NWA Faces Off With WWF

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Richardson Stadium in Davidson, North Carolina[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Heavyweight Title Match[/I][/B] Dusty Rhodes defends against Terry Funk[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA Anniversary Show Rematch[/I][/B] Harley Race vs. Ivan Koloff[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Great Kabuki vs. Mark Fleming[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Magnum T.A. vs. Pez Whatley[/QUOTE] [CENTER]All this and much, much more when Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling action comes to Davidson! Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated.[/CENTER]

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great anniversary show. Shame about the overall rating, the game can be harsh with those. Really liked the main event. With Valentine beltless and Dusty champ might we see a confrontation? NWA World Heavyweight Title Match [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] defends against Terry Funk [I]Big Dust isn't dropping like some chump so soon[/I] NWA Anniversary Show Rematch [B]Harley Race[/B] vs. Ivan Koloff [I]DQ with the Russian favouring a beatdown over a victory?[/I] [B]The Great Kabuki[/B] vs. Mark Fleming [I]Sending Valiant out of the company gives Kabuki momentum, would be a shame to end that so soon, maybe a date with Rotundo is on the cards?[/I] [B]Magnum T.A.[/B] vs. Pez Whatley [I]Looking forward to seeing where you go with Magnum, I only really know of him from the Ric Flair and Horsemen DVDs.[/I]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 1, October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Richardson Stadium, Davidson, North Carolina. Broadcast via TV Local - Mid Atlantic on Saturday at 8:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The show begins with highlights from the steel cage match between Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair at the NWA Anniversary Show. Dusty Rhodes picks up the win over Flair and they shake hands after the match, both men wearing crimson masks.[/I] =B+ [I]Once inside the arena, the crowd here in Davidson cheer loudly as out walks the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion Dusty Rhodes. He climbs into the ring, wearing the belt around his waist.[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Well, the American Dream is coming into Davidson North Carolina just the way he said he was going to: with the NWA World Heavyweight Title. I would like to thank the fans for sticking by me and I'd also like to extend a thank you to Ric Flair for providing an excellent match."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]Dusty's words are interrupted as two attendants wheel out a rather large white gift box. Dusty looks around rather surprised as it is left in the aisle with the announcers speculating on what it is, who it is from, etc. Dusty climbs out of the ring and heads up the aisle toward the box. He walks around it, studying it before it falls open and he gets punched! Dusty staggers back and Jake The Snake Roberts slides out of the box! He kicks Dusty in the gut and hits him against the new steel barricade seperating the fans from the ring. He draws Dusty into a short-arm clothesline and looks down at the NWA World Champion, smiling as he backs off and slithers up the aisle.[/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/PezWhatley.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The crowd really didn't care for this match even though Magnum T.A. and Pez Whatley each had great chemistry within the ring. Magnum ended up finishing the bout by pinfall following a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. Magnum T.A. defeated Pez Whatley in 6:30 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Magnum T.A. and Pez Whatley have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GreatKabuki.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GaryHart2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MarkFleming.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A video played next showing highlights of Jimmy Valiant vs. The Great Kabuki at the NWA Anniversary Show. Kabuki won, sending Valiant out of MACW![/I] =D+ [I]Inside the ring, Kabuki and Fleming didn't seem to click. It wasn't really much of a match with Kabuki dominating the entire time. Kabuki picked up the pinfall with a Heart Kick. The Great Kabuki defeated Mark Fleming in 3:41 by pinfall with a Heart Kick.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The Great Kabuki and Mark Fleming don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D [I]Following the match, Gary Hart climbed into the ring with a microphone, holding up Kabuki's hand.[/I] [B]Gary Hart:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Here is your winner. The man who finally kicked the Boogie Woogie Man out of my hair for good: The Great Kabuki!"[/COLOR] =C- [I]Jimmy Valiant walks out to some cheers from the crowd.[/I] [B]Gary Hart:[/B] [COLOR=REd]"You can't be here. You lost at the Anniversary Show. Go home!"[/COLOR] [I]Jimmy slips inside the ring and holds his hand up toward Kabuki.[/I] [B]Jimmy Valiant:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Hold on there, daddy. Jimmy Crockett gave me this time to thank the fans before I left the company. Fans, I'm sorry I wasn't able to beat this guy and now you're stuck watching him every week instead of the Boogie. Gary Hart, Great Kabuki thanks for the match daddys. Fans, I'm sorry."[/COLOR] [I]Jimmy shakes his head and leaves the ring with a smirking Gary Hart standing there.