WKC - The Ayatollah Returns

WKC.com: Halloween Hijinks Main Event to Change! [IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5153/wkcdotcomny6.png[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]BREAKING NEWS: HALLOWEEN HIJINKS MAIN EVENT TO CHANGE![/SIZE] 19th September 2007[/B] At WKC Unstoppable Insanity, Orlando Jordan and Black Dragon faced off in a match that would determine the number one contender for Christian Cage's WKC Heavyweight Championship. Orlando Jordan won the match, and was scheduled to wrestle Christian Cage on 25th October 2007, with the Wrestling Kings of Canada Heavyweight Championship on the line. Over the course of the past week, however, these plans have been twisted inside out as Orlando Jordan agreed to an exclusive contract extension with New Japan Pro-Wrestling, which will mean him ending any other contracts that he has. We at WKC wish Orlando the best in his NJPW career, and hope to work with him again at some point. But, with Orlando Jordan gone, that leaves Christian Cage without a challenger for Halloween Hijinks. Who will wrestle Christian Cage for his WKC Heavyweight Championship? Check back over the coming weeks to find out!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WKC.com: Halloween Hijinks Main Event Revealed! [IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5153/wkcdotcomny6.png[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]WKC HALLOWEEN HIJINKS MAIN EVENT REVEALED![/SIZE] 1st October 2007[/B] At a press conference today, the challenger to Christian Cage's Wrestling Kings of Canada Heavyweight Championship was revealed, as 'The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla' introduced a graduate of the legendary Hart Dungeon, Jack Evans! Yes, ROH and WKC have come to an agreement that will allow Jack Evans to come to Ontario for one night only and challenge Christian Cage for the WKC Heavyweight Championship! In return, Christian Cage will be wrestling at Ring of Honor's Motor City Madness in October. This is sure to be a blockbuster talent trade that could prove to give some great matches. Also, at Halloween Hijinks, Wrestling Kings of Canada owner Chris Jericho will step out of the commentary booth for a major announcement! Don't miss it, when WKC rocks Canada once again on 25th October!

WKC Halloween Hijinks [CENTER][IMG]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8467/wkcdg7.png[/IMG] [B]WKC HALLOWEEN HIJINKS[/B] [I]Thursday 25th October 2007 Held at St. John’s Hall in Ontario, in front of 888 people[/I][/CENTER] [I]As the show opens up Chris Jericho and Mike Rotch immediately explain that something it going on backstage, and the fans attention is turned to the screen by the entrance curtain where Jay Lethal is getting revenge on Rocky Romero for last month! It isn’t long before the tables turn, however, as Romero ducks a steel chair shot and then grabs Jay Lethal by the shoulders, pulling him back and causing him to hit the concrete floor right on his back! It isn’t long before the brawl spills through the entrance ramp and Rocky Romero continues to attack Jay Lethal down to the ring. Chris Jericho interrupts the fight, “Guys, guys, stop It right now! If you two can’t keep your hands off of each other, then I’m gonna make this one a sanctioned hardcore match! Get a referee down here!”[/I] [B]F+[/B] [B]Rocky Romero defeated Jay Lethal in a hardcore match via Technical Knockout[/B] Quite a nice brawl-based match here, which also showed a fair bit of risks on Lethal’s part. The match ended when Romero knocked Lethal down with a steel chair shot to the skull, and then locked in the Lady of the Lake armlock, keeping it locked in until Lethal’s arm was dropped three times without response at the 7:57 mark. [B]D+[/B] [B]Brent Albright defeated Samson[/B] Brent Albright looked really good out there tonight once again, and dominated his opponent. He defeated Samson at the 4:33 mark with the Crowbar. [B]D-[/B] [I]After winning his match, Nicholas Sinn walks out onto the walkway with a microphone in his hand. “So Brent, my challenge, what’s it gonna be?” Brent Albright has a grin on his face, happy at the frustration in Nicholas Sinn. “I aceept!”[/I] [B]D-[/B] [B]The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens) defeated Robert Roode & A-1[/B] Unfortunately, during this match it suddenly occurred to everybody that Robert Roode and A-1 do not work well as a team, and their timing was all over the place in this one. Robert Roode did look really good out there though. A-1 was pinned at 8:46 after Douglas hit the Natural Selection. [B]D[/B] [I]After the match, Chris Jericho comes into the ring and applauds The Naturals, shaking their hands. “Good showing guys, good showing. Now, you’re probably all wandering why Y2J Chris Jericho has stepped out of the commentary booth, well it’s quite simple. It’s something that involves you two, it’s something that involves the two guys that you just beat, it’s something that could potentially involve anybody in that locker room. You see, ever since Canadian Wrestling we’ve seen great tag team wrestling going on at every show, and it’s time to reward these guys. You see, at home in my trophy case I have two custom championship belts with no names on. This is about to change, because over the coming months, you will all witness a number of matches which will ultimately decide the Wrestling Kings of Canada Tag Team Champions! And-” Suddenly, Andrew Martin nearly takes Chris Jericho’s head off from behind with a devastating clothesline, sending him down to the mat. Martin waits for Jericho to get to his feet before nearly knocking him out cold with a still Big Boot delivered right on target. With Chris Jericho not moving, Andrew Martin drags him to his feet and finishes him off with a TKC. The fans boo Martin, who is obviously upset at what happened last month.[/I] [B]B-[/B] [B]Christian Cage defeated Jack Evans to retain the WKC Heavyweight Championship[/B] Lance Storm replaced Chris Jericho at the commentary table for this amazing match which saw Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate star Jack Evans pay WKC a visit for one night only to challenge WKC Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage. Both men looked really good and – while the fans didn’t get into the match quite as much as they did the Cage/Martin matches – it was still the best match of the night. Christian Cage won the match after 18:45 with an Unprettier. [B]C-[/B] [B]Overall Thoughts:[/B] An average show which was made a lot better with the appearance from Jack Evans. Not a lot more to say. [B]D+[/B] [QUOTE][B]Out of Character Thoughts:[/B] I was kinda disappointed that I couldn’t go along with the original plan for this one, because unlike a match with Jack Evans a Cage/Jordan match could have gone somewhere. The main event wasn’t bad though, and I’d love to bring in Jack Evans full-time, but he has four contracts already and is loyal to Dragon Gate anyway. I'm gonna try and hire a few more guys before the next show, with no Orlando Jordan I'm lacking main eventers and challengers for the WKC championship. I was also slightly disappointed that A-1 and Roode didn’t work as a team – knowing Robert Roode’s abilities, I’m gonna have to split them soon. Not much more to cover, really. It was a decent show that raised our popularity, but nothing special.[/QUOTE]

