PWT: The Revolution Begins in Earnest

[QUOTE]Where did I come in? I suppose there’s not much to tell, really. I went to college with Marv Earnest – University of Michigan. We were friends, and then we graduated, and we sort of drifted apart. You know – we talked on occasion, if he was in town. These things happen. I got a job as a file clerk at a law firm in town – I always meant to go to law school, it never happened. Marv, well, you know what Marv did. He was a wrestling announcer. Never made him much money – he was in and out of day jobs all the time, working as a temp – but hell, I didn’t exactly get rich either. Then PWT started. The whole A-Pro thing started – you know, all the local promotions. LA Wrestling, Kings, Love With Blood, all of them. That was in 2007, and they hired Marv to run their Ann Arbor branch, Pro Wrestling Tomorrow they called it, and he needed a booker. Now, Marv’s a smart guy. Marv’s been around long enough, and worked with enough wrestling companies, to know about politics. Anyone he could get for that job – a wrestler, another announcer, whoever – would have his biases. And they might not always match up with Marv’s, and that would be trouble. But a guy like me – I had no history. As far as the wrestling business goes, I was a blank slate. Not saying a yes-man or anything – I booked the shows. But my opinions were based on what a worker could deliver to the company, not on some time I got into an argument with him at a show. And I was in Ann Arbor at the time anyway, so he hired me as his booker. So that’s how it began – in a three-room office in Ann Arbor, a block and a half away from the Boiler Room... - Interview with Reggie Jensen from Norton, M., [I]Nine-Count: The Rise of A-Pro[/i] (Squared Circle Press, 2033)[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="4"]PRO WRESTLING TOMORROW: THE REVOLUTION BEGINS IN EARNEST[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]A Cornellverse Dynasty[/SIZE][/B]

“So, Reggie, here’s the premise. DAVE is dying.” “Wait, are they?” Marv took another sip of his coffee. “You tell me. Nemesis just retired. They lost Kurt Laramee, who they pushed to the moon, and he wasn't really working out anyway. The rumors say Eddie Peak is going to leave soon. Eric Tyler's on the brink of retirement. So are Johnny Martin, Vin Tanner, JD Morgan... oh, and they lost Alex Braun." "To who?" That sounded wrong -- I just saw Braun on Danger Zone a week ago. "To us." "I thought you said you hadn't signed anyone yet." "Oh, not [I]us[/I] us. They set Braun up with his own promotion in Raleigh." "How's that us?" "That's what I'm getting to. DAVE is losing all their talent, they're in financial trouble, a lot of people in the industry give them about three years. So these investors -- movie industry people, mostly -- decide to form a promotion to fill their market niche. Some hardcore stuff, some technical wrestling." "Okay, that makes sense. But why are we starting a local federation in Ann Arbor, and then Alex Braun is starting one in Raleigh, and... are there any others?" "Nine. One lin LA, one in Philly, one in Austin... a lot of college towns. They want the college market." "But not the [I]national[/I] market?" This made no sense to me. It was a lot to deal with. "That comes later. What they want now is, first of all, they want to test as many different wrestlers and as many different styles as possible, so they're starting all these different promotions in different regions, telling us to try stuff out, see what sticks. By the way, that's the one restriction they gave us -- none of us can sign anyone who's under contract to another one of us. The other thing they want is, they want to seem real." "Real how?" "They don't want the fans to think of them as an upstart, a federation started by a bunch of rich guys who decided to throw money at wrestling. If we start as an underground thing, local federations putting on weekly shows in college towns, and build from there, people will think of us as authentic. So they're basically giving us the money and letting it sit for a couple years before they make any moves." "That's... they're just giving us a million dollars and 'letting it sit'? Is [I]everyone[/I] getting that much?" "Oh, yeah", Marv said. "Some of them are getting more, even. LA Wrestling has to compete with the Coastal Zone federation, and I think the Philly one has a million and a half. Everything's more expensive on the East Coast. Remember, they're in the movie business. They've given out ten million to the federations for development, maybe five million for promotion. You know what it costs to make a movie these days? This is nothing to them. And remember, SWF made $400 million last year, and they didn't even have an especially good year." "So... this is really happening?" "Pretty much. You interested in booking for us, Reggie?" "Where do I sign?"

