Burning Desire, Raising The Hammer (Cornellverse)

IMO establishing a formula for booking that you are comfortable with is a very good way of excelling in TEW. however you really need to cut out that "trying to push everybody" stuff. thats what openers and lower mid-carders are there for; to be jobbed to more important stars, and then occasionally given a win over an opponent beneath them. many times i have tried equal booking and giving everyone a chance to shine...only to fail and nobody really getting over. i think thats probably the best explaination why nobody apart from Nakasawa and Kudo are really getting over. if you want to raise someones popularity in a puro promotions wins and match ratings are the most important things. NEVER EVER job an upper mid-carder or main eventer to someone who isnt above or around their level but yes i am also greatly enjoying this diary. there are just certain concepts and neccesities for dynasty writing that you seem to pretty much have down to a tee

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to disagree with you there Noah because if you did that the lower talented guys would never get over and you would be stuck with the same main event for ages and it would get boring. If he didn't push everyone Americana would still be a jobber and rhino umaga would still be an opener and shimedzu and miyame would still be in the midcard tag team division instead of on the brink of main event titles. The only way your main event scene would change was if you signed some major stars which you wouldn't be able to do to much effect in Japan as PGHW has most of the over talent out of BHOTWG and all of them are loyal. And even if you managed to lure them away they would get old soon enough.

[B]In response to NOAH Fan 4-Life: [/B] [I]IMO establishing a formula for booking that you are comfortable with is a very good way of excelling in TEW. however you really need to cut out that "trying to push everybody" stuff. thats what openers and lower mid-carders are there for; to be jobbed to more important stars, and then occasionally given a win over an opponent beneath them.[/I] I'm well aware of that and I do still have a jobber level, a mid-card level and a main event level. But I tend to trade alot of wins and losses between workers at the same level. For instance I might have the heels win a tag match one week and the faces come back the next week but obviously what I end up with is workers maintaining their popularity levels but not really pushing on/sky-rocketing in popularity. Thing is I'll also often have teams that might be made up of a Main Eventer and a mid-carder, obviously that mid-carder gets an overness boost for that week but the opposing Main eventer takes a hit and the other Mid-carder takes a further set-back...so it all ends up being very swings and roundabouts booking but I'm willing to live with that. [I] many times i have tried equal booking and giving everyone a chance to shine...only to fail and nobody really getting over. i think thats probably the best explaination why nobody apart from Nakasawa and Kudo are really getting over.[/I] As I said I'm aware of that, but booking Mr Popular 1 vs Jobby McJobber for four weeks running and Mr Popular 2 vs Joberto Jobsworth for 4 weeks straight and then having them face off in a big PPV match, really doesn't inspire me. I'm probably exagerating a bit but in terms of getting a set of workers to A Levels of popularity this seems to be the best way to go. [I] if you want to raise someones popularity in a puro promotions wins and match ratings are the most important things. NEVER EVER job an upper mid-carder or main eventer to someone who isnt above or around their level[/I] As Caulfield said if I was never to put over someone from lower down the card to someone higher up the card, I'd have a pretty stagnant promotion, but I rarely do job a Main Event level worker to a mid-carder in singles matches, until I've built the mid-carder up to look like a legitimate threat. At the end of the day though as i'm putting over in my original post (in response to Monkeypox) I'm playing the game more from a 'what's best for the diary perpsective' rather than coming from the angle of trying to achieve 'perfect game-play'. [I]but yes i am also greatly enjoying this diary. there are just certain concepts and neccesities for dynasty writing that you seem to pretty much have down to a tee.[/I] All in all though good to see you're enjoying this diary :)

It took me a while but I am finally caught up on this amazing dynasty! I got to say the Optimus send off was truly amazing, especially the final match and post match segment, brilliantly booked. I am definitely looking forward to Night of the Burning Hammer. Keep up the great work!

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;270231]I have to disagree with you there Noah because if you did that the lower talented guys would never get over and you would be stuck with the same main event for ages and it would get boring. If he didn't push everyone Americana would still be a jobber and rhino umaga would still be an opener and shimedzu and miyame would still be in the midcard tag team division instead of on the brink of main event titles. The only way your main event scene would change was if you signed some major stars which you wouldn't be able to do to much effect in Japan as PGHW has most of the over talent out of BHOTWG and all of them are loyal. And even if you managed to lure them away they would get old soon enough.[/QUOTE] some people have no patience. what ive learnt booking Japanese promotions is you dont need to put lower level workers over more popular guys to get them over. case in point, my PGHW game. early on i identified Masaru Ugaki as a guy i thought would be a future world champion, so i put him in several tag team matches with better opponents so hed improve in the ring and gave him regular wins over guys like Washi Heat and Masayuki Shiga, guys who are at, just below or just above his level. however at the same time i found out he and Mito Miwa had great chemistry, so i kinda made Ugaki Miwa's personal jobber, putting him over every time he needed a decisive win. early on his popularity wasnt going up much but his skills were improving. eventually his match quality turned him into a mid-carder and he started beating other mid-carders like Kumasaka and Fukusawa and even Alexander Robinson and Lee Bennett. eventually he cracked the upper mid-card scene after at least 2 years but when he reached it a) he was an amazing worker (A in performance skills) and b) the fans accepted him as a star and he got over my point is it isnt absolutely neccesary to put low level guys over more established stars to get them over; guys can get over without costing others popularity; it just requires a bit of patience and dedication. i fully understand why it wouldnt neccesarily make fascinating dynasty stuff, but in a way its kinda flawed for an American/European trying to book and tell a story with a Japanese promotion, and quite a lot of stuff TigerKinney uses seems very inspired by American promotions. that being said, this dynasty is very interesting in its own way

Noah you say it took you over 2 years to get ugaki to main event Tigerkinney has already said he most likely won't even carry on this diary after 2 years of gameplay. Also you said you played as PGHW as their roster isn't much like BHOTWG's as they have a larger more talented main event. In PGHW's main event you have Miwa, Yoshimi and Shunji with Kawashima and Koiso in upper midcard and many more in BHOTWG's main event you have Kudo, Nakasawa, Horri and Ino (only on short term though) on Elemental and Sensational Dragon in the upper midcard so you had the roster to wait 2 years Tiger doesn't so he needs to build new stars quick needs his whole roster to improe and that's what he has done. Also if he waited 2 years for new stars the whole diary (if he does stop where he said hope he doesn't though) will be pretty much the same main evnt scene all the way through and it would put people off after a while.

