Real World DOTM Nominations: June

Ok, we seem to have some semblance of a system now. So here's the new rules. The fans will nominate as usual, posting who they think should be nominated. However, they will need to give a reason, and it better be a good one (And not just because 'ZOMG!!! It's teh awesomezor!!!'). The diary must also have had a minimum of five shows, just to keep all those 'it seemed like a great idea at the time' diaries out of here. Anyone nominated by this method will be on the shortlist. After a week, nominations will be closed, then our panel of judges will make a list of the diaries (Copy/Paste works :D) and simply write 'Yes' or 'No' next to them. They'll PM it to me, and I'll tally up the results. Anything with more 'Yes's than 'No's will get through to the real voting stage. Anything with more 'No's than 'Yes's... Well, they won't get through to the voting. Should a member of our panel get nominated, they won't get to vote on their diary in said PM, to keep it fair. Our panel this month is: DocStevens, Outlaw321 and Payne, as well as last month's winner Tommytomlin and Me, G-Prime (Substituting the month before's winner, Outlaw). So get nominating folks, and make your reasons good... There's no guarantee the panel has read your nomination, so it might be your reason that gets it through...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][SIZE="5"]Nomination for NWA: Return To Glory by Wildfire[/SIZE][/B] I should be on his payroll, as I probably enjoy reading this diary more so than playing the game itself... The diary has a simple formula of having a "A" Television show (Coast to Coast) and a "B" Television show (Fusion) since last months nomininations it has held PPV "Texas Hold'em and "Bunkhouse Stampede" The reason I enjoy this and believe it deserves to be nominated, is that it has worked very similar to how the (Real World) NWA is reforming... Wildfire has maintained such a realistic approach, that if you watch Dave Marquez on youtube.com you'd swear he was following wildfire's approach.... Wildfire's NWA has not waged war against WWE or TNA for that matter, and with good reason, if you follow back to his backstory... The NWA instead has built itself with various independent wrestlers (Many from the now out of business in his game ROH), signed Japanese talent, mixed in with a few solid veterans He has created new wrestling personas in that he through character developement has made it believable that several MMA wrestlers have given the world of pro wrestling a shot... He has all readers wondering what the identities of masked wrestlers Mr. Wrestling III and The Patriot are, as we watch (read;-) how that storyline has developed... A. The overall character developement of wrestlers in wildfire's NWA are great, as captured by well written promos.... Just read the latest from Colt Cabana, Stan Hansen, Daizee Haze, Steve Corino B. Added subtle little touches in developeing new wrestlers.... See Julio Dinero, Michael "Dropkick" Murphy, Dave Prazak... C. Makes every main event of the any PPV, feel like your reading something special D. From a logistic point of view, it's very easy to read, has nice graphics and has a well formatted layout. E. Not only are you, as a reader, into the Diary itself, but just as intriguing is watching him grow his NWA into a wrestling Powerhouse... Nominated last month, he was right up there amongst the top DOTM contenders and should be nominated again this month with based on the great developing storylines involving Extreme Horsemen feud with Team Punishmnet and NWA in Genderal, The Evolving Patriot/Mr. Wrestling III saga, The increased action in tag teams, The recent takeover of many ROH wrestlers, Stan Hansen coming out of retirement ...amongst others Is this what we're looking for , as far as nominations go....

Yeah, that makes sense actually. Nice idea outlaw. Keep the nominations coming folks, we need some competition. And I'm repeating this here, the reason doesn't have to be anywhere near that long, just a couple of lines will do.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;246046]Yeah, that makes sense actually. Nice idea outlaw. Keep the nominations coming folks, we need some competition. And I'm repeating this here, the reason doesn't have to be anywhere near that long, just a couple of lines will do.[/QUOTE] Maybe I shoul've saved that nomination for Diary of THE YEAR

Guest The Aussie
WWE: Rebirth G-Prime, you are doing brilliantly in leading a sinking ship like the WWE in your diary. Yoe have created quite a few awesome personalities in your diary with special props going out to Vince, Brian Kendrick and yourself.

