Dislikes of TCY

I was very excited to hear about the new Bowl Bound game. I have played TCY quite a bit before losing interst with it after a lengthy amount of time. Just my opinion of things that I disliked about TCY and was wondering how others felt that played it. First off I really enjoyed the game far the most part. One of the main thngs that eventually turned me away to never return was the amount of time it took to set the sliders for Weights, Film, Study Hall......... Every player really had to be looked at and figured differently from the next one, depending on IQ/High School athletics reputation..... I thought it was great, but it just started to take way to much time. When you are trying to game plan and recruit and then deal with that it just took too long. I think the majority of us want to get to the games and the recruiting. After numerous seasons it became like a tedious chore. Just my opinion. Academics played a little too much of a role for recruiting. And once you spent a few years on getting your Academic Reputation up, it was very easy to recruit very good athletes. Likewise, if you went to school with poor academics it was nearly impossible to bring that up quickly. Most good recruits will not choose a school that has great academics but a so-so program, over a Good program with so-so academics. I thought the gameplanning for TCY was very easy and far the most part, did what it was supposed to do. Sure there were a few quirks but it was managable. The fact that you could ALWAYS plan on losing at least one road game a year, usually when you were winning by 21 entering the fourth quarter, eventually put it on the shelf. Just wondering what other people that have played TCY think about the game.

Quote ************** First off I really enjoyed the game far the most part. One of the main thngs that eventually turned me away to never return was the amount of time it took to set the sliders for Weights, Film, Study Hall......... Every player really had to be looked at and figured differently from the next one, depending on IQ/High School athletics reputation..... I thought it was great, but it just started to take way to much time. ********************************************************** You are able to set this (with some adjustments for various factor) and not go through the time consuming process .... unless I think it was you changed practice time

True you could just set them and leave the sliders. However each seperate position group had different requirements. And some players would need less study time than others. When I found myself adjusting to whether a player had a girlfriend and trying to keep his happiness up (so he would make greater gains) with the extra free time to spend with her and adjusting all the other sliders to that, it got a little old. Lovwed the game and it still plays well today. I am suprised that FOF has not come out with a TCY2? If Bowl Bound can keep some of those same features and make some improvements in the training of the players it will be a great game. I think both FOF and TCY it was somewhat easy to reach a certain level where you were guarenteed a certain amount of success every year. More so in FOF than TCY, becasue of the financial part of the game. Recruiting in TCY got much easier once you got your program to a certain level.

One thing I loved about the game was the small compact size, and how quickly it ran. I know, I'm a throwback to the DOS days, but those things are still important to me (and on a slower machine). I think the entire download was 4 meg! The #1 thing I hated about TCY is that it didn't have a college draft as part of the game (you had to buy Total Pro Football for that, and I wasn't about to shell out the money for another game, when all I would use it for was to see where guys got drafted). There was a lot of room for improvement, but for a first version, it was quite good (I just spent the last six hours doing a season, so it is addicting) One thing I also didn't like is I never knew how athletic a qb was, i.e. how good a scrambler he was or how good he was at running the option, and getting rushing yards. It was never really clear.

Archived