Best Contracts Landed

So, what's the best contract(s) that you've ever landed? Original data, DOTT, real world, whatever you play. At only 60 overness in the US, I got a $4800 a month written contract from the WWF in DOTT 3.2, after leaving a $960 a month written contract from MACW. Not sure what the verbal contracts were for. KennyWan Chizoate

I wish I could remember the exact amounts but my sweetest contract deal was in Japan. I tried out for Burning Hammer and was offered an enhancement talent contract for I think $4000 a month or so. So I turned it down and another contract offer from Pride Glory around the same time to go work more in GCG and WLW. Nothing of note in GCG but in WLW I enter into a feud with Sensational Dragon the World Champ at the time. I win the World Title from him once, lose it, win it back 2 weeks later, then drop it again just in time to try out with Burning Hammer. Now I get offered a midcard position with a contract worth well over $10,000. Even better my first month in I debut as a heel I go and pick up Mr. Miwa as a manager and thanks to my feud with Dragon in WLW we had become friends so he agrees to tag team with me despite being higher on the card, while I start a feud with one of my fellow midcarders who is also a tag champ. Amazingly given the erratic tag team booking of the game we had one tag team match together and then two weeks later are booked against the champs. So in my first 4 weeks in Burning Hammer I picked up the World Tag Team Titles and the victory bumped me into Upper Midcard status.

One of my favourite contracts has to be my 865 PPA contract with 21CW. They're still only regional, so its pretty good. Specially since I'm only 42 over in the UK. Also my 2719 PPA with PGHW (they just moved up to Global) that will be huge the next time I renegotiate. I'm up to 85 over in Japan at the moment. My GCG PPA contract is 1082 which I'm pretty happy about. Loadsa cash :) I used to have another 1000+ PPA deal with WLW, but I kept losing overness when I worked there (unless I won a match at least at B rating), so I quit. My worst deal is with DAVE..... 160 PPA...... but at least I'm getting more and more over with them even if I'm not making so much cash. Thanks to my success in Japan, my US overness got high enough to get a job with them. TCW and SWF only offered me 1600 a month for 18 months..... I almost cried. Derek B

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=jksander]Damn, $396,000 a year, not bad![/QUOTE] Yep. I've made it, I'm a superstar. I own loads of bars and hotels etc. and live in a big mansion on my own private island where beautiful, half-naked women fan me with those big leaves and feed me grapes. :D

I got over into the 30's working for the independents when I approached SWF. They gave me a contract for $1,600 per month and eventually, I made my way up the card to the main event. Well that contract was about to expire and they arranged a meeting to talk about an extension. That's when this came up: [IMG]http://home.ripway.com/2004-9/168726/swfcontract.JPG[/IMG]

Guest Weden
$51,912! I'm Mean Jean Cattley, and I've just entered 2008. I've got 89-90 overness (it fluctuates) and I'm on my 5th run with the North American Title thanks to a back-and-forth series with Angry Gilmore. And this offer is from the get-go, BEFORE asking for anything more! Edit: Screenshot! [URL=http://img62.echo.cx/my.php?image=massiveoffer1qy.jpg][IMG]http://img62.echo.cx/img62/6500/massiveoffer1qy.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Guest Weden
I managed to bump it up to 62K before he gave up and said "No". Oh well, I'm sure TCW will be willing to pay a bit :D

• 4 weeks later...
My Rookie to Legend character, "Blue Inferno" Steve Grant (who's got overness 41 in the U.S.) just signed an 18-month, $1,500/month contract with TCW in January '07. That was the shortest length they were willing to go, but hey, it's a lot more than I was making in the independents, even working for six, seven promotions at once. My highest-paying contracts in the independents: [i]American Promotions[/i] (Overness 41) CZCW: $324/app. as an Upper Midcarder. USPW: $80/app. as an Opener. I also worked for NYCW for a time, even having my debut match there against Sammy the Shark. But they released me after I was unable to make any shows for three months due to other commitments. No big, they were holding me back. [i]UK Promotions[/i] (Overness 28) 21CW: $271/app. as a Main Eventer. Unfortunately I'm destined to leave 21CW as their heavyweight champion, because their next show isn't for three weeks and I've only got 12 days before I join TCW. Grant's got more friends in 21CW than in any other promotion. But the memory of beating that jerk Johnny Highspot for the title will always be with me. HA! ROF: $131/app. as a Main Eventer. The ROF Title was the first belt I held. I defeated UK Dragon for it in November of '05 and lost it a little more than a year later to Geordie Jimmy. They were also very good to me. [i]European Promotions[/i] (Overness 15) UCR: $89/app. as a Lower Midcarder. [i]Canadian Promotions[/i] (Overness 14) 4C: $89/app. as a Lower Midcarder. [i]Mexican Promotions[/i] (Overness 9) OLLIE: $40/app. as an Opener. SOTBPW: $50/app. as an Opener. I also have one overness point in Japan owing to a WLW tryout steel cage match in which I got my butt handed to me by Ketsueki Karasu. Ironically, I was actually offered an Enhancement Talent contract as a result of that travesty of a match, but for some reason not readily apparent to me now, I turned them down. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Bah.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I pretty much squash any of the contracts here in WWA a promotion I created and put pretty much all the most talented workers such as Kikkawa, Strong, Cornell, Chord, Kudo, Elemental, DeColts, Stones etc... after my first 1 year 6 month contract was up of about 35 G's/month I got a new offer of 60 G's/month... not being satisfied I asked for more money and got that bumped up to... [U]$72,495/MONTH[/U]

Archived