I understand that Respect is an important stat in order to keep the locker room happy, but what does the Respect stat really reflect? Is it how well the wrestler is respected in the wrestling business in general? You see, I am trying to create my home promotion in a small European country, and only a few of these have ever wrestled abroad. So.. I would think the respect stat is a little low, but the locker room is still very nice. See my dilemma? How to keep the locker room clean while not artificially increasing the respect to levels that more well-known wrestlers should have. Maybe I should put a couple as locker-room leaders?

[QUOTE=Rey619;240767]I understand that Respect is an important stat in order to keep the locker room happy, but what does the Respect stat really reflect? Is it how well the wrestler is respected in the wrestling business in general? You see, I am trying to create my home promotion in a small European country, and only a few of these have ever wrestled abroad. So.. I would think the respect stat is a little low, but the locker room is still very nice. See my dilemma? How to keep the locker room clean while not artificially increasing the respect to levels that more well-known wrestlers should have. Maybe I should put a couple as locker-room leaders?[/QUOTE] Hey, rey! Nice to see you here! Check out The Dunvegan Dynasty! :D Anyway, I can field this question. Respect is basically exactly that: respect. It's how much respect the person has in the wrestling business. Anyone above a certain level (B- IIRC) is a locker room leader unless they have the personalty traits selfish or master politician (again IIRC), and if young lions are active, anyone below D+ (again IIRC) beating a person above that level will cause a bad crowd reaction and a stiff penalty. Also, road agents need respect, as do announcers. As for a small promotion, well, that's a catch for you. If you're local or small, you probably won't have any locker room leaders, and thus will get annoyed by the message stating as much every single show. Not much you can do about that unless you hire a cheap old guy who happens to have enough respect. Generally speaking, I would say respect should be about on par with the skill levels and popularity levels of the workers. In a local, you probably won't have more than E, getting up to D or C when small. Once you hit regional, then you're more likely to have locker room leaders, and much more likely to need them, because that's when you're truly "professional". Hope that helps, and hope you're enjoying the game, friend!

The locker room is "nice" because of the personalities in it - professional, normal etc, no free spirits, manipulative, driven, politicians, jackasses etc - and without people of those negative personalities, you don't need many (if any at all) people with high respect to keep control.

Thanks for the replies. I don't think anyone of the guys here are jackasses, so hopefully, it will be fine. I better take a couple of test runs with the promotion before I really find out. Anubis: Yeah, I have been more or less playing TEW, not TNM for the last 6 months or so. First with the Cornellverse, and now with T-Zone. I see your Dunvegan dynasty lives on here, good for you!

[QUOTE=Rob4590;240773]The locker room is "nice" because of the personalities in it - professional, normal etc, no free spirits, manipulative, driven, politicians, jackasses etc - and without people of those negative personalities, you don't need many (if any at all) people with high respect to keep control.[/QUOTE] One thing I'd like to mention: Driven is [i]not[/i] a negative personality trait as far as I have seen. In fact, people who are Driven can frequently perform at or above their normal potential, making them an asset more often than not. Driven is only a problem when coupled with Master Politician, Selfish, or Egomaniac. People with Driven and Professional are some of the best workers you can possibly have along with Very Nice and Professional.

Archived