Hollyweird Grappling Company: Revenge Of The Nerd

[B]The Vessey Brothers[/B] vs. Youth Gone Wild Chance Fortune (c) vs. [B]Freddy Huggins[/B] Donnie J vs. [B]Jimmy P[/B] Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c)[/B] Charlie Thatcher vs. [B]Bruce The Giant[/B] [B]American Buffalo[/B] vs. Rick Law vs. Rocky Golden (c) vs. Joel Bryant - [B]Rip Chord[/B] vs. Peter Valentine World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points award for guessing the each of the final four as well as the overall winner) Tommy Cornell, Dread, RDJ, Rip Chord Champ: Dread And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is: Steven Parker

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]The Vessey Brothers[/B] vs. Youth Gone Wild [B]Chance Fortune [/B](c) vs. Freddy Huggins [B]Donnie J[/B] vs. Jimmy P Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c)[/B] Charlie Thatcher vs. [B]Bruce The Giant[/B] [B]American Buffalo[/B] vs. Rick Law vs. Rocky Golden (c) vs. Joel Bryant [B]Rip Chord[/B] vs. Peter Valentine World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points award for guessing the each of the final four as well as the overall winner) Dread, Ricky Dale Johnson, Tommy Cornell, Troy Tornado Winner: RDJ And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is: Marc DuBois

The Vessey Brothers vs. [B]Youth Gone Wild[/B] Personally I think that Vesseys should win, but I reckon that Youth Gone Wild will, and then Hawkins gets a good run in the Main Event. Chance Fortune (c) vs. [B]Freddy Huggins[/B] It took me ages to realise - but Huggins is actually quite good. [B]Donnie J [/B]vs. Jimmy P On the other hand, Jimmy isn't. Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c)[/B] Now, sometime you've got to get the titles off The Machines so they can go into singles competition, but now is not the time. Especially as the Main Event gives them more exposure. [B]Charlie Thatcher[/B] vs. Bruce The Giant With help from Stallings new signing. Whoever that might be! American Buffalo vs. Rick Law vs. [B]Rocky Golden (c)[/B] vs. Joel Bryant Well, Rick Law can't win, otherwise you'd be one short in the Main Event. Apart from that, I'm really torn, and am tempted to go for American Buffalo. But I won't. [B]Rip Chord[/B] vs. Peter Valentine No major upset here World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points award for guessing the each of the final four as well as the overall winner) 1st out - either Stevie Grayson or TJ Bailey. What? Someone's got to win the preshow battle royale. 4th - Rip Chord - [I]the only time you'll get away with him working a match this long, so take advantage of it while you can.[/I] 3rd - RDJ 2nd - Dread [I]Dread elimanates RDJ, he gets his revenge[/I] Winner - [B]Tommy Cornell[/B] Stllings new recruit - [B]Nemesis[/B]. Has to be a big name, and Nemesis is certainly that.

[b]The Vessey Brothers[/b] vs. Youth Gone Wild I like the Vessey Brothers more. [b]Chance Fortune (c)[/b] vs. Freddy Huggins No reason, I just thought I'd take the chance... [b]Donnie J[/b] vs. Jimmy P I don't know why, but I always liked Donnie more *shruggs*. Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [b]The Machines (c)[/b] I prefer workers who can [i]wrestle[/i]. Charlie Thatcher vs. [b]Bruce The Giant[/b] C'mon, Bruce is a massively over! He has to win, right? American Buffalo vs. Rick Law vs. Rocky Golden (c) vs. [b]Joel Bryant[/b] I like Joel. [b]Rip Chord[/b] vs. Peter Valentine I hate Valentine. World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal - Rip, Dread, RDJ, [b]Cornell[/b] It's his Universe, dammit. And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is: I'll say DuBois too.

[B]The Vessey Brothers[/B] vs. Youth Gone Wild Chance Fortune (c) vs. [B]Freddy Huggins[/B] [B]Donnie J[/B] vs. Jimmy P Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c)[/B] Charlie Thatcher vs. [B]Bruce The Giant[/B] American Buffalo vs. Rick Law vs. Rocky Golden (c) vs. [B]Joel Bryant[/B] [B]Rip Chord[/B] vs. Peter Valentine World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points awarded for guessing each of the final four as well as the overall winner) Final Four: Tommy Cornell, RDJ, Dread, Rip Chord Overall Winner: [B]Tommy Cornell[/B] And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is:I'll copy Tiger's pick, and say Jim Force, even though I actually think that to be incorrect. But I seem to be the Jim Force guy, so an appropriate pick by me.

[LEFT][B]The Vessey Brothers[/B] vs. Youth Gone Wild [B]Chance Fortune (c)[/B] vs. Freddy Huggins Donnie J vs. [B]Jimmy P [/B]Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c) [/B]Charlie Thatcher vs. [B]Bruce The Giant[/B] American Buffalo vs. Rick Law vs. [B]Rocky Golden (c)[/B] vs. Joel Bryant [B]Rip Chord[/B] vs. Peter Valentine World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points awarded for guessing each of the final four as well as the overall winner) [B]4th - RDJ[/B] [B]3rd - Cornell[/B] [B]2nd - Dread[/B] [B]1st - Bryan Vessey[/B] And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is: [B]Sean McFly[/B] [/LEFT]

Best dynasty ever. Great job. [Prediction Key] [B]The Vessey Brothers[/B] vs. Youth Gone Wild [B]Chance Fortune (c)[/B] vs. Freddy Huggins [B]Donnie J[/B] vs. Jimmy P Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c)[/B] Charlie Thatcher vs. [B]Bruce The Giant[/B] [B]American Buffalo[/B] vs. Rick Law vs. Rocky Golden (c) vs. Joel Bryant [B]Rip Chord[/B] vs. Peter Valentine World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points awarded for guessing each of the final four as well as the overall winner) 4th-Law 3rd-RDJ 2nd-Dread Winner-Cornell And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is: Jack Bruce, of course.

[quote=Actarus;242297] And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is:I'll copy Tiger's pick, and say Jim Force, even though I actually think that to be incorrect. But I seem to be the Jim Force guy, so an appropriate pick by me.[/quote] To be honest I have no idea who it could be, though I'm guessing it's a big name star, though it would be funny if it turns out to be some cornellverse no hoper like Bob Casey. I said Jim Force, because he seems to be the cult favourite on these boards but perhaps he's been done to death and nothing could possibly top him getting knocked out by a chair soaked in his own Forcechlorians in Monkeypox's DAVE diary.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;242649]To be honest I have no idea who it could be, though I'm guessing it's a big name star, though it would be funny if it turns out to be some cornellverse no hoper like Bob Casey. I said Jim Force, because he seems to be the cult favourite on these boards but perhaps he's been done to death and nothing could possibly top him getting knocked out by a chair soaked in his own Forcechlorians in Monkeypox's DAVE diary.[/QUOTE] Oh Jeez! I didn't word it well, but I hope you didn't interpret what I wrote as: "I'll go with Tiger's pick because I think we're wrong." lol. Like yourself, I have NO CLUE who it is, though to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Sebsplex has laid out subtle clues throughout, and they just went over my (our?) collective head(s). As for Jim Force getting knocked out by urine soaked chairs...not even I could have come up with something like that! Talk about an earth shaking, Force filled event! I may have to reference that when I get around to writing another entry (which will probably be five more weeks...:( ). C'est la vie.

[QUOTE=Actarus;242667]Like yourself, I have NO CLUE who it is, though to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Sebsplex has laid out subtle clues throughout, and they just went over my (our?) collective head(s).[/QUOTE] Well there was the subtle clue that Jim Force is now on a written contract with SWF buried somewhere earlier in the thread. ;) Thanks for the good response on the predictions front guys, although somewhere Peter Valentine is weeping. As a status report, I'm probably about 70% done on the write-up for Malice In Wonderland. I'm intending to post a majority of the show first and then post the Battle Royal and closing segment as a seperate post (I haven't started either yet and want to avoid the temptation to rush just to get the overall show posted). Also, I have completed a full body render of Stalling's secretive signing to upload with the first set of results, which if I'm honest with myself, I'm pretty pleased with.