[B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Purogods.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/U][/B] Two more matches have been added to Thursdays show at the Hiroshima Sports Park....we can confirm that Americana vs Kansuke Konda will take place, after a slight post match altercation between the two led after both were part of the losing side in Monday's 8 Man Elimination Tag match. Plus the new No.1 contender to the Openweight Title Tom Gilmore will take on one half of the World Tag Team Champions 'The Rebellion' in the form of Shimedzu. Both will be looking to win here to drive forward some momentum before their Title matches at Night of the Burning Hammer. The card for Night of the Burning Hammer is beginning to take place and these are the confirmed matches so far..... [B]Two Tier World Title Challenge:[/B] Hooded Kudo vs Koshiro Ino vs Kinnojo Horri vs Hiroaki Nakasawa * * Tag pairings to be decided [B]30 Minute Iron Man Match for the Burning Junior Title:[/B] Sensational Dragon vs Elemental II [B]Openweight Title:[/B] Mokuami Maita vs Tom Gilmore [B]Burning World Tag Team Titles:[/B] The Rebellion vs Winner of Size of the Fight vs P.I.N.K [B]Tag Titles Contenders Match:[/B] Size of the Fight vs P.I.N.K [B]Grudge Tag Match:[/B] Steve Flash & 'A partner of his choosing' vs Mullet Power [B]Openweight Contenders 4-Way:[/B] Eagle Kawasawa vs Chuichi Sanda vs Eiji Hamacho vs Fire-Fox [I]Expected to be announced after Thursday's show are The Rebellion's opponents in their warm up match before they put the titles on the line, Rhino Umaga's opponent at Night of the Burning Hammer and more than likely a few Junior matches to round out the card.[/I] ________________________________________________________________ [FONT=Courier New][B]O.O.C Note:[/B] I'm looking to get the next show up tomorrow and the preview for Night of the Burning Hammer not long after that. In response fot Caulfield terms of how long I'll keep this diary going, I said I would review it after 2 years of gameplay....I may well keep it going longer. I'm enjoying writing this now but if it ever feels like I'm just going through the motions with this, that is when I'll stop. [/FONT]

id completely forgotten about the time limit on the diary. i guess now we will never see Dynamite Narahashi vs Tadakuni Toshusai for the Burning World Championship then... having played with BHOTWG i can understand some of the frustrations when it comes to the development of young talent, but if you want to create new main eventers it doesnt happen overnight. fortunately you do have Yasuhiko Taira and Everest, who you can kinda use as jobbers to the stars, but even then you put them over lower wrestlers to keep them strong so that when they put someone over it actually means something.

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=green][U][B]Eye of the Dragon Tour (Show 15)[/B][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Thursday 16th October 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Hiroshima Sports Park , Chugoku (Attendance:2'000) [/CENTER] [B]Dark Matches:[/B] [B]Dark Match #1 : The Awesome Kiyaru vs Fire-Fox vs [/B] [B]Kenko Takemitsu[/B] [B][COLOR=red]Result: The Awesome Kiyaru defeated Fire Fox and Kenko Takemitsu in 6:46 when The Awesome Kiyaru defeated Kenko Takemitsu by pinfall with a Magic Cloud. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B-[/COLOR][/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] Good (very good for a dark match) Junior match that got the live crowd up for the main show.[/FONT] ___________________________________________________________ [B]Dark Match #2 : Mokuami Maita vs Dynamite Narahashi[/B] [B][COLOR=red]Result: Mokuami Maita defeated Dynamite Narahashi in 5:20 by pinfall with an Assassination Attempt. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]_________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (Filmed For T.V)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A video plays hyping the main event tag match between Hooded Kudo and Rhino vs. Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [B]_______________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #1 : Koshiro Ino vs Miyamae[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] These two are both have title matches coming up at Night of the Burning Hammer, so naturally both will want a confidence boosting win to gain some momentum. Naturally Hooded Kudo will also want fellow Dragon-Feeter Miyamae to soften up Koshiro Ino. Miyamae jump started the match early, attacking Ino before he could even reach the ring but the POWAAAAH and Paint star was able to reverse an irish whip into one of the guard-rails. Ino then rolled Miyamae back into the ring before climbing the turnbuckles and nailing Miyamae with a Double Axe-Handle. Ino then went for a quick cover but as expected in this stage of the match Miyamae wasn't sufficiently weakened. Ino then dragged Miyamae back up to his feet dragging the Tag champion from corner to corner. Ino then went for a Corner Splash but Miyamae was able to get out of the way and after a kick to the back sent Ino into the corner with an STO. The World Title hopeful then stumbled out of the corner and was dumped on his head with an Exploder Suplex....Miyamae then scrambled across to make the cover.... One.... Two.... Ino emphatically kicked out... and started to fire-up....Miyamae kicked away at Ino but Ino was feeling the POWAAAHHH !! and feeling impervious to pain (no selling everything in sight) and began to fire back at Miyamae. He then whipped Miyamae into the ropes and snapped off a Scoop Power-Slam.... One... Two..... Miyamae kicked out. Ino stayed on the offensive whipping Miyamae into one of the turbuckles and then taking the tag champion down with a clothesline...Miyamae got back up and was taking down with another clothesline. Miyamae again staggered back up to his feet but this time was met by a kick to the mid-section and then lifted high in the air and slammed into the canvas with a Gorilla Press Slam..... One..... Two...... Another kick out, but Ino could smell victory...Ino lifted Miyamae up for a power-bomb but then Miyamae rocked Ino with an Enziguiri before taking Ino down with the head-scissors and then transitioning it into the Arm-Bar. Ino managed to power his way to the ropes but was sent back down to the canvas after a rolling cutter. Miyamae then dropped knees across the weakened arms of Ino, before going back to the Arm-Bar. Ino was weakening Omura Umeki lifted Ino's arm once....it flopped down Ino's arm was lifted again.......it flops down for a second time The arm is lifted for a third time....... Ino is powering his way up to the feet, he begins to lift Miyamae in the air with one arm, great show of power from the World Title hopeful. Miyamae is sent into the canvas with a modified BACK SNAPPER !!! Miyamae's shoulders are pinned to the canvas.... One........ Two....... Koshiro Ino is the winner. A good match to open the show with, Ino dominated most of the match but it looked at one stage Miyamae would pull out the victory via submission but in the end Ino was able to make his power count. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Koshiro Ino defeated Miyamae in 13:26 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B+[/COLOR][/B] [B]________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #2 : Eagle Kawasawa vs Golden Scorpion[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EagleKawasawa.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] They start off with a slow feeling out process in this one, Scorpion then tries to get Kawasawa up for a brainbuster but got caught with an Enzguri. Kawasawa then sprung off the ropes and caught Scorpion with a Leg Lariat, that led to a pin attempt....Scorpion then tried to roll into a pin attempt of his own. Kawasawa then attempted to apply his Spread- Eagle Submission but Scorpion was able to make it to the ropes. Kawasawa then tried to suplex Scorpion but after a standing switch was dumped on his head with a Northern Lights Suplex..... One.... Two.... Kawasawa kicked out. Scorpion then headed up to the top-rope and came off with a Moonsault....Kawasawa moved out of the way but Scorpion was able to land on his feet only to be met with a spin-kick from Kawasawa. Kawasawa then lifted Scorpion up and drove him into the mat with a Falcon Arrow.... One.... Two.... Scorpion kicked out, Kawasawa then headed up top but Scorpion was getting back up to his feet, Kawasawa thought quickly and took Scorpion down with a Flying Neckbreaker and then followed up with a Slinghsot Suplex.... One.... Two.... Scorpion again kicked out....as Scorpion stumbled back up to his feet Kawasawa lined up for the Vision Quest, but Scorpion was able to block Kawasawa's Shining Wizard based finisher and countered with a snap suplex.....Scorpion then planted Kawasawa into the canvas with an Implant DDT and then went out onto the apron to Slinghshot himself back in with the Golden Shot ! One... Two.... Golden Scorpon is the winner. An OK match, nothing more...nothing less. You would think heading into Night of the Burning Hammer these two would be bringing their A-Game, but they didn't seem to step out of second gear until last third of the match. Golden Scorpion continues to be frustratingly inconsistent, just when it looks like he should get a decent push he comes out with this sort of uber-average performance that will see him stuck in the mid-card shuffle forever. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Golden Scorpion defeated Eagle Kawasawa in 9:31 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]___________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]Match #3 : Steve Flash vs Eiji Hamacho[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SteveFlash.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] They start out with some straight up brawling which plays right into Hamacho's hand, but the Raging Bull makes a mistake by whipping Flash into the ropes only to be met with a drop-kick. Flash then went for a quick cover but Hamacho was able to kick out . Hamacho then staggered back up to his feet and Flash went for a suplex but Hamacho was able to block...and then sent Flash into the canvas with a German Suplex.... One.... Two.... Flash was back up and Hamacho went for a spear but Flash was able to side step the attempt and as Hamacho hit one of the turbuckkes....Flash went for a quick roll-up. Hamacho was able to kick out of that but then Flash was able to get Hamacho's legs tied up and the mullet-haired Canadian was able to apply a Boston Crab...Hamacho reached the ropes but Flash stayed with the game-plan and applied another Boston Crab. Again Hamacho was able to reach out to the ropes. This time as Hamacho staggered back up to his feet Flash looked to set Hamacho up for the Flash-Bang but the Raging Bull responded with a roaring elbow tha stunned flash, Hamacho let out another roaring elbow that further staggered the Canadian . Flash was now reeling Hamacho followed up with a kick to the mid-section and then lifted Flash onto his shoulders... HAMACHO SLEDGE 2K !! One..... Two.... Hamacho is the winner. A tidy match but one that perhaps needed to go a bit longer to help tell a better story. It felt like it was starting to get going before it was finished rather abrubtly in under seven minutes. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Eiji Hamacho defeated Steve Flash in 6:40 by pinfall with a Hamacho Sledge 2K. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [I]Yasunobu Masuno is coming out for the 4 corner survival match and the Mullet Power man procedes to mock a dejected Steve Flash who is walking up the aisle after losing to Eiji Hamacho.[/I] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: E-[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]_______________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]Match #4 : 4 Corner Survival: [/B] [B]Chuichi Sanda vs Hyosuke Kokan vs [/B] [B]Marihito Masuko vs Yasunobu Masuno[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The match started with the usual tentative start with each participant tagging in and out of the match. Things began to pick up when Sanda nailed Masuno with the Explosion Kick but the big man was able to roll out of the ring. Marihito Masuko then entered the contest and took Sanda and himself throught the ropes and to the outside with a spinning head-scissors take-down and as all three men lay on the outside Hyosuke Kokan came crashing throught the ropes with a suicide dive. Kokan then rolled Masuko back into the ring and nailed Masuko with a leg-hook belly to back suplex for a two count. Kokan then went up top but was shoved off the turbuckle by Chuichi Sanda crashing and burning to the outside. Sanda then turned his attentions to Masuko but nearly got caught out with a small package.... Sanda then hit a knee-lift onto Masuko and snapped off an Exploder suplex.... One.... Two..... Masuno made the save and after a few clubbing blows had Sanda set up for the Avalanche Bomb but Kokan had got back up on the top-rope and nailed Masuno with a drop-kick . The Big man staggered but he did not go down.....Kokan then flew into Masuno with a flying elbow smash but got caught and was hoisted into the air and sent crashing down with a Spine-buster..... One..... Two.... Masuko and Sanda both made the save. The two then worked together to chop Masuno down with a series of kicks. Masuko then turned on Sanda, planting the Raging Bull down into the canvas with an STO, before heading up top and taking Yasunobu Masuno down with an Into The White (Springboard Bull Dog).... One.... Two.... Kokan broke up the pin with a senton, and then dumped Masuko with a Double Chicken-Wing Suplex.... One.... Two.... Sanda pulled Kokan off and then nailed the Size of the Fight man with an Explosion Kick, just as Sanda was about to make the cover though. Masuno was back up spun Sanda around and then delivered an Avalanche Bomb !! One.... Two.... Yasunobu Masuno is the winner ! As with most four corner survivals, it took a little bit of time to get going but once it hit it's stride this ended up being a fine showcase featuring representatives from Burning Hammers Tag Division. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Yasunobu Masuno defeated Marihito Masuko, Chuichi Sanda and Hyosuke Kokan in 11:48 when Yasunobu Masuno defeated Chuichi Sanda by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]______________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [I]Tetsuzan Kaneko is backstage with World Title hopefuls Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri[/I] [I]- They put over that tonight they will work as a team and that a win here could help build momentum towards Night of the Burning Hammer whilst also damaging the confidence of Hooded Kudo but at Night of the Burning Hammer, who-ever it comes down to it will be every man for themselves.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]__________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #5 : Americana vs Kansuke Konda[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] These two were both frustrated at being on the losing end of Monday's 8 Man Elimination Tag match and started to bicker with one another post match, so Elemental II used his veteran guidance and told them to settle any differences they had in the ring. They waste no time in going at it hard, these two don't hate each other in a Kudo-Nakasawa way but there's alot of pride on the line and they're letting it all hang out right from the start. Americana appeared to be gaining the advantage with a series of kicks but Konda fired right back with some fore-arms and then sent Americana over the ropes with a clothesline. Konda then went crashing through the ropes with one of his signature Tope con Hilo's bowling over Americana and sending both combatants into the crowd. They both got back up to their feet and onto firmer ground but it was Americana who was able to make the better recovery, planting Konda onto the floor with rolling cutter. Americana then sprung up onto the apron and took Konda down with a Quebrada. Americana then rolled into the ring and waited for Koetsu Shinozaki to count Konda out.....Konda made it into the ring around the fifteen count. Americana took Konda down with a roundhouse kick and went for a quick cover but Konda was easily able to kick out. Americana then dragged Konda up to his feet and set Konda up for an Elemental Driver but Konda blocked the attempt, replied with some stiff fore-arms then countered with a Sunset Flip Power-Bomb.... One..... Two..... Americana kicked out. Konda then ran the ropes and delivered a running senton to Americana and then followed up with another cover, but again Americana was able to kick out. Konda then dragged Americana back up to his feet, but Americana countered with a knee strike to the head of Konda and then drove Konda to the canvas with a Falcon Arrow.... One.... Two.... Konda kicked out.....Americana then set Konda up for a Elemental suplex but Konda fought out of American's hold by throwing his elbows, Americana let go and Konda whipped Americana into the ropes and caught the Elemental influenced Junior Division star with an Ace-Crusher.... One... Two..... Americana barely beat the three count. Konda then set Americana up for the Konda driver, but Americana blocked the attempt and then released a flurry of strikes before pulling off the ELEMENTAL DRIVER !!! One.... Two..... Konda kicked out !! Americana then went up top...Konda was starting to stir, but Americana came off with the INFERNO SPLASH !! and landed it just in time before Konda could move out of the way or pull out any kind of defensive reaction and after that the pinfall was just academic. A solid back and forth battle between two workers that whilst aren't go too guys yet, are solidfying themselves as reliable members of the mid-card. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Americana defeated Kansuke Konda in 12:29 by pinfall . [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [I]Backstage and we catch up with the Silver Dragon Feet Trio of Hooded Kudo, Rhino Umaga and Shimedzu[/I] [I]- Shimedzu said that he will show Tom Gilmore what it takes to be part of the most elite group in pro wrestling[/I] [I]- Hooded Kudo said that with his Insurance policy by his side, that he will make sure that Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri will be in no fit state to compete at Night of the Burning Hammer ![/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] _______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match #6 : Tom Gilmore vs Shimedzu[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AngryGilmore.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] Two very talented workers with similar styles and both really want a win here to gain some momentum going into Night of the Burning Hammer before they challenge for the Openweight and defend the Tag Titles respectively. They start out slow, locking up and countering each others attempts to pull off the first big move, with arm-drags and standing switches. Tom Gilmore is the first one to put together any real momentum taking Shimedzu down with a reverse STO and then following up with a Tilt-A-Whirl backbreaker, leading to the first pin attempt of the match. Gilmore then laid a series of strikes into Shimedzu before setting the Dragon-Feeter on the top rope. Gilmore looked to send Shimedzu crashing into the ring with the iconoclasm but Shimedzu shoved Gilmore off and then took the Gaijin star down with a missile drop-kick. Gilmore then got back up to his feet only to be nailed in the face with a Shining Wizard ..... One.... Two.... Gilmore kicked out, but Shimedzu stayed on the offensive backing Gilmore into one of the corners with his machine gun like series of kicks he calls the Rebel Streak. Shimedzu then put the battered body of Gilmore into the tree of woe position and delivered a hesitation drop-kick. Shimedzu then went for a quick cover but Gilmore got his feet on the ropes. Shimedzu then looked to finish the match off, but Gilmore was able to take Shimedzu down with a desperation STO. As both of them staggered back up to their feet Gilmore caught Shimedzu with an Enziguri and then took Shimedzu down with a Rolling Cutter and Gilmore then dropped to the mat but instead of going for a pin he applied the Elemental Clutch...Shimedzu was able to roll his body over though and almost had Gilmore's shoulders pinned to the mat for a three count. Both were back up to their feet and began to exchange strikes once again, Gilmore whipped Shimedzu into the ropes and set up for the Anger management but Shimedzu escaped Gilmores clutches and sent Gilmore reeling with a Roundhouse kick. Shimedzu then sent a staggered Gilmore over with a slinghshot suplex.... One.... Two..... Gilmore kicked out, Shimedzu stayed on the offensive and whipped Gilmore ino the ropes for a sling-shot back-breaker which he then transitioned into a Dragon Suplex.... One.... Two.... Gilmore kicked out !! Shimedzu could feel victory though, and set up for the Skull-Drop but Gilmore shoved him off into the ropes and then rolled Shimedzu up, Shimedzu countered with a roll-up of his own only for Gilmore to tie Shimedzu's legs up and apply pressure with the Stone Hold..... Just as it looked like Shimedzu might tap, the tag champion was able to reach the ropes but as he got up he got dumped on his head with an Exploder Suplex..... One.... Two.... Shimedzu kicked out but was looking pretty spent. Gilmore then lifted Shimedzu up onto his shoulders for a Death Valley-Driver but Shimedzu was able to slip off but Gilmore then countered any attempts Shimedzu had at a counter move by driving his knees into the mid-secton of Shimedzu with a double knee gut-buster. Then as a weakened Shimedzu layed on the canvas , Gilmore headed towards one of the corners, the fans knew what was coming next and Gilmore delivered.... THE PICTURE PERFECT MOONSAULT !!! One... Two..... Tom Gilmore wins this hard fought contest. There's one of two ways workers with such similar styles can go, they either be so similar you end up with a sticky stalemate of a match or thankfully in this case their styles gel together so well, you have that certain thing road agents like to call great chemistry and these two had it in bucket-loads. Somewhere down the road don't be surprised to see them hook it up in a much more high profile match than this one. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Tom Gilmore defeated Shimedzu in 15:57 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] ________________________________________________________________ [I]Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri are walking to the ring and it looks like they look very focused, as if they really mean to take care of business tonight.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #7: Hooded Kudo & Rhino Umaga vs[/B] [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HoodedKudo.jpg[/IMG] [B]& [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa.jpg[/IMG] & [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] Before the main event introductions are even finished the ring cannot contain the two teams and they end up brawling right from the start, eventually taking it into the crowd. Nakasawa is able to drop Rhino Umaga on to some chairs with a Belly to Back Suplex but Hooded Kudo reverse an Irish whip from Horri into one of the guard-rails. As order is restored it's the two bitter rivals in Kudo and Nakasawa that enter the ring. Kudo is feeling the slightly fresher and lays in a series of kicks into Nakasawa, but Naksawa springs back off the ropes and levels Kudo with a Lariat. Umaga is back in the ring though and takes Nakasawa down with a Rhino Charge. Umaga then goes for the cover...... One.... Two.... Horri makes the save and with Kudo and Nakasawa rolling out of the ring, the two heavyweight begin to tee off on one another. Horri tries for a German suplex but the big Samoan is too heavy to get over, and Umaga fights out of it and then delivers an Inverted Atomic Drop before dumping Horri to the canvas with a Swinging Side Slam. Umaga went for the cover but Horri easily kicked out, but Kudo was now recovered and Umaga tagged the Silver Dragon Feet leader into the match. Horri was now in trouble as Kudo and Umaga worked quick tags and pounded away at Horri with simple but effective offence, that led to several pin attempts, with Horri having to dispel more and more energy with each kick out. But Kudo's arrogance got the better of him, when he called out that he would finish things with the Kudo Driver, allowing Horri to counter with a back-body drop. Horri then tried to get the tag into Nakasawa but Kudo showed his veteran experience by knocking the former champion off the apron as he got up from the back-body drop. Kudo then tagged Umaga back into the mach and Horri was back to square one again. After taking more punishment including a face-wash it looked all over for Horri and when Kudo whipped Horri into the ropes to set up for the Kudo-Kutter that looked to be the case, but Horri managed to block the attempt and countered with a BURNING LARIAT !!! Horri who's energy was pretty much used up by now, just flopped on to Kudo to make the pin..... One.... Two.... Umaga pulled Horri off and then dumped the World Title hopeful on his head with a German Suplex, instead of going for the pin though Umaga set up for the Rhino Charge..... but somehow Horri had his wits about him to side-step the stampeding Samoan....Umaga hit the turnbuckle and Horri used the opportunity to finally get Hiroaki Nakasawa back into the match...... Nakasawa fired away on the big Samoan, with a series of fore-arm smashes before springing off the ropes and rocking Umaga with a lariat but the 300 Iber did not go down, Nakasawa came back with another lariat that had Umaga rocking before planting the 'Dragon Feet Insurance Policy' into the canvas with a Uranage and then dropping to the canvas himself to apply an STF hold. Umaga started to power out of that, so Nakasawa changed the game-plan dropping several knee shots into the small of Umaga's back and then re-applying the STF. Nakasawa kept the submission locked in and had not only neutralised the big Samoan but had Umaga in serious trouble. Umaga was fading first and Kudo of course felt the need to intervene making the save by nailing Nakasawa with a Shining Wizard and then dragging Umaga over to his corner to make the tag. Nakasawa had got back up but Kudo took the former champion down with a Flying Lariat, Kudo followed up with a Yakuza Kick and then a Dragon Suplex......... One..... Two...... Nakasawa kicked out....... Kudo was still in control though and softened up Nakasawa with is trademark knife-edged chops....Kudo then whipped Nakasawa out across the ring and then followed up with another Yazuza Kick. Nakasawa was wobbling and Kudo attempted the Kudo Kutter, but Nakasawa blocked it and shoved Kudo off.......Kudo aimed a kick to Nakasawa's mid section and once again attempted the Kudo Kutter, but like last time Nakasawa was able to block the attempt. Nakasawa then came back with a flurry of fore-arms smashes and was able to drop Kudo to the canvas with a Belly to Back Suplex.....Kudo sprang back up to his feet, but right into a boot into he mid-section and the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER !!! One.... Two.... Three. Nakasawa has pinned Hooded Kudo at the final show before Night of the Burning Hammer, is this a sign of things to come at the biggest show of the year ? The crowd went wild for this match, everyone brought their A-Game to this one, including Rhino Umaga, who whilst can't be trusted yet to carry the ball with a one on one main event match-up...has shown that he can hang with the big-guns in these regular show Tag match main events. There was some solid wrestling in this match but what it mostly did is help the build towards Night of the Burning Hammer. Nakasawa obviously looks a major threat to regain the World Title and though Horri spent alot of the match on the defensive his never say die attitude, showed that he will be hard to beat. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri defeated Hooded Kudo and Rhino Umaga in 17:55 when Hiroaki Nakasawa defeated Hooded Kudo by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B] [I]As Nakasawa and Horri are celebrating their victory. The Jumbotron comes on......[/I] [I]We see Burning Hammer owner Kaneie Komine sitting in his office...he[/I] [I]said that a decision has been made on what the tag pairings will be for the Two Tier World Title Challenge at Night of the Burning Hammer it .......[/I] [I]After a brief pause, he announces the match up as .....[/I] [I]Hooded Kudo & Koshiro Ino vs Kinnojo Horri & Hiroaki Nakasawa.[/I] [I]Naturally Nakasawa and Horri look quite pleased with that arrangement having succesfully teamed up to defeat Hooded Kudo in this warm up[/I] [I]match. Kudo who is just getting up to his feet looks less than pleased, the match will practically be a 3 on 1 as his 'partner' in that match former protege Koshiro Ino possibly despises him even more than Nakasawa.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [I]Kaneie Komine, then says that there is one more announcment to make but he will let this video do the talking......[/I] [I]The video shows silhouettes of a wrestler performing lots of suplexes and just generally looking like some dominant world beater against a variety of opponets. The silhouettes then gradually fade into fully formed colour pitches, to reveal this wresting machine as......[/I] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EisakuHoshino.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE=3]Eisaku Hoshino ![/SIZE][/B] [I]The video then ends with a declaration that Eisaku Hoshino makes his debut at Night of the Burning Hammer[/I] [B]Rating: B[/B] ______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Overall: A[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] Normally 'go home' shows end up being pretty mediocre, but this one felt special it really helped the build towards Night of the Burning Hammer and the crowd popped for the announcement of Hoshino making his debut at the PPV at the end of the show. _________________________________________________________________ [B]T.V News:[/B] Ironclad drew a 16.57 rating on TV5Monde (+ 0.23)