Like you said, seemed a fairly average show... it got the job done, but didn't go far beyond that. In all honesty when you announced Jack Evans as Cage's opponent, I wasn't expecting it to rate too much higher than a D+/C-. It looks like you've got a bit of a task on your hands to replace Orlando Jordan though. I think Albright could provide a good viable player for the main event scene given time and a steady build, but obviously that doesn't solve your short-term problem.

Some people to possibly look at for Main Event Players (IMO): Any one of the Bashams Super Dragon Kid Kash Juvi Sean O'Haire Ricky Banderas Steve Corino People I would like to see in the future of the diary: Tyler Black Mike Quackenbush Ruckus Human Tornado Shiima Xion... Just me giving some opinions lol

[QUOTE=Chuck;236898]Steve Corino[/QUOTE] Probably the best call of the bunch. I always seem to have problems with Kash and Juvi, they're good for one off appearances or short term deals but too volatile to put much stock into for future main event material. Other than those, are there any decent WWE releases to hook up with. Also on a personal note, I tend to sign up Mark Jindrak although with Andrew Martin/Test onboard, he's pretty much in the same mould. EDIT: Shame the data isn't quite up to date, otherwise I'd suggest picking up Rob Conway too.

Wrestling Observer: Huge WKC Update [IMG]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7233/internetam5.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Huge WKC Update[/SIZE] 28th October 2007[/B] - The trade between WKC and ROH that took place has now come to an end. The trade saw Christian Cage team up with Chrs Hero and Davey Richards, losing to Rocky Romero, Matt Sydal and Homicide at ROH Motor City Madness while, on the WKC side of the deal, Christian Cage succesfully defended his WKC Heavyweight Championship against Jack Evans at WKC Halloween Hijinks. - WKC's fifth event, Maple Leaf Memories, has been announced and is scheduled to take place on 22nd November. The plans for the main event are currently unknown, but WKC.com has announced that after Andrew Martin's vicious attack on Chris Jericho, he will have Jericho's friend Black Dragon to deal with. Also, the matches that will ultimately decide the WKC Tag Team Champions will begin. - Reports indicate that WKC has been in contact with both Basham and Damaja from TNA, but none of the talks came to anything as both of The Basham Brothers thought that WKC was too small for them. - On a better note for the company, the last HWA Tag Team Champions ever, Matt Stryker and Chad Collyer, have been signed on pay per appearance deals. It is likely that they'll play a part in the WKC Tag Team Championships tournament. - According to numerous sources, Teddy Hart wasn't too happy with taking a loss to Jay Lethal back at WKC Unstoppable Insanity, even though it happpened via disqualification. - WKC has released it's first event, WKC Canadian Wrestling, on DVD. Check out their official website for more.