The Vessey Brothers vs. [B]Youth Gone Wild[/B] - difficult one this, with one star on either side. But since Larry always drags Bryan down in normal C-Verse games, I'll go with YGW for the win and Bryan to turn on Larry for costing him the match. [B]Chance Fortune (c)[/B] vs. Freddy Huggins - no particular reason except that he has only just won the title so not gonna drop it quite yet. [B]Donnie J[/B] vs. Jimmy P - to be honest, I really don't care, just a random pick lol Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c)[/B] - again, not dropping the titles yet cos they are just that damn good [B]Charlie Thatcher[/B] vs. Bruce The Giant - dunno why, just see an upset here, maybe through your new signing's interference American Buffalo vs. Rick Law vs. [B]Rocky Golden (c)[/B] vs. Joel Bryant - another recent title change so some kind of cheating / fortuitous victory for Rocky [B]Rip Chord [/B]vs. Peter Valentine - agree with everyone else - Valentine isn't the man to de-rail Rip World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points awarded for guessing each of the final four as well as the overall winner) - well let's be honest, you haven't stripped Tommy of the title to give it straight back to him, so he will finish runner up to Dread, who works with Tommy throughout, and then double crosses TC to win instead of allowing TC to regain. [B]So winner is Dread, 2nd Cornell, 3rd RDJ, 4th Wolf Hawkins[/B] And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is: [B]Jack Bruce[/B]

The Vessey Brothers vs. [B]Youth Gone Wild[/B] - Can see Wolf Hawkins getting a pinfall over Bryan Vessey, leading to a singles drudge match at the next PPV. [B]Chance Fortune (c)[/B] vs. Freddy Huggins - As Rob said it was a recent title victory, plus I feel that Fortune just fits the All Action belt better. [B]Donnie J[/B] vs. Jimmy P - The rest of my predictions are very much heel-based, so I'll say Donny for this one. Liberty & Giant Tana vs. [B]The Machines (c)[/B] - Since Liberty and Tana aren't yet established as a team. Charlie Thatcher vs. [B]Bruce The Giant[/B] - I dunno, just never dug Charlie Thatcher, myself. American Buffalo vs. Rick Law vs. [B]Rocky Golden (c)[/B] vs. Joel Bryant - As somebody else said earlier, I would've gone with Rick Law if he hadn't already gotten a spot in the Battle Royal. I can see Rick moving up to the main event after MIW and Rocky retaining, feuding with the other two. [B]Rip Chord[/B] vs. Peter Valentine - Chord wins via a tainted finish. I don't think Rip can be beaten this early in the angle, and as Rob said, Peter Valentine ain't the guy to do it. World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal (points awarded for guessing each of the final four as well as the overall winner) [b]Dread comes 4th, RDJ comes 3rd, Rick Law comes 2nd, Cornell wins[/b] And for a bonus point: J.K. Stalling Jr’s newest recruit is: [B]Eddie Peak[/B]