OOC: The details The game is set in the standard Cornellverse with a few minor changes, chief of which is the addition of nine small-sized promotions. As a general rule, these all have the same basic template: they start with a million dollars, 25% prestige, 30% overness in their home territory, and 5% overness in each of two other territories. (LAW and LWBW each have a little extra prestige/money/overness, while Kings Wrestling has a lot more prestige but no additional overness or money due to Crippler Ray Kingman's reputation.) All of them have non-aggression pacts with each other; all are hostile with DAVE; LAW is at war with CZCW. Also, they're all touring promotions -- running one show a week in every month but January and July. Here's a list of the promotions and their owners/bookers. All owners have lifetime contracts; some bookers have lifetime deals, some written, and some PPA. (I've edited a few of them to give them business/booking skills; I'll note the PPA bookers, none of whom I assigned myself.) [B]DERANGED WRESTLING INC.[/B]: Little more than organized backyard wrestling, Athens, Georgia's DWI is the most dangerous and most controversial of the promotions. Owned by Gareth Wayne, booked by Lee Bambino. KEY FEATURES: Cult, Hardcore, Daredevil [B]FUTURE FIGHTING FEDERATION[/B]: Portland, Oregon's 3F takes its cues from Japanese wrestling, delivering a hard-hitting, athletically-demanding product. Unlike the likes of PGHW, though, it still runs angles and so forth. Owned by Farrah Hesketh, booked by Suzanne Brazzle (PPA). KEY FEATURES: Realism, Pure [B]HARD TIMES WRESTLING[/B]: It may be a sign of the times that a promotion like HTW can exist -- based in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina, it basically bills itself as an old-fashioned hardcore promotion, and thrives on early-'90s nostalgia. Alex Braun owns the promotion, and Shaun Gonzalez (PPA) books it. KEY FEATURES: Traditional, Cult, Hardcore [B]KINGS WRESTLING[/B]: Crippler Ray Kingman takes the helm of KW, a brawling-based federation in Minnesota's Twin Cities with a bit more sports-entertainment feel than A-Pro's other promotions. His son Barry is head booker. KEY FEATURES: Hardcore (but Traditional, Mainstream, and Cult are all heavy.) [B]LA WRESTLING[/B]: Designed specifically to weaken CZCW, another possible contender to succeed DAVE in the public consciousness, LAW plays a lot like its rival, only with a greater emphasis on hardcore wrestling. Master politician Fumihiro Ota plots the demise of his rivals, aided by booker Dean "The Machine" Daniels. KEY FEATURES: Cult, Modern. [B]LOVE WITH BLOOD WRESTLING:[/B] With dual bases in New York and Philadelphia, LWBW offers a physically demanding, innovative variation on hardcore wrestling with hints of MMA style. Owned by Honest Frank, booked by Leo "The Drifter" Davis (PPA). KEY FEATURES: Hardcore (but Cult, Realism, and Hyper-Realism are all heavy.) [B]NEW POWER WRESTLING[/B]: Owned by charismatic brawler Larry Wood, Austin, Texas' NPW is a good bit more character- and attitude-driven than some of its rival promotions. Grandmaster Phunk (PPA), another worker with charisma to spare, books. KEY FEATURES: Cult, Risque, Hardcore (Comedy is heavy). [B]WRESTLING RENAISSANCE[/B] Boston-based WR makes its entry into an already-crowded New England market, bringing a technically-oriented product and a no-nonsense style which focuses on its wrestlers as legitimate practitioners of an underappreciated art form. It's the least dangerous product of the nine, perhaps not surprising given that owner Craig "The Shooter" Prince and booker Reese Paige both had to retire due to injuries. KEY FEATURES: Cult, Pure, Realism.