WKC.com: "I earned my title shot, and I'm getting it!" [IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5153/wkcdotcomny6.png[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"I EARNED MY TITLE SHOT, AND I'M GETTING IT!"[/SIZE] 15th November 2007[/B] Up until yesterday, everybody was oblivious to the main event of Maple Leaf Memories. However, any predictions can be put to rest as the man that earned a title shot back in September is back to claim it! A press conference on Friday evening was interupted by Orlando Jordan, who signed an exclusive deal with New Japan Pro-Wrestling before he got the chance to challenge Christian Cage for the WKC Heavyweight Championship. Orlando Jordan was furious that his match at WKC Halloween Hijinks was removed from the card, and challenged Christian Cage to a match at Maple Leaf Memories right there on the spot! "I earned my title shot, and I'm getting it!" said Orlando, demanding that Christian put his title on the line for Orlando Jordan to have one more match as a WKC wrestler. "If need be, I'll carry that championship back to Japan with me!" Out of the interest of fairness, Orlando Jordan has been granted his title shot by temporary commissioner, Lance Storm. So on 22nd November, Orlando Jordan will return to the Wrestling Kings of Canada for one last championship match, and what a rocketbuster this is set to be! Don't miss it! [QUOTE][B]Out of Character Notes:[/B] I did this due to the two main people that I had set to bring in, Basham and Damaja, unexpectedly refusing my offers. I bought in Orlando JordaN on a talent trade (I didn't do this for Halloween Hijinks because NJPW weren't touring at the time, and refused). As for those suggestions made earlier, let me fill you in on what's going on with them: Basham/Damaja: Too big for me Ricky Banderas: Too many contracts Steve Corino: Too many contracts Juvi/Kash: I agree with what sebsplex said, but if worst comes to worst I'll definately consider Juvi. Ruckus: Too many contracts Mike Quackenbush: Too many contracts Except for Sean O' Haire, who I've never been a fan of, the rest aren't exactly big names (heck, I don't think Ruckus and Quackenbush fit into the main event catigory). Any more suggestions are welcomed. ;)[/QUOTE]

