WCW: 2007 (Great Backstory)

[CENTER][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="6"]Battle of the Billionaires[/SIZE][/FONT] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [/CENTER] [FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]The stage was set for [B][COLOR="Blue"]Wrestlemania 23[/COLOR][/B] and the "Battle of the Billionaires". After coming to the conclusion that both, Vince McMahon and Donald Trump would both select superstars to represent them in a match. Vince McMahon chose the unstoppable WWE Intercontinental Champion, Umaga. And The Donald chose the ECW Champion, Bobby Lashley. And the loser of the match would be forced to shave his head completely bald. On the [COLOR="Red"][B]March 19 edition of WWE Raw[/B][/COLOR], Vince McMahon made an appearance to raise the stakes between he and Trump. McMahon stated that two men of such wealth should also put something of value on the line, along with their hair. Vince says that his wife Linda has always loved being a guest at Trump's Fort Lauderdale Beach Club in Florida. McMahon says that there would be no better gift to his wife for their anniversary than the Beach Club. Vince says that he expects to hear from Trump soon. Vince says he will put up any one of his assets, because he is confident that Umaga will crush Lashley. The Donald struck back on the [COLOR="Red"][B]March 26 edition of Raw[/B][/COLOR], the final Raw before Mania. Donald said that being a man of risk like he is he will have no problem raising the stakes. Vince and The Donald meet face to face in the ring, later on in the broadcast. Donald tells Vince that he will put up his Beach Club against one of the WWE brands. Vince laughs and says that he will put up Raw, Smackdown, or even that craphole, ECW. Vince even says that Trump doesn't have to make his choice now, because he won't win. If by some fluke chance that Bobby Lashley is able to defeat Umaga, then Trump can make his choice next week on Raw. [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"][U]Wrestlemania 23[/U][/COLOR][/B] Bobby Lashly w/Donald Trump def. Umaga w/Vince McMahon [I]Tommorrow on Raw, McMahon gets his head shaved and The Don picks his brand[/I] --------------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] The following night on [B][COLOR="Red"]Raw[/COLOR][/B], the show opened up to a match between Kenny Dykstra and Ric Flair. An enraged Vince McMahon made his way to the ring and interrupted the match. McMahon then told Kenny and Flair to leave the ring immediately, and as a matter of fact, that they are FIRED!!! McMahon fires Flair and Dykstra on the spot. Vince then calls Donald down to the ring and Trump makes his way down. Vince demands to know which brand he is taking so they can get this over with. Trump smiles, before answering, "WCW" McMahon looks confused. Trump says he wants all the rights to WCW. McMahon stutters and accepts Donald's deal. McMahon in a low tone then asks about his hair. Vince says that he will give Trump anything to save his hair. Donald says he will need some help to restart WCW and a safe business partner. The crowd is going crazy by this time, chanting WCW. Vince then unwillingly accepts to help Trump restart WCW. Trump says that he doesnt want WCW to be part of the brand extension, that he wants WCW to be its own promotion like it once was and promises that he will not try and put McMahon out of business but help McMahon bring in money for the both of them. McMahon then smiles and shakes Donalds hand. The crowd is mixing in cheers and boos by this time. Trump then looks at Flair and Kenny. He says that WCW wouldn't be right without the Nature Boy and whoever this other kid in the ring is. So he tells them to be a Trump Tower in the moring. Kenny looks disgusted because Trump doesnt know his name. Kenny then attacks Flair from behind and Raw continues............................ [/SIZE][/FONT] [QUOTE] ProWrestling.com reveals that WWE has planned to bring back WCW as its own running promotion. Donald Trump was used to help bring the WCW talk in to play. The WWE creative team is planning to recreate the golden age of wrestling by bringing back all of the top promotions. With the only difference being that all companies, except TNA will be owned by Vince McMahon. Donald Trump is putting some finacial backing into WCW, but there is no word on how long Trump will be apart of the project. [/QUOTE]

WCW: The Beginning [QUOTE]Below is a detailed listing of events happening that involve WCW[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Verdana"][B][COLOR="Red"]April 9, 2007-Raw[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Vince McMahon[/B] and [B]Donald Trump[/B] open up Raw with big announcements involving WCW. Vince says that WCW must start off with a huge bang and that the only way to do that is set up a bigger than life event. Vince says that the WCW will make its long awaited return to pay per view on May 6th, as WCW Slamboree comes to you live from Madison Square Garden in NYC. For the first time ever, a WCW ppv will be held at MSG. McMahon then hands the microphone to Trump. Trump says that at Slamboree there will be an 8 man gold rush tournament to crown the newest WCW champion. Trump then opens his briefcase and reveals the newer WCW World Title. Vince McMahon tells the fans not to get the championship belt mixed up with the WWE World title because they are much different. [QUOTE]ProWrestling.com has reported that WWE officials are currently negotiating with NBC to host a weekly WCW broadcast. The Slamboree 2007 logo has been leaked along with plans to have a WCW website up by mid-April. ProWrestling.com will stay on top of any and all news concerning WCW.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]More WCW updates to come, on this same post[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]April 12, 2007 [/B]- WWE.com reports that [B]Harry Smith[/B], son of Davey Boy, has become the third superstar to sign with WCW. WWE.com has also reported than on Friday Night Smackdown this week. Former WWE Champ, [B]Batista[/B] will take on [B]Chris Beniot[/B], and the winner gets a spot in the WCW Gold Rush Tournament at Slamboree.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]April 18, 2007[/B] - Hours after ProWrestling.com earlier reported, WWE.com has now confirmed that former ECW stars, [B]Test[/B] & [B]Sylvester Terkay[/B] have signed WCW contracts and will both be in the Gold Rush tournament.[/QUOTE] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][COLOR="Blue"]April 20, 2007-Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Donald Trump[/B] does an interview before Smackdown airs. Trump says that he has chosen someone to lead his WCW product into its new coming. He tells the audience to watch Slamboree in two weeks to find out who will lead the new WCW....... [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"][U]Friday Night Smackdown[/U][/COLOR][/B] Chris Beniot def. Batista in the main event [I]Chris Beniot has earned a contract with WCW and a spot in the WCW Gold Rush Tournament.......[/I] --------------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [B][COLOR="Red"]April 23, 2007-Raw[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [I]Chris Jericho makes a huge suprise comeback and opens up Raw. The fans are shocked and excited to see Jericho back, but what for....[/I] [B]JERICHO[/B] then grabs and mic and speaks.... [I]"My hunger to wrestle again is stronger than ever......For a long time now Vince McMahon has tried to lure me back to the WWE. But you see, in the WWE I have done all that there is to do in the WWE. I was the first Undisputed Champion... I have held every other title in the company. But when Vince called me concerning a contract with WCW, that was the only thing that kept Jericho from signing with the promotion down south. So my new passion in life, is the become the next WCW World Champion!!!! So next Sunday at Slamboree I will be in the Gold Rush tournament, and WCW will become JERICHO!!!!!!!!"[/I] [/FONT]