Well, not exactly... just because [I]these[/I] guys [I]think[/I] DAVE is going to collapse, that doesn't mean that it'll happen. (I mean, has DAVE ever collapsed in a game [I]you've[/I] played?) I mean, the only legitimate damage I've done to DAVE, if you can call it that, is taking Alex Braun. (Thereby freeing Tank Bradley foir a solo push! ...oh, maybe I [I]have[/I] brought down DAVE after all.) But the Cornellverse backstory suggests that people [I]think[/I] DAVE is in danger, both in terms of finances and future talent, so it makes sense that somebody would look to capitalize on that. From my point of view, the main thing was to have a lot of promotions at roughly the same level, interested in roughly the same talent, and under a mutual non-aggression pact, so as to keep me from just taking the guys I always take when I'm starting out as a low-level created fed. (Not that I didn't get a few of them -- a certain New Yorker comes to mind, and a Canadian women's wrestler, and... well, you'll see.) Also, to have a few more things to talk about when considering the global picture. And... there are a few twists I have planned along the line. (Then again, my other plan was to fire myself as booker in my two-year-long DAVE game, then try to start again from the ground up while at war with DAVE. So yeah, maybe I [I]do[/I] have a thing about them. On the other hand, I did book them for two years once...) I've got the first show written up, but I need to write one more preliminary post (introducing a few more characters), so that'll all happen tomorrow.

The office, cluttered with papers – how had Marv accumulated so many papers so quickly? – consisted of three rooms. There was his (small) office, my (somewhat smaller) office, and the main room, which contained three desks, a copier, and several file cabinets. (Full of papers, no doubt.) At one of the desks sat an attractive young woman. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi[/COLOR]”, she said. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]I’m Sophie.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]It's nice to meet you, Sophie. I'm Reggie Jensen -- I'm the new booker. What do you do here?[/COLOR]” Oh, hell, that sounded unnecessarily accusatory. She didn't seem to hear it that way. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'm the office manager. Well, office manager, and assistant road agent, and Marv said maybe I might work as a valet, though I don’t know how serious he was. You have any experience in this business?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]None whatsoever.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, this is an example of a promotion being too small to hire enough people to really do the job right. No, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I’ve only been working it a couple years myself. That desk is Duncan Kendall’s – you may remember him from the Texas Wrestling League. I don’t. Before my time[/COLOR].” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]He’s the road agent, right?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yeah. He’s part-time, though – also works for CZCW, so he’ll be coming in around Thursday every week. And that desk is the intern’s. Roberto – we call him Bobby. His ring name is Mort Norton.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Ring name? Our intern is a wrestler?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkRed"]A referee[/COLOR].” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I thought Dwight Kumas was the ref?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Bobby’s in training. He’s going to referee the pre-show.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Hey hey! What’s going on?[/COLOR]” This kid walked into the room – couldn’t have been more than 17, and he was maybe 5’4” and skinny, so he looked even younger. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Bobby, this is Reggie Jensen. He’ll be booking this federation.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Hey, boss. Nice to meet you![/COLOR]” He shook my hand. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Bobby’s getting class credit for helping us out.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Where do you go to school?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Ann Arbor High![/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Really? I went there myself -- class of '94. Nice to meet you, Bobby. Is Marv in?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Sure is, boss![/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Thanks.[/COLOR]” I walked into Marv’s office to find him looking at his computer in a vaguely disgusted fashion. “[COLOR="Blue"]Reggie[/COLOR]”, he said. “[COLOR="Blue"]We’ve got a problem. Maybe.