WKC Maple Leaf Memories [CENTER][IMG]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8467/wkcdg7.png[/IMG] [B]WKC MAPLE LEAF MEMORIES[/B] [I]22nd November 2007 Held at St. John’s Hall in Ontario, in front of 994 people[/I][/CENTER] [B]Pre Show: Eric Young defeated Teddy Hart[/B] Two great Canadian wrestlers battled it out in what could have been a great match, but unfortunately the two really didn’t seem to click which made the match awkward to watch. Eric Young won after 7:09 after hitting the Showstopper. [B]D[/B] [B]Collyer & Striker defeated Xtreemer Than U (Ash & Xtreemo); Collyer & Stryker advance to WKC Tag Team Championship match[/B] Both Chad Collyer and Matt Stryker looked really good out there, they were clearly a good signing for the company. They advanced to the WKC Tag Team Championship match (which will be held in January) when Collyer hit Ash with the Butterfly Suplex at 6:26 for the win. [B]D-[/B] [I]On the screen set up by the entrance curtain, a clip is shown from the Maple Leaf Memories press conference when Orlando Jordan crashed the party and announced himself the challenger to Christian Cage’s WKC Heavyweight Championship.[/I] [B]D[/B] [I]The camera then cuts to the back, where Christian Cage has something to say to Orlando Jordan. “Orlando Jordan, you claim that the reason that you aren’t WKC Heavyweight Champion right now is that you weren’t prepared for me back in July, when I defeated you for the opportunity to go on and wrestle for that title. You claim that, had you known your opponent, you would be holding this title right now. Well Orlando, I got news for ya buddy, you were as prepared as you were gonna be – because there is no preparing for ‘The Instant Classic’. And if you don’t believe me, well I’m gonna have to prove you wrong later tonight, when I get the three count and a walk up that aisle, still champion!”[/I] [B]D+[/B] [B]Black Dragon defeated Andrew Martin via Countout[/B] This match was a lot better than the match between the two back at Canadian Wrestling, probably because it was a lot shorter and Andrew Martin could handle the time put on it. When Black Dragon began to get the momentum on his side towards the end of the match, hitting clotheslines, dropkicks and Headscissor takedowns all in quick succession, Andrew Martin quickly slipped under the bottom rope, shaking his head as he walked up the aisle and allowing the referee to count him out. [B]C-[/B] [I]As he gets to the top of the entrance ramp, Andrew Martin forces a staff member to hand him a microphone, turning back around to face Black Dragon in the ring who is disappointed at the match ending by count out. “You know what, Black Dragon? I shouldn’t have even wasted a breath on you. I care about you almost as much as I do that dump that I took before I came out here!” The crowd boos heavily as Black Dragon chuckles, challenging Andrew Martin to enter the ring and finish the match. “I’m not gonna come down there and fight you, because I don’t care what ou want, and I don’t care what these fans want! I care about one thing, and that’s getting my revenge, and getting my hands on the man that screwed me out of the WKC Heavyweight Championship last month… Chris Jericho! You want to interfere on my business? Well that means you’re a part of my business! I want you, in this ring, in a sanctioned match! So what do ya say, Lionheart?” The fans go wild at the prospect of a return to the ring for Chris Jericho.[/I] [B]C-[/B] [B]Brent Albright defeated Nicholas Sinn[/B] These guys didn’t fail to do if for a third time in a row, putting on a match which was on par with their first two. Three times was definitely not a charm for Nicholas Sinn, as Albright countered a Back Suplex by falling forwards into a Bulldog and quickly applying the Crowbar, forcing Nicholas Sinn to tap out on the 8:05 mark. [B]C-[/B] [I]After the match Nicholas Sinn is literally pulling his hair out in anger and frustration. “Brent Albright! I am tired of you! I have had enough of LOSING to you, month after month! I need to put an end to it!” Brent Albright chuckles, “I’ll give you one more match, Sinn, but on one condition – if you lose, you’re out of WKC, for good! Win, lose or draw, this will be your final opportunity.”[/I] [B]D-[/B] [B]Christian Cage defeated Orlando Jordan to retain the WKC Heavyweight Championship[/B] Another match that was vastly improved from the last time we saw it at Canadian Wrestling. Both men put a lot into it, and Christian Cage retained the strap at 16:44 when he connected with a Frog Splash on Orlando Jordan. [B]C[/B] [B]Overall Thoughts:[/B] Fantastic show due to the combination of great matches. Christian Cage and Orlando Jordan stole the show (and possibly match of 2007) with their surprisingly good main event match. [B]C[/B] [QUOTE][B]Out of Character Thoughts:[/B] The show rating alone proves that WKC is improving. I was pleasantly surprised with the main event – especially considering the fact that the last time these guys met that only pulled out a ‘D’ rating for me. *sigh* That would’ve made a great feud, it’s a shame that Orlando Jordan signed away. Also, I was obviously just being self-conscious about the attendance due to the fact that it was so high back when I did Canadian Wrestling. It seems to be rising (and vastly, this month). The card was so similar to Canadian Wrestling's, yet turned out so much better. Overall, I was really, really happy with that show. :)[/QUOTE]

WKC.com: Christian Cage Attacked! [IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5153/wkcdotcomny6.png[/IMG] [B][SIZE='5']BREAKING NEWS: CHRISTIAN CAGE ATTACKED[/SIZE] 23rd November 2007[/B] Last night at Wrestling Kings of Canada’s fifth monthly show, Christian Cage was successful in his third Heavyweight championship defence against former WKC star Orlando Jordan. He walked out of St. John’s Hall remaining the WKC Heavyweight Champion, triumphant and in high spirits after the successful championship defence. However, it was what happened after that has shocked everybody backstage. After the show, Christian Cage reportedly headed down to the parking lot to put his bags in his car before meeting a few guys, including Black Tiger and Lance Storm, back upstairs to celebrate. After over half an hour, however, Christian Cage did not return. The WKC Heavyweight Champion was later found unconscious in the parking lot, laying in a pool of his own blood with fragments of glass from a smashed car window piercing into his forehead. Christian Cage was immediately rushed to a hospital in Ontario, Canada and will be spending at least the next few days there. The extent of Christian Cage’s injuries are currently unknown, but one thing is definite – when the WKC Heavyweight Champion is one hundred percent, he will be back on the scene, and he will be eager to get revenge on whoever did this to him. More on this shocking story when it comes…

Another solid show with a decent ratings overall. If Jericho's return to the ring becomes fulltime, he and Christian alone should be able to pad out the events with two well-rated bouts each week. It's also good to see Brent Albright getting business done in there, although I can't see you losing Nicholas Sinn just yet, he seems to be another solid fixture for WKC. Also interesting to see who was behind the attack on Cage... foreshadowing for that bit of named talent you were looking for perhaps?

WKC Christmas Chaos [CENTER][IMG]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8467/wkcdg7.png[/IMG] [B]WKC CHRISTMAS CHAOS[/B] [I]20th December 2007 Held at St. John’s Hall in Ontario, in front of 895 people[/I][/CENTER] [B]Pre Show: Eric Young defeated Rocky Romero via Disqualification[/B] This was a really good match to warm up the crowd that I feel could potentially lead somewhere for the future. The referee called an end to the match at 8:32 after a frustrated Rocky Romero hit Eric Young with a blatant kick to the groin, upset that Young had control of most of the match. [B]C-[/B] [B]Thrill Seekers (Paul Cloud & Adam Cameron) defeated Canadian Adrenaline (Jimmy Stone & Samson); Thrill Seekers advance to WKC Tag Team Championship match[/B] A sort of below-average match that saw the Thrill Seekers get a quick victory when Adam Cameron covered Jimmy Stone for the three count with his feet on the ropes at the 4:41 mark. [B]D-[/B] [B]Nicholas Sinn defeated Brent Albright via Countout[/B] Another very good match which ended with a dirty victory. Albright looked good throughout the match, and had the upper hand until Sinn clotheslined him to the outside, causing him to land on his ankle awkwardly. Sinn immediately followed up and kept Albright on the outside, keeping him on the ground with stomps and then sliding into the ring as the referee hits his nine count. The referee counts ten at the 10:50 mark, Brent Albright walking away with his first victory over Albright and still employed by WKC. As Sinn walked back up the walkway, he repeatedly quoted Albright, “Win, lose or draw, that was our final match!” grinning. [B]C-[/B] [I]Andrew Martin comes down to ringside in a formal attire, not dressed to compete tonight. “I’m still waiting for an answer, Chris.” he says, referring to the challenge that he made to Chris Jericho at Maple Leaf Memories. “What’s it to be, Chris? C’mon, man, I don’t have all 2008. Well, if ya don’t want to give me your answer yet, that’s fine, I’m a patient man – but if I don’t get the answer that I want by , I’m gonna have to get it out of you!”[/I] [B]D+[/B] [B]The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens) defeated Robert Roode & A-1; The Naturals advance to WKC Tag Team Championship match[/B] Another loss for the Canadian team here, as Chase Stevens got the pinfall over A-1 following a well performed Shooting Star Press (yes, Shooting Star Presses are allowed [I]here[/I]) after 8:07, leading his team to the tag team triple threat which will take place in January. [B]D-[/B] [I]Following the match, Robert Roode isn’t happy with A-1’s performance. “What the hell was that!?!” he shouts. “You just cost Robert Roode a potential title victory! Do you even belong in the same league as Robert Roode!?! If you want to stay in the same spotlight as me, you’ve got a lot of proving to do!” Robert Roode shoves the microphone into A-1’s chest, turning his back on him and leaving the ring.[/I] [B]D-[/B] [B]Joey Matthews defeated Black Dragon; Joey Matthews earns a shot at the WKC Heavyweight Championship[/B] Another good match to fill in for the main event here with Christian Cage sidelined (kayfabe, by the way). Joey Matthews defiantly proved that he belongs in WKC and that he can get the job done. Matthews got a clean victory over Dragon with a Virginia Necktie at the 14:47 point. [B]C-[/B] [I]As Joey Matthews is heading up the entrance ramp following his big debut victory, Christian Cage’s music suddenly begins to play on the sound system and the WKC Heavyweight Champion walks through the curtain, going straight past Joey Matthews and heading directly for the ring. “He shouldn’t be here tonight, he’s not one hundred percent!” announcer Mike Rotch cries, as Cage gets into the ring. “I’m gonna make this short, and I’m gonna make this simple – I’m here tonight because, quite frankly, I can’t wait till January for revenge! So come out, come out, whoever you are and wherever you are, and maybe we can see if you do such a good job on me when you aren’t attacking me from behind!” The fans fall silent, waiting for the revealing of Christian Cage’s attacker. Suddenly, from behind once again, Christian Cage is knocked off of his feet by… Matt Morgan! Christian Cage quickly scrambles to a vertical base, throwing punches at Morgan, but the size and strength advantage of Matt Morgan is too much for Cage to handle, who is eventually thrown down by Morgan for a second time. Morgan proceeds to stomp at Christian Cage, absolutely manhandling him. Joey Matthews looks down at the ring, almost contemplating running down to the ring and helping Cage out, but instead he chooses to take advantage of what injuries might be done to Cage and laughs. The huge Matt Morgan stands over a motionless Christian Cage, holding the WKC Heavyweight Championship belt above his head.[/I] [B]D+[/B] [B]Overall Thoughts:[/B] Christian Cage not competing in this show kind of hurt it overall, as well as the two below average tag team matches. Not a horrible show, but definitely not one of their best. [B]D+[/B] [QUOTE][B]Out of Character Thoughts:[/B] Thanks for the reminder, Chuck! ;) I managed to sign Matt Morgan and Joey Mercury both to PPA contracts, both of whom I think can do a good job. In the long term, Mercury definitely seems like the one of the two that will bring more success, but I’m not gonna count Morgan out. I’m sure he’ll help me out a bit in the main event scene (and for the price I got him for, he better do! :p) I think it’s sort of obvious that I need to create some new tag teams to make those matches better, because they’re bringing my shows down. Collyer & Stryker was a nice start, but I’m definitely gonna have to go further with that now that my main event is in better shape. Not a great show, but now with Mercury, Morgan, Christian, Martin and a possible return for Jericho, shows rated D+ aren’t about to become a habit![/QUOTE]