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;243018]What with the love that you've given my dynasty, I ought to let you know that I've just caught up, and I'm loving it. You're a fantastic writer, and this is really enjoyable to read.[/QUOTE] Thanks man. I've got quite a few dynasties to catch up with, including your last show, but I'll get to those over the weekend sometime as well as a couple of other things I'm yet to do. I'm going post the first part of Malice In Wonderland tonight. The second part won't be anywhere near as long, but will simply be a couple of segments, plus the Battle Royal and the closing finale... plus I'll have to sit down and work out the scores from all the predictions.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/MIWlogo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][B][I][COLOR="Black"]Malice In Wonderland:[/COLOR][COLOR="Gray"]PPV 001[/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/FONT][COLOR="Gray"] In 1995 the Hollyweird Grappling Company premiered Malice In Wonderland, a Pay Per View that would crown the first World Heavyweight Champion in the fledgling promotion's history. During that time a previously uninvolved billionaire shook the industry to its core by handing life changing sums of money to a select few names who insisted they be positioned at the top of the cards, promising to lead the company to greatness in return. The billionaire was respected to a point, but if he had one sin, it was that he let many of the workers get away with too much... establishing a glass ceiling that hindered the true evolution of HGC. The fans still ate it up, unaware of the agendas that existed behind the scenes as the same names continued to dominate, intent on preserving their own spots at the expense of the rising talent that their wealthy owner acquired to compliment their starpower. Twelve years on and the Hollyweird Grappling Company find themselves staring history in the face, with several of the roles reversed. [/COLOR][/CENTER] The slick video package that set the tone for the evening was succeeded by enough fireworks to put any of the recent New Years Eve parties around the world to shame. Once the pyrotechnic bombardment ceased, the lights rose and the arena roared. The announcers chimed in with their thoughts on the action that lay in store, it was all pretty standard fare as Jason Azaria and Danny Jillefski slipped into their increasingly familiar double act. “Welcome to Malice In Wonderland, we’re LIVE in the Stallings International Entertainment Arena…” Azaria began, still habitually revealing the location of the event as if it were in doubt. “Now here’s a little fact you may not know…” “Hold that thought, Aslan…” Jillefski cut in, using his new ‘bit’ to irritate his colleague by referring to him as the lion from the Chronicles Of Narnia, a story that the original USPW owner actually despised with a passion. “I’m being told that our fearless leader, Phil Vibert, is en route as we speak, but first we’ve got an opening match to call…” [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/BryanVessey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/LarryVessey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/WolfHawkins.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/StevieGrayson_alt.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U] Opening Match: The Vessey Brothers versus. Youth Gone Wild[/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] Youth Gone Wild lived up to their moniker by bursting onto the set, heads down and surging towards the squared circle. Out of the pair, Wolf Hawkins was considered far more than an opening act, but management had grown fond of the strong pop he and Grayson drew. Start the crowd off hot and positive, part of the globally recognised peaks and trough approach. The reunited Vessey Brothers entered second, also drawing a sizable welcome from the Hollyweird faithful, even if their reaction leant more to nostalgia. Proceedings soon came full circle with Larry Vessey opting to tag in his younger brother, having had little luck dealing with Hawkins himself. Bryan Vessey took a more methodical approach, working on Hawkin’s neck, which he surmised would be the youngster’s most Achilles heel and still smarting from his attack on the season premiere. Hawkins ducked a Vessey Line and rebounded with a running neck snap, then tagged in Stevie Grayson who would go on to become the face in peril with the Vesseys dipping into their well of experience and to term a wrestling cliché, cutting the ring in half. With his younger sibling distracting the official, Larry Vessey smashed Grayson’s left leg against the ringpost multiple times, leaving the cruiserweight favouring the limb considerably. Jillefski quipped that Vibert might not be the only individual hobbling around the arena with one good leg, prompting Azaria to remind the viewers that the General Manager had yet to reach the event. Grayson mounted a minor comeback around the seven minute mark, awkwardly bulldogging the elder Vessey brother to the canvas. In a futile attempt to gain momentum, the cap-wearing superstar delayed making a much needed tag and attempted one final offensive manoeuvre… only to leap/hop straight into a Sick Cycle. Larry Vessey went for the cover following his finisher, only for Hawkins to make a diving intervention. Seeing this interference Bryan Vessey broke protocol and entered the ring only to be blocked off by the referee. Perhaps yet to fully transition back to tag team wrestling, the younger Vessey brother unwittingly gave Hawkins a window of opportunity that he utilised to dim Larry Vessey’s lights with a Full Moon Rising. Both the legal men were down, prompting a crawl to their respective partners, both of whom were champing at the bit to get the all important hand slap. Larry reached Bryan first, but Grayson mustered enough energy to make the hot tag to Hawkins. The Wolfen One was the typical ‘house en fuergo!’ as Jillefski called in a comic fashion. Hawkins took both Vesseys down with a double dropkick, then threw the eldest sibling to the outside, leaving him with his recent nemesis, Bryan Vessey. A violent exchange and a couple of nearfalls followed, with Larry Vessey becoming the latest worker to make the last gasp save. Grayson staggered in to dispatch the eldest of the Vesseys, leaving Hawkins to concentrate on the other half of the six time tag team champions. Downing Bryan Vessey with a seated face plant, Hawkins went to the top turnbuckle and launched himself at the former PGHW’er … right into a Vessey Line! Having turned the youngster inside out, Bryan Vessey hooked the leg for the crucial fall. [B] Winners: The Vessey Brothers (via pinfall on Wolf Hawkins) Match Rating: C+ [/B] Larry Vessey rejoined his brother in the ring, the latter standing over Hawkins as if he were a fresh kill. Kneeling down, Bryan Vessey raised his defeated opponent’s head for what Azaria feared was the start of further punishment, but Vessey unexpectedly just held Hawkins for a moment and then released him. An act of rare mercy or maybe an example of newly formed respect, Bryan Vessey led his brother from the ring and left Grayson to tend to his fallen partner. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Heads turned as the wheels of Phil Vibert's wheelchair squeaked across the marble floors of the Hollyweird Back Lot. Some workers tried to shield that they'd spotted the General Manager arrive, turning to face walls, drinks fountains or any object that wasn't in the stricken charge's direction. Others couldn't help but stare as Charlie Thatcher, flanked by Emma Chase, wheeled their boss through the mesh of personnel, trying to second guess what consequences awaited. The East Coast War veteran had been forced to enter the complex through the main driveway, the helipad wasn't as easily accessible given his current situation. This in turn meant that he had to pass several of the rank and file superstars and workers, several of which should have taken a degree of responsibility for this past Tuesday's shameful closing scenes. Overall security was far more prevalent tonight with management intent on maintaining some form of order, although not at Vibert’s request... it was merely duct tape. Hardly a word was uttered amongst the onlookers, at least none audible to the General Manager. "Ignore them. They just don't know how to react." Chase tried to reassure Vibert as they navigated through some of the construction equipment that still clogged up the Back Lot. Phil Vibert had yet to become accustomed to the wheelchair in which he found himself. He had however developed one hell of an inferiority complex in regard to his condition. The physical pain he could live with, this wasn't the first time he'd been hurt during the line of duty. The psychological effects were a different matter. The General Manager had become convinced that his predicament reduced his power, his authority. Everyone now looked down on him as if he were less to behold. Even cruiserweights like the nearby Kazuma Narato towered over him; able to bowl him out of his chair with ease should the desire take them. In a realm where he already felt powerless, having to handle the growing dilemma that threatened to engulf Hollyweird now seemed an insurmountable task. "Is my office ready?" The General Manager asked bluntly, growing more uncomfortable by the minute. "It's still being renovated, but..." His personal assistant began hesitantly, knowing the delay in progress would not be to her boss’s liking. "Just take me away from here!" He snapped, wary of those around him. Chase bit her tongue as Thatcher wheeled him towards their designated quarters. The dark attitude and foul mood the General Manager had adopted in recent days had become tiresome. "Careful there, Ironside!" Rip Chord warned, having narrowly avoided a collision with the wheelchair as both parties turned the corner. "Why I..." Vibert began, with no real intent to finish his sentence. Instead, he just hung his head and urged Thatcher to resume pushing. The MAW owner shook his head with exaggerated dismay, before continuing on his journey in the opposite direction. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Giant Tana sat backstage munching away, the several fast food containers strewn around his feet provided some barometer as to how long he’d been there. Even as his first ever title shot in HGC beckoned, he still had the capacity to consume more cheeseburgers than the average man. The large Samoan had felt the sharp pang of anxiety and that in turn made him hungry. "Nervous, big dude?" Liberty asked, approaching his partner and clearly concealing something behind his back. “Tana doesn’t want to let you down...” The Samoan bleated, biting another chunk from his calorie-laden snack. “Working together… Tana not so good at.” “Don’t sweat it buddy, check these out!” The Floridian presented his partner with a rolled up blue jersey, which Tana gleefully unfolded. "Team Funk You!" The Samoan exclaimed after examining the design on the front. "Radical, eh?" Liberty added as Tana nodded with approval. "And dude... I sealed us some matching headbands too!" Tana lowered his head as if he were preparing to be knighted. Having snapped on the 'TFU' headband, Liberty stood back to admire his handiwork. "Awesome... now we're tight." [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Back at the announce desk, Azaria recapped the dark show qualification match (aided by replayed footage) that saw several members of the HGC undercard scramble for the shot of a lifetime that only one of the workers would be able to seize. The closing stages saw Aaron Andrews call upon the flying crossbody press that had defeated Joel Bryant four days ago. On this occasion however, it was the key to his downfall as his own momentum carried him straight through TJ Bailey and resulted in the visor-wearing youngster somehow rolling through to score the unexpected pin. Nobody seemed more surprised than Bailey, who against all logic, could end the night as the World Heavyweight Champion. The next bout was preceded by a video package that encapsulated the feud. It was of the usual high-end production value standard that typified the HGC product and would be replicated for each match set to follow. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/ChanceFortune.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/FreddyHuggins.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U] All Action Championship Match: Chance Fortune (c) versus. Freddy Huggins [/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] Freddy Huggins entered first, as all good challengers do, unaccompanied for this particular outing. Either he'd deliberately decided he didn't need additional female distractions at ringside or he simply hadn't gotten lucky in the past few nights out on the town. Intending to complete a hat trick of title defences against Huggy, Chance Fortune made his entrance and handed the All Action gold to the official for safekeeping until he'd seen off Huggin's latest attempt to claim the belt as his own. The contest began with a high tempo; both men listed their speed as one of their more notable attributes, so it was little surprise. An early Indy stand-off drew applause from the fans only for Huggins to cheapshot the champion shortly afterwards and gain the upper hand for the next minute or so. With the increasing period of control, the characteristic arrogance of the challenger came to the fore and nearly saw him succumb to a victory roll. Whilst Huggins enjoyed a time out at ringside, Rocky Golden sauntered down the aisle to join his partner... only for both members of Gold & Delicious to be on the receiving end of a plancha courtesy of Fortune. With Huggins thrown back inside the squared circle and the referee's eyes averted, Golden pulled Fortune down from the apron and hurled the All Action champion into the steel steps... an act that drew Rick Law from the back. The police officer forced Golden into a tactical retreat and evened the odds, allowing Fortune to focus fully on Huggins. The finishing sequence came on eleven minutes at a time when Fortune's grip on his championship appeared to be slipping. Ducking an attempted finishing Huggins Kiss from his opponent, Fortune mimicked the move and nailed the challenger with a devastating superkick of his own. [B]Winner: Chance Fortune (via pinfall) Match Rating: C- [/B] Thinking on his feet, Azaria labelled the move the 'Good Luck Kiss' playing on Huggin's finisher and Fortune's 'Lucky' persona. The champion celebrated with his All Action strap, leaving Jillefski to claim that Fortune had lived up to his reputation by fluking three consecutive wins over Huggins. Golden tried to console his partner on the outside, even though he hoped to replicate Fortune's feat and retain his own belt later on. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Tommy Cornell stood in front of the Hollyweird backdrop, exuding confidence ahead of the Battle Royal later in the evening. Preparing for her imminent interview segment Blonde Bombshell, dressed in a beautiful black sequin gown and matching stilettos, was positioned to the former TCW figurehead's left when the feed joined them. "Tommy Cornell, tonight you have the opportunity to reclaim the World Heavyweight Championship. Keeping in mind that we now know both the Vessey Brothers and TJ Bailey are now confirmed as entrants, what are your thoughts ahead of tonight's match, which some are calling a repeat of history?" The interviewer asked, aiming her microphone at Cornell. "You mean when I reclaim MY World Heavyweight Championship, right? Because you see, I never actually lost the title... Phil Vibert stole it from me to try and make his own pitiful mark here in HGC!" The former champion barked, citing the controversial incident at the season premiere. "Oh he might have left his mark... well, more of a decaying stain, but at my expense! Tonight is the night where I right that wrong and..." Cornell paused, curious as to why Floyd Goldworthy and the American Buffalo had invited themselves to the set. "Hold the phone, Tommy-Boy!" Goldworthy grinned, stepping to the fore. "You might have a score settle with the boss, but my client will be the superstar taking home the World Championship!" The former TCW figurehead took one look at the nodding American Buffalo and then returned his focus to Goldworthy with a sly smile on his face. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Patriotic Wildebeest hasn't actually qualified for the Battle Royal yet, has he?" "Not yet..." Goldworthy initially stammered. "…but he will, mark my words!" Cornell took another glance towards the snorting Buffalo, then back to the manbeast's manager. "You should have stuck to managing boy bands!" He laughed, belittling Goldworthy in front of his client before opting to remove himself from the conversation. The former Painful Procedure manager tried to summon forth a witty rebuttal, but Cornell was well out of earshot by that point. Turning back to the American Buffalo, Goldworthy smiled nervously, recalling the tale of glory he’d spun for his client at the turn of the year and realising that he would soon have to deliver it. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/JamesPrudence.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/DonnieJ.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U] Falls Count Anywhere Match: James Prudence versus. Donnie J [/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] The broadcast remained backstage as Azaria was informed via his headset that the next match had started prematurely. The cameras caught up with James Prudence dragging Donnie J through the Back Lot, having ambushed him off stage. The designated referee for their match (that's Eugene Williams for those taking notes) was on the scene to confirm proceedings were officially underway as Jimmy P bowled his former partner over a technicians table, entangling him in a mass of wires. Their battle was to span the area, with Donnie being forced into the ladies bathroom by his foe, only to successfully counter a swirly and flush Prudence's flowing blonde locks instead. Jillefski commented that it was like watching a flashback of Kyle Rhodes high school days. Drenched and craving to outdo his former partner, Jimmy P took his efforts to the MAX by grabbing a shaken bottle of Pepsi and dousing Donnie with the contents as they brawled into the exclusive in-house restaurant area known as Planet Hollyweird. Sticky and temporarily without vision, Donnie was clubbed with a whole salmon for a near fall. Rhodes felt dirty and used having to call the exchange as Prudence tried to blind his foe with a handful of deviled eggs to the eyes. Azaria called the act vile, not deviled. With the patrons maintaining a safe distance from the former Fly Boys, Donnie sent Jimmy crashing into a condiments stand and then brained him with an ice sculpted swan from the nearby block of tables. Clambering onto the highest platform available, Donnie J landed the Death On Miami Beach to put away his rival in the middle of packed out, upper crust feed bucket. [B]Winner: Donnie J (via pinfall) Match Rating: C+ [/B] Donnie celebrated after nine minutes of sprawling action, toasting himself with a nearby c0cktail whilst Prudence tried to remember exactly where he was. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Youth Gone Wild were embroiled in a heated conversation when the feed joined them. Wolf Hawkins laid the blame for their defeat against the Vessey Brothers squarely at the door of Stevie Grayson, which was interesting in itself considering it wasn't Grayson who launched himself straight into the waiting Vessey Line. "My fault!?" Grayson remonstrated. "I wasn't the one in there getting his ass dropped and pinned!" Knowing that the cap wearing superstar had made a perfectly valid point, Hawkins kicked the locker in frustration. "You know what? I never asked for your help!" Hawkins spat, turning his back on his partner and heading out of the room. "...and I don't need it!" [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Elsewhere in the Back Lot, Blonde Bombshell continued on her quest to get pre-match thoughts from those already qualified for tonight's Battle Royal. Ricky Dale Johnson was the next name on her checklist and proved effectively easy to find. She caught up with the big Texan exchanging a few words with Rick Law, both men looking relatively calm considering their prospective workloads. Cutting his standard speech, RDJ promised to do his utmost to bring home the World Heavyweight Championship. "I wear my heart on my sleeve and come the end of the night, I'll be wearing the gold around my waist." The Texan confirmed, leaving the interviewer to press Law for a similar insight. "Well you see..." The former International Champion was distracted by the current International Champion as Rocky Golden approached, sniffing the air. "Is that the smell of cooked bacon in the air?" Golden remarked, in an indirect way of referring to Law as a pig. "I believe it is!" Law stood his ground and asked his rival if he'd had his car fixed yet. "Yeah, that's funny Law... you might have got yourself a place in the Battle Royal, but I'm gonna beat you in our match and then I'm going to dump you out of the ring later on!" Golden vowed, pointing a finger at Law and then directing the same digit to Johnson. "And if you get in my way redneck, I'll dump you on your ass as well!" "You couldn't jus' let him win could you?" RDJ smiled to Law as Golden trooped off with his belt, having issued his threat. "That there kid needs a taste of Southern Justice." [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/Liberty.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/TanaTheMighty.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/HumanArsenal.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/BrentHill.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U] Tag Team Championship Match: Team Funk You! versus. The Machines (c) [/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] Clad in similar apparel and sporting their new headbands, Liberty and Giant Tana certainly looked more like viable contenders to the Tag Team straps. Having warranted their opportunity at the gold via a triumph in singles competition, the jury on 'Team Funk You!' as a collective was still out. In truth, Liberty and Tana had donated more time towards their new super-secret team handshake than they had to any meaningful tandem offence, but with the crowd firmly planted in their corner and a prevailing sense of occasion, the ingredients for an upset were all present. The Machines still maintained an air of superiority over their odd-couple opponents, something they made clear when inside the ring, removing their belts with the conviction that they'd be reattaching them in five minutes time. Liberty and Wrestling Machine #1 set the bout in motion, the opening exchanges a carbon copy of their previous encounters with the Floridian on the receiving end of fluid counters and suplexes. Unexpectedly, Liberty nearly delivered the Liberation Slam to the superstar-formerly-known-as-Human Arsenal, only for his partner to intervene. Liberty whipped Wrestling Machine #2 into the ropes and executed some leaping pose that could only be described as a tribute to Eddie Van Halen, before giving the rebounding co-champion a spinebuster. Waddling in from the opposing side, Tana knocked Wrestling Machine #1 to the outside, which ultimately wasn't useful, but did give he and Liberty the chance to high five. The Machines took some time to recompose themselves on the outside, admitting for the first time that they may have underestimated their headband wearing foes. Brent Hill was tagged in, but fared little better as Liberty rocked him with a series of 'Liberty Big Left Hands' and brought Tana into the contest. Jillefski compared the Samoan to the loser kid on the junior soccer team... everyone wanted to see him get a few minutes of action at the end, but you didn't want him to be involved much when it actually mattered in regards to the game, because he'd probably screw up (again, much like Kyle Rhodes high school days). The mighty Tana threw his weight around well enough at first, but a miscalculation saw Wrestling Machine #2 hot shot the big Samoan onto the ropes. From that point The Machines shifted gears and moved into their stride by taking Tana apart with measured double-team attacks, which included an impressive backsuplex/neckbreaker combo. Liberty was on hand to make the saves when required, but the Team Funk You! cause seemed an increasingly hopeless one until Tana flapjacked both his opponents and rolled over to make the tag. Suddenly the pendulum swung back to the challengers as Liberty cleaned up with a running bulldog and a neckbreaker on each of The Machines. Human Arsenal was now the legal man, causing Liberty to target him with a front slam before involving Tana again. The Samoan squished Wrestling Machine #1 with a leg drop and made the cover, forcing Brent Hill to break the fall up. A Mongolian chop sent him packing, leaving Tana to wait for Liberty to position the other half of the champions in the turnbuckles. The Floridian was forced back to his corner by the referee, leaving Tana to build up a head of steam for a Big Fat Samoan Avalanche... the fun-loving Samoan could almost taste Tag Team gold. In fact, he did taste the metallic symbols of achievement as Wrestling Machine #2 clambered onto the apron and blasted the onrushing Tana with one of the championship belts. As the former GCG'er wobbled, Human Arsenal caught his second wind and Ammo Dumped his team to victory. [B]Winners: The Machines (via pinfall on Giant Tana) Match Rating: B- [/B] Dumbfounded as to how the match slipped from their grasp, Liberty went to console his partner as the champions departed with their status intact. Azaria cried foul, but he knew the result would stand and despite their best efforts, Team Funk You! would be leaving Malice In Wonderland empty-handed. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] The ongoing construction work had been a hot topic of conversation amongst the worker bees who buzzed inside the prefabricated hive otherwise known as the Stallings International Entertainment Arena. Holed up inside his locker room, Dread was carrying out some renovations of his own as he pounded the east wall with a maintained ferocity. Amidst the repetitive thudding sounds of his fists slamming into the plaster, Blonde Bombshell attempted to brave the threshold and conduct an interview with the former PGHW monster. "Excuse me Dread..." She said, nervously dangling the microphone inside. "Can you give us your thoughts on tonight's main event?" No response. "Who do you view as more of a threat in the match? Tommy Cornell? Ricky Dale Johnson? TJ Bail..." The four hundred pounder ceased his relentless pummelling and gave the interviewer the briefest of glares before driving his right hand straight through the wall. He withdrew his club-like fist without a flinch, sprinkling plaster dust on the floor. By coincidence, Blonde Bombshell revaluated her decision to disturb him during this time and closed the door behind her. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] "Unlock this door, Phil!" Emma Chase demanded, pounding her fist against the frame. "You've got to snap out of this!" Placing his thick arm forward as an obstacle, Charlie Thatcher told her to desist. "Mr Vibert has requested to be left alone." The General Manager's bodyguard grunted, having already been turfed out of the temporary facility. Unlike him, Chase was less easily dismissed. "You can't just hide in there all night!" She said, having now resorted to kicking the base of the door. "This has got to be dealt with!" A resounding silence came from the other side, where Phil Vibert simply sat in his wheelchair in near darkness. The only source of light illuminating the contours of his worn face came from the monitor that re-aired the closing moments of Tuesday Night Wrestling in it's grisly entirety. He wanted to see the billionaire's next move… then he would reveal his own hand. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] For the sake of glorified filler, a brief segment recorded earlier in the evening aired, displaying various fans being questioned about the identity of Hollyweird's latest megastar, an individual who Stalling's had promised to unveil at some time during the event. The guesses included names such as the legendary Nemesis, Sean McFly and even Jim Force, all of which Jillefski poured scorn one as soon as the package had concluded. When Azaria questioned his co-announcer to reveal who he believed the new signing was, Jillefski simply tapped the temple of his head... which Azaria assumed meant the former USPW owner would simply pretend he knew once the individual had made themselves known. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/AmericanBuffalo.