[/I] =C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HarleyRace2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/IvanKoloff.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A rematch from the Anniversary Show. Harley Race's second match back here in MACW. This one was a brawl and back and forth from the start. Ivan Koloff tried to get some pins late in the match but Race would always kick out. Koloff got frustrated and grabbed the chain from the corner, waiting for Race to get back up and giving him a Russian Sickle with the chain wrapped around his arm! Referee Randy Anderson had no choice but to call for the DQ. Harley Race defeated Ivan Koloff in 4:27 by disqualification.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Ivan Koloff could use something to freshen his character up. The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this match...=B- [I]Koloff stomped on Race after the bell, pushing Randy Anderson out of the way. He wrapped the chain around his fist and busted Race open with those hard punches! Race is left lying on the mat in a pool of his own blood as Ivan Koloff stands over him.[/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyEaton.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Bob and Brad Armstrong head down to the ring sliding inside. Brad grabs a microphone.[/I] [B]Brad Armstrong:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton the two of you got lucky at the Anniversary Show! Come on out here tonight and face my father and I again!"[/COLOR] [I]Bob shakes his head and pats his son on the shoulder.[/I] [B]Bob Armstrong:[/B] [COLOR=Blue]"What my overzealous son is trying to say is that we are challenging Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton to a rematch tonight."[/COLOR] =C- [I]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton walk out from the back.[/I] [B]Arn Anderson:[/B] [COLOR=WHITE]"Bob, you better control your boy there. His mouth is gonna start writing checks that your ass can't cash. Oh, wait, he already did. We accept the challenge tonight."[/COLOR] =C- [I]Anderson and Eaton climbed in the ring and went right after the Armstrongs, knocking them back. Tommy Young ran down to the ring and we have a match. This match was a little worse than the one they had at the Anniversary Show. Bob Armstrong got involved a little more in this one. After a little over 5 minutes, Bob shocked the world delivering a piledriver to Bobby Eaton and getting the pin! Bob & Brad Armstrong defeated Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton in 5:20 when Bob Armstrong defeated Bobby Eaton by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Bob Armstrong stood out as being good. The AndersonEaton/Armstrongs storyline has continued with this match. Bob Armstrong is improving in Rumble skills...=D+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/TerryFunk.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_hvy.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Dusty came out looking a little worse for wear out here tonight after that attack by Jake Roberts earlier. Terry Funk looked to take advantage of this early on and nearly got the pinfall early in Dusty's first title defense. The fans got behind the American Dream and helped him rally back against the Funkster. Of course Terry Funk has the chance here to be both NWA World Champion and NWA World Tag Team Champion. But Rhodes kept on him after making his comeback and hitting that Bionic Elbow. Dusty locked on his version of the Figure 4 Leglock and after several minutes, Terry Funk had no choice but to submit. Dusty Rhodes defeated Terry Funk in 9:41 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Dusty Rhodes makes defence number 1 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Referee=Tommy Young...This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the match, Dory Funk Jr. joined his brother in the ring and attacked Dusty! With the Figure 4 on, Dusty couldn't really defend himself and Dory popped him in the head with the NWA World Tag Team Title belt! That broke the Figure 4 and allowed Terry to slowly get up and start stomping on Rhodes![/I] =B [I]The Funks looked up toward the rampway as Jake Roberts came out from the back clutching his snake bag! He walked out toward the ring and the Funks took to the outside, not wanting to be anywhere near that snake! Jake slid inside the ring, smiling as he opened the bag and dumped the contents on Dusty Rhodes' nearly lifeless body! A large python lay slithering on top of Dusty Rhodes and curls around his arms and shoulders. We need some help down here! The Rock and Roll Express head down to ringside but they aren't going to get in with that snake in there. It hisses at them, keeping them at bay but then turns it's attention back to Dusty Rhodes, biting him on the shoulder! Dusty's face contorts in pain as blood runs down his skin and the camera fades to black.[/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: C+ ATTENDANCE: 5,000[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=2]Thursday Week 1 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]The show went down pretty well last night, opening Dusty Rhodes to a feud with Jake Roberts. That should definitely make for some good television as we move toward Halloween Havoc.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We got our usual round of praise for the show: 'The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Austin Idol simply didn't show up at the last show. He was fined for not being there and not explaining why he wasn't there either. He didn't have any excuse and that doesn't sit well with me.