Wrestling Observer: 2007 End of Year Awards [IMG]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7233/internetam5.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE='5']END OF YEAR AWARDS: 2007[/SIZE] 31st December 2007[/B] Yep, with 2008 just around the corner it’s that time of the year again where Wrestling Observer acknowledges the absolute best of 2007. [SIZE='3'][B]WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Lightning[/B], for his performances in IWA Puerto Rico[/SIZE] [I]Highest Rating: B Average Rating: C+ Championship Victories of 2007: IWA World title {02} (Week 1, May – Present)[/I] [SIZE='3'][B]YOUNG WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Jumpin’ Jeff Jeffry[/B][/SIZE] [I]Highest Rating: B- Average Rating: C+ Championship Victories of 2007: n/a[/I] [SIZE='3'][B]VETERAN WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Lizmark[/B][/SIZE] [I]Highest Rating: B- Average Rating: C+ Championship Victories of 2007: n/a[/I] [SIZE='3'][B]FEMALE WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Killer Kat[/B][/SIZE] [I]Highest Rating: C+ Average Rating: C- Championship Victories of 2007: n/a[/I] [SIZE='3'][B]MATCH OF THE YEAR: Masahiro Chono[/B] vs. Manabu Nakashi (NJPW Surprise Rear Attack)[/SIZE] [I]Match Rating: B[/I] [SIZE='3'][B]SHOW OF THE YEAR: NJPW Surprise Rear Attack[/B], December[/SIZE] [I]Overall Show Rating: B Highest Individual Match Rating: B Main Event: Masahiro Chono defeated Manabu Nakanishi to retain the IWGP Heavyweight title[/I] [SIZE='4'][B][U]TOP 25 WRESTLERS OF 2007[/U][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3070/top25ck6.gif[/IMG] [QUOTE][B]Out of Character Notes:[/B] That wasn't exactly relevant to the diary, but it's always fun to have a little insight on what's going on in other people's games (outside of just the promotion that they're controlling). After seeing these awards in game I actually tried to discuss terms with Jumpin' Jeff Jeffry, so hey, maybe it wasn't totally irrelevant. We'll see how that goes. Oh, and for anybody confused there was no Promotion of the Year/Most Improved Promotion of the Year due to the fact that the game began mid-year, and the requirements state that the promotion has to be active all year long. At least that's what I figured. With only six shows done I didn't feel I should do End of Year awards for WKC, I'll definately do those at the end of 2008 though, because I love how other diary writers have implemented it in their dynasties.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, Matt Morgan... good addition. Like you mentioned, Mercury/Matthews will probably be the most valuable of the two in the long term, but shooting Morgan straight into the title picture as a monster heel is a great way to erase the memories of Orlando Jordan and fill the void he left.