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/RickLaw.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/RockyGolden.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/JoelBryant.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U] International Championship Four Way Match: American Buffalo versus. Rick Law versus. Rocky Golden (c) versus. Joel Bryant[/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] Each participant got to enjoy their full entrance routine, leaving the champion as the last man to walk out. Drained of the confidence he'd been exhibiting throughout the month, Rocky Golden trudged down the aisle, feeling the gaze of his three opponents all fall upon him. Azaria suggested that Golden's reign would have been in less jeopardy had he simply fronted up to Law and Bryant weeks ago. Instead he'd ducked their challenges and now he faced both men as well as the American Buffalo whose roll of victories over the likes of Peter Valentine and Giant Tana had brought him to the dance. The bell sounded, giving Law and Bryant the cue to go straight for the evasive champion. Bryant got his hands on Golden, but the American Buffalo sideswiped the police officer with a hard shoulder tackle. As is typical in such contests, the match often saw two competitors squaring off inside the ring at intervals where the other competitors had been condemned to the outside. The first face off rested with Bryant and Buffalo, the larger superstar dictating the flow of the exchange with series of clubbing blows. A failed running body smash attempt saw Bryant manipulate Floyd Goldworthy's client into a One Shot Drop from out of nowhere. The Tag Team Specialist went for the cover, but Golden dragged him off of his prone victim and tried to steal the fall himself only for Law to then intervene. It was a pattern that would repeat and ultimately spare the worker on the receiving end as Law and Golden were now paired off at the six minute mark. This was the combination that the crowd had anticipated witnessing the most, seeing Law finally get his hands on the champion, backed by the legality of the contest. The two slugged it out, with Law asserting his authority and sending Golden to the ropes... Squad Car Slam for the two count. Winding back for the Long Arm Of The Law, Law was intercepted by American Buffalo who locked him in a bearhug. Law broke free, ducked a blow from Buffalo and rebounded with the Long Arm Of The Law. Immediately Goldworthy leapt onto the apron to protest, but received a swift right hand from Law to knock him back down. From the opposite side, Freddy Huggins materialised and dived into the ring... walking straight into a Squad Car Slam that saw him roll back out in agony. Turning back to his prone opponent, Law got caught off guard by Bryant who executed his second One Shot Drop of the bout... but found himself chewing on Golden's boot as the young hoss ploughed straight through him. Hoisting the challenger above his head, Golden press-slammed Bryant over the top rope and onto the recovering Goldworthy, before returning to cover Law for the three count... aided by the fact that Huggins held both of the former champion's legs down from ringside. [B]Winner: Rocky Golden (via pinfall on Rick Law) Match Rating: C [/B] Golden and Huggins fled like thieves in the night as the other participants pieced together what had happened. Fuming, the American Buffalo tried to locate his manager and found him, still trapped underneath the carcass of Joel Bryant, unable to move. Now sitting up, Rick Law now felt a renewed determination to topple Golden from his International pedestal. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Troy Tornado rapidly hammered the left mouse button to increase his forcellian count. Occupied by the World of WarForce, the former Painful Procedure singer's time would have been better spent monitoring developments in the arena even if he had just penetrated the Tower of Force-dor. Blonde Bombshell had already been turned away for the evening, but Tornado now found the remnants of his former band assembled behind his couch. Tornado continued his online gaming until Billy Jack Shearer pulled the modem cable out. "Fine... The glare from Ran-dolt Hopkirk's head on the monitor was distracting me from my n00b pwning anyway!" Tornado said, heaving a sigh as the 'gameplay pending' message flashed on the screen. "Well what can I do for you then, losers?" "We've been to see Vibert to tell him we've accepted your challenge." Ronnie V Pain revealed. "What challenge?" "Last week you said that you'd line all three of us up and go through us all in one night." Hopkirk added, relishing the fact that Tornado still hadn't done the math. "This Tuesday, you're going to get your chance..." "In a three on one handicap match!" Billy Jack Shearer chimed in. "And you're the one!" The band mates departed with a final and very insincere 'good luck for later' directed to Tornado who was now left clutching at straws, incapable of accepting that the lumbering trio had outsmarted him. "Good! I'll send you all packing... I friggin' made you! Jack Bruce was a poor man's Troy Tornado! You hear me? I'm going to be the new World Champion, bitches!" His goading would have been more effective had the rest of Painful Procedure not already left. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/CharlieThatcher.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/BrucetheGiant.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U]Charlie Thatcher versus. Bruce The Giant [/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] Charlie Thatcher was already inside the ring when the feed returned, his true fear disguised by his dark glasses as he watched the former BHOTWG icon lumber towards the ring. Vibert’s bodyguard was all over Bruce The Giant, like white on rice, from the moment the seven footer stepped over the top rope. This opening flurry of offence reduced the massive Australian to one knee, prompting Thatcher to hit the ropes in order to build up momentum for a running boot, but Bruce waffled him with a huge right hand. From that point on, the seven footer bossed the contest and despite Thatcher's best efforts, the head of security was put out of his misery with a Giant Chokeslam at around three minutes. [B]Winner: Bruce The Giant (via pinfall) Match Rating: C [/B] Jillefski feigned a beneath-desk search to unearth a fictional spatula that could peel Thatcher off of the mat, leaving Azaria to pose the serious question of what would happen shoulder Bruce The Giant triumph in the Battle Royal if rumours of his departure proved true. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] A teaser video for 'The War To Settle The Score' aired. HGC's next supercard was inbound on the forth week of February, to which date the Stallings International Entertainment Arena would play host. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Bruce The Giant towered over Blonde Bombshell backstage, dabbing his forehead with a white towel that looked more like a small dish rag in his large hand. "Bruce, the word here down in the Back Lot is that tonight will be your final night competing here in Hollyweird. Can you confirm this?" The interviewer questioned, holding the microphone well above her head. "These whispers are true..." Bruce began, dragging his words almost as slowly as he now moved inside the squared circle. "After this event, I will return to USPW." "But what does that mean for the World Championship should you win it?" Double B asked, posing a viable scenario to the seven footer. "If fate decides I emerge from Malice In Wonderland victorious, then I will graciously hand the championship back on the following Tuesday and reaffirm my commitment to... URRRRGGGHHHH!" The former BHOTGW icon felt the wooden 2x4 snap across the back of his tree-trunk-like neck. The blow would have severely harmed a normal man, but Bruce The Giant could be considered no such entity. Reaching out with his right arm, the seven footer snared his assailant and pinned them against the wall as he rose back up. Smarting from the blow, Bruce eyeballed the mystery individual, whose identity was concealed by a red vinyl hooded top and a partial face mask. Before the massive Australian could think twice about removing the garb, he was set upon by two further attackers who hurled him into a stack of lighting equipment. Like the first, these additional assailants had donned similar hooded garments, although differing in colour with white and blue appearing as their preferences. Reducing Bruce's vertical base, the trio rained blows upon his legs until the gigantic worker was left on his knees. A forth attacker casually walked into the fray, clad in yellow and joined the beating, straddling BTG and placing him in a variation of the camel clutch, underhooking one of the victim's arms to amplify the pain. Bruce groaned in pain, unable to defend himself as the white-clad aggressor grabbed a spotlight from the debris and clocked the seven footer with it at the instruction of his cohort. "CLUNK!" Blonde Bombshell stood trembling with fear in the background as the four-strong group left Bruce The Giant laid out in a pool of the Australian's own blood. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/RipChord.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/PeterValentine.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U] Steel Cage Match: Rip Chord versus. Peter Valentine [/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] The ringcrew had barely completed the final safety and structural checks on the steel cage when Rip Chord's theme hit. The MAW owner was only halfway down the aisle when a pumped up Peter Valentine steamrollered him from behind. Scooping his foe up, Valentine tossed the legendary Chord into the cage's exterior like a lawn dart and eventually dragged him into the confines of the cell so the contest could officially begin. Sam Strong's best friend emphasised his early dominance with a vertical bodypress and firm bodyslam, both of which the fans responded negatively to, showering Valentine in vitriolic abuse. His cause may have been a noble one, but every act of the former bodybuilder drew more heat, which only abated when Chord raked his aggressor's face. Now it was the MAW owner on the attack, drawing blood by ramming Valentine's thick skull against one of the side panels, then targeted the wound that resulted. Azaria tried to explain their passion, but even he was lost as to why the collective HGC followers had so comprehensively turned on Peter Valentine. Chord was supposed to be the villain of the piece, but no matter how ruthless or barbaric the violence he administered, the crowd demanded more of it were inflicted on Valentine. At one juncture they merrily counted along as the MAW owner repeatedly slammed the cage door on the former bodybuilder's cranium as the latter had attempted to escape. Despite the vocal disparagement, Valentine fought on and flattened Chord with running clothesline. Initially scaling the cage, Valentine climbed back down and decided to avenge Sam Strong properly by Heartbreakering Strong's legendary nemesis in the middle of the ring. This however is Hollyweird, not Hollywood and the perfect script never quite came together as Chord slid out, raising his larger opponent and crotching him on the ropes. Taking full advantage of Valentine's saddled predicament, the MAW owner delivered a nasty variation the Rip Chord DDT, made all the worse due to the recipients awkward position. He could have covered Valentine's twisted form right there and then, but Chord wanted to make the loss even more insulting and simply strolled out via the door. [B]Winner: Rip Chord (via escape) Match Rating: C [/B] Chord could simply have walked away the victor, but somehow that just wasn't satisfying enough. He returned to the cage and dropped Valentine with a second patented DDT to thunderous approval from the fans, which Chord gladly took as validation for his actions. Not won over by any stretch of the imagination, Azaria described the wrestling legend as 'despicable' as he headed back up the ramp, left with the shortest period of preparation compared to his fellow qualify-ees. The cameras followed Chord during his initial steps through the curtain, before returning to the main arena bowl where the steel cage was being raised once more, this time unhindered by sabotage that blighted it two weeks ago on TNW. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Preparing to slip back into 'hype mode', the announcers were silenced by the nasally tones of J.K. Stalling Jr's voice as he thanked the fans for attending and stated that as a show of appreciation for their undaunted support, he would continue adding the greatest names in the business to entertain the Hollyweird masses. Instructing them to turn their attention to the jumbotron, the big screen flickered to life to answer the question on everyone's lips. Just who was the latest A-Lister in town? [B]"Opportunity... Greed... Ego... Betrayal..."[/B] A narrative voice sternly brought the vignette in, as each word that slipped from his mouth adorned the screen in large, white text. [B]"In 2004, one man stunned the world by turning his back those who had elevated him to the upper echelons of this industry." "Three years on and an epiphany struck..."[/B] [B]"Now he intends to pick up where he left off, setting the record straight and scaling the heights we all believed he was once capable of." "Time passes, alliances falter, environments evolve and perceptions change, but now the two-time International Champion is back..."[/B] [B]"Only one question remains..."[/B] The narrative concluded, before being replaced by vocals belonging to an individual far more brash and instantly recognised by those positioned on the edge of their seats in the Stallings International Entertainment Arena. They roared with approval as his form appeared in all of its digital glory on the screen, his attire still as vivid as the night on which he departed. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][I][B][COLOR="Black"]"ARE YOU READY... [COLOR="Magenta"]BAY-BEH[/COLOR]!!!!!"[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/JackBruceB.png[/IMG][/CENTER] His past sins were seemingly erased within a New York minute. Jack Bruce had returned. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="1"][B]END OF PART I (10:46PM EST) MALICE IN WONDERLAND, LIVE on pay-per-view[/B][/SIZE] In Part II – The clock ticks towards the World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal and when all is said and done, a new champion will emerge to lead the Hollyweird Grappling Company into a brave new era! [/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="1"][B]PART II (10:47PM EST) MALICE IN WONDERLAND, LIVE on pay-per-view[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] "I should just let Phil carry the can for this, but somebody's got to make the decisions around here..." Emma Chase thought to herself, brushing a stray lock of hair behind her right ear as the camera zoomed in on her. "Under Mr Vibert's instruction, I'm here to announce that should Bruce The Giant be declared unfit to compete in the Battle Royal, his place will be forfeited to his earlier opponent, Charlie Thatcher." She'd lied of course, even if it were with conviction. The General Manager had instructed no such thing, but his personal assistant had made a judgement call, one that she was sure he'd thank her for... whenever he chose to unbolt the door to his office. "Thank you for your time." Elsewhere the head of security ran up and punted the prone seven footer in the abdomen, despite the protests of the medical crew. The fallen giant offered no resistance as Thatcher wound back and dealt another blow before unhooking a taser from his belt. The intent lay within his eyes, not that they were visible to those who witnessed Vibert's bodyguard launch the prongs of the weapon into Bruce The Giant's flesh and simply watched without emotion as the electrical current surged through him. Excluding the damage inflicted by the group of assailants prior, Thatcher was now culpable for removing the massive Australian from the main event picture once and for all. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] "Jack Freakin' Bruce... that's just great!" Troy Tornado said, throwing his arms in the air. "I prefered it when [B]you[/B] were in charge." The Battle Royal participants had been herded like human livestock by security who were determined to ensure they all made it into the marquee bout intact. The result saw most of the main players escorted from their designated locker rooms and congregated in the main hub of the Back Lot, waiting for their cue to head out to the ring. For each superstar, there were at least six members of security personnel that surrounded them. Casting his voice through the multiple statuesque figures, Tornado intended to catch Tommy Cornell's attention. "How's it feel to see Jacky-boy back here for another paycheck?" "How does it feel?" Cornell echoed, aware that the Vessey Brothers had been eyeballing him since joining the huddle. "Like the disciples were having their last meal only for Judas to walk in and park his ass at the head of the table!" "You reckon Vibert knew about this?" Tornado asked, drawing a dismissive smirk from the former World Champion. "Vibert doesn't know or control Jack Shi..." Taking a moment to observe Dread's massive form appearing in the distance, Cornell returned his attention to the former Painful Procedure vocalist. "I haven't even seen Father Hardcore tonight... Rip said he's sitting in a wheelchair, crying over his busted leg." "You know what really hacks me off about Bruce? That freakin' catchphrase... BAY-BEH!" Tornado vented, growing more animated with each sentence. "I just wanna choke him out with that fruity headband! How'd that feel BAY-BEH? How the... what the frick are you staring at Bailey!?" TJ Bailey stood a few feet away, divided by a few jersey-clad guards and trying to shield his eyes with the tip of his visor as Tornado berated him. "Yeah that's right... you ain't starin' at nothing! I swear kid, with your luck I'd go out and buy a handful of freakin' lottery tickets!" The former International Champion bawled, until Cornell cut back in. "You know, your considerable usage of 'freakin' is going to get as annoying as Bruce spouting 'bay-beh' every twenty seconds, if you keep this up." "I can't help it Tommy, this place is really gratin' on me! I'm not gonna start belting out the expletives though, not after the lecture those TV smucks gave The Machines." "What lecture?" "About the f-word, one of them dropped it the other week and a couple of the reps warned them about dockin' their on-air time... network standards and all that. CBA won't stand for it." "CBA?" Cornell raised an eyebrow. "What do they care?" "Oh... you're not on the inside track like me, eh?" Tornado smirked, suddenly feeling superior. "Apparently not." "See, I keep my ear to the ground around here and there's a buzz that the suits are trying to pitch us to their network ahead of the next season." Tornado tried to lean in so that only Cornell could hear the next pearl of wisdom, but that proved difficult given the human obstructions between them. "In fact..." He semi-whispered. "Word is that Stalling's is hiring some special consultant to help 'grease the wheels' and get us signed up sooner, rather than later." "And you know this how?" "I have my sources, Tommy." Tornado answered, tapping his nose. "You've gotta keep yourself connected around here these days." "Fascinating!" Rick Law chimed in, joining the conversation as a third party. "The biggest match in recent years is about to take place and you two boys are flapping your gums about TV schedules?" "No one asked you, Deputy Dawg!" Tornado spat, flashing an accusing fingers in Law's direction. "You're only here because of that stupid freakin' tumbler... I beat Bryan Freakin' Vessey to get here!" "And again with the 'freakin'..." Cornell sighed, noting that Bryan Vessey's ears were burning having heard his name being banded about. "You call me lucky? Do you even remember [B]how[/B] you won that match?" TJ Bailey asked, throwing his two cents in from across the floor. "Yeah I remember you mouthy little punk... I Star Maker'ed the bejesus out of him!" Tornado bragged, realising that the worker in question was also listening to his self-promotion. "Yeah, you heard me Vessey!" The younger Vessey sibling didn't answer. He was above such pre-match jaw-jacking and simply cracked his knuckles, wondering at what point on Tornado's skull he'd land the first taped fist once they got out there. Such an outburst though, led to a domino effect as the mood in the Back Lot began to deteriorate to a far less hospitable climate, not aided by uninvolved parties like Freddy Huggins and others trying to stir the pot from beyond the security phalanx. There was some minor shoving, followed by an increased effort from the rent-a-cops to keep the peace. Cornell cast his eyes over the mass of personnel to catch sight of Dread whose focus was already on ‘Rough Justice’. Drawing his hand across his throat in no uncertain terms, the former PGHW’er made sure the former TCW figurehead knew what fate awaited him once they stepped beyond the curtain. “Tommy Cornell?” A barely broken voice of a stagehand asked, jabbing a clipboard in Cornell’s direction. “You’re up first!” [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcclacker1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Emma Chase could feel the buzz of electricity seeping into the hallway as the fifteen combatants were presumably being introduced to the fans back in the main arena. In actuality, the corridors of Hollyweird were sparsely populated at this time. Excluding the full-scale security cordon that had seized the workers involved, the remaining staff had almost all withdrawn to other quarters. Meanwhile, reports had been circulating amongst the corporation employees that some improvised gambling operation had been set up and was functioning somewhere in the Back Lot, with employees of all ranks backing the various Battle Royal participants with fistfuls of green bills. Chase had little desire to investigate such a scenario and unnecessarily delay her departure from the Stallings International Entertainment Arena any further. With her belongings in hand, she would inform her boss that she had decided to end her night early. Considering she had no further assignments to complete and Phil Vibert certainly hadn't gone out of his way to make his personal assistant feel required during the continued running of the show, Chase didn't figure such a decision would be problematic. She wasn't anticipating a response from the recently reclusive General Manager. She stopped and turned, hearing something behind her, but unable to distinguish what the noise was or where it emanated from. Dismissing it to a degree, she picked up the pace slightly as her observer remained hidden. Fumihiro Ota watched her pass through another set of doors, before slipping back into the shadows and underneath the cloak of darkness provided by the interior of the ventilation system. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/RipChord.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/TJBailey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/BryanVessey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/ChanceFortune.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/TommyCornell.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/RickyDaleJohnson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/Dread.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/DonnieJ.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/HumanArsenal.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/RickLaw.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/LarryVessey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/BrentHill.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/RockyGolden.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/CharlieThatcher.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/hgcvs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/TroyTornado.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Black"][U] World Heavyweight Championship Battle Royal: 15 Participants [/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] The Battle Royal started in the same vein as any match that had planted fifteen competitors in the confined space of the squared circle. Random brawling was the order of the day, although this was far removed from the closing scenes of Tuesday Night Wrestling. Despite the organised chaos, the early exchanges were all of a cagey nature with the participants keen not to over exert themselves in the opening stages or leave themselves vulnerable to elimination, a significant danger with such a vast number of bodies surrounding them. In environments like this, temporary alliances are rife and bad blood needs to be reserved for more opportune times as not to distract from the quest to achieve the main prize. On the alliance front, the ready-made teams combined their efforts, which given the abilities and reputations of The Machines and The Vessey Brothers, was a formidable prospect. Given the nature of the rules, those units would both implode eventually, but it was in the interests of the other participants to break them down before being outnumbered and eliminated, themselves. Such circumstances explained the forced cooperation between Ricky Dale Johnson and Rocky Golden as the pair worked in tandem to repel the six-time Tag Team Champions. Barely two minutes in, the contest had seen Donnie J become its first casualty. The former Fly Boy had launched himself at Dread with an ill-advised bodypress only to be caught mid-flight and fallaway slammed clean over the ropes. Such an effortless display of raw power confirmed the former PGHW'er as the biggest threat to the other participants’ championship aspirations and saw several of them pool their efforts to remove Dread from the picture. Shifting four hundred pounds of bulk was no easy task though, especially when the subject in question began dishing out firm shots and Dread Smacks in retaliation. Tommy Cornell watched his counterparts swarm the monstrous worker from across the mat, content with burying his boot in Charlie Thatcher's gullet. He was loath to involve himself with either Dread or RDJ at this juncture, although he assumed his Guilt Trip he applied from four days prior had not slipped the former's memory. For all his experience, Larry Vessey was the next superstar to succumb to elimination, baited by Rip Chord who backbody dropped the elder Vessey to the outside. That singular act had been the sum total of Chord’s efforts so far, having gone through the most recent, not to mention most gruelling match ahead of the main event. He laid eyes on Cornell, who acknowledged the veteran with a similar stare until both turned to see Dread overpowering his multiple aggressors and nearly bowling out both Chance Fortune and TJ Bailey in the process. The pair managed to clutch at the ropes like lifelines being thrown into water and hauled themselves back inside. Rick Law attempted to charge the four hundred pound behemoth only to receive a throw down spinebuster for his troubles, leaving the band of brothers who had assaulted Dread, all but decimated. Labelling him as a ‘one man wrecking crew’, Azaria polled his announce colleagues on who they favoured to take the match. Baulking at Rhodes suggestion that Johnson could emerge victorious, Jillefski selected Chord as his personal tip, pointing out the MAW owner’s ring savvy as his main strength. Two rapid-fire eliminations followed. The first being Wrestling Machine #2 as Troy Tornado dropkicked him into the unwelcoming arms of Dread who disposed of the Tag Team Champion with the minimum of fuss. On the opposite side of the ring, Golden blindsided Fortune and tipped him over the top rope as the latter was attempting to force Bryan Vessey out. Displaying his gratitude, Vessey thanked the International Champion with a headbutt and then tried to turf the young hoss out, himself. TJ Bailey scampered to the second turnbuckle and courageously leapt onto Dread’s back, trying to take the massive superstar down… with little success. Potato sacking the visor-wearing youngster, the former PGHW monster set his sights on Cornell and cut a swath through the crowd in order to finally get his hands on the former TCW figurehead who had been living on borrowed time since the crutch-shot that cost the former PGHW'er his debut match over a fortnight ago. His stay of execution had some more length to it yet however as Charlie Thatcher stepped up to the proverbial plate and blocked Dread's path. Vibert's bodyguard was formiddable presence himself, but no one could pretend he was in the same league as the monster who stood before him. The two heavyweights traded blows, leaving Cornell to sweat on their eventual confrontation for a while yet. Until that time, he busied himself by helping Tornado remove Rocky Golden from the match and tossed the International Champion to the outside. Now down to ten participants, the next elimination bucked the form guide. Squaring up like two young bulls, Law and RDJ tied up only for the big Texan to power out and send his opponent reeling against the ropes. Making the most of the momentum, Law burst forward and tried to hit his finishing lariat out of nowhere... which Johnson ducked. Carrying through, Law clattered into Chord and clotheslined the MAW Owner to the padded floor. Not expecting to feel the might of the Long Arm Of The Law, the legend barely knew what had hit him until he tumbled against the guardrail, but he was soon joined by Thatcher. The head of security had received a pasting at the hands of Dread and always looked in jeopardy when the four hundred pounder had left him for dead on the apron. The fact that it was TJ Bailey who leaping-punched him off, just added insult to injury. The squared circle had become far less congested, given that half of the competitors had been removed from proceedings. That granted the remaining workers more time and space to operate in and subsequently saw more cohesive wrestling, including the increased usage of bigger offensive moves from each respective superstar's playbook. Rick Law caught the inbound Bailey with a Squad Car Slam, but then himself fell victim to a Vessey Line from brother Bryan of the same name. On the opposite side of the ring, RDJ rocked Dread with a leaping lariat and tried to force the four hundred pounder over the ropes... 