So can your popularity in a region fall even though you're putting on good shows? Right now the game world looks like this: Economy = E + (Falling) & Wrestling Industry = C - (Falling). I've only had three shows as SWF (2 TV Shows and One PPV) and those grades have all been B +'s. So I would think that my overall popularity would actually be increasing since the SWF starts with an overall popularity of B... However, I checked back today and I actually have lost popularity and now stand at a B -. So is it possible to lose popularity even if you are doing a good job with booking? I can foresee it happening since the economy and interest in the area is falling.. but didn't know for sure.

As a general rule, you have to put on a show of TWO grades higher than your popularity in order to increase it. One grade higher (or less) will generally reduce your popularity (if only by 0.1% per show) so if you started on the border of B and B- with SWF then losing just that 0.1% might well have dropped you to B-.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;222994]As a general rule, you have to put on a show of TWO grades higher than your popularity in order to increase it. One grade higher (or less) will generally reduce your popularity (if only by 0.1% per show) so if you started on the border of B and B- with SWF then losing just that 0.1% might well have dropped you to B-.[/QUOTE] I never have experienced that. Heck I have had my popularity gain even though it was at a B+ and I had a show of B it's rare, but has happened for me. Never once have lost popularity from putting on a great show.

[QUOTE=stupifY_me;223003]I never have experienced that. Heck I have had my popularity gain even though it was at a B+ and I had a show of B it's rare, but has happened for me. Never once have lost popularity from putting on a great show.[/QUOTE] Just because you get the message "This show should have increased your popularity" after a show, it does NOT mean that it increased it in all areas - some areas will possibly have lost popularity even while getting this message - the only way to be 100% sure is to check the exact % before and after the show in the editor.

I may be wrong, but I think that if you put on a show of a greater rating than you popularity, then your pop should increase. The popularity increase may not be significant, however - hence why you only get the message when you get a much better rating. As SWF, what sort of exposure do you have? Did you book shows that met your fans expectations? If you used a lot of women, for example, the show migt have been good - but the fans might not have liked it as I believe SWF doesn't have a women's division. My knowledge of SWF is pretty limited, but if your shows were straying away from the expectations of the fans, this may have caused a loss in popularity.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;223016]Just because you get the message "This show should have increased your popularity" after a show, it does NOT mean that it increased it in all areas - some areas will possibly have lost popularity even while getting this message - the only way to be 100% sure is to check the exact % before and after the show in the editor.[/QUOTE] I don't recall saying I got the message I believe I said my popularity increased. I check it after every show on my fed, and the workers a care about.

[QUOTE=James Casey;223024]I may be wrong, but I think that if you put on a show of a greater rating than you popularity, then your pop should increase. The popularity increase may not be significant, however - hence why you only get the message when you get a much better rating. As SWF, what sort of exposure do you have? Did you book shows that met your fans expectations? If you used a lot of women, for example, the show migt have been good - but the fans might not have liked it as I believe SWF doesn't have a women's division. My knowledge of SWF is pretty limited, but if your shows were straying away from the expectations of the fans, this may have caused a loss in popularity.[/QUOTE] You are correct... At least it works that way on my game. Never seen my self with a better rated show than my popularity, and lost pop just hasn't happened to me

Archived