Great show. The Gilmore/Shimedzu match I can imagine being really good. I'm interested to see an eventual Flash/Masuno match seeing as they clashed on the way to and from the ring, if only for the fact that they are like twin brothers from different mothers. With that hair and beard, Masuno has to be modelling himself on Flash! :) Except his beard points down and Flash's points up. And it's a different colour. Whatever.

[B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Purogods.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000][B][COLOR=black]Night of the Burning Hammer- Preview[/COLOR][/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE] Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods return to PPV on Emperor Choice- Saturday 20th October with the biggest show on their calendar Night of the Burning Hammer. The four hour long mega PPV promises to be a feast of wrestling. [I]Here we will take a few preview of what will appear on the card...[/I] [CENTER][B][COLOR=#8b0000]Two Tier Challenge- [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#8b0000]World Heavyweight Championship:[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=darkgreen][B]Hooded Kudo & Koshiro Ino[/B][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=darkgreen]vs[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=darkgreen]Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [LEFT][COLOR=black]Hooded Kudo faces the toughest test of his reign so far, as he will defend the belt in the Two-Tier challlenge format that was debut at the Quest of Heart PPV in Junior Division action. The Two Tier challenge format sees two teams face each other in tag action, then the partners of the winning team face each other to decide the overall winner. [/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT]Hooded Kudo secured his place in the match when he made a succesful defence of the World Title against Kinnojo Horri. Horri himself and Koshiro Ino then qualified defeating Rhino Umag and Shimedzu in singles matches. [/LEFT] [LEFT]However a controversial draw between Hiroaki Nakasawa and Tom Gilmore following interference from the Silver Dragon Feet insurance policy Rhino Umaga led to an elimination match that also involved Miyamae for the right to earn the final place in the Two Tier challenge. Nakasawa won the match and despite his best efforts to keep his chief title rival out of the event , Hooded Kudo was now facing the situation that he would be defending the title in the two tier challenge minus any allies. [/LEFT] [LEFT]In the final show leading up to the PPV Nakasawawa and Horri defeated Hooded Kudo and Rhino Umaga in tag team action, which may well of influenced the decision that Kaneie Komine made to the pairings for Night of the Burning Hammer. Whilst Nakasawa & Horri should happily work together during the tag part but Hooded Kudo will be partnered with former protege Koshiro Ino, the very man he turned on to form the new version of his Silver Dragon Feet stable. [/LEFT] [LEFT]So Kudo is a man with no friends but the X-factor in all of this, is will Ino be prepared to work with Kudo, because if he doesn't then he will see his own World Title ambitions also disappear. This is one of the most intriguing World Title match-ups for years and Hooded Kudo's title reign is in serious danger of being cut short. [/LEFT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=darkred]30 Minute Iron Man Match [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]for the Burning Junior Championship[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=darkgreen]Sensational Dragon vs Elemental II[/COLOR][/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][COLOR=black]These two have been feuding for the Junior Title since Elemental II felt that Sensational Dragon was being being disrespectful to the veterans that helped pave the way for the likes of the current Junior Champion. The feud picked up steam when Elemental II defeated Sensatioinal Dragon in the finals of the Best of the Super Juniors Cup but so far he has been unable to wrestle the Junior Title away from the egotistical Silver Dragon Feet member.[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT]Now the feud reaches a head in a 30 minute Iron Man match to show who really is the best in the exciting Junior Division. [/LEFT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=darkred]Debut Match:[/COLOR] [/B] [B][COLOR=darkgreen]Eisaku Hoshino vs Rhino Umaga[/COLOR][/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][COLOR=black]In the final regular tour show on Thursday, it was announced at the end of the show that Puroresu legend and former multi-time World Champion Eisaku Hoshino would be making his long awaited Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods debut at Night of the Burning Hammer.[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT]The wrestler who has the honour of facing Hoshino is the man who has recently been dubbed the 'Silver Dragon Feet Insurance Policy' the 300 Ib Samoan Rhino Umaga. Can Hoshino get this Burning Hammer career off to a winning start or will he hit an immediate road-block. [/LEFT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=darkred]Openweight Championship:[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=green]Mokuami Maita vs Tom Gilmore[/COLOR][/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][COLOR=black]Mokuami Maita has been the Openweight Champion since June and has so far made seven succesful title defences, three more defences and he will be able to trade in being the holder of the mid-card title for a shot at the ultimate prize the Burning World Heavyweight Championship.[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT]Maita has defended the belt against a variety of opponents making them all tap out to his deadly Ankle-Lock finisher, but he has yet to defend the title against someone of the calibre of his latest challenger. Tom Gilmore a former Burning Junior champion (in his first tenure with the promotion) and a North American champion with SWF is generally recognised as one of the best all round talents in wrestling.[/LEFT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=darkred]World Tag Team Championship:[/COLOR] [/B] [B][COLOR=green]The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=green]Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) or [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=green]P.I.N.K (Marihito Masuko & Tadakuni Toshusai)[/COLOR][/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT]The Silver Dragon Feet duo of The Rebellion put the tag titles on the line, but wont know who their opponents are until a contenders match will take place between team they beat to begin their third title reign Size of the Fight and the emerging P.I.N.K team. [/LEFT] [LEFT]Size of the Fight made history back in May by being the first all Junior sized team to win the Burning World Tag Team Titles when the defeated The Raging Bulls, but their reign was cut very short when they lost the titles to The Rebellion, so far they have been unsuccesful to win back the titles and a new force has emerged on the tag scene in the form of P.I.N.K consisting of former Junior Champion Marihito Masuko and Tadakuni Toshusai. The duo who have the perfect combination of speed and power have also shown a sadistic streak that has often given them a certain edge since their formation. [/LEFT] [LEFT]Whilst Size of the Fight or P.I.N.K will be earning their title shot the hard way. The reigning tag champions The Rebellion wont be given a free-rest before they put the titles on the line, the tag champions will also see action earlier in the night in non-title action. Burning Hammer's friendship with Canadian promotion North of the Border Pro Wrestling has once again bore fruit, with the Canadian promotion sending over the duo of Joey Poison and Whippy The Clown to take on the World Tag Team champions. [/LEFT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=darkred]Grudge Tag:[/COLOR] [/B] [B][COLOR=green]Steve Flash & A Mystery Partner vs [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=green]Mullet Power (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)[/COLOR][/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][COLOR=black]The on-going issue between Steve Flash and Mullet Power began when the equally mulleted Flash turned down an offer to join Mullet Power. Masuno took offence to that and since then the long haired heavyweights have been a constant thorn in the side of the experienced Canadian. Flash has promised that he has called in someone that will help him put this issue to bed, but just who is the mystery partner that Flash is referring to ?[/COLOR][/LEFT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=darkred]4 Corner Survival Openweight Contenders Match:[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=darkgreen]Chuichi Sanda vs Eagle Kawasawa vs Eiji Hamacho vs Fire-Fox[/COLOR][/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT]The winner of this match will earn a shot at the Openweight Title during the first week following Night of the Burning Hammer. The most intriguing to thing note in the match is that both partners of former World Tag Team Champions The Raging Bulls will have an opportunity to earn a shot. Will the work together as team to help eliminate the competition or will pride and the opportunity to earn singles gold get in the way and perhaps drive a wedge between the veteran duo ?[/LEFT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=darkred]Old Guard vs New Blood[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]Junior Division Match-Ups:[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=green]The Awesome Kiyaru vs Americana[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#008000]Golden Scorpion vs U.K Dragon[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=green]Super Joshuya vs SUKI[/COLOR][/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT]Rounding out the show is a series of Junior Division match-ups that BHOTWG are advertising as being between the Old Guard and the New Blood. The Old Guard are those that have been with the promotion for a number of years, whilst the New Blood are those that have recently joined the promotion.[/LEFT] [LEFT]The highest profile of these matches see's former Junior champion The Awesome Kiyaru take on the emerging force of the Elemental influenced Americana. The Awesome Kiyaru will be looking to re-establish himself as a contender for the Junior Title, whilst Americana will be looking to further establush his growing reputation. [/LEFT] [LEFT]In the second of the match-ups Golden Scorpion takes on U.K Dragon. Scorpion is a long established member of the Junior Division but hasn't quite been able to make that break-through to be one of the top forces in the division. U.K Dragon is a veteran of both the Japanese and British wrestling scenes but has only recently been competing in BHOTWG. So far the British competitor has put together some impressive performances even if they have often been in losing efforts. [/LEFT] [LEFT]The final match up see's Super Joshuya take on SUKI. Super Joshuya might well be a former Junior champion but has so far endured something of a down year in 2007, having been on the losing side more often than not and SUKI is the sort of confident (some would say arrogant) youngster who will see this as a great opportunity to earn what would be the first singles win of his Burning Hammer career. So can SUKI earn that first victory or will the veteran put him in his place ? ______________________________________________________________[/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][B][U]Prediction Short Form:[/U][/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][B]Two Tier World Title Challenge *:[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Hooded Kudo & Koshiro Ino vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][I]* Highlight the overall winner at the end of both the Tag and Singles match-ups.[/I] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]30 Minute Iron Man for the Junior Title:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Sensational Dragon vs Elemental II [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Debut Match:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Eisaku Hoshino vs Rhino Umaga [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]World Tag Team Titles:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]The Rebellion vs Size of the Fight or P.I.N.K [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Openweight Title:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Mokuami Maita vs Tom Gilmore [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Tag Titles Contenders Match:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Size of the Fight vs P.I.N.K[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Tag Champions warm-up:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]The Rebellion vs 'From NOTBPW' Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][B]Grudge Tag:[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Steve Flash & A mystery partner * vs Mullet Power [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][I]* Bonus point if you can guess who Flash's partner will be[/I] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]4 Corner Survival for an Openweight Title shot: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Chuichi Sanda vs Eagle Kawasawa vs Eiji Hamacho vs Fire-Fox[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]'Old Guard vs New Blood' Junior Division match-ups:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]The Awesome Kiyaru vs Americana[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Golden Scorpion vs U.K Dragon[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Super Joshuya vs SUKI[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/LEFT]

