Charlie Brown: From Rookie to who knows

Charlie Brown is a created wrestler and will be played by me. I was born in November, 1964 and have always aspired to become a professional wrestler. We went into training and have hired an agent to find him opportunities for him to begin his career. Because I wanted to work so badly my agent went and talked six different territories. We went to Central States and we were offered a tryout so we accepted the offer. We went to Championship Wrestling Association and were also offered a tryout and accepted it. We went to Championship Wrestling from Florida and again was offered a tryout which was accepted. We went to Toronto, Canada and met with Maple Leaf Wrestling. We were offered a tryout and was accepted. We went to Pacific Northwest Wrestling and we were offered a PPA contract as an opener for $20 per appearance for 6 months and I accepted the offer. We went to Southeastern Championship Wrestlilng and was offered a PPA contract as a lower midcarder for $24 per appearance for 6 months and I accepted it. It looks like I'm going to rack up some serious frequent flyer miles!

[b]November, 1983[/b] [b]Week One, Monday[/b] I went to Toronto, Canada for my tryout with Maple Leaf Wrestling and I was booked to face Private Jim Nelson in the opening match. In the locker room I introduced myself to a couple of people, Eddie Creatchman and the legendary Pampero Firpo. Mr.Creatchman is the manager of the Shiek. I asked him how he was and I asked him if he could give me some pointers on improving my microphone work and he was nice enough to give me some tips. I also asked Pampero Firpo how he was and he couple give me some pointers on improving my psychology of my matches. He was also nice enough to give me some advice. I got dressed and headed to the ring for the match. The bell sounded and I hit Private Jim Nelson with a running clothesline and then an elbow in the knee after his attempt to gouge me in the eyes. He came back with a front facelock and put me in an airplane spin. We went back and forth for several minutes with me mostly on the receiving end. At the 7:00 mark I was tired and when I suplexed Nelson he fell on top but I was able to kick out at the last second. A few more minutes later he kept hitting me with low blows and even gave me some verbal abuse. I then started a comeback and after I speared him in the corner I gave him a piledriver. I then hit him with a DDT but when I tried to get him with my pedigree, he broke it. He sent me into the ropes with an irish whip but I avoided his low blow attempt. I quickly turned around and hit him with the Stone Cold stunner and pinned him at the 20:00 mark. We got a match rating of C.

[b]Tuesday, Week One[/b] I received a message from Frank Tunney, the owner of Maple Leaf Wrestling, and he wanted to see me after he received some generous praise from Private Jim Nelson about the match. He offered me a PPA contract as an opener for $40 per appearance for 1 year. I requested a shorter contract, which he said was reasonable, and I accepted the offer for a length of 6 months. I dashed out of the office and jumped in a plane to the Mid-South Coliseum for my try out with Championship Wrestling. When I got there I found out that I was booked to face Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart in the opening match. I introduced myself to Jimmy Hart, who was in the lockerroom. I asked him how he was and also if he could give me some pointers on improving my microphone work. He was nice enough to give me some advise. I also introduced myself to Jerry "King" Lawler, who was also the head booker for CWA. I asked him how he was and if he could give me any pointers on improving my psychology in my matches and he was nice enough to give me some pointers. I got dressed and headed for what I thought would be a short and brutal match with Jim Neidhart. The bell sounded and I was able to hit him with a running clothesline and then irish whipped him. He ducked under my clothesline and punched me several times in the face. From there he beat me up pretty bad until the 5:00 mark. After several more minutes of either him beating up on me or me being able to get in a couple of moves, I slammed him down in a full nelson bomb and tried to pin him. The surprised Anvil was able to kick out at the last second. We went back and forth for a while and then after I ducked away from a couple of shoulder tackles, I put him in the goodnight Irene sleeper hold. He was able to get out of it and tried to put me in a swinging cobra clutch but I was able to counter it with a S.T.O. Jim Neidhart missed again with a shoulder tackle and I hit him with the double arm DDT and it drew blood. I then went for and got the pin at the 25:00 mark. We got a match rating of C+.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Charlie Brown from Outta Town! *sorry, bad Jimmy Valiant reference - heh. Good luck, captainlou![/QUOTE] I thought that it would have been "Bad, Bad, Charlie Brown" an almost even worse Jim Croce reference - ha,ha.

[b]Wednesday, Week 1, Nov.'83[/b] I received a message to meet with the owner of the Championship Wrestling Association, Jerry Jarrett. I heard that Jim Neidhart was generous when he praised me to the CWA management. Mr. Jarrett offered me a PPA contract as an opener for $40 per appearance for 1 year. I requested a shorter contract and I accepted the offer for the length of 6 months. I then caught a plane to go to the CWF Beach Tour show for my tryout match with Championship Wrestling from Florida. OMG! The bookers have slated me to be in the opening match with "Outlaw" Ron Bass. I'm going to get killed, I thought to myself. I introduced myself to J.J.Dillon. I asked him how he was and told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve my microphone skills. He was kind enough to give me some advice. I also introduced myself to the legendary Superstar Billy Graham. I asked him how he was and told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve the psychology of my matches. He was nice enough to give me some advice. Well, it's off to the ring and I am scared sh!tless! The bell rings and Ron Bass allows me to get in some of my offensive moves for most of the first 5:00 of action. He must have been toying with me I thought to myself. I knew that it was too good to be true. He started to pour it on as we hit the 9:00 mark. He kept pounding me and at the 12:00 mark he hit me with The Big Boot and then pinned me. We got a "D" match rating. I'm very disappointed in me as I headed back to the locker room to shower and watch the rest of the matches before leaving.

[b]Thursday, Week one, November '83[/b] I got a message today saying that Eddie Graham, the owner of CWF, has asked me to meet with him. When I arrived I heard that Ron Bass had been generous when he praised me to the CWF management. Mr. Graham decided to offer me a PPA contract as an opener for $40 per appearance for 1 year. I suggested that the length was too long and he said that that was reasonable. I accepted the offer for the length of six months. I left and went to the SECW on Tour! show where I was to possibly make my debut. The bookers have slated me to be Ken Wayne's tag team partner against Kendall Windham and Dan Davis. In the lockerroom I saw Bob Armstrong, the current Southeastern Heavyweight champ. I introduced myself and asked him how he was and told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve the psychology of my matches. He was kind enough to give me some advise. I also introduced myself to the masked wrestler known as the Flame. I asked him how he was and I told him that I could use some pointers on how I could improve my microphone skills. He was nice enough to give me some advise. The bell rang and Ken Wayne opened up for our team against Kendall Windham. After Ken Wayne was able to work on him for a few minutes Kendall Windham was able to get away and tag in the Nightmare, Dan Davis. Davis was in control of the match for a few minutes and then Ken Wayne was able to tag me in. Dan Davis and I traded moves for a few minutes and after I was getting tired I tagged Ken Wayne back in. He gained control of the match for a couple of minutes and Dan Davis tagged Kendall Windham back in. After a few minutes Ken Wayne tagged me back in. A few minutes went by and after I countered his small package with the S.T.O. and he kicked out of my pin attempt at the last second. He blocked my DDT attempt but I was able to get him with the pedigree. He again kicked out at the last second. I went and tagged Ken Wayne back in. Kendall Windham blocked a couple of moves then gave him a dropkick from the second rope and tagged in Dan Davis. They traded moves for a few minutes and when Dan Davis had Ken Wayne in position, Ken Wayne got out of the way and Dan Davis missed a kneedrop. Ken Wayne bodyslammed him then tagged me back in. Davis regained control and after a few flying double axe handles found their mark, he got me into the late inning small package and pinned me. The match went 23:00 and we got a "C" rating. In the main event of the show Mr. Olympia retained his Alabama heavyweight title by beating Dizzy Hogan.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Very cool career, so far. Good luck in Florida! And stay away from Kevin Sullivan, heh.[/QUOTE] Thank. I'm going to need all the luck I can get there with that roster. The CWF is the only place where I was dispositioned as a babyface, all the other territories have me as a heel.

[b]Friday, Week One, November, 1983[/b] I arrived today for Central States' Bulldog's Last Stand show for my tryout with them. I arrived and saw that the bookers have matched me up with Buzz Tyler. He is currently the co-holder of the Central States' tag-team title. When I entered the lockerroom there was this huge man and I thought that I should at least introduce myself to him. His name is "Crusher" Jerry Blackwell and I asked him how he was doing and told him that I could certainly use some pointers on improving the psychology of my matches. He was nice enough to give me some advice. I then got ready and headed towards the ring for the opening match. Buzz Tyler and I opened the match by trading blow for blow for the first 5:00. I then took control for a little while and then Buzz Tyler took command. A few minutes later I was very tired and at the 10:00 mark he hit me with the Thesz press and pinned me. [b]Match Rating: E[/b] (as in Extremely Awful)

