Englishman/American/Aussie

lovestruck420

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In some cases, language changes even within one country. In my part of the USA (Wyoming) one usualy hears Pepsi, Mt. Dew, ETC refered to as "pop". In other parts of the country they refer to it as "soda" and if I remember correctly from the article I read this in, in the south they refer to all soft drinks as "coke" no matter what brand. Oh, and never mind me, I just took a lot of pain pills and am not quite sure what I'm typing.

[QUOTE=jagilki;211639]In some cases, language changes even within one country. In my part of the USA (Wyoming) one usualy hears Pepsi, Mt. Dew, ETC refered to as "pop". In other parts of the country they refer to it as "soda" and if I remember correctly from the article I read this in, in the south they refer to all soft drinks as "coke" no matter what brand. Oh, and never mind me, I just took a lot of pain pills and am not quite sure what I'm typing.[/QUOTE] Yeah I used to live in Texas, My first day there a friend offered me a coke, and handed me a SPrite. I was like WTF?????

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Undertaker666;211648]That's because we don't like to play an easier version of Rugby whilst wearing lots of padding. :D[/QUOTE] And we (The Australians) kill all at it

Hmmm... and in enters the Kiwi. I coulda sworn we belted the shiznit out of the combined might of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland as the British and Irish Lions and then belted Wales, Scotland and England last year unbeaten for a grand slam :)

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=tristram;211660]Hmmm... and in enters the Kiwi. I coulda sworn we belted the shiznit out of the combined might of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland as the British and Irish Lions and then belted Wales, Scotland and England last year unbeaten for a grand slam :)[/QUOTE] We could swear that can't we. Lets not forget about the Ashes rapege.

Archived