Tag Teams

The feature list mentions that you can talk to the booker about tag team partners, so I have a simple question: When in tag matches (outside of "tornado" style rules), would you also be controlling your tag team partner, like in the SmackDown! Season mode? I've never liked that part due to things like my ability to make Stevie Richards a wrestling machine by being Tag Team Champions with Kane and simply tagging him in, but I actually think I'd like it for this game because of it's complexity. Like, say, Homicide works the neck as he's a "strong style thug," and then tags in American Dragon who locks in a Cattle Mutilation. If not, I can see why you'd keep it out, obviously.

This is covered in an earlier thread, but to recap, the entire team is always controlled by the player, even when his career character is eliminated. This both adds variety to your career as you get to play as other characters from time to time, and means your character's destiny is never in the hands of the computer. Also, to answer your other point, unless you were facing significantly worse wrestlers, it's very unlikely that you can just let your partner do all the work, as unlike the Smackdown series, stamina is an issue. So if you tried to just leave your monsterous partner to do all the work against two opponents, he will soon be exhausted trying to take them both on, and will be easy pickings to be pinned.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived