Dragon continued to target the leg keeping the big man grounded. Ino then began to power up to his feet and whipped Dragon into the ropes only to sent rocking with a flying clothesline. Dragon then took Ino off his feet again with a Diving European Uppercut, before heading up top again and coming down on Ino with a Diving Headbutt. One.... Two... Ino kicked out, but Dragon was a back on Ino's right leg and got it locked in a figure four leg-lock. Ino tried to make it to the ropes but Dragon held firm and sat down on the submission manouere. Ino had to dig down deep to stay in the match and just as it looked like he might tap he began to use his size and power to turn the submission over....all of a sudden the pressure was on U.K Dragon who scrambled his way to the ropes to get the painful submission broken up. Both then laid on the canvas in pain and Omura Umeki almost counted for a double count-out before both staggered up to their feet. Dragon targetted a low drop-kick at Ino's weakened legs again but this time it seemed to have no effect as Ino shook it off, and then took Dragon over with a scoop Power-Slam. One..... Two.... Dragon got the shoulder up, Ino then whipped Dragon into the ropes. Ino went for leaping Lariat but Dragon was able to duck and caught Ino with a European Uppercut, but Ino rebounded off the ropes and caught Dragon with the Kobra's Bite (High Knee).... One.... Two.... This time Dragon was out cold and Ino had picked up what proved to be a very hard fought victory. U.K Dragon continues to be one of the best jobber to the stars on ther roster and deserves some kind of better push for his fine efforts but I've just got plans with other workers at the moment in terms of who I have plans to give title runs to, but he's certainly giving me food for thought by continuing to put in this calibre of performance. With the clash between Ino's and Dragon's styles this could have been a mess but they told a nice simple story with this match, with Dragon trying to target the legs of Ino, with Ino countering Dragon's precision wrestling with his never say die attitude and strong power advantage. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Koshiro Ino defeated UK Dragon in 11:52 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [B]________________________________________________________[/B] [I]This time Tetsuzan Kaneko is with Hiroaki Nakasawa and ask's the former World Champion his thoughts on the last chance qualifier.[/I] [I]- Nakasawa said that this really should have just been a re-match between himself and Tom Gilmore and with two Silver Dragon Feet members in the up-coming match it only plays into Hooded Kudo's advantage and questioned if the Burning Hammer office were getting weak with their 'tough stance' on Kudo and his chronies[/I] [I]- Nakasawa then said that he's not sure if he can even trust that Gilmore will be up front and honest during this match up. Saying that one week Gilmore seems to be pals with Kudo, the next week he seems to his enemy[/I] [I]- Nakasawa then said that he doesn't care, it can be one on one, two one one, three on one, or Trillion one One, against him but at the end of the day he'll be making it to the World Title match at Night of the Burning Hammer and that Kudo, Horri and Ino better be ready, because Nakasawa is coming to reclaim the World Title. [/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B]__________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #7: 'Final Chance' Two Tier World Title Challenge/[/B] [B]Openweight #1 Contenders Elimination Match:[/B] [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Miyamae vs Rhino Umaga vs Tom Gilmore[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AngryGilmore.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The match begins under Four Corner Survival rules with two men starting out in the ring and two waiting on the turnbuckles. Nakasawa starts off with Miyamae and the former World Champion dominates the early exchanges but then gets hit in the back from Rhino Umaga after Shimedzu reversed and Irish whip. The Dragon Feet Pair then take turns working over Nakasawa, going for quick covers on the former Champion. Umaga then attemts to take Nakasawa out with the Rhino Charge but Nakasawa was able to move out of the and Umaga ending up hitting the turnbuckle and staggered into a German Suplex from Nakasawa. Nakasawa then attempted to tag Gilmore into the match, but the SWF alumni stepped down off the apron, leaving Nakasawa still in trouble in the middle of the ring as Umaga managed to get the tag into Miyamae. Miyamae targetted Nakasawa with a series of kicks before planting the former champion with a Uranage, before tagging in Tom Gilmore and the three on one that Nakasawa feared would happenened seemed to be happening. Gilmore dropped a diving elbow onto Nakasawa and went for a quick pin, but Nakasawa was able to kick out of that. Gilmore then planted Nakasawa