"Emotional" Matches

Guest Weden

Guest Weden
What kind of matches have you really got into, and/or really enjoyed to play? I just finished a 52-minute Raul Hughes (me) & Kinnojo Horri vs. Kikkawa & Kudo Elimination Tag. Sure, I lost 2 Eliminations to nil, but it was still a damn enjoyable match. Any favourites?

My favorite has to have been when i got my first big title shot against Tadayuki Kikawa for the Burning world title.After 48 minutes i beat him with my finisher "Giagantinourmous Lariat!"

Not really a particular match, but I have a current career going as a young Shawn Michaels in the DOTT scenario. Even though I start off 1-2, I happen to gain +4 overness in the U.S., due to being so darned pretty (the chicks in the crowd love watching me get my butt kicked - heh). Not that bad of a start for working as low midcarder in some craphole promotion in Texas (Southwest). It all falls apart, though, when Joe Blanchard (owner) hires a newcomer to the American wrestling scene, Dave 'Fit' Finlay. As I am one of the low men on the totem pole, I get squared off with the British star in a 3 match series. 3 losses later, I am 1-5 and back where I started in overness. Finlay, though, is now 8 points higher than me in U.S. overness and is an overnight sensation. Cretin. I tell ya - lightweights have no place in hardcore promotions. :)

My favourite was a 60 Minute Time Limit match between Dan Stone Jr (me) and Eisaku Kunumasu (cpu). By the 50th minute, I had a destroyed arm and couldn't lift Eisaku up, and he had destroyed legs and was hobbling around barely able to walk. The final 10 minutes consisted entirely of me trying for leg submissions, with him using his FS to get out of three Ankle Locks, and him going for the arm submission, with me using FS to get out of three Kumumasu Vices. Ended up going 2-1 to me via the judges, but it was an epic battle.

Mine was an 8-man elimination tag match, all three of my partners had been eliminated but they'd only lost one. So it was, after about 40 mins, a 3 on 1 handicap match. This was near the start of my career as well, so I wasn't very good. Somehow, someway, I made all three tap to my "Cobra Deathlock" (Scorpion deathlock, but hey, I'm called "Cold Cobra" David Hogan, so why not?). It lasted 50 mins and it got me my first ever B.

My Created Character Vs. Tommy Cornell for the feud decider and TCW World Heavyweight Title, it went just under an hour and he kept kicking out of all of my finishers until I hit the "Highway 2 Hell" (its a lifting STO) and he had like no spirit left and I got the 3, I nearly marked out like a little girl (no offence to and little girls). So Undefeated (258-0) and TCW World & Hardcore titles can it get any better?

My most emotional match to this date has to be a tryout match for TCW. I had like 200 energy in the start, my opponent had over 800. The match was no disqualification, and went for somewhere between 80-90 minutes. Both men hit multiple finishers, and eventhough I didn't have much spirit at that point of my career, I managed to kick out of a couple of finishers too. I got the victory with a sudden small package. It truly was a fight, it was pretty close to a medical dq.

Archived