Not wanting to cause a fuss, but are the judges allowed to have their diarys nominated? Or all they all exempt from being entered? Just asking as noticed G-Prime is a judge and his has been nominated. Im not bothered really as I will say it is really good, but I know that for example if it is entered and wins, they'll prob be a few people moaning about a fix!

[QUOTE=Oldschool;246015][B][SIZE="5"]Nomination for NWA: Return To Glory by Wildfire[/SIZE][/B] I should be on his payroll, as I probably enjoy reading this diary more so than playing the game itself... The diary has a simple formula of having a "A" Television show (Coast to Coast) and a "B" Television show (Fusion) since last months nomininations it has held PPV "Texas Hold'em and "Bunkhouse Stampede" The reason I enjoy this and believe it deserves to be nominated, is that it has worked very similar to how the (Real World) NWA is reforming... Wildfire has maintained such a realistic approach, that if you watch Dave Marquez on youtube.com you'd swear he was following wildfire's approach.... Wildfire's NWA has not waged war against WWE or TNA for that matter, and with good reason, if you follow back to his backstory... The NWA instead has built itself with various independent wrestlers (Many from the now out of business in his game ROH), signed Japanese talent, mixed in with a few solid veterans He has created new wrestling personas in that he through character developement has made it believable that several MMA wrestlers have given the world of pro wrestling a shot... He has all readers wondering what the identities of masked wrestlers Mr. Wrestling III and The Patriot are, as we watch (read;-) how that storyline has developed... A. The overall character developement of wrestlers in wildfire's NWA are great, as captured by well written promos.... Just read the latest from Colt Cabana, Stan Hansen, Daizee Haze, Steve Corino B. Added subtle little touches in developeing new wrestlers.... See Julio Dinero, Michael "Dropkick" Murphy, Dave Prazak... C. Makes every main event of the any PPV, feel like your reading something special D. From a logistic point of view, it's very easy to read, has nice graphics and has a well formatted layout. E. Not only are you, as a reader, into the Diary itself, but just as intriguing is watching him grow his NWA into a wrestling Powerhouse... Nominated last month, he was right up there amongst the top DOTM contenders and should be nominated again this month with based on the great developing storylines involving Extreme Horsemen feud with Team Punishmnet and NWA in Genderal, The Evolving Patriot/Mr. Wrestling III saga, The increased action in tag teams, The recent takeover of many ROH wrestlers, Stan Hansen coming out of retirement ...amongst others Is this what we're looking for , as far as nominations go....[/QUOTE] Good job...the check is in the mail buddy. ;) In all seriousness, thanks for the nomination and for the all the support!

I'll nominate The Ego for his "The Saviour Of All Things Wrestling" TNA diary! It is a well written diary with a very easy style to read! His "internet" pages are entertaining and informative...I liked them so much I started to use them in my own diary! The Bret Hart/Kurt Angle rivalry he's got going on right now is probably the best feud in any diary at the moment!

G-Prime, by no means is this having a go, but I was just wondering about something. On the Titans diary you said you would have nominated it, but can't as you are a judge? Is that the best way to do it? For one thing, the judges should be the best critiques of diaries, so if they like it enough to nominate it then surely that's okay? There are 4 other judges to shoot it down if they don't like it. I agree you shouldn't be able to nominate yourself but nominating other people if you are a judge should be okay, in my opinion. And God knows I like to offer my opinion. As for my nomination this month, I like to offer a former winner in the Death Of WCW? by Tristram, because it is a clever, unique, creative piece of writing which really has the art of booking mastered. There is nothing showy or cheap about it, Tristram lets the diary do the talking. And he hasn't lost a step in his brief hiatus, because this month has been as good as ever as he has moved storylines on and furthered wrestlers careers as well as he's ever done.

how dare you question wether or not what you do is wrong or right? :( lol, only joking fella! I think judges should be free to nominate to be honest. Mostly due to the fact that the community is fairly small and if the judges dont voice there opinions its another 3 people being taken out of the decision making progress. in a competation were there is occasionally only one vote in it, it seems a tad unfair to not let the judges both nominate and vote. plus G Prime said he'd nomiate us! :D

Archived