Would love to set orders for individual players

Would love to set orders for individual players. Beside doing your team strategy for offense and defense for your whole team, i would love to see where you can set certain orders for each of your player on your team too.

orders for the players? perhaps templates could be used to make this easier: jim tressel/bobby bowden template: "please, son, stay out of jail 'till after the bowl game!" just one click and assign that to everyone!

Maybe he means like: If they have a stud WR, you set up your stud CB to match him on EVERY play. Or your MLB to shadow the RB, your FS to shadow the QB. Your DE to go against a certain OT each play, etc. I'd imagine it'd be very hard to do (if that's even what he means), but it'd be cool. Like in "The Program", player's assignments... "Kill the quarterback"

[QUOTE=Cirrinone]Maybe he means like: If they have a stud WR, you set up your stud CB to match him on EVERY play. Or your MLB to shadow the RB, your FS to shadow the QB. Your DE to go against a certain OT each play, etc. I'd imagine it'd be very hard to do (if that's even what he means), but it'd be cool. Like in "The Program", player's assignments... "Kill the quarterback"[/QUOTE] exactly :)

Well, the primary corner matches up against the AI's evaluation of the best WR. So, unless you want your best corner or LB to cover their second or third best opponent, you should be OK. Also, each play will have specific roles for players. So, if you want to "kill the QB" with your SLB, run a play that does it.

The CB matchup is already done by default, but I see his point, can you get a S or LB to always key an RB who gets the majority of the catches, or asign a "shadow" for a very mobile QB. I think with the frequency of mobile qb's in college it might be a good idea to have a QB spy option/percentage. On the playing time option thing, I'm not sure the point behind it. If your RB has poor lungs he isn't going to run it 30 times a game, so if you can "force" him to stay in the game, the penalty of fatigue should be significant imo. Playing madden its a joke to see the opponent get 45 carries a game because he has the slider turned all the way up... but then Madden *is* a joke. :)

Guest [Icy]
I would like to be able to select the primary receiver or a % to each receiver to be thrown. In FOF for example it's really hard to have a dominant TE because he doesn't almost get passes thrown. Also in FOF if you have an awesome FB, he will gets lots of passes thrown when maybe you preffer to send much more to your Flanker even him having a bit less quality than the FB. In resume, i want to be able to tell my QB to who should he throw more passes, of course he will have the last word into the game as he is who will launch the pass. This also could lead to another factor that would depend on the QB discipline and inteligence, some QB will ignore you as coach and you will need to decide if worths to keep it or not on the field even if he is an awesome athlete.

There are numerous ways to handle the receiver/runner issue in BBCF. First, you can decide not to deal with plays and set your team strategy for rushing to have RBs, FBs and QBs share the carries on whatever % you may like. For passing, you set a % of primary sets to hit your RB, FB, WR and TE/wingback. The next option is to set your playbooks with more plays that use your RB, FB or QB rushing and RB, FB, WR or TE/WB in passing. Finally, you can call your own plays in the game use choose plays there that target guys you want.

Archived