WKC Begin With A Bang [CENTER][IMG]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8467/wkcdg7.png[/IMG] [B]WKC BEGIN WITH A BANG[/B] [I]10th January 2008 Held at Collingwood Collegiate Inst. in Ontario, in front of 973 people[/I][/CENTER] [B]Eric Young defeated Teddy Hart[/B] With a variety of upper and lower midcarders on the show tonight, the main show was kicked off straight away with a somewhat disappointing match, which can be attributed to the fact that these two don’t really have a lot of chemistry in the ring. It was a pretty even match throughout, and Eric Young counted a Wheelbarrow Bulldog from Hart straight into the Young Blood Neckbreaker for the pinfall, just under the 8 minute mark. [B]D[/B] [I]The cameras go backstage where Nicholas Sinn is standing. “Last month, in our final match of the series, I proved once and for all that I am better than Brent Albright. He had not one, not two, but THREE fluke victories over me! Brent Albright may have won those three battles, but I won the war! Albright said it himself: Win, lose or draw, that was our final match!”[/I] [B]D-[/B] [B]Collyer & Stryker defeated Thrill Seekers & The Naturals; Collyer & Stryker win the WKC Tag Team Championships[/B] This was an average tag team bout where one member of each team would be present in the ring at a time, and if he was pinned his team would be eliminated. The match saw The Naturals and Collyer & Stryker share most of the offence, and the teams of Collyer & Stryker and the Thrill Seekers teaming up a lot to try and take out The Naturals first. About ten minutes into the matchup, the first elimination occurred as Andy Douglas got a pinfall on Adam Cameron after the Natural Selection. Cameron and Cloud quickly got revenge as they took Douglas to the outside and began to beat him down, but with the referee trying to escort Thrill Seekers out of the ringside area Chad Collyer quickly took advantage with a Low Blow to Chase Stevens, then rolling him up for the three count – crowning Collyer & Stryker the first WKC Tag Team Champions ever! [B]D[/B] [I]Joey Matthews walks around backstage, as announcer Mike Rotch catches up with him for a few words. “Joey Matthews, last month at Christmas Chaos you defeated Black Dragon for a shot at the WKC Heavyweight title, but what happened afterwards was what stuck in most peoples’ minds – as Matt Morgan destroyed Christian Cage in the ring, you looked down at him and laughed. Your comments?” “Listen, Mikey, wrestling’s a tough business, and you need brains to succeed in this sport. Obviously, there’s no doubt that I could defeat Christian Cage with or without the advantage, but why not save a few breaths and make my job easier? Being the nice guy isn’t always the best decision, and you’ll learn that at some stage, Mikey.[/I] [B]C+[/B] [I]Andrew Martin’s entrance music hits and the Canadian monster makes his way down to the ring, immediately grabbing a microphone. Everybody knows what he wants. “Chris Jericho, time’s up. It’s been two frickin’ months since I issued that challenge, and I’m NOT a patient man! Give me my answer, or prepare for me to get it out of you the hard way!” Andrew Martin waits, but there is no response. “Fine then, be like that. But I WILL get an answer from you!” Andrew Martin climbs out of the ring next to the announce table, and drops his microphone on the table. Just as it looks like he is about to circle the ring and head up the entrance way, he suddenly turns around and slaps color commentator, and Chris Jericho’s longtime friend Lance Storm around the face. Lance Storm stands up, taking his headset off, and suddenly throws a big fist at Martin! The two begin to brawl and eventually spill into the ring, Storm hitting a stiff forearm causing Andrew Martin to fall to the canvas. Storm looks over Andrew Martin, asking if he wants more, until suddenly Andrew Martin hits a sneaky boot to the groin, causing Lance Storm to fall to the mat. Andrew Martin begins to manhandle Storm from this point, with stomps, kicks, punches and he even then goes to get a steel chair. He leans Lance Storm against the turnbuckle with the steel chair over his head, apparently setting up for a Big Boot which would ultimately crush Lance Storm’s throat. Suddenly, the 973 people in the arena erupt as Chris Jericho rushes to the ring in aid of his friend, Lance Storm. Andrew Martin smiles, and as Jericho gets into the ring he goes for a Clothesline. Jericho ducks the Clothesline and immediately hits an Inziguri, sending Martin stumbling. Jericho then grabs the legs of Martin and sweeps him off his feet, but as he goes for the Walls of Jericho, Martin rakes the eyes of Jericho and immediately rolls out of the ring. As he regains his sight, Jericho helps Lance Storm to his feet and screams at Martin, “IT’S ON!”[/I] [B]C+[/B] [I]After a short intermission as Lance Storm regains his composure and joins Mike Rotch back at the announcers table, A-1 is in the ring. “Robert Roode, you told me that I had some proving to do if I wanted to remain your tag team partner – well I’m gonna prove right now that those losses that we suffered as a team were NOT my fault!”[/I] [B]E[/B] [B]Jay Lethal defeated A-1[/B] Another sort of mediocre match here, and not much to talk about. It only lasted just over five minutes, as Jay Lethal got the Lethal Injection after sharing the offence with A1 for the whole match. [B]D-[/B] [I]The camera goes backstage into the locker room of The Naturals, where Andy Douglas approches his partner Chase Stevens. “Listen man, I’m sorry about tonight, I should’ve been-” Chase Stevens is quick to dismiss the apologies of Douglas. “Listen man, it wasn’t your fault, the people to blame are Cameron and Cloud. Don’t worry; we WILL get those titles around our waists!” [/I] [B]E+[/B] [B]Christian Cage defeated Joey Matthews via Disqualification; Cage retains the WKC Heavyweight Championship[/B] A match with HUGE potential ruined here due to the fact that Matthews and Cage couldn’t gel in the ring whatsoever. These two still managed to pull a decent match out of the situation, but it was nowhere near the expectations of a lot of people. The match went on for a good 15 minutes, but the referee was forced to call for the bell when Matt Morgan ran in and completely took Christian Cage out with a Big Boot – much to the disappointment of Joey Matthews. [B]C-[/B] [I]Following what has transpired Matt Morgan and Christian Cage begin to throw punches at each other from the right and the left. Morgan began to gain an advantage of Cage and ran into the ropes, but as he came back running straight for Cage… WHAM! Morgan is taken off of his feet by a Dropkick out of nowhere from Joey Matthews! Morgan quickly scrambles to his feet and Christian Cage and Joey Matthews quickly begin to double team him, backing him up into the side of the ring with simultaneous punches. The duo take a few steps back, and then run towards Morgan, powering him over the top rope and to the outside with a Double Clothesline! Christian Cage then looks at Matthews, and Matthews look back. No contact is made other than their eyes meeting, the two staring a hole through each other as the show ends…[/I] [B]D+[/B] [B]Overall Thoughts:[/B] While it wasn’t WKC’s best show so far in terms of wrestling, it was a very interesting show in terms of angles. Look forward to the fallout come WKC’s next show in February. [B]D+[/B] [QUOTE][B]Out of Characters Thoughts:[/B] As I stated in the in-character overall thoughts, while it was far from our ‘C’ back at November’s Maple Leaf Memories, in terms of storyline progression I was satisfied with this show. But why, oh why does this game save hate me sooooooo much? I mean, I haven’t even found one good chemistry match yet (that I can remember) yet the two greatest prospects for the company don’t click at all? :( That sucks beyond belief.[/QUOTE]