[b]Saturday, Week One, November 1983[/b] I got up this morning and saw that I had a message from Bob Geigel, the owner of Central States, and that he wanted to meet with me. When I arrived he told me that he didn't have any opportunities for me within the company and that maybe sometime in the future that they may have something for me. I thanked him for the tryout match and wished him well. Oh well, 5 out of 6 ain't bad. I was double scheduled today and decided to go to the Championship Wrestling Association for their Renegade Rampage show. When I arrived I saw that I was scheduled to match up with Rick Steiner. He was just starting out after finishing a collegiate wrestling career at the University of Michigan. I went inside the lockerroom and I introduced myself to Austin Idol, the current AWA Intercontinental title holder. I asked him how he was and told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve the psychology of my matches. He was kind enough to give me some advise and I wished him good luck in his match against Bill Dundee in tonight's main event. I also introduced myself to Randy Savage. I asked him how he was and I also told him that I could certainly use some pointers on how to improve my microphone work. He was rude and totally blew me off. What a jerk he is, I thought to myself. Maybe when I when I get older and we meet again I will start a feud with him and bash his brains in. After the end of the third match, which had my new friend Jim Neidhart in it (he won), it was my turn to go out there. Rick Steiner took control early and for most of the early going he kept going at me. He really poured it on after the 6:00 mark and he hit me with a running powerslam but I was able to kick out at the last second. I started to come back a minute later but to no avail as he hit me with another running powerslam at the 8:00 mark and then pinned me. [b]Match Rating: C[/b]

[b]Sunday, Week One, November 1983[/b] This morning I fould out that I was double booked again and I decided to go to the hurricane magnet of the U.S., the state of Florida, for the Championship Wrestling from Florida's Wrestling from Florida show. When I arrived I fould that I was matched up against Jack "the Stretcher" Hart in the second match of the card, right after interviews by Ron Bass and Kevin Sullivan. In the lockerroom I noticed that announcer Gordon Solie was there so I went over to introduce myself, ask him how he was, and tell him that I could use some pointers on improving my microphone skills. He was nice enough to give me some advice. I then went over to introduce myself to the "Amrican Dream" Dusty Rhodes. I asked him how he was and told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve the psychology of my matches. He was kind enough to give me some advice. After Kevin Sullivan was done with his interview it was time for my match. I was able to perform a couple of moves but mostly Jack Hart was in control for the first few minutes. Around 6:00 I was tired and he tried to get me into the figure-four leglock but I was lucky to slip out. I fell on top of him after he hit me with the Thesz press and got a surprised 2-count. We got up and I hit him with a roundhouse punch and then whipped him into a corner and speared him. I dragged him out and hit him with a DDT and went for the pin. He kicked out at the last second. I set him up for my pedigree but he broke out of it. After a couple of minutes he hit me with the DDT but I was able to kick out at the last second. I tried to slip out of the figure-four leglock for the third time in the match but it was the charm for him and I had to tap out and submitted at the 10:00 mark. [b]Match Rating: C[/b]

My progress Well the first week of my pro wrestling career is over and I really learned a lot from the wrestlers who were kind enough to give me some advice on improving the psychology of my matches. (went up by 9) [b]Overness:[/b] U.S. = 1 Canada = 3 Mexico = 0 Japan = 0 UK = 0