[/COLOR]” Well, this was an excellent way to start my new job. “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]...Okay. What’s up?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Just got a note from A-Pro, which says they’re sending us a couple of wrestlers with experience in national federations[/COLOR].” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Really? Why's that bad?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Well, they managed to sign Emma Bitch from North of the Border...[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Hm, is she that bad?[/COLOR]” The name sounded sort of familiar -- but I didn't keep up all that well with Canadian wrestling. The only Emma I really knew was Emma Chase. Oh, man, Emma Chase... why couldn't we get [I]her[/I]? “[COLOR="Blue"]No, no, she's okay. But they also got Jesus Chavez from DAVE.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Jesus Chavez? Shawn Gonzalez’ bodyguard? That guy’s horrible.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Yeah, I know. But you know how they are about DAVE – anything they can do to hurt DAVE, they do it.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]How does this hurt DAVE, seriously? You’d think we’d [I]want [/I]DAVE to build their future around guys like that.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]I... I don’t know, Reggie. All I know is they’ve signed him, and they’ve promised him a title run, and we’re stuck with it.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I thought you said they were going to stay hands-off.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]They said they were. This might be an exception. I don't know, Reggie.[/COLOR]” He seemed a bit upset. I had to keep him calm. “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Well, anyway, we can make up for it. Last night, I made a list of guys who don’t seem to be under written contracts, and who I think we should look into signing.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Go ahead, shoot.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]All right, first of all, Black Eagle.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Actually, LA Wrestling already signed him last week. So we can’t.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]...oh. Did they... already?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]A few of these other promotions already got started last week. We need to start making some calls before the rest of them get running.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]So... who else?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Lot of people. Almost all of the Coastal Zone roster, really – either they defected to LA Wrestling, or they’re working for Honest Frank. Those two and Ray Kingman picked up a LOT of wrestlers already.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]All right. Dark Angel?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Lot of cruiserweights you’re asking about. Triple-F has him.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Jongle Jack?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Love with Blood.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Hell Monkey?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]He’s... hm, nobody got him yet. We can definitely call him.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]All right, now we’re getting somewhere. Steve Flash?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Also Triple-F.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Okay, okay... this is bad. Do you have a list of people who HAVEN’T been signed?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]I do![/COLOR]” He handed me... two pieces of paper? I had... kind of hoped for more than two... it began to dawn on me that this booking business might be harder than I had thought. [I][B] NEXT: The first show! [/B][/I]

[I][B]We’ve been scheduled at the Boiler Room with a band opening for us. Not, unfortunately, a good band. As the off-key wailing of the Rodents dies down, Sophie is giving her instructions to Tempest Appleby and Danny Patterson. We’ve decided to let her and Mort work as the road agent and ref, respectively, for the pre-shows, so they can gather experience for the future. We’re going for a no-frills atmosphere for the pre-shows – Marv’s announcing them alone, and I don’t come in until the show starts officially. That way, we figure nobody will expect too much from them...