Two Tier World Title Challenge *: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] & Koshiro Ino vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri * Highlight the overall winner at the end of both the Tag and Singles match-ups. 30 Minute Iron Man for the Junior Title: Sensational Dragon vs [B]Elemental II[/B] Debut Match: [B]Eisaku Hoshino[/B] vs Rhino Umaga World Tag Team Titles: The Rebellion vs Size of the Fight or [B]P.I.N.K[/B] Openweight Title: [B]Mokuami Maita[/B] vs Tom Gilmore Tag Titles Contenders Match: Size of the Fight vs [B]P.I.N.K[/B] Tag Champions warm-up: [B]The Rebellion[/B] vs 'From NOTBPW' Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown Grudge Tag: [B]Steve Flash & A mystery partner *[/B] vs Mullet Power * Bonus point if you can guess who Flash's partner will be 4 Corner Survival for an Openweight Title shot: Chuichi Sanda vs Eagle Kawasawa vs [B]Eiji Hamacho[/B] vs Fire-Fox 'Old Guard vs New Blood' Junior Division match-ups: The Awesome Kiyaru vs [B]Americana[/B] [B]Golden Scorpion[/B] vs U.K Dragon Super Joshuya vs [B]SUKI [/B]

Two Tier World Title Challenge *: [B]Hooded Kudo [/B]& Koshiro Ino vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri * Highlight the overall winner at the end of both the Tag and Singles match-ups. 30 Minute Iron Man for the Junior Title: Sensational Dragon vs [B]Elemental II [/B] Debut Match: [B]Eisaku Hoshino [/B]vs Rhino Umaga World Tag Team Titles: [B]The Rebellion [/B]vs Size of the Fight or P.I.N.K Openweight Title: Mokuami Maita vs [B]Tom Gilmore [/B] Tag Titles Contenders Match: Size of the Fight vs [B]P.I.N.K[/B] Tag Champions warm-up: [B]The Rebellion [/B]vs 'From NOTBPW' Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown Grudge Tag: Steve Flash & A mystery partner * vs [B]Mullet Power [/B] * Bonus point if you can guess who Flash's partner will be 4 Corner Survival for an Openweight Title shot: Chuichi Sanda vs Eagle Kawasawa vs [B]Eiji Hamacho [/B]vs Fire-Fox 'Old Guard vs New Blood' Junior Division match-ups: The Awesome Kiyaru vs [B]Americana[/B] [B]Golden Scorpion [/B]vs U.K Dragon [B]Super Joshuya [/B]vs SUKI

Two Tier World Title Challenge *: Hooded Kudo & [B]Koshiro Ino[/B] vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri * Highlight the overall winner at the end of both the Tag and Singles match-ups. 30 Minute Iron Man for the Junior Title: [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Elemental II Debut Match: [B]Eisaku Hoshino[/B] vs Rhino Umaga World Tag Team Titles: The Rebellion vs Size of the Fight or [B]P.I.N.K[/B] Openweight Title: Mokuami Maita vs [B]Tom Gilmore[/B] Tag Titles Contenders Match: Size of the Fight vs [B]P.I.N.K[/B] Tag Champions warm-up: [B]The Rebellion[/B] vs 'From NOTBPW' Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown Grudge Tag: Steve Flash & A mystery partner * vs [B]Mullet Power[/B] [I] Big Smack Scott![/I] * Bonus point if you can guess who Flash's partner will be 4 Corner Survival for an Openweight Title shot: Chuichi Sanda vs [B]Eagle Kawasawa[/B] vs Eiji Hamacho vs Fire-Fox 'Old Guard vs New Blood' Junior Division match-ups: The Awesome Kiyaru vs [B]Americana[/B] [B]Golden Scorpion[/B] vs U.K Dragon Super Joshuya vs [B]SUKI [/B]

Two Tier World Title Challenge *: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] & Koshiro Ino vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri I want to say Horri as I think he and Nakasawa would get a better rating then Ino and Kudo and it would be too soon to put it back on Nakasawa but Kudo only recently won it so he retains. 30 Minute Iron Man for the Junior Title: Sensational Dragon vs [B]Elemental II[/B] Think Dragon can move up to main title now as he's already putting on A* matches so Elemental takes over the junior division and Sensational moves on up. Debut Match: [B]Eisaku Hoshino[/B] vs Rhino Umaga Can't have him lose in his 1st match after you waited so long to get him but I do see an after match attack. World Tag Team Titles: The Rebellion vs Size of the Fight or [B]P.I.N.K [/B] Your pushing PINK and Shimedzu is supposedly in the top 3 most over heels so your moving him up? Openweight Title: Mokuami Maita vs[B] Tom Gilmore [/B] Gilmore will win get upto 7 defences then the world champ will notice and try to stop him but he will eventually get to 10 defences and that will be a main event of a future PPV. Tag Titles Contenders Match: Size of the Fight vs [B]P.I.N.K[/B] You are pushing PINK and not SoF at the moment. Tag Champions warm-up: [B]The Rebellion[/B] vs 'From NOTBPW' Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown Jobbers from NOTBPW aren't gonna beat your tag champs. Grudge Tag: Steve Flash & A mystery partner * vs [B]Mullet Power[/B] End the fued over the style of their hair. 4 Corner Survival for an Openweight Title shot: Chuichi Sanda vs Eagle Kawasawa vs [B]Eiji Hamacho [/B]vs Fire-Fox Like Hamacho's chances better at the moment 'Old Guard vs New Blood' Junior Division match-ups: The Awesome Kiyaru vs [B]Americana[/B] [B]Golden Scorpion[/B] vs U.K Dragon Super Joshuya vs [B]SUKI[/B]

[LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][B]Two Tier World Title Challenge *:[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Hooded Kudo & Koshiro Ino vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & [b]Kinnojo Horri[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] This match is a surprise right from the bat as the World Champ is eliminated in the first part, leading to Horro v. Nakasawa with Horri getting the shock upset. Sorry, but in my mind Kudo is just not as over of a champion as he should be and his reign will end up being a transitional one. [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][I]* Highlight the overall winner at the end of both the Tag and Singles match-ups.[/I] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]30 Minute Iron Man for the Junior Title:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]Sensational Dragon[/b] vs Elemental II [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Debut Match:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]Eisaku Hoshino[/b] vs Rhino Umaga [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]World Tag Team Titles:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]The Rebellion[/b] vs Size of the Fight or P.I.N.K [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Openweight Title:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]Mokuami Maita[/b] vs Tom Gilmore [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] While Maita's not the best champ, no one wants to see the title on a gaijin. [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Tag Titles Contenders Match:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Size of the Fight vs [b]P.I.N.K[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Tag Champions warm-up:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]The Rebellion[/b] vs 'From NOTBPW' Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][B]Grudge Tag:[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]Steve Flash & Sean McFly[/b] vs Mullet Power [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][I]* Bonus point if you can guess who Flash's partner will be[/I] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]4 Corner Survival for an Openweight Title shot: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Chuichi Sanda vs [b]Eagle Kawasawa[/b] vs Eiji Hamacho vs Fire-Fox[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]'Old Guard vs New Blood' Junior Division match-ups:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]The Awesome Kiyaru vs [b]Americana[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]Golden Scorpion[/b] vs U.K Dragon[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][b]Super Joshuya[/b] vs SUKI[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/LEFT][/QUOTE] SUKI is good but still too "young lion" to get the win.

[QUOTE]Kudo is just not as over of a champion[/QUOTE] Kud is either the most over or second most over (behind nakasawa) in the whole promotion so what are you talking about. [QUOTE]While Maita's not the best champ, no one wants to see the title on a gaijin.[/QUOTE] That Gaijin happens to be a main eventer plus if you think about it that statement seems a little racist don't it?

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;271805]Kud is either the most over or second most over (behind nakasawa) in the whole promotion so what are you talking about. That Gaijin happens to be a main eventer plus if you think about it that statement seems a little racist don't it?[/QUOTE] Sorry, Kudo just isn't working for me. And no, it's not racist. If you follow puro you've seen how well gaijin title runs go. I mean hey look at the Briscoes with all those title defen-o wait. ;)

Two Tier World Title Challenge *: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] & Koshiro Ino vs Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri * Highlight the overall winner at the end of both the Tag and Singles match-ups. Can't see the champ losing so early in his reign. 30 Minute Iron Man for the Junior Title: Sensational Dragon vs [B]Elemental II [/B] Dragon has had a great run - but all good things come to an end, and as someone else said - Dragon can then move up into the World Title picture, or have a series with Tom Gilmore for the Openweight belt (I wonder who I'm selecting to win that match then? :p ) Debut Match: [B]Eisaku Hoshino[/B] vs Rhino Umaga Debutants this popular just don't lose. World Tag Team Titles: [B]The Rebellion[/B] vs Size of the Fight or P.I.N.K I love me some Shimedzu and Miyamae Openweight Title: Mokuami Maita vs [B]Tom Gilmore [/B] Just class Tag Titles Contenders Match: Size of the Fight vs [B]P.I.N.K[/B] PINK are the present - Size of the Fight are sooo last tour... Tag Champions warm-up: [B]The Rebellion[/B] vs 'From NOTBPW' Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown Hardly rocket science this one Grudge Tag: [B]Steve Flash & A mystery partner [/B]* vs Mullet Power I'll go with [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] as the mystery partner, and will be looking to see Flash coming out with a new short haircut * Bonus point if you can guess who Flash's partner will be 4 Corner Survival for an Openweight Title shot: Chuichi Sanda vs [B]Eagle Kawasawa[/B] vs Eiji Hamacho vs Fire-Fox Random pick 'Old Guard vs New Blood' Junior Division match-ups: The Awesome Kiyaru vs [B]Americana[/B] - he's being pushed hard, Kiyaru isn't Golden Scorpion vs [B]U.K Dragon[/B] - Scorpion is disappointing, Dragon is producing the goods in general [B]Super Joshuya[/B] vs SUKI - gotta give one win to the Old Guard. Besides - I don't believe that SUKI is respected enough to get a clean singles win as yet.

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;271821]1. That's real world not C-Verse. 2. That's just one example 3. Gilmore ain't goin no where so he will have plenty of defences if he wins.[/QUOTE] 1) Well that's all we really have to go by. Even in C-Verse I think only one Gaijin has won the BHOTWG Title. I can't remember who but his flavor text makes a note of it. 2) Matt Sydal's Open The Brave Gate title run comes to mind as well. While Vader made waves he never won the big one. Stan Hansen is really the only successful Gaijin in puroresu, winning the AJPW Triple Crown 4 times, but he fought a strictly puro style where his insane lariats got him over and didn't jump back and fort between the US and Japan. The only place in Japan where Gaijin hold the titles for extended periods of time is Zero-1, but MCMG are rarely there to defend the "other" tag titles there anyway. Really this is a silly debate to begin with but let it be known I have every BHOTWG DVD so far and if Gilmore goes over Maita I'm boycotting this release.

at least 2 gaijin have had Burning World title reigns, Sam Keith and Dread, and im sure one of Dread's reigns was like 2 years or something and in terms of successful gaijin, let us not forget The Destroyer, with his 4 PWF title reigns just throwing in my two cents, but youre right EricAdams, this is rather silly

former gaijin champs in BHOTWG are Tom Gilmore (the guy in question for the openweight title) is a former junior champ, everest is a former tag champ, Bruce the giant is a former world champ and so is sam strong, sam keith and dread. so there goes your no one wants to see a gaijin champ theory out the window

Archived