I hate the last patch....

Its a nightmare! Everything in it sounds good and I'm sure it probably is, but everything seems to have turned out to be a lot more unfair for the player. I feel lilke I'm being reversed almost constantly, barely able to get 1/3 of the time on offense EVEN ON LOW LEVEL MOVES! Finishers just don't finish them off any more! In my last match, I hit 4 submission finishers, all with a 90% success rate and couldn't get a win. Its happened in several other matches too. I've had 14 matches with the newest patch and won 6........ almost all of them I've hit at least 2 finishers with 90% success rates and haven't won..... me (or my team) gets hit with 1 finisher and thats it all over, even with using Wrestling Spirit. Its a bloody nightmare! I'm not generally one to complain, I'm happy that the AI is tougher to beat, but when you suddenly can't hit any moves or finish people off, it feels like a pointless task to keep going. Prior to the patch, I was able to comfortably beat most folks having built a solid career in Japan. Now, no matter where I am, I can't seem to win. Not once has my side kicked out of a finisher, not once have I been able to stay on the offense more than half the time, even using mostly low level moves. Not once have I felt there was any strategy any more. NIGHTMARE! It seems that the only way to win now is to try and hit as many high level moves as possible as quickly. As soon as they are in medium, no point EVER using low level moves again. Once in low, never use a medium move again, once in danger, never use a high level move. ITS A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE!! I hate complaining about it, specially since I did enjoy WreSpi before and I'm still playing TEW (I love the original data, it rules :) ) but as of now, WreSpi is completely unplayable for me. It drives me nuts every time the exact same thing happens to me. Fight, get reversed, shout loudly at comp, get a low level move, get reversed, get pummelled for 10 moves, reverse, get one move, get pummelled, repeat until I hit lots of finishers without winning, get hit with one, LOSE. ARGH!

The only thing that was changed in the last patch was the AI in regards to what moves the computer went for, so that it went for bigger moves more often. Reverals, success rate of pins, impact, etc, are all exactly as they were in the previous patch. I don't know if you just had an unlucky streak of something, but the changes you're complaining about never happened!

I, for one, find the new patch to be a dream come true! I'm still able to win the majority of my matches, but they are closer than ever and if I don't play smart, I could lose almost any of them. It does seem that the computer wrestlers are able to use their Fighting Spirit to kick out of pins more often, but that could just be my imagination. Anyway, the more kickouts = more finishers = higher ratings! I am enjoying the game more than ever and like how the new AI aggressiveness keeps me on my toes! :D

I was gonna say I actually started a new career recently and I haven't found the AI any harder to beat, the patch just makes it easier to get better match ratings since the AI uses bigger moves more often. My newest rookie is something like 24-8, though it likely helps he's a super heavyweight strong style.

Archived