'not a damn chance' as Jillefski accurately put it from the announce table. Remaining reluctant to involve himself with either man, Cornell observed from the solitude of the far corner as the former PGHW star tried to turn the tables and send Johnson to the outside. The next elimination sequence was imminent, although it wouldn't involve either RDJ or Dread. Locked in a duel of holds, Bryan Vessey and Wrestling Machine #1 tussled for superiority against the ropes. Vessey administered a waistlock, perhaps with a belly-to-belly suplex in mind, but due to Human Arsenal's resistance both men where sent sprawling to the floor in a double dismissal. Having struggled to make the desired impact since his return to HGC, Vessey was irate that his chance of glory had been denied and launched himself at the current Tag Team Champion, forcing the officials at ringside to prise them apart. Azaria noted that the fifteen had now been reduced to six as RDJ called on his fellow participants to focus their collective energies on taking Dread out of the equation, although holding a conversation was difficult over the cauldron of noise that engulfed them. Unbeknownst to the surviving competitors, four additional observers had surfaced amongst the Hollyweird faithful to get a firsthand view of the action. None of the six men in the ring would have recognised the hooded and masked individuals, having been herded from their changing areas when the merciless assault on Bruce The Giant took place. The foursome stood in one of the walkways, still clad in their distinctive coloured hoods and stood upright in the stands, their true motive yet to emerge. Jillefski drew his colleagues’ attention to them, logically pointing out that any assertions the mysterious group contained any of the individuals in the ring beforehand, could now be rejected out of hand. "BYE BYE BAI-LEY!" Tornado screamed, in a maniacal impersonation of the newly resigned Jack Bruce as he sought to dispose of TJ Bailey, despite Johnson and Cornell's insistence that they needed all the manpower available to them to take out Dread. Latching onto the ropes, Bailey somehow managed to preserve his status in the match, whilst Tornado received a stiff right hand from RDJ and was advised to listen to his peers unless the former lead singer wanted another dose of the same. By the time they'd finished fighting amongst themselves, the shakily formed alliance witnessed Rick Law planted precariously on the apron with Dread's huge right hand gripping his neck. Before any of them could raise a fist in anger, the four hundred pounder had chokeslammed Law to the floor below, ending the former USPW standout’s hopes of leaving Malice In Wonderland with the World Championship. The crowd roared as the RDJ guided his troops into battle against Dread, raining blows upon the monstrous worker… all apart from Cornell who skirted around the perimeter throughout the exchange. Bailey was the first to be swatted aside like he was nothing, but Johnson and Tornado had more success. Sending Dread into the ropes, the unlikely duo nailed him with an awkward looking leg lariat, spear combo. The approach worked and took Dread to the mat, where he immediately tried to sit up only for Bailey to boot him in the back with a low dropkick. Their gallant approach was worth a moment of reflection, but like any monster worth his billing, it didn’t take long for the four hundred pound behemoth to recuperate. Johnson had diverted his focus, determined to snap Cornell out of his apparent daze until Dread swept the Texan’s legs from under him. For the second time in almost as many minutes, Bailey was batted down like an insect to leave Dread and Cornell facing one another… had it not been for Troy Tornado. “Star Maker!” Jillefski hollered as the former Painful Procedure member struck Dread with his trademark flying forearm. “See that Corney? That’s how you do it!” Tornado called out, picking himself off of the canvas. Whether he hadn’t made the sufficient contact to deal the full force of his finishing blow or that Dread’s thick skull was simply conditioned to sustain such impact with frequency, was question that would remain unanswered. Tornado had made the fatal mistake of taking his eyes off of opponent and for that, he paid the ultimate price as Dread hoisted the panicked former International Champion into the air and launched him to floor with a vicious back-suplex-throw. Cornell tried to alert his temporary ally, but Tornado had met his end before TC could utter a syllable. And then there were four. The odds on TJ Bailey making the final four in such a high profile match stretched beyond Hollywood's walk of fame. The odds of him lifting the World Heavyweight Championship would have amounted to a barely conceivable figure, but such estimates would prove irrelevant. A so-called 'break in play' occurred upon Tornado's forced withdrawal. Each man occupied a quarter of the ring, with the visor-wearing youngster slumped against the ropes. Dread's eyes narrowed as he scanned the final obstacles that lay on his road to glory. Barely blinking he discarded Bailey from the ring with one hand, viewing his continued presence as a reminder of the embarrassment inflicted upon him four days ago. Now that Bailey's luck had finally deserted him, Dread was left with two men who had proved to be a thorn in his side since returning to Stalling's Hollyweird promise land. Both had scarred his record with undue defeats and now a perceived judgement day was upon them. Cornell and Dread stood mono et mono, with RDJ slumped in the far corner, biding his own time. It was time for the games to end. Without hesitation, Cornell launched into Dread, hammering him with rights and lefts to send his massive foe reeling. The four hundred pounder was initially taken aback by the surprise assault, realising that the former TCW figurehead had lured him in with his actions of recent weeks and after numerous days of bluffing, was preparing to show his full hand for the sake of a poker reference. Dread fired back with a forearm flurry, but Cornell blocked the fifth and sixth blows, then lashed the super-heavyweight with a custom Blade Chop. Staggering his foe, TC built up a head of steam, but ran straight into a well-directed knee. Dread's power may have been unmatched those who remained, but his stamina left a lot to be desired. Sweating profusely as he hoisted his stunned opponent into the air, Cornell managed to roll behind the four hundred pound superstar and applied the Guilt Trip. The Stallings International Entertainment Arena erupted and the announcers hollered to be heard over the increased volume as Cornell tried to choke out his massive opponent. Dread tried to resist the hold for a few moments, then resorted to his back-up plan and drove the former TCW figurehead against the buckles as a last gasp solution. The impact forced Cornell to relinquish his grip and allowed RDJ to take the proverbial ball and run with it. Johnson lit up the former PGHW'er with a couple of haymakers and then toppled him with a leaping lariat. Pumping his fists to the fans as if they required further arousal, Johnson dragged Dread back up and delivered a spectacular side suplex in the center of the ring. Azaria described it as breath-taking, Rhodes called it an unbelievable use of leverage and Jillefski, for once, was lost for words. Moments later, Ricky Dale Johnson was figuratively stabbed in the back and eliminated. The big Texan looked back up from the padded floor as Cornell dusted his hands and mouthed 'what did you expect?' as the disbelieving Johnson was ushered away by the officials, having been dumped from the ring without a second thought. "Opportunity... Greed... Ego... Betrayal..." Those words that were earlier attributed to Jack Bruce now fit the former TCW figurehead like a glove. Scaling the turnbuckles, Cornell fed off of the raucous atmosphere around him and delivered the Three Inch Shrink to Dread, leaving the behemoth almost symbolically kneeling before him... for once at the mercy of another. Drawing back his right hand, Cornell held his arm steady in midair and craned his neck from side to side... he was surrounded. The apron was now occupied by the hooded contingent who had descended from the front rows, one hidden form stood at each of the squared circle's sides. Azaria questioned what was going on, but 'Rough Justice' had been in the business long enough to appreciate when he was a marked man. The red hooded intruder attacked first, missing a clothesline and taking a Blade Chop in return before his blue-attired co-assailant tried his luck. Cornell dispatched him in a similar fashion and delivered a swinging uranage as an exclamation point. Casting his gaze to the yellow clad individual, the British superstar was surprised to see him step down from the apron... then realised there was a further threat to deal with. Hidden by his white hooded top, the forth member of the unknown group blindsided 'Rough Justice' with an arc kick to the back of TC's cranium. He then wrapped Cornell's arm behind his neck with the intent to deliver a one knee'd backbreaker to the former TCW figurehead, only for the potential recipient to reverse the hold and yank down the concealing hood to reveal a head of black hair. Backing the partially exposed attacker into the corner, Cornell lit him up with another Blade Chop and tore the partial mask away to find the face of William Hayes staring back at him. The more informed amongst the capacity crowd might have recognised Hayes, but to many he might as well still have been masked. The smug expression plastered on Slick Willy's face though, suggested to Cornell that he was missing the bigger picture. He tried to turn, but it was too late to avoid harm as Dread came crashing in with a running body smash. Hayes had the foresight to remove himself from the corner and rolled out of the ring, leaving the former TCW figurehead to the four hundred pound behemoth as Dread potentially dislocated Cornell's jaw with a Dread Smack and finally scooped him over the top rope to cement his place in history. [B]Winner: Dread (via elimination) Match Rating: B+ [/B] The bell sounded and for almost every piece of confetti that fell from the rafters, a projectile was hurled from the stands. On the outside, Hayes left his hood flapping as he rejoined the other members of the unknown faction who had undeniably influenced the direction of Malice In Wonderland. They watched, displaying no outward elation as Dread was handed the promotion's ultimate accolade after thirty two energy-sapping minutes of competition. Drenched with sweat and inhaling as much oxygen as his lungs could contain, the former PGHW monster held the belt just inches from his face, as if he gazed directly into the eyes of destiny. For some, like Jason Azaria, this was a travesty of justice. For others, like Ricky Dale Johnson, this was Cornell's comeuppance following almost a month of manipulation and cerebral warfare. For the Hollyweird Grappling Company, it was the dawn of a new era... one that would be heralded by Dread's second World Heavyweight Championship reign and a multitude of unanswered questions. [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HGC/tnwclose.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE][SIZE="4"][B]FINAL SHOW RATING: [COLOR="Navy"]B[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]PPV Buyrate:[/B] 2.97 [B]Closing Notes:[/B] This card was always going to be somewhat of a gamble given the early stage of the dynasty and the fact that some of the main players, like Cornell were tied down to the main event alone. Still, most of the matches delivered on the night and a couple even exceeded my expectations slightly. Thanks to Bruce The Giant calling upon his 'creative control', he had to go over Charlie Thatcher and be buried later on... which actually proved more effective. He did partly redeem himself by drawing a C with Thatcher thanks to some good chemistry, but I was still annoyed that he forced me to alter my plans. Still, following the event I received an e-mail that Big Brucey had sustained a kidney infection during the event that would keep him out of action for a couple weeks... which was some comfort. Meanwhile Liberty managed to carry Tana to a decent bout with The Machines, which made up for the lacklustre opening provided by the Vessey Brothers and Youth Gone Wild. The undercard was also fairly solid, with Donnie J and Jimmy P almost creeping into the B- range with their overdone feud... yes, I realise they face each other everywhere, but everyone has to start somewhere. Regarding the Battle Royal, I tried to plant a few seeds with that and deliver a good climax to the first month of HGC's return as well as usher in the new champion. As always I'm interested on people's opinions, especially on the execution and the outcome. Overall, a good buyrate, solid rating and a good springboard for February. [/QUOTE]