[/B][/I] [B]PRE-SHOW[/B] [B]DANNY PATTERSON (0-0) vs. TEMPEST APPLEBY (0-0)[/B] Danny Patterson and Tempest Appleby become the answer to a trivia question – who wrestled the first match in PWT history? Unfortunately, Appleby also becomes the first man to botch a spot for the promotion, falling badly while attempting a springboard rana on the giant punk. It’s doubly embarrassing for the “Mover from Vancouver”, because the rana was supposed to be one of the few pieces of offense he got off. Yes, this was booked as a one-sided match in favor of Patterson, who hit a number of power moves on Appleby, culminating in a chokeslam for the pin. [I] Danny Patterson over Tempest Appleby in 7:11 via pinfall. Rating: E. [/I] [B]MAD DOG MORTIMER (0-0) vs. EMMA BITCH (0-0) in a Hardcore match[/B] Another match intended to set up a heel – in this case, Emma Bitch – at the expense of a lower-card face. Like the last one, it’s not good; the fans don’t care for the overbooking, as Emma seems more interested in inflicting harm on the largely-defenseless Mortimer than in scoring a pin; her opening move is a massive slap across Mortimer’s face which leaves him reeling, and the remainder of the bout includes nine low blows, the use of three separate chairs, and two instances of blading. It may not be surprising that, after less than nine minutes, Mortimer has completely blown up. Not surprising, but kind of pathetic. Emma mercifully pins him at 8:43, and follows him from the ring, taunting him incessantly. [I]Emma Bitch over Mad Dog Mortimer in 8:43 via pinfall. Rating: E.[/I] ________________ __________________ ___________________ ________________ [QUOTE]“[COLOR="Blue"]Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! I’m Marv Earnest, and this is my partner Reggie Jensen – and we’d like to ask you... are you ready for a fight?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Well, if you are, you’ve come to the right place, because this is PWT SUNDAY NIGHT SLAUGHTER![/COLOR]”[/QUOTE] [B] [SIZE="4"]PWT Sunday Night Slaughter Tour, Episode 1 (Week 2, Feb. 2007)[/SIZE][/B] ________________ __________________ ___________________ ________________ [B]MATCH 1: VELOCIDAD (0-0) vs. FRANKIE DEE (0-0)[/B] The masked luchador Velocidad sprints up the aisle, diving as he reaches the ring. He tucks and rolls under the bottom rope... in a flash, he leaps to his feet. Entering from the opposite side of the house, Frankie Dee walks slowly down the aisle – a pace that seems even slower, given his rival’s athletic entrance. Frankie climbs into the ring, removes his white robe, and drapes it over the turnbuckle. He bows to his opponent. Referee Dwight “Stretch” Kumas calls the match underway. [QUOTE]“[COLOR="Blue"]So, Reggie, what’s the story with this Velocidad?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]He’s from Mexico – he’s one of the hottest rising stars in the field of lucha libre! He’ll be visiting the country until the end of the tour in June, and we’re honored that he chose PWT for his first American appearance.[/COLOR]”[/QUOTE] Velocidad controls the early match, using a variety of flashy, athletic kicks, as well as springboard and top-rope moves. Frankie Dee fights defensively, though, and around the seven-minute mark, begins to make his move. He starts with some simple strikes, but he lands them cleanly, and they obviously have an effect on a tiring Velocidad. Three minutes later, the luchador is worn down, and practically defenseless against a forceful Shinanju Kick. Velocidad flies halfway across the ring – overselling, maybe? – and Frankie Dee picks up the three-count. [I]Frankie Dee over Velocidad in 10:03 via pinfall. Rating: D-.[/I] ________________ __________________ ___________________ ________________ [QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]It seems Velocidad needs to pace himself, Marv.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Yes. He had the momentum, he was hitting the moves, but he just couldn’t seem to close the deal. And Frankie bows to his defeated opponent, they’re shaking hands...[/COLOR] [/QUOTE] A voice in the back of the room shouts, “[COLOR="Red"]Oi! Wot’s this?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]It’s Danny Patterson, and he’s not happy! Oh, no, he’s coming down to the ring![/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Red"]Wot a coward! Look at you, runnin’ and hidin’ all match, and then you get a couple o’ good hits in, and now you shake his bleedin’ hand like it’s all nice now? Why ain’t you kickin’ his bleedin’ face in?[/COLOR]” “[B]Do not call me a coward[/B]”, Frankie replies. “[B]Nobody calls me a coward.[/B]” “[COLOR="Red"]Well, [I]that’s[/I] a lie[/COLOR]”, says Patterson. “[COLOR="Red"][I]I[/I] do.[/COLOR]” “[B]Nobody calls me a liar, either! [I]You[/I] are the liar – and you are a fool. I suggest you leave now before you disgrace yourself further.[/B]” “[COLOR="Red"]I’ll disgrace [I]you[/I], you weedy little wanker! I’ll disgrace you right now, I’ll disgrace yer teeth right out of yer head! Or if you’d like, I’ll fight you [I]next[/I] week! Nobody hides from me![/COLOR]” “[B]I hide from nobody. I am the White Angel Frankie Dee, and I will make you pay for your insults. Next week, Mister Patterson![/B]” [I] Danny Patterson challenges Frankie Dee to a match, which is accepted. Ratings: F for the challenge, F for the acceptance.