November, 1983 --- Week Two [color=purple]Monday[/color] I'm doublebooked today and I decided to go to the MLW's Maple Leaf Express show. When I arrived I found that I was being partnered with Tom Jones against the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers. Holy Cow! Andre the Giant is in the lockerroom tonight. I went over and introduced myself to him. I asked him how he was and also told him that I could use some help in improving the psychology of my matches. He was nice enough to give me some advice. I thanked him and wished him luck in his match tonight against Tony Parisi (as if he needed it). After a few matches, it was time for my tag-team match. The bell rings and I will start it off for our team against Jacques Rougeau. We traded moves for a few minutes then I tagged in Tom Jones. A minute later in comes Raymond Rougeau. They went at each other for about five minutes before Jones got tired and tagged me back in. A minute later back in comes Jacques. He kept pounding away at me and I was very tired at the 13:00 mark. I was able to get him in a drop toe hold and then tag in Jones. Two minutes later the tag is made and back in comes Raymond. A few minutes go by and while Raymond has Jones on the mat he tags Jacques back in. Jones is able to gain control and tags me back in after he sends Jacques into the ropes with an irish whip. We went back and forth but when I got really tired around the 24:00 mark Jacques stopped me from making a tag and then pinned me with the late inning small package. [b]Match Rating: C[/b] [color=purple]Tuesday[/color] Today is PNW's PNW Around the Horn show. I got there and found that I would be teaming up with Danny Spivey against the Tonga Kid and Dean "Iceman" Malenko in an elimination rules tag match. The bell rang and I started it off for us against the Tonga Kid. Nothing much went on for the first couple of minutes as I had been hittimg him with an assortment of low risk moves then he tags in Malenko. He was starting to do a number on me for a couple of minutes and I got free and tagged in Spivey. Malenko's blows showed no effect on the big man and two minutes later he tags in the Tonga Kid. A few minutes went by with Spivey pounding away on him before the Kid was able to reverse an irish whip and tag in Malenko. Spivey tags me back in and after I exchanged a couple of moves with the Iceman he tags back in the Kid. The Tonga Kid started to get a few licks in but I was able to irish whip him into a sidewalk slam. I covered him but he kicked out at the last second. He broke my pedigree attempt and hit me with the flying body press but I was able to kick out at the last second. I avoided a double axe handle and tagged in Spivey. The big guy bearhugs him but the Kid is able to tag in Malenko. A hammerlock back bomb by Spivey puts Malenko on the mat but he kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second. Malenko came back and was pounding away on Spivey for several minutes. After Malenko hits him with a couple of dropkicks Spivey tagged me back in. I hit Malenko with the Shake, Rattle, and Roll and pinned him. Malenko is out of the match. The Tonga Kid and I exchanged blows and he put me down and hit me with a flying headbutt. He then pinned me and I was done. He puts up a good fight against Spivey but Spivey is able to nail him with an animalistic spear and then pins him to end the match. [b]Time: 25:00, Match Rating: C+[/b] [color=purple]Wednesday[/color] Before I left for the CWF Beach Tour show I went to the PNW management and asked if Danny Spivey and I could be a regular tag team. They said that that sounded okay. The Power Company is now born. I got to the CWF's CWF Beach Tour show and found that they had me scheduled in a singles match against Scott McGee. Black Jack Mulligan was in the lockerroom when I arrived and I went over and introduced myself. I asked him how he was and told him that I could use some help in improving the psychology of my matches and he was kind enough to give me some advice. The match started and we went back and forth throughout the the match. He had me down but missed with a leg drop. I went up and hit him with a double stomp in the stomach and then went up again and hit him with a double axe handle. I covered him but he kicked out at the last second. We kept trading blowms and every time a pin was attempted the other would kick out at the last second. I wasn't able to finish him off and on his third try with the Thesz press he pinned me. [b]Time: 16:00 Match Rating: C[/b]

Week Two --- Thursday thru Sunday [color=purple]Thursday[/color] I stayed around in the southeast part of the US so that I could go to the SECW on Tour! show. The bookers had me scheduled in a singles match against Ken Wayne. Ron Fuller, the owner and head booker of SECW, was in the lockerroom and I asked him how he was (a little brown-nosing doesn't hurt) and I told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve my microphone skills. He was nice enough to give me some advice. The bell rang for our match and Ken Wayne totally dominated the match and although I was able to wear him down a little bit, he hit me a second time with the Thesz press and he pinned me. [b]Time: 8:00 Match Rating: D[/b] [color=purple]Friday[/color] I went back to Florida for the CWF show at the Jacksonville Coliseum. I wasn't scheduled to wrestle tonight. My disposition is a babyface but I couldn't resist to go over and introduce myself to Fallen Angel, the manager and wife of Kevin Sullivan. [b](Sorry, D.B. I just had to do it)[/b] I told her how stunning she looked and also told her that I could use some pointers on how to improve my microphone skills. She was nice enough to give me some advice and I wished her and her husband good luck in his match tonight against Barry Windham for the Television title. Note: Kevin Sullivan won the match and became the new CWF Television champ. [color=purple]Saturday[/color] I took the first flight out and headed for CWA's Renegade Rampage show. When I arrived I noticed that I was scheduled to match up again against Rick Steiner. I saw this big man in the locker room and introduced myself to him. It was Elijah Akeem. I asked him how he was and also told him that I could use some pointers on inproving the psychology of my matches. He was nice enough to give me some advice and wished him luck in his match against Randy Savage. (Unfortunately, he lost) I was in control of the match for most of the first five minutes before I was distracted by his manager, Miss Linda. I later regained the upper hand and continued my assault on Rick Steiner. He tried to get me in an airplane spin but I was able to counter it with a diving DDT. I went for the pin but he kicked out at the last second. A few minutes later he hit me with a fist drop but I was later able to get him in the goodnight Irene sleeper hold and that ended the match. [b]Time: 11:00 Match Rating: C[/b] [color=purple]Sunday[/color] I took the first flight out of town and headed for the CWF's Wrestling from Florida show. I arrived and found that I was matched up in singles action against Jack "the Stretcher" Hart again. In the lockerroom I went over to Sir Oliver Humperdink and introduced my self to him. I asked him how he was and I also told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve my microphone skills. He was nice enough to give me some advice. I later thought about asking the CWF management if he could be my manager but I am only enhancement talent so I decided not to at this time. I headed out to the ring for my match and as soon as the bell rang I took control. I was able to control Jack Hart for at least six minutes before he attempted a come back. After a couple more minutes I was able to get him with a reverse snap DDT but he kicked out of my pin attempt at the last second. I then hit him with a DDT and then pinned him, winning my first singles match in the CWF. [b]Time: 8:00 Match Rating: C[/b]

