Real World DOTM Nominations: June

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]NWA: Return to Glory[/B] by Wildfire1324 [B]WWE: Rebirth[/B] by G-Prime [B]Just Call Me The Saviour of All Things Wrestling[/B] by The Ego [B]Clash of the Titan Sports[/B] by keefmoon, Nevermore and panix04 [B]TNA- New Era[/B] by BIGJOSH [B]ECW Worldwide[/B] by Nevermore [B]WWE: A New Attitude[/B] by Consrvtve [B]Oh God! Not Another WWE Dynasty[/B] by joose2001

First, [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22521"]WWE: A New Attitude[/URL] by Consrvtve is the most under-rated diary on the forums. I reccomend the last card especially, the Punk/Funk angle is wicked. If I can nominate two, and considering I'm a freakin' JEDI, I'd hope so, I'll also nominate Joose's '[URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23241"]Oh God! Not Another WWE Dynasty!!'[/URL], I dig the simple show results - makes it easy to follow all three brands, and the back story is fun too.

My back story of not having a back story??!! lol I know Ive got no chance of winning this thing, as most of the others nominated are really good, but thank you for the nomination Tommy. Hopefully I'll get updated later today, being off work ill is a pain in the ass... Probably why Im trolling on here all week at the moment, but just havent got the mental energy to write more!

[QUOTE=panix04;247735]I'd like to nominate Nevermores ECW diary, its one of the few diarys i read reguarly and its consistently good. And it looks to be building up again nicely![/QUOTE] Thank you, buddy. I really appreciate that! Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=tristram;247292]Firstly, thanks keefy for the nomination. But, I must decline the nomination. I don't feel as though DOWCW is gauging much interesting at all at the moment, the story mustn't be interesting enough I guess, so I think it'd be wrong for it to be in the running. Good luck all.[/QUOTE] That is rather arrogant. If a diary gets nominated then it is nominated whether the author wants it to be or not. If people are willing to take the time to nominate someone then that person should appear on the list. Otherwise why should a person even bother taking the time to read a diary and nominate it?

[QUOTE=DocStevens;247755]That is rather arrogant. If a diary gets nominated then it is nominated whether the author wants it to be or not. If people are willing to take the time to nominate someone then that person should appear on the list. Otherwise why should a person even bother taking the time to read a diary and nominate it?[/QUOTE] I dont think its meant to come accross as aroogance. I emailed Tristram. And told him i thought he should really take part and he said that he just really didnt think his diary was up to par. i think he is concerned that its only really being nominated due to his previous endeavours, but i can assure you that he isnt trying to come accross diva-like with the statement, hes not that kinda guy!

[QUOTE=panix04;247757]I dont think its meant to come accross as aroogance. I emailed Tristram. And told him i thought he should really take part and he said that he just really didnt think his diary was up to par. i think he is concerned that its only really being nominated due to his previous endeavours, but i can assure you that he isnt trying to come accross diva-like with the statement, hes not that kinda guy![/QUOTE] I'll second that. In fact I Pm'ed tristram myself and he has his reasons for pulling or declining the nomination. Arrogance is most assuredly not one of them. As much as I feel that DOWCW? is worthy of a nomination, I believe that it is his right to decline if he sees fit.

[QUOTE=panix04;247757]I dont think its meant to come accross as aroogance. I emailed Tristram. And told him i thought he should really take part and he said that he just really didnt think his diary was up to par. i think he is concerned that its only really being nominated due to his previous endeavours, but i can assure you that he isnt trying to come accross diva-like with the statement, hes not that kinda guy![/QUOTE] That is cool, I just think that if a member of the community wants to nominate a diary then they should be able to do so without concern that the author will say "my work is not up to par so I decline". Lets not get so serious with this and just have fun. If a diary gets nominated then great, if not then that is also fine. Its all in fun! :D

[QUOTE=angeldelayette;247829]I would like to nominate "Battle lines have been drawn. What if the NWA struck first? by theoutlaw321 and AManNamedFred. The results are great to read and the behind the scenes stuff is fun. They seem to have a good feeling for the DOTT era.[/QUOTE] Thank you, thank you. I'd like to humblely accept this nomination and to thank all those little people that made this all.......hrmp.. excuse me for a minute.(He turns to talk to G-Prime who is so rudely interupting his acceptance of the nomination speech.) ...Urr...That's right. I'd love to accept the nomination, but the G-man says that I am not eligible this month, having not sat out my mandatory 2 month period.lol Thanks angeldelayette for the kind words. But having somehow won the month before last, I won't be eligible to compete until next month. Again, thanks for the sentiment.

My nomination is going to Wildfire's dynasty. It is just in my eyes the best Real World dynasty out there. It being one of the most long-running real world dynasty out there along with Nevermore's and Tristram's and I think it deserves my nomination. P.S. Better watch out next month, because my dynasty, Bushy Business: A Wrestling Story, should be eligible and I think it should be strong.

[QUOTE=nimo34;247860]My nomination is going to Wildfire's dynasty. It is just in my eyes the best Real World dynasty out there. It being one of the most long-running real world dynasty out there along with Nevermore's and Tristram's and I think it deserves my nomination. P.S. Better watch out next month, because my dynasty, Bushy Business: A Wrestling Story, should be eligible and I think it should be strong.[/QUOTE] Wildfire's already been nominated mate. And I'm going to continue to honour tristram's request and keep him out of the running. And outlaw, thanks for being honest about not being eligible, because, as sleepy as I am, I wouldn't have noticed, lol. I'll update the list. Only 12 hours or so to go guys.

[QUOTE=DocStevens;247755]That is rather arrogant. If a diary gets nominated then it is nominated whether the author wants it to be or not. If people are willing to take the time to nominate someone then that person should appear on the list. Otherwise why should a person even bother taking the time to read a diary and nominate it?[/QUOTE] Whoa dude, how is it arrogant? Mate, all I'll ask of you is try to know me before you claim I'm arrogant or otherwise, I don't appreciate that. I mean seriously, do you know anything about me aside from a diary I write for mine and other's enjoyment? As those who DID try to find out before calling me arrogant have testified, my reasons for declining the nomination are genuine. The part I disliked most about declining the nomination was if keef took offence to it, which knowing keef as I do he will not. Arrogance makes out like I believe I'm above this and treat it as contemptuous. Which I do not. G-Prime and all involved always have my gratitude for bringing real world diary's to prominence. My reasons are there for anyone who wants to PM me, I would rather not cloud up this thread with comments about why I choose not to be nominated, or pass judgment on a person's attitude or otherwise. This thread should be left for nomination discussion, not personal discussion. At the end of the day, I do DOWCW for no reason other than personal enjoyment, claiming I'm arrogant or my actions are arrogant or otherwise seriously diminishes that enjoyment. To say I'm mildly disappointed in that is putting it lightly.

Ok, nominations are closed. Thanks for playing. Now, would the judges take the list of nominees from earlier in the thread (it's completely updated) and copy/paste it into a PM to me. Next to each nomination, just write 'Yes' if you think they deserve to be nominated, or 'No' if you don't. It's simple. If your own diary is nominated, just leave it blank. You can base your nominations on your own thoughts of the diary, or the nominator's reasons if you don't read the diary. Simple enough? Please, get the PMs to me ASAP so I can start the poll.

Archived