[/I] [B] _______________ __________________ ___________________ ________________ MATCH 2: D-DOG (0-0) vs. SAYEED (0-0) in a Hardcore match[/B] D-Dog (the former Dog Fyte/Omar Brown) and Sayeed enter the ring in virtually the same way, each shouting out to the crowd and waving their arms. “Make some noise!”, says Sayeed. The match is also very even – a very solid, no-frills hardcore bout, with both workers employing a lot of punches and kicks. A baseball bat somehow finds its way into the ring around the eight-minute mark, and is duly employed for a few spots. Eventually, D-Dog scores the pinfall, grabbing a handful of the baggy jeans Sayeed wears in lieu of tights. The crowd boos this development, unhappy to see such a cheap ending to the fight. D-Dog over Sayeed in 14:03 via pinfall (cheating). Rating: E+. Sayeed jumps up to protest, and D-Dog punches him square in the jaw. Sayeed crumples to the ground, and D-Dog lays into him with a series of brutal kicks to the midsection. D-Dog walks off, leaving [QUOTE]“[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Looks like D-Dog is following the Danny Patterson approach to post-match conduct, Marv[/COLOR].” “[COLOR="Blue"]Is he allowed to do that? How can he be allowed to do that?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]The man grew up on the streets of Detroit, Marv. He had to fight thugs with knives and lead pipes just to get to school some days. Are you going to stop him?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Well, [I]I’m[/I] not. But someone should![/COLOR]”[/QUOTE] The lanky ref, Dwight Kumas, turns to help Sayeed out of the ring. [I]D-Dog inflicts a post-match beatdown on Sayeed. Rating: F.[/I] ________________ __________________ ___________________ ________________ [B]MATCH 3: HELL MONKEY (0-0) vs. JESUS CHAVEZ (0-0) vs. OLAF GUYOVICH (0-0)[/B] [QUOTE]“[COLOR="Blue"]And now, ladies, and gentlemen – your main event! This will be a three-way battle for the Pro Wrestling Tomorrow Championship Belt. In this corner, from New York City – Moses McInnis – the man they call the Hell Monkey![/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]He’s wrestled in Japan, and he’s one of the most respected wrestlers in the world today[/COLOR].” “[COLOR="Blue"]In this corner, the protege of the legendary Shawn Gonzalez – it’s the Latin King, Jesus Chavez![/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Does Shawn Gonzalez qualify as “legendary”, Marv?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]And in yet another corner, the biggest bear of them all, from Omsk, Russia -- Olaf Guyovich![/COLOR]” (OOC note: Guyovich is better known as Danny Rushmore.) “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Not much is known about him – except that he’s one of the toughest men you’ll ever meet.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]I don’t know, Reggie -- I’d just as soon [I]not[/I] meet him![/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]You’ve already met him, Marv. You met him backstage.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Blue"]Oh, yeah. He’s a scary guy.[/COLOR]”[/QUOTE] Perhaps the crowd got their fill of characters with gang-related gimmicks in the last match, and perhaps it’s just because he sucks, but as we feared, the crowd was not going for Jesus Chavez at all. Any time he got some offense, they started booing – and not in the “somebody defeat this menace!” sense, more in the “get this guy out of the ring” sense. The booing just intensified as Chavez grew tired. But the other two fighters did their job – Monkey in particular was magnificent in the role of the embattled face gamely absorbing punishment from two larger heels, while Guyovich was much more genuinely menacing than he is genuinely Russian. Guyovich hit the Siberian Tiger Bomb at 21:50 and covered Hell Monkey for the win as Chavez looked on, standing in the corner of the ring with an impassive eye. [I]Olaf Guyovich in 21:50 over Hell Monkey (and Jesus Chavez) via pinfall. Rating: D.[/I] ________________ __________________ ___________________ ________________ Chavez walked off silently, as Guyovich hoisted the belt. Monkey was furious. “Did you see that?”, he exclaimed to nobody in particular. “Did you see that s***!? Where was he?” Marv Earnest is back on the mic. “[COLOR="Blue"]Well, if Hell Monkey wants his chance at revenge, he’ll get it next week, as he takes on Jesus Chavez. Meanwhile, Olaf Guyovich makes his first defense of the championship belt, facing the beast known only as Revelation. I’m Marv Earnest, and for Reggie Jensen, we’ll see you next week![/COLOR]” [I] Two match announcements. Ratings: E- for Chavez-Monkey, E for Guyovich-Revelation. [/I] TOTAL RATING: D-

Archived