November, 1983 -- Week 3 -- Monday to Wednesday [color=navy]Monday[/color] I'm doublebooked today, what else is new, between the CWA and the MLW. I decided to go to Toronto for the MLW's Maple Leaf Express show. When I arrived there I fould out that I was scheduled in a singles match against Angelo Mosca, Jr. . Pampero Firpo was in the lockerroom so I went over and thanked him again for the advice he gave me the last time I saw him. I also told him that it was an honor to talk to such a legendary veteran wrestler. I then got ready for my match. When the bell rang I immediately took control and was in command for the first few minutes before Mosca started hitting me with a series of knee drops and elbow drops. After a few more minutes I was able to avoid a double axe handle and went back on the attack. I hit him with a roundhouse punch and followed it by sending him into a corner. I started battering him with the Bockwinkle flurry and while he was on the mat I locked him in a rolling hammerlock and he submitted. [b]Time: 9:00 Match Rating: C[/b] [color=navy]Tuesday[/color] I took the redeye flight out and headed west for the PNW's PNW Around the Horn show. When I arrived I went to the poster board and saw that I was scheduled to face Billy Two Eagles in singles competion. This is the first singles match for me in this region. I saw one of the announcers here, Don Coss, in the lockerroom and introduced myself to him. I asked him how he was and I told him that I could use some pointers in how to improve my microphone skills. He was nice enough to give me some advice and I thanked him. I then went to get ready for my match. The bell rings and Billy Two Eagles and I went back and forth for several minutes until he started to dominate. I started making a comeback around the 13:00 mark. We went back and forth as I continued to counter his war dance flurries and stopped them in it's tracks with punches. After we started to trade pin fall attempts I was able to regain control and put him in the teioh lock but he didn't submit. I then hit him with the shake, rattle, and roll but he kicked out of the pin attempt at the last second. Billy Two Eagles was able to get me in a spinning toe hold but I didn't back down. Many more minutes went by with each of us trying to finish off the other and then he was able to get me with his war dance flurry and I started to bleed. A few minutes of trading moves and then I hit him with the diving DDT but he kicked out of the pin attempt at the last minute. Two minutes of action goes by and then the ref is knocked out during an irish whip. Later I hit Billy Two Eagles with a DDT and now he is starting to bleed. Shortly the ref comes to and the match finally ends when Billy Two Eagles puts me in a main event sleeper and I submit. [b]Time: 43:00 Match Rating: B[/b] [color=navy]Wednesday[/color] Another day, another plane flight as I headed to Florida for the CWF Beach Tour! show. When I finally arrived I noticed that I was scheduled for a singles match against Mando Guerrero. I went right into the locker room and got ready for my match. The bell rings and I didn't waste any time in starting my attack and a few minutes went by before Guerrero took control. We continued to trade moves and at the 7:00 mark the ref is knocked out during an irish whip. We continued to beat each other up and the ref comes to two minutes later. Guerrero double hooked my legs and went into a bridge to pin me but I was able to kick out at the last second. I avoided a senton bomb then hit him with a DDT and then with a face crusher and pinned him for the win. [b]Time: 11:00 Match Rating: C+[/b]

Week 3 continued -- Thursday to Sunday [color=navy]Thursday[/color] Today is Thanksgiving and I'm at the SECW on Tour! show. I am scheduled to be in a singles match against "Nightmare" Dan Davis. In the locker room I introduced myself to Robert Fuller. I asked him how he was and I told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve the psychology of my matches and he was kind enough to give me some advice. I then thanked him and went to get ready for my match. The bell rings and Dan Davis immediately goes on the offensive and starts dominating me. After a few minutes I was able to get in a few licks of my own but he hit me with the Thesz press at the 8:00 mark and pinned me. [b]Time: 8:00 Match Rating: C[/b] [color=navy]Friday[/color] Today I was not scheduled to be anywhere so I just relaxed, watched the Nebraska/Oklahoma game and then went to my daily training session. [color=navy]Saturday[/color] I got up this morning and found that I was double booked between the CWA and SECW. I decided to head to CWA's Renegade Rampage show and when I got there I saw that I was scheduled to be in a singles match against Hercules Ayala. In the locker room I noticed that the color commentator for CWA, Dave Brown, was there so I went over and introduced myself. I asked him how he was and I told him that I could certainly use some pointers on how to improve my microphone skills. He was nice enough to give me some advice and I thanked him before getting ready for my match. The bell rings and I started to attack Hercules Ayala but he was too overpowering and took control quickly and he started pounding away on me. After several minutes minutes I started to make a comeback. After a few minutes I hit him with a piledriver and a DDT but both times he kicked out of the pin attempts at the last second. He then slapped on the head claw on me and I submitted. [b]Time: 13:00 Match Rating: C[/b] [color=navy]Sunday[/color] As seems to be the case most days, I am double booked. I decided to head to sunny Florida for CWF's Wrestling from Florida show instead of heading to the MLW in cold Toronto. I found out when I got there that I was scheduled to be in a tag team match with Akio Sato as my partner against Outlaw Ron Bass and Lex Luger. The bell rings and Akio Sato opens for our team against Ron Bass. The two of them went at each other for 8:00 before Bass tags in Luger. A minute later Sato tags me in. I'm able to sustain an attack for a couple of minutes before Luger started assaulting me with a few punches. After a while I was able to send him into the ropes and tag Sato back in. A minute later Bass is tagged back in and starts taking command. After exchanging blows for a couple of minutes Sato tags me back in after he bodyslams Bass. I was able to get him with a couple of moves before Bass uses his power to mount an attack. A couple minutes goes by and then he tags in Luger. I avoided a kick and tagged Sato back in. A few minutes of them exchanging blows and Luger tags in Bass. After breaking a head claw attempt Sato tags me back in. I sent Bass into a corner and he started to bleed during the Bockwinkle Flurry. I hit him with the DDT but he kicked out of the pin attempt at the last second. I then hit him with the pedigree and pinned him for the victory one minute before the time limit. [b]Time: 29:00 Match Rating: C[/b]

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]That was an exciting last match, cap! Anytime Luger loses, we all win! :) Meanwhile, Nick Bockwinkel calls his lawyers. ;)[/QUOTE] I learned from watching the films of him in my training sessions. If you're going to learn something, you might as well learn from the best. :p Is my avatar better? Cheers to Ernie Roth! PS: I hate Luger for stealing Miss Elisabeth from us!!!

[QUOTE=Jaded]I agree with the Ghost, Luger losing is always a good thing! Wish I was having more success against him...[/QUOTE] I was lucky that he tagged Outlaw Ron Bass back in. Luger is just too powerful and really hard to wear down.

Nov. '83, Week 4: Monday thru Thursday [color=red]Monday[/color] If it's Monday, it's time to go to Toronto for MLW's Maple Leaf Express show. I arrive there and find that I am scheduled for a singles match against Riki Chosyu. Riki Chosyu started the match and totally dominated for the first seven minutes as I was able to only do a few moves. Around the 7:00 mark I started to make somewhat of a comeback attempt but Chosyu puts me in his finishing move and gets the pin. [b]Time: 10:00, Match Rating: D[/b] [color=red]Tuesday[/color] I took the redeye this morning and headed west for PNW's PNW Around the Horn show. When I arrived I found that I wasn't going to be on the card tonight so I stayed around the locker room area and watched the show. [color=red]Wednesday[/color] I took the first flight out and headed for Florida and CWF's CWF Beach Tour! show. I found out when I arrived that I was going to be in tag team action with Gama Singh as my partner against Jack "the Stretcher" Hart and Lex Luger. I guess that Luger wanted a little revenge and got another partner rather than him being matched up again with my friend Ron Bass. Singh opened the match for our team against Jack Hart. Singh is in control for much of the first four minutes before starting to tire and tags me in. Two minutes later Hart tags in Luger. After a few minutes of getting my head handed to me I was able to slip out of his big bear hug and tag in Singh. Singh and Luger were going blow for blow and every time that Gama would have the upper hand Fallen Angel would come up and interfere. A few more minutes went by and the Luger tags Hart back in. A minute later Singh is able to slip away and tag me back in. I get Hart in a sustained suplex and a surfboard but he is able to slip away before I can finish him off and tags Luger back in. After two more minutes of pounding by Luger he puts me in his big bear hug but I don't submit. He then puts me in his torture rack and again I don't give in. I counter his next move with a S.T.O. and quickly cover him but he kicks out at the last second. He stops me from tagging in Singh and, after I block his attempt to throw me out of the ring, he puts me back in his torture rack and I have to submit. [b]Time: 25:00, Match Rating: C[/b] [color=red]Thursday[/color] Today I stay in the southeastern part of the US and head towards SECW's SECW on Tour! show. Mr. Olympia, the current holder of the Alabama Heavyweight title, was in the locker room so I went over to introduce myself. I asked him how he was and told him that I could use some pointers on improving the psychology of my matches. He was nice enough to give me some advice and I thanked him. I later found out that I wouldn't be wrestling that night so I just sat back and watched the show.

Week 4 continued: Friday thru Sunday [color=red]Friday[/color] Today I don't have anything booked so I went through with my training work and did some sightseeing before taking the last flight out. [color=red]Saturday[/color] Today is the day for CWA's Renegade Rampage show. I got to the locker room area and found that I would be in tag team action with Rick Steiner as my partner against the team of Doug Gilbert and Mando Guerrero. This match is going to be a tables elimination tag team match. I saw Jerry Lawler, a great well known wrestler and doubles as the head booker for CWA, in the locker room and went over to introduce myself. I asked him how he was and told him that I could use a few pointers on improving the psychology of my matches. He was kind enough to give me some advice and I thanked him and wished him luck in his match tonight against Steve Keirn. The bell rings and I am in the ring against Doug Gilbert. Gilbert was mostly in control for the first few minutes then he tagged in Mando Guerrero. After a minute he missed with the senton and I tagged in Rick Steiner. Steiner takes command for several minutes and then sends Guerrero into the ropes but he stops Steiner from making a tag and gouges him in the eyes a couple of times. Guerrero is distracted by Miss Linda, Steiner's manager, and Steiner tags me back in. After a couple of minutes Guerrero tags in Gilbert. We exchange blows inside and outside the ring and he puts a table in the ring. A couple of minutes of action later I was able to tag Steiner back in. Rick roughs up Gilbert for a couple of minutes and tags me back in. Gilbert and I go blow for blow for several minutes and then Gilbert tags Guerrero back in. I am able to irish whip Guerrero into the ropes and tag in Steiner. Several minutes of fierce action go by and Steiner tags me back in. I am able to get a hold of Guerrero with a full nelson bomb and send him through the table. Gilbert comes rushing in and clotheslines me and he goes out and gets another table. We go at each other back and forth for a few minutes and then I am able to tag Steiner back in. They continue to battle it out for around five or six minutes until Steiner is able to slam Gilbert through the table with a pumphandle powerslam for the victory. [b]Time: 46:00, Match Rating: C+[/b] [color=red]Sunday[/color] Before my flight to Florida for CWF's Wrestling from Florida show I went to a creative meeting with CWA and asked if Rick Steiner and I could be tag team partners and they said that it was okay. I also asked if Miss Linda, Rick Steiner's manager, could also be my manager and they said that it was okay as well. I arrived in Florida and I found that I was scheduled in singles competition against Lex Luger. It is the next to last match slated on the card for tonight. In the locker room I noticed that the "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes was there so I went over and introduced myself. I asked him how he was and also told him that I could use some pointers on how to improve my microphone skills. He was nice enough to give me some advice and I thanked him. After a while it was time for my match. The bell rings and Luger took control for the first five minutes and then I started to mount a comeback. I was in command for the next four minutes or so until Fallen Angel came up and interfered. I then was able to regain control and I hit Lex with a DDT and went for the pin but he kicked out at the last second. He grabbed a hold of me and put me in the bear hug but I didn't submit. I then turned around and got him with a piledriver but Fallen Angel again interfered before I could attempt to pin him. Luger tried his bearhug two minutes later but again I refused to give in. A couple of minutes later he puts me up in the over the shoulder backbreaker and I ended up submitting. [b]Time: 14:00, Match Rating: C[/b]

Charlie Brown's Progress The first month of wrestling is over and Pacific Northwest Wrestling has promoted me from opener to midcarder. Southeastern Championship Wrestling has promoted me from lower midcarder to main eventer. Continental Wrestling Association has promoted me from opener to lower midcarder and so did Championship Wrestling from Florida. My match records by promotion: [b]Pacific Northwest[/b] Singles: 0-1 Tag teams: 1-0 [b]Southeastern Championship Wrestling[/b] Singles: 0-2 Tag teams: 0-1 [b]Maple Leaf Wrestling[/b] Singles: 2-1 Tag teams: 0-1 [b]Continental Wrestling Association[/b] Singles: 2-2 Tag teams: 1-0 [b]Championship Wrestling from Florida[/b] Singles: 2-4 Tag teams: 1-1 [color=blue]World Overness and Skills/Attributes[/color] [color=red]Overness[/color] USA: 9 ([color=red]+9[/color]) Canada: 7 ([color=red]+7[/color]) [color=blue]Skills/Attributes[/color] Spirit: 16 ([color=red]+6[/color]) Power: 15 ([color=red]No Change[/color]) Technique: 24 ([color=red]+5[/color]) Speed: 8 ([color=red]+4[/color]) Psychology: 41 ([color=red]+26[/color]) Stamina: 22 ([color=red]No Change[/color]) Toughness: 24 ([color=red]+5[/color]) Charisma: 18 ([color=red]No Change[/color]) Microphone: 16 ([color=red]+2[/color]) Safety: 23 ([color=red]+5[/color]) Looks: 59 Respect: 5 ([color=red]+5[/color])

