Talent evaluation

Okay I will try not to get to carried away with this post. How are we to evaluate the raw numbers we are given in the game? I would like a player card screen shot next. I made a program for NCAA 2004 and 2005 where I could take the numbers they gave and then plug them in and get within a point of the actual rating. I think this year you can just buy the ratings. By this I mean with recruiting points. For the guys with GDS can you address this issue next. Are the numbers given by the recruiting service accurate all the time or will there be a flop here and there?

The accuracy of the evaluation for recruits depends on how you allocated your budget for scouting reports. If you choose the highest amount for the region the recruit is in, and the highest amount for the recruit's natural position, you will get the most accurate view of his abilities and skills possible. There is still some margin for error and some players will go well above their expected potential, while others fall short - regardless of scouting.

sling think that is a loaded ?. you can have a stud QB in High School and just an avg QB in college. thats like saying ever Number 1 pick in the NFL are going to be superstars. NFL teams have tons of data for prospective Draft pick and just do not fan out in the Pros.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TideTiger
I am curious. Will there be certain qualifiers that can be used to determine which players will make solid college players (character, toughness, etc)?

Wow Arlie, that's great to hear. I love the fact that you have busts and also overachievers. I think the way you are approaching recruits is very realistic and I can't wait for more info on this game. OOTP...you are in serious trouble. [QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]The accuracy of the evaluation for recruits depends on how you allocated your budget for scouting reports. If you choose the highest amount for the region the recruit is in, and the highest amount for the recruit's natural position, you will get the most accurate view of his abilities and skills possible. There is still some margin for error and some players will go well above their expected potential, while others fall short - regardless of scouting.[/QUOTE] :D

Archived