ProWrestling.com's WCW Newsletter [I]Below is a column at ProWrestling.com[/I] [QUOTE][FONT="Verdana"] [I][B]ProWrestling.com[/B] has produced a newsletter to keep fans up to date on where the WWE creative team is heading with its new product, World Championship Wrestling.....[/I] It is obvious that the WWE was planning on bringing back WCW sometime shorty after the return of ECW. Plans were to bring back WCW as its own running promotion of course, owned by Vince. The financial situation of the idea was in question, until friend of McMahon, Donald Trump offered some financial backing. This of course was the reasoning for Trumps involvment on WWE programming. There is no definate word on who will be hired as WCW staff, or if any of the current WWE staff will make the crossover to WCW. Don't be suprised to see Eric Bischoff be a part of WCW's return. WCW is currently working with NBC in order to host a weekly WCW show. This move will not likely be a Monday night program, seeing as how it will interfere with Raw's ratings. Us here at PW.com are suspecting a Thursday or Saturday night program. It is still possible that Nitro may be the name. As far a pay per views are concerned, DirectTV has leaked a promo for WCW Bash at the Beach. Seeing as how Great American Bash is a Smackdown ppv, it's possible that Bash at the Beach may come in June. The only superstars that are currently being pushed on the WCW promotion are Chris Beniot, Test, Sylvester Terkay, Ric Flair, Kenny Dykstra, Chris Jericho, and son of Davey Boy, Harry Smith. WCW Slamboree 07 will take place in New York City at Madison Square Garden. It will be the first WCW event to take place at MSG. Jay Z and Linkin Park's "Numb Encore" is the theme for the event. And the Academy Award winning group, Three 6 Mafia will be performing live at the event. The 8 man, Gold Rush tournament will crown the newest WCW World Champion. Also, we do expect more matches to be added to the card over the next week or so. There have already been plans for the WCW website, we are assuming that WWE.com may break the news. Thats all for this week, check back for more WCW updates. [/FONT] [/QUOTE]

Slamboree Gold Rush Tournament Bracket revealed Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Verdana"][B][COLOR="Red"]April 30, 2007-Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]During Raw, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler revealed the WCW Gold Rush tournament bracket...[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [I]Slamboree comes to you live this Sunday!!!........[/I] [/FONT]

WCW Slamboree 2007 Card [FONT="Verdana"][B][SIZE="5"][CENTER]WCW SLAMBOREE 2007 FINAL CARD[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] WCW makes its return to the wrestling world this Sunday. WCW Slamboree makes history, as it will be the first WCW ppv to ever be held at Madison Square Garden in NYC. There will be a live performance by the Academy Award winning group, Three 6 Mafia and Linkin Park & Jay-Z will perform the theme to Slamboree, Numb Encore, live. [B]8 MAN GOLD RUSH TOURNAMENT[/B] Seven men have a spot in the tournament to crown a new WCW World Champion. Who will be revealed as the eighth and final participant. Here's a look at the updated bracket. Ric Flair Kenny Dykstra Chris Beniot Sylvester Terkay Chris Jericho Test Harry Smith ??? [B]20 MAN BATTLE ROYAL FOR WCW CONTRACT[/B] Vince McMahon and Donald Trump have invited 10 superstars from each of the WWE's training grounds, OVW and DSW, to participate in a battle royal. The winnner earns a WCW contract. The 20 participants are: [U][B]OVW[/B][/U] Johnny of the Spirit Squad Nicky of the Spirit Squad Mikey of the Spirit Squad Mitch of the Spirit Squad Idol Stevens KC James William House Steve Lewington Chet the Jet Paul Birchall [B][U]Deep South Wrestling[/U][/B] Ryan O'Reilly Cassidey Riley Brett Majors Brian Majors Hawaiin Lion Claudio Castagnoli Freakin Deacon Eric Perez Kenny Omega Sonny Siaki Plus, Donald Trump and Vince McMahon will reveal who they have chose to run the new WCW.....[I][B]All this and much more, this Sunday[/B][/I] [/QUOTE] [/FONT]

Archived