December, 1983: Week 1 - Monday thru Wednesday [color=red]Monday[/color] Well today is Monday and as usual I am double booked so I am off to Toronto for MLW's Maple Leaf Express show. When I arrived I saw that I am to be in a tag team match with Raymond Rougeau as my partner against the team of Riki Chosyu and Tom Jones. My match is the opener of the show so I got ready to go. The bell rings and Raymond Rougeau starts things off for us against Riki Chosyu. They go at it and it goes back and forth for the first four minutes or so before Chosyu tags in Tom Jones. Two minutes of action go by and Rougeau tags me in. Jones and I go at it blow for blow for a few minutes then I give him an irish whip into the ropes and tag Rougeau back in. A minute later Jones tags in Chosyu. Chosyu gets the upper hand and is in control of the match for most of the next few minutes then Rougeau bodyslams him and tags me in. Chosyu quickly regains control of the match and after a few minutes of handing my head to me I am able to slip away and tag Rougeau back in. A couple more minutes of exchanging blows then Chosyu tags in Jones. Rougeau and Jones go back and forth for about five minutes then Rougeau tags me in. Jones tags in Chosyu back in. Chosyu gains control and after a couple more minutes of pounding me I slip away and make the tag to Rougeau. The ref gets knocked out during an irish whip and the two of them are trying to beat the other up for the next few minutes until the ref comes to. Rougeau goes for the pin a couple of times but Chosyu keeps kicking out at the last second. Rougeau then comes over and tags me in. I counter Chosyu's attempt at a bear hug turnbuckle smash with a diving DDT and then covered him for the pin. [b]Time - 34:00, Rating: C[/b] [color=red]Tuesday[/color] Today I am triple booked and I take the first plane out for the great northwest towards PNW and their PNW Around the Horn show. When I got there I found that I was going to be in a tag team match with elimination rules. My partner for the match is Joe Malenko and we will be against the Tonga Kid and Dean "Iceman" Malenko. Our match gets going with Joe Malenko starting it off against Tonga Kid. A couple of minutes of action go by and Tonga Kid tags in the Iceman. Joe Malenko is starting to tire and after he sends Dean Malenko into the corner he tags me in. A minute later Dean Malenko tags Tonga Kid back in. Two minutes of exchanging blows with him and Tonga Kid tags Dean Malenko back in. I whip him into a corner and tag in Joe Malenko. Dean Malenko gains control and has it for the next couple of minutes and then after Joe Malenko puts him in a full nelson, he tags me back in. A minute later and Dean Malenko slips away and tags Tonga Kid back in. After a couple of minutes of him attacking me with elbow and leg drops, I manage to slip away and tag Joe Malenko in. The Tonga Kid counters and tags in Dean Malenko. A minute later and Dean Malenko goes and tags in Tonga Kid. After Joe Malenko gets the upper hand he hits him with a gutwrench backbreaker and then a belly to belly wristlock and Tonga Kid submits. Dean Malenko comes in and gets Joe Malenko in a small package but Joe Malenko kicks out at the last second. He then sends him into the corner and tags me in. I hit Dean Malenko with the Bockwinkle Flurry and now Dean Malenko is bleeding. After I slip away from his head scissors I hit him with a double arm DDT but he kicks out of my pin attempt at the last second. I reverse his irish whip, hit him with a European uppercut, and then with a diving DDT and pin him for the victory. [b]Time - 24:00, Match Rating: C[/b] [color=red]Wednesday[/color] I'm double booked again so I take the first flight out and head towards Florida for CWF's CWF Beach Tour! show. When I finally arrived there I found that I would be going against Jack "the Stretcher" Hart in a singles match. The Purple Haze is in the locker room but I think that it would be wise to avoid him for now. My match begins and Jack Hart takes control and starts to dominate before trying to end the match early with a couple of pin attempts but each time I easily kick out. He continues to dominate the match until I am finally able to start to turn the tables against him around the 8:00 mark. Two minutes later he puts me in the figure four leglock but I don't give in. After a couple of minutes I am able to whip him into a corner and hit him with the Bockwinkle Flurry. I then grab him and hit him with a DDT but he is able to kick out of my pin attempt at the last second. I was lucky enough to avoid the bionic elbow and after I try to get the crowd involved I hit him with a short arm clothesline and slap the teioh lock on him but he doesn't submit. A few minutes later he sends me into the ropes with an irish whip but instead of him hitting me with a running knee aimed at my head Hart is on the receiving end of a seminole slam and I quickly cover him and get the three count for the win. [b]Time - 15:00, Match Rating: B-[/b]

Archived