World Wrestling Entertainment: The Revolution Era

[B]First there was the Golden Age era, then there was the wrestling boom era, and along came the Attitude era, then came the era of the brands, and now comes the Revolution era. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/wwelogo.jpg[/IMG] [U][I][/I]Backstory[/U][I][/I][/B] After the biggest Wrestlemania in history, Vince McMahon felt it was time for a major change in the world of wrestling. With TNA and ROH revolutionizing the sport, and the E doing the same ole thing, Vince McMahon felt like he had to do something about it. Vince McMahon did the unthinkable, and bought the best unprotected talent from not only both TNA and ROH, but also the best talent in the Indy scene. Top names include, future superstars like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Davey Richards, Chris Hero just to name a few. This had a big impact on the indy scene and especially on TNA. Just a week after TNA's talented stars left for the E, Christian Cage announced that he will be touring with International Catch Wrestling Alliance. With Vince trying to get away from his big men "fetish", he took on the challenge of a new product. To showcase the true talent of the revolution era with the mix of mainstream entertainment, Vince McMahon scrap the branded PPVs in order to allow for more PPV buys. So will Vince's new product take the promotion back to the glory days? or will it fail? will TNA and ROH find a way to get back on their feet? or will they go down to bankruptcy?

[B][U]History to success[/U][/B] [B]May[/B] May was the month we would not only see the debut's of Samoa Joe, Roderick Strong, and Austin Aries, and Christopher Daniels, but one of the biggest RAW in a long time. Shawn Michaels and John Cena would face eachother for one final time for the World Wrestling Entertainment championship, the match would go back and forth but this time John Cena's luck would come to a end, as HBK would be crown the new champion. On Smackdown!, fans witnessed debuts from Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, Low-KI, Sonjay Dutt, Davey Richards, and one of the brightest teams in the history of the WWE, The Revolution(AJ Styles and Matt Sydal). Not only did new debuts take a turn for SD!, but thanks to Ken Kennedy Finlay defeated Batista to become the number one contender for The Undertakers World Heavyweight championship. On ECW, Sean O'Haire made his shocking debut by destorying Bobby Lashley after losing his ECW title to recently turned heel CM Punk. The next episode saw the shocking return of Tajiri, as he accepted an open challenge that CM Punk issued, only to be beated down by Punk and the New Breed. [b]June Great American Bash[/b] There were alot of firsts at the Great American Bash, the first GAB to be held at the site of the first Ladder match on PPV, Madison Square Garden, and the first GAB were all three brands took part of. GAB was headlined by Undertaker vs Finlay in a Hell In A Cell, Shawn Michaels vs Johnny Nitro in a Ladder match, and a triple threat match with Randy Orton, Edge, and Cena. In this night fans would see two titles change hands, but only one was shocking. After the Undertaker was victoryious in his title defense against Finlay, Mr. Money In The Bank Ken Kennedy cashed in his contract, and it was pure money as Kennedy took advantage of the beaten up Taker to become the new World Heavyweight champion to close off the show. Two weeks later, there was an announcement by The Coach. The Coach announced that he traded Ric Flair for Chris Benoit, and then there was buzz in the air in Canada. Rumors were going around a day before RAW that Chris Jericho was set to return to the company, once RAW started off live at the Air Canada Centre a old face return to the company, but it wasnt Jericho it was Steve Austin!. Austin announced that he will be taking over as the NEW GM of RAW and had a huge announcement, that live on RAW Rated RKO would team up one last time to face the team of Benoit and...JERICHO, the wrestler who gets pin or submits leaves RAW for good. The main event was wild as Jericho and Benoit would dominate Rated RKO only to have Orton turn on his partner and leave him in the ring alone. Edge would tap out to close the show! It is now the last ECW/SD! taping of the month of June, what will happen to Edge? will he be heading to ECW? or will he head to Smackdown!? What's next for the three world champions of the WWE? will John Cena bounce back to championship glory? will any of the new talent make a major impact? only time will tell!

[CENTER][B][U]World Wrestling Entertainment Talent [COLOR="Red"]RAW WWE Heavyweight champion[/u][/B] Shawn Michaels[F] [b][u]WWE Intercontinental champion[/b][/u] Santino Marella[F] [b][u]WWE World Tag Team campions[/b][/u] Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch[H] [b][u]WWE Womens champion[/b][/u] Cheerleader Melissa[H] [b][u]Main Event[/b][/u] Triple H[F][b][INJURED][/b] John Cena[F] Umaga[H] Chris Jericho[F] Carlito[H] Randy Orton[H] Johnny Nitro[H] Chris Beniot[F] [b][u]Upper Midcarder[/b][/u] Shelton Benjamin[H] Matt Hardy[F] Jeff Hardy[F] [b][u]Midcarder[/b][/u] Kenny Dykstra[H] JTG[F] Santino Marella[F] Samoa Joe[F] Val Venis[F] Charlie Haas[H] Austin Aries[H] Shad[F] Christopher Daniels[H] [b][u]Lower Midcarder[/b][/u] Robbie McAllister[F] Rory McAllister[F] [b][u]Opener[/b][/u] Roderick Strong[F] [b][u]Women's Division[/b][/u] Rebecca Knox[H] Ms. Chif[H] Lizzy Valentine[H] Mickie James[F] Maria[F] Victoria[H] Melina[H] Torrie Wilson[F] [b][u]Announcing Team[/b][/u] Jim Ross[F] The King[H] [b][u]Others[/b][/u] Vince McMahon[H] The Coach[H] Steve Austin[F] Shane McMahon[H] [/color] [COLOR="Blue"][b][u]Smackdown![/b][/u] [b][u]World Heavyweight champion[/b][/u] Ken Kennedy[H] [b][u]WWE United States champion[/b][/u] MVP[H] [b][u]WWE Tag Team champions[/b][/u] Duece N' Domino[H] [b][u]WWE Cruiserweight champion[/b][/u] Chavo Gurrero[H] [b][u]Main Event[/b][/u] Booker T[H][b]INJURED[/b] Rey Mysterio[F][b]INJURED[/b] William Regal[H] Finlay[H] Kane[F] Batista[F] Ric Flair[F] [u][b]Upper Midcarder[/b][/u] Paul London[F] AJ Styles[F] [b][u]Midcarder[/b][/u] Brain Kendrick[F] Gregory Helms[H] Matt Sydal[F] Scotty 2 Hotty[F] [u][b]Lower Midcarder[/u][/b] Alex Shelley[H] Jimmy Wang Yang[F] Jamie Noble[H] Daivari[H] [b][u]Opener[/b][/u] Low-Ki[H] Chris Sabin[F] Petey Williams[H] Claudio Castagnoli[H] Davey Richards[F] Jay Lethal[F] Sonjay Dutt[F] [b][u]Announcing Team[/b][/u] Michael Cole[F] JBL[H] [b][u]Others[/b][/u] Dave Taylor[H] Ashley[F] Cherry[H] Queen Sharmell[H] Theodore Long[F][/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"][b][u]ECW ECW World champion[/b][/u] Edge[H] [b][u]Main Event[/b][/u] CM Punk[F] Bobby Lashley[F] [b][u]Upper Midcarder[/b][/u] Sean O'Haire[H] Youshihiro Tajiri[F] Justin Credible[H] Sabu[F] Rob Van Dam[F] Elijah Burke[H] Rhino[H] [b][u]Midcarder[/b][/u] Stevie Richards[H] Little Guido Maritato[F] Balls Mahoney[F] Chris Hero[H] Tommy Dreamer[F] The Sandman[F] [b][u]Lower Midcarder[/b][/u] Homicide[H] [b][u]Opener[/b][/u] Eddie Kingston[H] Mark Briscoe[H] Rocky Romero[H] Matt Bentley[H] Colt Cabana[F] Frankie Kazarian[H] Jay Briscoe[H] Delirious[F] Kevin Steen[H] Franky The Mobster[H] B-Boy[H] Jimmy Rave[H] [b][u]Announcing Team[/b][/u] Joey Styles[F] Taz[H] [b][u]Others[/b][/u] Mick Foley[H] Paul Heyman[F] Lance Storm[H] Junyard Smokes[H] Ariel[H] Leia Meow]H][/COLOR][/center]

[B][U]ECW on Sci-Fi![/U][/B] [b]Pre-show[/b] Jimmy Rave defeats Tommy Dreamer in 12:17 with the Heel Hook [quote]Jimmy Rave and Tommy Dreamer have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. C+[/quote] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/3872790.jpg[/img] [b]Main Show[/b] ***The show opens up LIVE in front of 5000 people at the Manhatten Center*** [b]Styles:[/b] Ladies and gentlemen welcome! to another edition of ECW! im Joey Styles along with my partner Taz. We are coming to you LIVE! from the sold out Manhatten Center in New York city! and tonight Taz we are going to have a HUGE main event! as CM Punk puts up his ECW title on the line against Bobby Lashley. [b]Taz:[/b] Yeah well the last time these two went at it, Punk was with the New Breed and WON the ECW title but thats not the case anymore. Punk has all the respect in the world for Lashley so this should be one hell of a match! [quote]Styles and Tazz Hype the upcoming match between CM Punk and Bobby Lashley from the comfort of their announcers table. C[/quote] [b]Chris Hero vs Delirious[/b] [quote]Opening match contained alot of offense to get the crowd going, Chris Hero defeated Delirious in 9:58 by pinfall with a Heros Welcome. C+[/quote] ***Cameras cut to the backstage area as we see Bobby Lashley on the floor covered in blood. Paul Heyman rushes to the location and screams for help*** [quote]Bobby Lashley is found hurt backstage by Paul Heyman. C[/quote] [b]Styles:[/b] Oh MY GAWD! what the hell happen to Lashley!? how could he over come this to compete tonight? [b]Taz:[/b] Well i aint no doctor but he sure doesnt look like he can compete tonight. All hell has broken loose tonight! [B]Briscoe Brothers vs Impact Players[/b] [quote]Briscoe Brothers defeated Impact Players in 9:56 when Jay Briscoe defeated Lance Storm by pinfall with a Jay Driller. C-[/quote] ***Cameras cut to the back as a limo is shown arriving*** [b]Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Elijah Burke[/b] [quote]Yoshihiro Tajiri defeated Elijah Burke in 7:51 by pinfall with a Buzzsaw Kick. B-[/quote] ***A hype video is shown announcing RVD in action next week!*** [quote]A music video is shown to promote Rob Van Dam. E+(WTF!?)[/quote] [b]Styles:[/b] Well fans yes RVD will be in action next week. The last time we seen him in action he was part of the four way title match at the Great American Bash. But lets talk about tonight Taz. [b]Taz:[/b] Well we were expecting Lashley and Punk tonight but from what we seen earlier Lashley as been put out of the picture. I guess we just have to wait and see later on. [b]Homicide vs Little Guido[/b] [quote]Homicide defeated Little Guido Maritato in 7:17 by pinfall with a Cop Killa. Little Guido Maritato and Homicide have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. This match lifted the crowd. B+[/quote] ***CM Punk comes out to the ring for the main event. He awaits Lashley but familiar music hits...its MICK FOLEY!*** [b]Styles:[/b] What the hell what is he doing here!? [b]Taz:[/b] I dont know but from the reaction of these fans it seems like they havent forgotten about his past insults against ECW. [b]Foley:[/b] PUNK! last night i got a call from Vince McMahon himself! ***Fans start booing...chanting Foley sucks!*** [b]Foley:[/b] He wanted me to come to ECW and shake things up a bit!...and thats what im going to do! tonight you were expected to put your ECW title on the line against Lashley. But due to...unexpected punishment. ***Foley whips out a bloody bat and grins*** [b]Styles:[/b] Oh dont tell me!...that SOB was the one who attacked Lashley!? [b]Foley:[/b] I have found an replacement. So I hope your ready to defend your title against oh lets just say...an OLD FRIEND OF MINE! ***All of a sudden Metalingus by Alter Bridge plays and EDGE appears!*** [b]Styles:[/b] OH MY GAWD! Taz...tha thats...thats EDGE! [b]Taz:[/b] Why is HE here??? is he now ECW!? [quote]B- rating[/quote] [b]Edge vs CM Punk for the ECW title[/b] [quote]Edge defeated CM Punk in 10:47 by pinfall with a Spear after Foley nailed Punk with a chair. Edge wins the ECW Heavyweight title.[/quote] [b]Styles:[/b] NO DAMNIT! not like that! my god ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves a new ECW champion!...those two SOBs stole the title! what does this mean for ECW!? ***ECW goes off the air with Foley and Edge raising their hands in victory over the body of Punk.*** [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/050.jpg[/IMG] [quote]Final rating B. The show could be considered a success.[/quote]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/internet.jpg[/IMG] Last night's ECW scored a rating of 17.42, the highest in 8 shows. That was due to the fact that Edge made his first appearance as a ECW wrestler and winning the ECW title. The Sandman has officially returned from his one week suspension. It is being said that if he continues to act up that the next punishment is termination. The Undertakers WWE contract is now up for renewal. He is now able to get in talks with other promotions but its very unlikely to happen. Taker is currently in talks to renew his contract. It was being debated wether to send Edge to SD! or ECW! before last night's ECW. The decision was made an hour before ECW to bring him in to ECW to enhance the brand with a superstar who has their way with the microphone. OOC: Anyone know a good site with wrestling photos?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/3871766.jpg[/IMG] [b][color=blue]WWE Smackdown! preview for Friday, week 4, June 2007[/b][/color] This past Monday on RAW, The Coach announced that he traded Ric Flair for Smackdowns! Chris Benoit. Will Flair appear on Smackdown!? if so what does will he have in mind? Also the brightest tag team in WWE history will be in action as the Revolution take on London & Kendrick...will they get back on track to the tag title picture? or will their losing streak continue? also in action the fastest rising star and World Heavyweight champion Ken Kennedy will take on Kane! dont miss WWE Friday night Smackdown!

[QUOTE=Big D;233259]Any feedback? ideas? opinions? also updated rosters.[/QUOTE] Well I quite liked the idea of Foley bringing in Edge considering their past angle. It's a little had to get into straight away though due to the massive and generally unexplained influx of indy guys. I mean I know you've got Vince wanting to revolutionize his product, but there just seem a ton of guys that are already just 'there' and well up the card. I mean, how did AJ Styles get to the upper midcard on Smackdown? Is he there because the AI ideal roster put him there? Did he defeat anyone significant? How did he debut? Etc. Then you can kinda apply the same question to most of the additions. I'm not being a stickler for realism as to who the WWE would sign or which guys wouldn't leave their promotions to join the WWE, but if you're going to completely overhaul the fed in such a way, you really need to break some of the guys in a bit. I know you posted a little on when they debuted and a couple of switches, but it just feels a bit all over the place. Of course that's just my personal opinion/advice. The actual show you posted was pretty good, it just gives off the impression you've jumped into it a bit too quickly.

[b][u]WWE Friday Night Smackdown![/b][/u] [b]Pre-show[/b] Alex Shelley defeated Chris Sabin in 14:32 by pinfall with a Sliced Bread #2. [quote]The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. C+[/quote] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/3871766.jpg[/img] [b]Main Show[/b] ***The show opens up in front of 7,952 people at the Florence Civic Center in South Carolina*** [b]Cole:[/b] Welcome everybody to Friday Night Smackdown! we are coming to you from the Florence Civic Center in South Carolina! Im Michael Cole along ringside with JBL! [b]JBL:[/b] Oh shut the hell up Cole!...tonight we are going to witness just why we are the better brand! [b]Cole:[/b] Tonight the World Heavy...well speaking of the devil! ***Kennedy's music hits to a group of boo's by the fans and makes his way to the ring*** [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/normal_17.jpg[/IMG] [b]Kennedy:[/b] Ladies and gentlemen...the fastest rising star in the history of wrestling...FORMER! mr. money in the bank!...YOUR! World Heavyweight champION!...MISTER!...KENNEDY!!!!.......KENNEDY! EVERY SINGLE DAY! i come out here and say the same damn thing! but for some reason you idiots just dont get it! ever since making my debut on Smackdown! i have face the best and i have beaten the best! thats the reason i am the heavyweight champion!...in yet you people have a hard time facing the facts! tonight i face Kane! ***fans start cheering*** [b]Kennedy:[/b] Ive already beaten him in my mind and when the match starts im going to beat him in reality!. Theres no one out there on Smackdown! left to beat! I AM THE GRE... ***Kennedy gets intrupted by the newest addition to the Smackdown! roster RIC FLAIR and the fans go wild*** [b]Flair:[/b] WAIT JUST A MINUTE!...SON! I guess you didnt get the memo yet! so let me just inform you. Ric Flair has arrive! WWWOOOO! [b]Cole:[/b] My god Flair is here on Smackdown! tonight! [b]Flair:[/b] You say you have beaten the best Smackdown! has to offer. Well you havent beaten...ME! and like i always say daddy boy TO BE THE BEST...YOU GOT TO BEAT THE BEST! and you can mark my words when I say...that championship thats over your shoulder ill be MINE ONCE AGAIN! WOO! ***Flair's music plays as Smackdown goes to a commerical break*** [quote][b]rating: B+[/b][/quote] [b]Petey Williams vs Scotty 2 Hotty[/b] [quote]Petey Williams defeated Scotty 2 Hotty in 13:35 by pinfall with a Canadian Destroyer. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Petey Williams is improving in Performance skills. D+[/quote] [b]Cole:[/b] Well fans if your just joining us. This is what you missed, Ric Flair the newest addition to Smackdown!...apparently has his sights on Mr. Kennedy and that World Heavyweight championship! [b]JBL:[/b] Well Cole its no secret that Flair has been eying one more championship run. He believe's he has it in him and can do it so its going to be interesting to see. [b]Duece vs Jimmy Wang Yang[/b] [quote]Deuce. defeated Jimmy Wang Yang in 10:40 by pinfall when Cherry. interfered. Deuce. and Cherry. have excellent chemistry together. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. C[/quote] ***Cameras cut to the parking lot as a red, white, and blue hummer limo arrives. MVP gets off and walks into the building with the US championship.*** [quote]rating: B[/quote] [b]The Revolution vs Lodon & Kendrick[/b] [quote]The Revolution defeated The Hooligans in 20:28 when AJ Styles defeated Brian Kendrick by pinfall with The Eclipse. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. C[/quote] [b]MVP vs Matt Hardy Non-title[/b] [quote]Montel Vontavious Porter defeated Matt Hardy in 14:38 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Matt Hardy seemed off his game tonight. Montel Vontavious Porter was slowed by injury somewhat. Matt Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. D+[OUCH!][/quote] ***Backstage the Revolution are shown walking and all of a sudden Duece N Domino attack both men from behind with black bats.*** [quote]Deuce. and Cherry. have excellent chemistry together. This segment didn't go down with a crowd who came primarily to see in-ring action. E+[/quote] [b]Chavo Guerrero vs Jay Lethal Non-title[/b] [quote]Jay Lethal defeated Chavo Guerrero in 13:06 by pinfall with a Lethal Injection. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.[/quote] [b]Kane vs Mr. Kennedy Non-title[/b] [quote]Kane defeated Ken Kennedy in 14:36 by pinfall following interference from Ric Flair. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. This match lifted the crowd. B[/quote] ***After the match Ric Flair keeps his eyes on Kennedy as Kennedy doesnt believe Flair costed him the match. Flair smiles as the show goes off the air.*** [quote]rating: B[/quote] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/flair.jpg[/IMG] [quote] Overall rating: B- This show might of hurt our Pop overall[/quote]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/internet.jpg[/img] All hell has broken loose backstage at the Smackdown! tapings last night. It is being reported that Jamie Noble, Balls Mahoney, Val Venis, and Gregory Helms all have been involved in fights with eachother. Jamie Noble and Balls Mahoney have been suspended for 1 month, Val Venis, and Gregory Helms have been fined. Last night's Smackdown! racked in a rating of 14.76 on the CW Network. MVP has said himself that he has fully recovered from his eye injury that has been bothering him for the past 3 weeks. And in other news, the WWE and Percy Pringle III have came to an 24 month contract agreement earlier today. Pringle is best known for his Paul Bearer character. There is no insight on what his role will be.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mrkuruption/4144570.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Red"]WWE RAW preview for Monday, week 1, July 2007[/COLOR][/B] Last week, Raw came to you LIVE from the Air Canada Centre. Chris Benoit made is way to RAW via trade, and Chris Jericho made is shocking return to wrestling. They teamed up to face Rated RKO and Y2J picked up the win against Edge which forced Edge out of RAW, thanks to his own partner Randy Orton. Why did he leave his own partner last week? will he explain his actions tonight? Stone Cold Steve Austin is back at full force, but not as a wrestler. As the new GM of RAW, so what will Austin have in store this time around? find out LIVE on the USA Network!

I dig the storylines and the news updates, but you should really try and make the matches themselves a little more detailed. Things like 'the colour commentary gave this match a boost' and the chemistry aren't really relevant in a diary. Try and write a few sentences about the match rather than just using what TEW spits out, and people will get more into the cards.

Archived