Toggle Ratings for Draft

Arlie, something I would like to see implemented into BBCF Pro is the ability for the commissioner of a MP league, and I guess the singeplayer user, to be able to toggle an option to turn off ratings for the players in the draft, and even if you want, the entire league. In the NFL, coaches/GMs like Billichek, Andy Reid, Bill Polian, etc, are able to find talents late in the draft or through post-draft UFAs. I'd like that to be possible in the pro game. Also, this allows for people to have good or bad drafts. With the number ratings, it's easy to pick up the correct player in the correct spot. I'd also like to see a realistic comparison of the NFL into BBCF Pro in terms of late round finds.

The 2005 mock draft had him going to Atlanta in the third round (#15 in the round, #79 overall). Sure, he rushed for 2500 yards, but he was in a then-mediocre conference (as the Big XII was), had less-than-ideal speed for his position, and seemed to be more of a system back.

I really like the idea of stats only if the stats actually have some significance in player ability, traits, etc. I agree drafting using the numbers ratings doesnt do more than just have everyone picking in order. Yes, there was a gamble in that some players were as good as or above the numbers ratings while others were below, but still, it would be a terrific feature if all the teams had an independent means of judging talent and ranking players according to their systems rather than every team having the same evaluative ratings for the players.

That works! That would work great as long as there is a lot of rookies available post draft, the numbers mean something (especially in relation to the strength of the college conference), and as long as the teams that elect to spend more money on scouting will have a better scouting report.

Archived