with a double knee face-buster before springing off the ropes into a Quebrada for another two count. Gilmore then downed the former champion with a reverse STO and headed over to the ropes for the Picture Perfect Moonsault but Nakasawa was able to roll out of the way. Gilmore landed on his feet but was met by an explosive Lariat from that almost took his head off... Gilmore then staggered back up to his feet but was dumped on his head with a German Suplex, before Nakasawa could pin him though to eliminate him from the match-up Gilmore managed to roll out of the ring and Nakasawa found himself bowled over from a missile drop kick from Miyamae. Miyamae then dragged the former champion over to the Rhino Umaga's corner, and the Samoan held the former champion in place for some kick and chop placed punishment from the Tag Team Champion, but when Miyamae came rushing in with a Yakuza Kick...Nakasawa managed to fight his way out of the corne and Miyamae ended up nailing Umaga with the kick...the Samoan dropped to the floor and Miyamae in shock turned right into an H-BOMB !!! One.... Two.... Three.....[B][COLOR=red]Miyamae was the first to eliminated at 13:26[/COLOR][/B] Nakasawa had no time to celebrate though as Gilmore was back in the ring and immediately planted the man who had held the title for most of 2007 with an STO, and then followed up with an Exploder Suplex..... One..... Two.... Nakasawa kicked out and then rolled out of the ring, but Rhino Umaga was there and began to brawl with Nakasawa on the outside whipping Nakasawa into one of the guard-rails, Nakasawa though shook it off and took it to the big Samoan with a series of fore-arm smashes, but Gilmore came flying off the top- turnbuckle with a flying cross-body that took both men down....only to be flapjacked onto one of the guard-rails by Nakasawa, as all three men staggered back up to their feet. Umaga and Nakasawa then staggered back into the ring and continued their brawling, as they whipped each other off the ropes Nakasawa missed a Lariat but got caught by an Inverted Atomic Drop and then taken down with a Swinging Side Slam. One... Two.... Nakasawa got up and was immediately dumped straight back down to the canvas with a scoop power-slam.... One..... Two..... Nakasawa again kicked out, this time Umaga whipped Nakasawa into one of the corners and set up for the Rhino Charge. Nakasawa staggered out of the corner, but just as Umaga hit the Rhino Charge...Nakasawa came back witha big fore-arm smash...resulting in mid-ring collasion that ended up with both men flat on their back. Gilmore then sneaked back into the ring and went for a quick cover on Nakasawa but the former champion was able to kick out, before wisely rolling out of the ring. Gilmore then turned his attentions to Umaga who had staggered back up to his feet. Gilmore dropped the 300 Ib Samoan with a drop-kick, before Umaga sprang back up to his feet only to get this face planted into the canvas with a reverse STO. Gilmore then pointed to the corner....the fans knew what was coming....PICTURE PERFECT MOONSAULT !! One.... Two.... Three.....[B][COLOR=red]Umaga was the next to be eliminated at 22:20[/COLOR][/B] and it was now down to the final two the winner would be in the World Title match, the 'runner up' would have to settle for an Openweight Title shot against Mokuami Maita. Gilmore took the fight to Nakasawa before the former World Champion could come back into the ring coming off the apron with a flying fore-arm and then whipping Nakasawa into the ring-steps. Gilmore then dragged Nakasawa into the ring and went for a quick cover but Nakasawa was able to kick out. Gilmore then dropped a series of knees into the chest of Nakasawa before attempting to lock on the Elemental clutch but Nakasawa fought Gilmore of and powered up to his feet, whipping Gilmore into the ropes and then going for a Lariat but Gilmore was able to duck out of the way and caught Nakasawa square on the chin with a super-kick. One.... Two..... Nakasawa got the shoulder up just in time. Gilmore then went up top but took too long and Nakasawa followed him up to the top-rope ..the two exchanged blows on the top turnbuckle.... just as it looked like Gilmore would shove Nakaasawa off the top turnbuckle Nakasawa caught Gilmore in an Inverted Face-lock and brought both of them crashing into the ring with a SUPER NAKASAWA NECK-BREAKER !!! One..... Two...... Thr.....Gilmore kicked out !! The fans can't believe it, everyone in the building thought Gilmore would have been done after that move. Nakasawa doesn't yet Gilmore's kicked out phase him though and he whips Gilmore into the ropes ....he goes for the H-Bomb Gilmore ducks and catches him with an Enziguri. Nakasawa staggers...he springs off the ropes and catches Gilmore with a LARIAT !!! One... Two.... [B][COLOR=red]Gilmore is out at 29:40......