Wrestling Observer: Minor WKC Update [IMG]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7233/internetam5.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Minor WKC Update[/SIZE] 27th January 2008[/B] - WKC Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage has signed a deal to work with European promotion Nu Wrestling Evolution for their upcoming tour which will begin in February and end in July. - Various other WKC wrestlers have also signed pay per appearance deals with other promotions, as (Nicholas) Sinn signed a deal with UWA Hardcore Wrestling and Joey Matthews agreed to a contract with newly reformed promotion Wrestling Society X (run by Ted Turner). - No matches have yet been confirmed for WKC’s next event, Act of Annihilation, but WKC’ s website has confirmed that both the WKC Heavyweight and Tag Team titles will be defended at the show. The website also states that, with Chris Jericho returning to the ring, a new Commissioner will be announced, and will be making all of the on-screen decisions rather than Jericho. - The date of Chris Jericho’s return to the ring (against Andrew ‘Test’ Martin) is currently unknown, but the match will not be taking place at Act of Annihilation. More info as it comes. [QUOTE][B]Out of Character Notes:[/B] Sorry for the lack of updates this week. The return to school after a week off has sort of been a shock to my system. Hopefully I can get Act of Annihilation up later today, and get back into the swing of things next week. Just thought I ought to let you readers know that I have no intentions on letting this slip. ;)[/QUOTE]

Mercury/Matthews and Cage only drew a C-... ouch. I guess if you're looking to continue Joey M's push upward, it's either not going to be against Cage or you'll have to find another element to add to the mix. I liked the Martin/Jericho segment, it nicely amped their budding feud up a notch ahead of a Y2J return. Also I'm interested to see what you have in mind for Sinn next as well as Albright. Things are really coming together and sooner or later you'll stumble across some chemistry to work with... well hopefully.

Heres hoping you use Jericho as a stepping stone for Martin, i like Andrew Martin, i think although when he cut his hair he lost summit. Cage & Matthews drawing a low C is a shame, but add some more heat to it and you'll be laffing!

Archived