I have a small question about the game, as to whether the game will be rooted in today's world of Sports Entertainment, or could you do a career during the 70s and 80s, when kayfabe and regionalism still existed. With someone doing a decent pack of the promotions and wrestlers, the guys who did the 1983 scenario for TEW come to mind, after the game is released would be great. Starting out as a young wrestler and working your way up in the NWA, touring the different regions, before getting your big shot at the NWA title. If not for Fighting Spirit, then for TEW2005. I think it'd be nice if TEW appealed to today's fans and those fans who grew up on the old days of the 70s and early 80s.

You can set the database to be in any era, and so you could simply set it in 1975 and make all the promotions Regional level if you wanted. You couldn't do an NWA belt though, as titles must be linked to a promotion, you can't have one that "floats" around. The game is already in kayfabe, due to fact that the fights are done as real fights, not worked bouts.

An interesting feature that I and some other 'Old School' scenario makers would have liked is to have the 'Affiliated' feature, but allow you to play as the 'Affiliated' promotions. So you could have the main promotion (NWA), which has several affiliated promotions tied to it (GCW, MACW, MSW and so on). The main promotion would be more like the NWA Board of Directors, and would have their main titles (NWA World Title)(Of course, it'd probably be useless if there wasn't a way to make it so that the NWA World Title is defendable within the affiliates), as well as a roster of their big stars (Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes and the such), who can work for any of the affiliated promotions on a night. The main promotion wouldn't have it's own shows and PPVs (although a yearly Super PPV tournament could be an interesting idea, where the main promotion brings up 16 or so wrestlers from it's affiliates). Each affiliated promotion would have their own roster, as well as the ability to bring in one of the big stars for a one-nighter or more. Also, wrestlers in affiliated promotions could also be drafted up by the Main Promotion if they're a big star. Now that I think of it, that's an idea more suited for TEW2005, but it could still be reworked for Fighting Spirit. Where you could start out as an Opener for one of NWA's smaller affiliates, but as you gain more popularity and skill, you could get moved around to Georgia Championship Wrestling or Mid-Atlantic, before becoming a huge star and being called up to the NWA's 'Superstars' Roster, where you'd spend your time working main events for the affiliated promotions and such. Just a little idea that I'd think would help make FiSpi and TEW2005 more adaptable for 'Old School' scenarios. It'd be nice to relive the days of regionalism.

Sort of, yea... and the main promotion would get money by taking a percentage of it's affiliates' profits each month. It would also give you a goal, to start as a small promotion and work your way up to applying for membership within the group. There's a ton of ideas for TEW2005 and FiSpi that could make it more compatible with older wrestling, as well as wrestling of today. Like the whole case with 'jobbers'... it'd be nice to have an Enhancement Talent push too...

Yea, I had said that in my original post, but I also said how it could be worked in FiSpi, how you can start out in one of the smaller promotions and work your way to being a 'Superstar', and traveling around to all the affiliate promotions. Of course, there is no TEW board on here, and it'd be a great idea for TEW...

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Rick Arnold]An interesting feature that I and some other 'Old School' scenario makers would have liked is to have the 'Affiliated' feature, but allow you to play as the 'Affiliated' promotions. So you could have the main promotion (NWA), which has several affiliated promotions tied to it (GCW, MACW, MSW and so on). The main promotion would be more like the NWA Board of Directors, and would have their main titles (NWA World Title)(Of course, it'd probably be useless if there wasn't a way to make it so that the NWA World Title is defendable within the affiliates), as well as a roster of their big stars (Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes and the such), who can work for any of the affiliated promotions on a night. [/QUOTE] Well, if my memory serves me correct, I believe that each "affiliate" as you put it had their own Heavyweight title anyway. The NWA Champion's job was to go to each territory and defend the title making the other guy look good and then squeezing out a victory. But what you said makes sense, it would be pointless to keep the NWA Champion in only one "affiliate" because in actuality, the NWA Champion went everywhere but I understand what you mean.

Archived