[/COLOR][/B] Nakasawa has over-come the odds and has won the final slot in the Two-Tier World Title challenge at Night of the Burning Hammer. Gilmore despite his valiant efforts has to settle for an Openweight Title shot. That was another fine main event. It took a little bit of time to get into a good flow and that is probably due to the elimination format, as it takes away that desperation element for everyone to try and survive in the match, though they did a good job early on of telling a story where it appeared that Nakasawa was at a three on one disadvantage but that angle seemed to disintegrate as soon as Miyamae was eliminated. The match definately picked up in the home straight though as the exchange between Nakasawa and Gilmore was awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing these two go at it one on one sometime down the road. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa defeated Miyamae, Tom Gilmore and [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rhino Umaga in 29:40. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Overall: A[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Another fine show, there was some disappointing filler in the middle of the show but the main event delivered again, backed up by a pleasantly surprising semi main event from Koshiro Ino and UK Dragon, whilst the Eight Man elimination Tag was an effective opener. Talking of the opener, SUKI was apparently used too much on the show........which considering he was the first elimination in the match after less than 8 minutes of action *, seems a bit ridiculous. [FONT=Courier New][B]O.O.C Note:[/B] The game doesn't seem to take into account that in elimination matches the people being eliminated early, aren't going to be out there for 20 minutes during a 20 minute match. Maybe I consider bringing this up in the suggestions part of this forum.[/FONT] ___________________________________________________________________________ [B]T.V News:[/B] Lords of the Ring drew a 15.21 Rating on Nippon T.V (-0.09) [I]Aaargh stop going down, what's wrong with these computer generated fans....I'm putting on great shows and the T.V Ratings are going in the wrong direction. Maybe I should promise them Nakasawa vs Kudo every week and then they'll keep rising, but seriously I'm putting together great cards, putting on great shows and T.V Ratings are going down ?!!!![/I] [I]Not disastrously down but it's becoming a bit of a concerning trend. Mind you Wrestling Industry is E right now, so that can't be helping.[/I]

You know, you're a good booker. That isn't an aspect of dynasty management that gets much press, but you're a good booker. You get good matches and everyone gets some airtime. You do a good job with a huge roster, and your ratings, even if they sag in the middle, usually bounce back high. And I think that's an upside of running a puro federation - you can book for quality. Anyhow, enjoyed the show. Love seeing Gilmore escape the shackles of SWF and do what we all knew he could.

[QUOTE=Monkeypox;269959]You know, you're a good booker. That isn't an aspect of dynasty management that gets much press, but you're a good booker. You get good matches and everyone gets some airtime. You do a good job with a huge roster, and your ratings, even if they sag in the middle, usually bounce back high. And I think that's an upside of running a puro federation - you can book for quality. Anyhow, enjoyed the show. Love seeing Gilmore escape the shackles of SWF and do what we all knew he could.[/QUOTE] I'm lucky that for the most part I have a reasonably good roster. I've got about 4 or 5 bonafide main eventers and a deep Upper Mid-Card/Mid-Card that can put on decent matches given the right opponents. I've also pretty much settled on a formula that seems to work....start off with either a multi-man match or a lesser match for one of the main-eventers (sometimes if I had a really strong card, I've kicked off with a properly strong match), put the lesser stuff in the middle of the card and then finish off with what I feel would be my best two matches. The only downside with my type of booking is that I'm struggling to make mega-stars with A/A* overness across the board (Nakasawa/Kudo apart) . So I'm lucky that the match ratings in Burning Hammer are based more on actual in-ring skill. Overness still counts towards the grade but it's not the be all and end all like in SWF. I've got some half decent ratings (in the B range) out of complete jobbers like Dynamite Narahashi (not counting matches with main eventers), in SWF his matches would struggle to make the D Range. I book very 'even' and try to make everyone from top to bottom look as strong/good as possible. I'm not into constantly booking Mega Over worker vs Non over worker just to boost up the Mega Over worker even more and then have the Mega Over-Worker No.2 face a bunch of jobbers himself. So in terms of booking to a 'gameplay' sense it's not perfect, but in my opinion trying to 'perfect' the game...would make for a pretty dull dynasty.

Archived