The results of the predictions contest are as follows... [B]Rob4590 - 10 Points[/B] [B]daveyfire - 10 Points[/B] Tigerkinney - 9 Points theunholyicon - 9 Points Liamo - 9 Points Wallbanger - 9 Points Sensai of Mattitude - 9 Points juggaloinjalee - 8 Points Actarus - 8 Points Monkeypox - 7 Points Jehovah - 7 Points eayragt - 7 Points markish - 5 Points Congratulations to Rob4590 and daveyfire, tying for first place. I'll try to work out a 'prize' and how it can work, then I'll PM both of you when/if I do. Thanks to all of you for taking part, it was a better response than I expected. Also since I had a PM about this, I'm fine if anyone wants to use the Jack Bruce render in a banner or what not. Thanks for the props on it too, Jehovah.

Since January is at a close, time for a little recap of what's going on with the more involved promotions thus far... [QUOTE][B][U]Pride Glory Honor Wrestling[/U][/B] Having to restock their upper card places due to the departures of Dread and The Vessey Brothers as well as William Hayes, PGHW recruited Koshiro Ino, Dark Angel, Strong Style Yoemon, Roku Yamazaki, Hirokazu Yamanoue and Dark Eagle to bolster their talent roster. Cliff Wilson/Dark Angel is yet to wrestle since arriving however after developing Skyclad's Bicep Disorder coming off the back of his final NOTBPW appearance where he defeated Dean McWade at Big City Brawl. [B][U]Danger And Violence Extreme[/U][/B] Nemesis's first month at the helm has proved a smooth transition, putting on two editions of Danger Zone TV that scored a C+ rating, with the other two dropping to C's. Back In Black also recorded a C rating with Chris Caulfield and Eric Tyler putting on the bout of the night (B-). On the talent front, Emma Chase followed Phil Vibert across to HGC, whereas Carl Batch fell for the overtures of the SWF... Ernie Turner and Dylan Sidle were added to the payroll. [B][U]United States Pro Wrestling[/U][/B] As usual, USPW saw Daryl Devine depart (SWF) to be joined by Jim Force the following week. Despite their TV deal hanging in the balance, Sam Strong's promotion have put on some successful shows, fully utilising the talents of BLZ Bubb and the Darkness Warriors since their 'demotion' from HGC. With events scoring across the C range, USPW Stars, Stripes and Slams saw BLZ Bubb win the World Title just one month after his arrival. Bruce The Giant on the otherhand, was used sparingly given his commitments with HGC. [B][U]Supreme Wrestling Federation[/U][/B] The SWF muddled around the C range all month with their events with 'SWF When Hell Freezes Over' hitting a 5.85 buyrate. Apart from the aforementioned additions, Queen Emily returned to the fold and Puerto Rican Power was granted his big break when Richard Eisen handed him a contract, whilst Roger Doger accepted a deal with RIPW. Runaway Train displayed no signs of being derailed, successfully defending his belt against Sam Keith and Skull DeBones during January. Meanwhile, the team of Joe Sexy and Rich Money acquired the Tag Team straps. In his final (and only) match for SWF, Jack Bruce overcame Steve Frehley in a B- contest. [B][U]Mid Atlantic Wrestling[/U][/B] Steven Parker won the Rip Chord Invitational. [B][U]Misc:[/U][/B] - No one died. - Ricky Dale Johnson (perhaps due to his programme with Dread?) fancies plying his trade in Japan at some point in his career.[/QUOTE]

Great show! The main event delivered. Dread will make a fine dominant champ, and whoever finally knocks him off that pedestal, if anyone CAN, will get a hell of a rub from it. Also really anxious to see where you go with the hooded guys. And maybe a Cornell face turn? Yep, I'm invested.

I got to reading last night, and as Jehovah said, great show. Dread getting the title was interesting, I was expecting it to go to one of the participants of the Last Man Standing match. With such a broad main event scene, it'll be interesting to see where the title picture will go from here. Oh, and I really dig William Hayes, great to see him playing a part in the dynasty. I'm looking forward to the revealing of the other three hooded characters.

Archived