A Little Test - Wrestling Related

Phil Parent

It's simple. I've got a project. I can't tell you much about it. We'll play a little game here. Think of it as a logic test. Here's a list. Do you recognize any of these folks to be real wrestlers that have wrestled at any time? Can you see a real wrestler hidden behind these names? The name of the city above each list may serve as a hint. Not saying you should or shouldn't, just asking if you do see anything. 06P #1 (CALGARY) Big Eugene Trotsky Heart Of Canada I Heart Of Canada II Jerusalem Nazarean John The Lion Laughing Tosser Salesman XVI Temper Time Bomb Union Jack Berry Union Jack Simmons 06P #2 (MONTREAL) Alpine Man Elite Athlete Familial Legend Familial Police Familial Boxer Polish Sky Diver Strong Italian The Father Saint Yugoslavia Man 06P #3 (NEW YORK) Amateur Rob Bud Stevens Hawaiian Thunder Power Of Paint Rocking Lover The Beer Phenom The Great Bleach The Great Orange 06P #4 (PHILADELPHIA) Crazy Texas Rancher Desperado Extremist Pride Table Taboo The Social Grudge The Thug Wham Der Bam 06P #5 (OSAKA) Beast Mask Fish Mask Flying Ninja Gecko Mask Northern Punk Panther Mask Son Of Panther Mask The Good God The Soaring Eagle 06P #6 (TOKYO) Black Gangster King Giant Mega Toyota Pearl Of Korea Revolution Fighter Spirit Fighter The Wizard Give your best shot at filling the list.

The only ones that rang any bells, more due to the city than anything else were: Hawaiian Thunder - Don Muraco Rocking Lover - Shawn Michaels The Great Orange - Hulk Hogan Crazy Texas Rancher - Terry Funk Desperado - Terry Funk again Extremist Pride - Tommy Dreamer Table Taboo - Sabu The Social Grudge - Raven The Thug - Taz Wham Der Bam - Rob Van Dam

Guest Weden
I'm guessing King Giant or Mega Toyota to be Giant Baba... and the Wizard looks to be Keiji Mutoh.

06P #1 (CALGARY) Heart Of Canada I - Bret Hart Heart Of Canada II - Owen Hart John The Lion - Jericho? Union Jack Berry and Union Jack Simmons - The British Bulldogs? 06P #2 (MONTREAL) Familial Legend - Jacques Rougeau Sr? Familial Police - The Mountie, Jacques Rougeau Jr. Familial Boxer - Ray Rougeau? 06P #3 (NEW YORK) Hawaiian Thunder - Don Muraco Power Of Paint - Ultimate Warrior The Beer Phenom - Austin 06P #4 (PHILADELPHIA) Crazy Texas Rancher - Terry Funk Extremist Pride - Tommy Dreamer Table Taboo - The Dudleyz? The Social Grudge - Raven The Thug - Taz Don't follow Puro much so I won't attempt the others.

Your hints from 400 Forums [quote]- Alpine Man fought The Great Orange at Maniacal Wrestling. - Table Taboo and Wham Der Bam trained together. - The Hearts Of Canada are brothers, as are Familial Police & Familial Boxer. - The Union Jacks are cousins, and a tag team. - Polish Sky Diver was the first to use the moonsault. - Amateur Rob once beat Heart Of Canada I for a World Championship. - Hawaiian Thunder & The Great Bleach fought each other 1000 times. - Bud Stevens is an inspiration for The Great Bleach. - Pearl Of Korea trained both King Giant and Spirit Fighter. - Gecko Mask trained Flying Ninja and Fish Mask. - Elite Athlete and Mega Toyota had a great World title match in Tokyo.[/quote] From your clues: Alpine Man - Andre the Giant The Great Orange - Hulk Hogan Maniacal Wrestling - WrestleMania? Table Taboo and Wham Der Bam - Sabu and RVD Heart of Canada 1 - Bret Hart Heart of Canada 2 - Owen Hart Union Jacks - British Bulldogs Amateur Rob - Bob Backlund Hawaiian Thunder - Ricky Steamboat Pearl of Korea - Rikidozan King Giant - Giant Baba Spirit Fighter - Antonio Inoki The others I don't know. EDIT: I thought I put The Great Bleach as Flair...

Has nothing to do with current real-life promotions. Hell, might have nothing to do with real wrestling at all. When was the last time you've seen a bloke named The Great Bleach on a wrestling show. But there O6P folks certainly are making a rumble. I heard O6P management are pissed at CornellVerse Inc. over some licensing or something....Haven't got any details. I've heard of a Cornell VS Orange match in the works.

And because Phil doesn't like GDS, I'll transfer his posts from 400 over here. Here's a sampling of Part II.... Amateur Mort (New York) - Kurt Angle Pietro Abruzzi (New York) - Randy Savage Daniel Johansson (Philadelphia) Raza King (Philadelphia) Dragon Muscles (Tokyo) Korean Alien (Tokyo) Black Punk (Osaka) SCHEME (Osaka) Bagpipes Ron (Calgary) The Mad Arab (Calgary) Polish Ripper (Montreal) Super Fists (Montreal) And some hints regarding them... - Amateur Mort & Salesman XVI are often said to have the best technique in New York. - Pietro Abruzzi was disgruntled when The Great Orange's era begun. - Daniel Johansson once trained under Crazy Texas Rancher's brother. - Raza King could also be at home in Osaka. - Dragon Muscles fought both New York Greats. - Korean Alien once aligned himself with Black Gangster and Black Punk, but not anymore. - Gecko Mask trained SCHEME. - Bagpipes Ron is good friend with the Hearts Of Canada and The Great Bleach - The Mad Arab is a good friend and regular foes in past war of Desperado - Polish Ripper took wild pleasure in carving up Polish Sky Diver in Montreal - Super Fists won a world title from The Great Bleach I expect you guys to be able to identify around 40 of them. The others will be a bit harder. Here's those I expect little of you to get, in part because none of you got them yet. Big Eugene Trotsky (Calgary) John The Lion (Calgary) Laughing Tosser (Calgary) Elite Athlete (Montreal) Familial Legend (Montreal) Polish Sky Diver (Montreal) Strong Italian (Montreal) The Father Saint (Montreal) Yugoslavia Man (Montreal Nobody got these. All of the others were identified correctly by someone at a point or another, on this board, at GDS, or at Wrestlecrap, some only once, but still. Note that I won't ever tell you who you got right. That would be breaking the very legal reason the list exists. But if you guys can build a good checklist of people you are CERTAIN they are who they are in my listings, keep it, it might be useful in the future, when you compare it to data :-) Amateur Mort (New York) - Kurt Angle Pietro Abruzzi (New York) - Randy Savage Desperado - Cactus Jack Bagpipes Ron (Calgary) - Roddy Piper The Mad Arab (Calgary) - Abdullah? Super Fists - Nice disguise.. No clue though. Salesman XVI - Benoit? Familial Legend (Montreal) - Armand Rougeau? Strong Italian (Montreal) - Dominic Denucci? EDIT: Sorry for the Double Post.

Weden, it's most likely Flair. - Hawaiian Thunder & The Great Bleach fought each other 1000 times. If Thunder is Steamboat then Bleach must be Flair. I figured it out: Phil is going to help Adam with stats by adding another group of promotions, the O6P.

Archived