Arlie help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;223791]The decline in your D ranking is a direct result of being one of only two teams playing that week. Your defensive number fell while the rest of the nation stayed the same.[/QUOTE] Even though we were the last two to be playing in the season/playoffs?

[QUOTE=::Morrelle::;223796]Hey, keep us updated. :D[/QUOTE] Just finished 2011 at 6-6 -- an improvement from 4-7 the previous two seasons. Notable win was an ugly defensive battle over Minnesota 15-3 in Bloomington. Even in our losses the team showed improvement with near misses against #14 Purdue (29-22), @ Ohio State (25-23), @ N'Western (41-34) and @ Iowa (27-17). In previous seasons these games were easily 3+ touchdown losses for us.

[QUOTE=::Morrelle::;223797]Even though we were the last two to be playing in the season/playoffs?[/QUOTE] What I'm saying is, the defensive averages for all the other teams remained the same and yours dropped. In a regular week some of those teams that you dropped below would have had their averages drop as well and you might not have fell so far.

[QUOTE=C-Bailey24;223869]Just finished 2011 at 6-6 -- an improvement from 4-7 the previous two seasons. Notable win was an ugly defensive battle over Minnesota 15-3 in Bloomington. Even in our losses the team showed improvement with near misses against #14 Purdue (29-22), @ Ohio State (25-23), @ N'Western (41-34) and @ Iowa (27-17). In previous seasons these games were easily 3+ touchdown losses for us.[/QUOTE] I won't take a top-ranked team anymore. I like the struggle at a lower-tier school and then seeing if I can improve upon their program, like you're doing. I think there's more satisfaction in that, watching them improve year to year, rather than mowing down the competition every week. :D

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;223929]What I'm saying is, the defensive averages for all the other teams remained the same and yours dropped. In a regular week some of those teams that you dropped below would have had their averages drop as well and you might not have fell so far.[/QUOTE] Gotcha' ;)

[QUOTE=::Morrelle::;223982]I won't take a top-ranked team anymore. I like the struggle at a lower-tier school and then seeing if I can improve upon their program, like you're doing. I think there's more satisfaction in that, watching them improve year to year, rather than mowing down the competition every week. :D[/QUOTE] Yea this is my second "challenge" per se. Trying to improve a dead program in one of the power conferences. I did a long one a while back with Wake Forest and the ACC was just brutal. The program seemed to hit a ceiling of sorts with our record usually topping out around the 6 or 7 win mark with two 10 win seasons sprinkled over the course of about 30 years. Now i started anew with Indiana with intentions on getting over that hump

Archived