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Magic Dragon sustained a hernia after wrestling for WCCW so he'll be out around a month.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Pez Whatley arrived late for the show. It's his first offense.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]AWA held a pretty good house show last evening with a main event of Ricky Steamboat successfully defending the AWA Heavyweight Title against Nick Bockwinkel. In other action, Buzz Sawyer retained the AWA Television Title with a win over Rick Martel.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Georgia Championship Wrestling held their house show with a main event of The Spoiler retaining the National Heavyweight Title over Buzz Sawyer.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Friday Week 1 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]We held our weekly house show this week from the Municipal Auditorium in Columbus, Georgia, drawing 5,000 fans. [I]The camera returns to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he begins recounting the recent weeks events surrounding Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I don't have to tell you about the love lost between Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes over these past few weeks. We've all seen for ourselves the escalation of Jake Roberts's frustration over not being able to get Dusty Rhodes in the ring. But on one of our last shows... Well, let's just go to video tape. As you'll clearly be able to witness for yourself, Jake Roberts has crossed the line. I, for one, call for disciplinary actions taken against Roberts - but judge for yourself..." A video tape is then run...Bob Caudle performed poorly in this segment. This segment lifted the crowd...=B+ Highlights of the recent event between Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes are played in a video package...This segment lifted the crowd...=A Terry Funk defeated Ric Flair in 11:16 by disqualification. During the match we also had Dick Slater run in and attack Flair. Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing job done by David Crockett was pretty weak. This match lifted the crowd. Terry Funk is improving in Performance skills...=B+ Dick Slater has an interview in which he taunts Ric Flair. "Ric Flair's mom wanted a girl. His father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!"...=C+ Tony Schiavone interviews Mike Rotundo on the upcoming bout against Dick Slater. In it, Rotundo promises to do his best...Mike Rotundo is learning to show more charisma. Mike Rotundo is developing better performance skills...=C- Dick Slater defeated Mike Rotundo in 8:25 when Mike Rotundo was disqualified when Ric Flair ran in and attacked Dick Slater. Referee=Randy Anderson...Wahoo McDaniel did some good work at ringside. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C+ The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Dusty Rhodes make an appearance...=B+ Steve Williams defeated Bobby Colt in 2:58 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede. Referee=Adrien Desbois...Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. Steve Williams and Bobby Heenan are a good pairing, they play off each other well. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D The Long Riders defeated The Fantastics in 5:31 when Ron Bass defeated Tommy Rogers by pinfall with a Texas Gourdbuster. Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Bobby Fulton is improving in Rumble skills...=C- Harley Race comes to the ring and challenges Ivan Koloff to a match...The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this segment...=B Harley Race defeated Mike Davis in 5:39 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Referee=Tommy Young...Harley Race and Mike Davis just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Harley Race stood out as being good...=D Harley Race gets attacked from behind by Ivan Koloff, who lays him out in the ring. Koloff then gets his flag from ringside and covers Race with it, adding insult to injury...The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this segment...=B- Mr. Wrestling II defeated Bob Orton Jr. in 9:51 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. Referee=Randy Anderson...Mr. Wrestling II and Bob Orton Jr. have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. This match lifted the crowd...=B- A music video is shown to promote the power and fury that is Ricky Steamboat...=B+ Magnum T.A. defeated Jos Leduc in 5:34 by pinfall with a Small Package. Referee=Randy Anderson...Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C- Greg Valentine defeated Austin Idol in 7:33 by pinfall with a Hammer Elbow Drop. Referee=Randy Anderson...Greg Valentine could use something to freshen his character up. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C+ Greg Valentine comes to the ring and challenges Mike Rotundo to a match...The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this segment...=C Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton defeated The Rock and Roll Express in 7:44 when Arn Anderson defeated Robert Gibson by pinfall following interference from Dory Funk Jr.. During the match we also had Terry Funk run in and attack Ricky Morton. Referee=Adrien Desbois...The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Robert Gibson looked good out there. The Funks/Express storyline has continued with this match...=C Ricky Morton is being attacked by Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Dory Funk Jr. and Terry Funk in the ring. Seeing the assault, Bob & Brad Armstrong come running in and help fight all four of them off, saving Ricky Morton from a serious beating...The AndersonEaton/Armstrongs storyline has continued with this segment. The Funks/Express storyline has continued with this segment...=B[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]I felt it was a better show than the fans did: 'The feedback has been that the show was good, although some found it underwhelming.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]AWA taped their All-Star Wrestling show today. Nick Bockwinkel and Larry Zbyszko defeated Ricky Steamboat and Rick Martel in the main event.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Saturday Week 1 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]I received a phone call from Steve Williams today informing me that he is leaving Mid-South Wrestling and coming to work for us full-time. I told him that it is his decision and I will support him no matter what but I can't promise anything.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Fabulous Ones lost their Southern Tag Team Titles to the team of the Avengers, consisting of Austin Idol and Moondog Rex.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Masked Superstar rejected negotiations. If he wishes to remain unemployed that's his business but I think that's stupid.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We got a rating of .87 for our last show with half hours of .82 and .92.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Sunday Week 1 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Jerry Lawler rejected our negotiations since he wants to concentrate on a going down the tubes CWA.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Wednesday Week 2 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Card preview should be up sometime today.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! [b]LIVE![/b] From The John Justin Arena in Fort Worth, Texas[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Heavyweight Title Match[/I][/B] Dusty Rhodes defends against Dory Funk, Jr.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Mr. Wrestling II vs. Jake Roberts[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Harley Race vs. The Great Kabuki[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. Bob and Brad Armstrong[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Les Thornton vs. Ricky Steamboat[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Terry Funk vs. Ric Flair[/QUOTE] [CENTER]All This and MORE MACW action! Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated.[/CENTER]

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] defends against Dory Funk, Jr. Mr. Wrestling II vs. [B]Jake Roberts [/B] [B]Harley Race[/B] vs. The Great Kabuki Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. [B]Bob and Brad Armstrong [/B] Les Thornton vs. [B]Ricky Steamboat [/B] Terry Funk vs. [B]Ric Flair [/B]

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] defends against Dory Funk, Jr. Mr. Wrestling II vs. [B]Jake Roberts[/B] [B]Harley Race[/B] vs. The Great Kabuki Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. [B]Bob and Brad Armstrong[/B] Les Thornton vs. [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] Terry Funk vs. [B]Ric Flair[/B]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 2, October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the John Justin Arena, Fort Worth, Texas. Broadcast via TV Local - Mid Atlantic on Saturday at 8:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/TerryFunk.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The show kicks off with 'Thus Spake Zarathustra' and the emergence of the former NWA World Champion The Nature Boy Ric Flair. He hasn't been seen on tv since losing the NWA World Title. He has an angry look as he heads to the ring and grabs a microphone.[/I] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Before we get this match started tonight I want to say something. Terry Funk, what you and your brother and Jake Roberts did to Dusty Rhodes was absolutely dispicable. Attacking him last week with that snake." (Ric shakes his head) "Tonight I'm dedicating this match to the American Dream to help him in his attempt to get revenge against the three of you."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]Terry Funk came down to the ring following Flair's interview and the two of them had a great match to open things up here in Texas. The arena in Forth Worth was sold-out to see the Funks in action. Funk kept the match at a brawler's pace for most of the match with Flair making his comeback late in the bout. As Flair made his comeback, Dick Slater came down to the ring and slid inside, attacking Flair from behind and prompting referee Stu Schwartz to call for the bell! Ric Flair defeated Terry Funk in 5:40 when Terry Funk was disqualified when Dick Slater ran in and attacked Ric Flair.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the ringing of the bell, Slater continued his attack on Flair, stomping on him and setting him up and dropping him with a Piledriver! Flair is down and Slater and Terry Funk shake hands before exiting the ring together![/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/LesThornton.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Thornton is working through an injury here which kept this match from being as great as it could have been but it was still an excellent technical contest. The AWA Heavyweight Champion took Thornton to school late in the bout and finished the match off with that Flying Body Press off the top turnbuckle. Ricky Steamboat defeated Les Thornton in 2:38 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The injury that Les Thornton worked through took a big toll. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The American Dream came out to a huge ovation from the Texas crowd, holding up the NWA World Heavyweight Title as he walked over to the interview area.[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Jake The Snake Roberts. Last week, you tried to take the American Dream out. You tried to make me cry uncle in the sport of professional wrestling. Many men better than you have tried to do that to the Dream and they have failed and so will you. I am back and tonight I am defending my NWA World Title against one of your partners in crime if you will Dory Funk, Jr. Dory, I used to have some respect for you. I used to think you were a standup guy but look at the people you are associating with. The Jake Roberts, the Dirty Dick Slaters. Tonight, the American Dream is gonna begin with you and end at Halloween Havoc with Jake The Snake himself."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobOrtonJr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Orton and Slater were definitely not on the same page in this matchup and it showed in their lacking tag team chemistry. The team of the Armstrongs, though, are riding their big victory last week against Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton. The Armstrongs mostly dominated this battle and saw Bob Armstrong get the pin on Bob Orton, Jr. after a Bulldog. Bob & Brad Armstrong defeated Bob Orton Jr. and Dick Slater in 1:53 when Bob Armstrong defeated Bob Orton Jr. by pinfall with a Bulldog.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Dick Slater stood out as being good. The AndersonEaton/Armstrongs storyline has continued with this match. Brad Armstrong is improving in Flying skills. Dick Slater is improving in Performance skills...=C+ [I]Following the match, Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton came running in from the back as the Armstrongs celebrated and attacked them from behind! Brad was whipped in and caught with an Anderson Spinebuster and then a DDT! Bob was taken down by Bobby Eaton and then given an Alabama Jam! Arn and Bobby just smiled down at the Armstrongs before exiting the ring. During this time, it was noted that Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton will be facing the Armstrongs at Halloween Havoc in the rubber match.[/I] =D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HarleyRace2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GreatKabuki.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GaryHart2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]As Gary Hart and the Great Kabuki made their entrance, they made a stop by the interview area.[/I] [B]Gary Hart:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Everyone saw at the Anniversary Show where my Great Kabuki got rid of Jimmy Valiant from Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Tonight he embarks on a new mission. A mission to show the world that he is better than any athlete here. A mission to become the next MACW United States Heavyweight Champion. It begins tonight with a victory over the so-called King of MACW: Harley Race!"[/COLOR] =C+ [I]The crowd here erupted at the arrival of Harley Race for this matchup and they were hot as they have been the entire night. This was a solid, quick back and forth type matchup that had Gary Hart's interference backfire against Kabuki as he hit Kabuki instead of Race. This set up a Piledriver by Race and referee Tommy Young could have counted to 50 but it only took 3. Harley Race defeated The Great Kabuki in 5:04 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The Great Kabuki is starting to become a little stale in his current role. This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]As Race celebrated in the ring, Ivan Koloff came running down and slid inside. He waited for Race to turn and caught him with a Russian Sickle with the chain! Race went down hard and Koloff stomped on him before wrapping that chain around Race's neck and tossing him over the top rope, choking the King with that Russian chain! Officials came running down to stop the carnage but the damage had already been done.[/I] =C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MrWrestlingII.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]This was the match of the night and the fans were definitely into it! Mr. Wrestling II started off with a flurry on The Snake but Jake methodically made his way back into the match and finished with a domination of Mr. Wrestling II and a DDT. And what does DDT stand for? "The End." Jake Roberts defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 3:40 by pinfall with The DDT.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...This match lifted the crowd...=B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Out to the interview area to some cheers from the crowd came the Rock and Roll Express.[/I] [B]Ricky Morton:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr. we've been sitting in the back and we've been watching exactly what you've been doign out here with Dusty Rhodes and that's not what wrestling is about. Wrestling isn't about using snakes to do your dirty work. It's about getting in the ring and proving who's the best."[/COLOR] [B]Robert Gibson:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"That's exactly right, Ricky. And at Halloween Havoc, the Rock and Roll Express are going to prove that we ARE the best and take those NWA World Tag Team Titles from the hands of the Funks. And we're going to do it for the American Dream. Because living the Rock and Roll lifestyle IS the American Dream."[/COLOR] =C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DoryFunkJr.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_hvy.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Dusty Rhodes heads out here to get revenge for last week and the match started off pretty good as these two texans had the crowd rocking as they went back and forth in the early going. Bob Caudle and David Crockett talked about how they believed the snake must have been devenomized last week for Dusty to be back in the ring so quickly. Dory Funk, Jr. gained the advantange through the midway part of the match with the crowd split between the two wrestlers when Dory would get a near fall. Then Dusty started making his comeback with right hands and lefts! He did his little flip, flop and fly before...grabbing his shoulder and then collapsing?! Dusty lay on the mat with referee Randy Anderson looking at Dory Funk, Jr. Neither of them seem to know what to do. Randy calls for the bell and waves for some EMT's from the back. He tells the ring announcer that he's throwing the match out. Dusty Rhodes drew with Dory Funk Jr. in 9:50 when the referee lost control and stopped the match.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Dusty Rhodes makes defence number 2 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Referee=Randy Anderson...This match lifted the crowd...=B- [I]Bob Caudle and David Crockett left their announce table and came down to the ring, looking over Dusty Rhodes as Dory left. Things did not look good for Dusty. The EMT's came down with a stretcher and slid it into the ring as silence washed over the crowd here in Texas as they watched a native son get stretchered out of the ring and as they were heading up the aisle, Jake Roberts stepped out with that sinister smile, blocking the path. He pushed an EMT out of the way and hit Dusty with a few forearm shots to the chest and choked the lifeless NWA World Champ! Jake rolled Dusty off the stretcher and Dusty fell to the safety mats below where Jake put the boots to him! Officials came running out to keep Jake back from Dusty and the camera zoomed in on the American Dream lying there on the ground as the show ended in silence.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: B ATTENDANCE: 1,000[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=2]Thursday Week 2 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Last night's show was a rousing success! The fans were hot all night and the wrestling action kept them engaged and interested.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]It was horrible what happened to Dusty Rhodes though. He is currently undergoing some tests at a local medical facility. He may not even get to wrestle at Halloween Havoc. Jake Roberts' attack on him after the fact was definitely unprofessional.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We got some rousing feedback from the fans at that show: 'The feedback from viewers has been excellent, it seems they really struck gold with this show.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Georgia Championship Wrestling held their house show today with a main event of Bob Armstrong and the Spoiler defeating Larry Zbyszko and Stan Hansen for the National Tag Team Titles! Congratulations, Bob![/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Friday Week 2 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]We held our usual house show this week in front of 2,000 people in Dallas Texas at the Dallas Sportatorium. [I]The camera returns to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he begins recounting the recent weeks events surrounding Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I don't have to tell you about the love lost between Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes over these past few weeks. We've all seen for ourselves the escalation of Jake Roberts's frustration over not being able to get Dusty Rhodes in the ring. But on one of our last shows... Well, let's just go to video tape. As you'll clearly be able to witness for yourself, Jake Roberts has crossed the line. I, for one, call for disciplinary actions taken against Roberts - but judge for yourself..." A video tape is then run...Bob Caudle is starting to become a little stale in his current role...=C+ Highlights of the recent event between Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes are played in a video package...=B+ Dick Slater defeated Harley Race in 7:36 by submission after interference from Ivan Koloff. Referee=Randy Anderson...=C Harley Race is being attacked by Koloff and Slater in the ring. Seeing the assault, Ric Flair comes running in and fights them both off, saving Race from a serious beating...The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this segment...=C+ The Funks defeated The Fabulous Ones in 10:15 when Terry Funk defeated Steve Keirn by pinfall with a Texas Piledriver. The Funks make defence number 9 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Referee=Randy Anderson...Dory Funk Jr. could use something to freshen his character up. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Terry Funk came out of the match looking good. The Funks/Express storyline has continued with this match. Terry Funk is improving in Rumble skills...=C- Jake Roberts had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Wahoo McDaniel...This segment lifted the crowd...=B Jake Roberts defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 8:55 by pinfall following interference from Greg Valentine. Referee=Randy Anderson...The injury that Wahoo McDaniel worked through took a big toll...=C+ Jake laid snake on top of Wahoo...=B+ Jerry Brisco cuts a promo hyping up his skills...=D+ Steve Williams defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 4:33 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede. Referee=Stu Schwartz...Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. Steve Williams and Bobby Heenan are a good pairing, they play off each other well. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Steve Williams is improving in Technical skills...=B- As the cameras pan the crowd, they focus on a peculiar looking fan in the audience(Magnum T.A.)...=C+ Ricky Steamboat defeated The Great Kabuki in 10:22 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. Referee=Stu Schwartz...This match lifted the crowd...=B- Ric Flair had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Nick Bockwinkel...This segment lifted the crowd...=B+ Ric Flair drew with Nick Bockwinkel in 30:00 when the time limit expired. Referee=Adrien Desbois...The announcing job done by David Crockett was pretty weak. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. This match lifted the crowd...=B Ric Flair is celebrating his victory in the ring. Dick Slater runs in and attacks, beating Flair down into the mat...=B-[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The fans seemed to enjoy this show and gave us our usual feedback: 'The feedback has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.'[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Tuesday Week 3 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Jake Roberts extended his deal with Championship Wrestling From Florida. I hate to see that happen just because working 3 federations tends to wear a person out.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Wednesday Week 3 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Card Preview Should Be Up Shortly.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Civic Center in Wheeling, West Virginia[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Ric Flair and Harley Race vs. Dick Slater and Ivan Koloff[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Arn Anderson vs. Bob Armstrong[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ricky Steamboat vs. Jos Leduc[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Great Kabuki vs. Rick Steiner[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]Winner Becomes #1 Contender to U.S. Heavyweight Title.[/I][/B] Greg Valentine vs. Wahoo McDaniel[/QUOTE] [CENTER]All this plus an update on the American Dream Dusty Rhodes' condition and more here at MACW! Predictions/Comments/ETC always appreciated![/CENTER]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 2, October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Civic Center, Wheeling, West Virginia. Broadcast via TV Local - Mid Atlantic on Saturday at 8:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobCaudle.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DavidCrockett.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]As the show opened, the cameras panned around the crowd to get a good view of the 5,000 screaming fans in Wheeling West Virginia.[/I] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Hello everyone and welcome to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling action! I'm Bob Caudle alongside David Crockett and David before we get into tonight's action I'd like to talk about the situation between Dusty Rhodes and Jake Roberts."[/COLOR] [B]David Crockett:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"It's just disgusting, isn't it?"[/COLOR] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"That it is, David. We have been informed by your brother that Dusty Rhodes will not compete again until Halloween Havoc in a couple of weeks from now when he will take on Jake The Snake Roberts for that NWA World Heavyweight Title."[/COLOR] [B]David Crockett:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Jake has definitely been playing mind games with the American Dream."[/COLOR] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"He's done more than that. He's attacked Dusty when Dusty is down. He had one of his snakes bite the Dream's shoulder! He should be suspended! But here he is taking on the Dream at Halloween Havoc for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. It should be a great match, though. Speaking of great matches, let's head up to the ring for our opening bout."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GregValentine.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/WahooMcDaniel.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Wahoo's first televised match since his return from a broken leg that the Hammer gave him. Wahoo wasn't back up to his top physical shape. This much could be seen during the match with his ankle giving him fits. The Hammer focused in on Wahoo's leg. Wahoo tried a comeback during the middle of the match but was unsuccessful and Greg Valentine got the win by pinfall using the ropes for leverage. Greg Valentine defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 8:35 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. [/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The injury that Wahoo McDaniel worked through took a big toll. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this match...=C+ [I]The cameras lifted their focus toward Bob Caudle and David Crockett again.[/I] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"With that big victory over Wahoo McDaniel, this solidifies Greg Valentine as the number one contender to the United States Heavyweight Title!"[/COLOR] [B]David Crockett:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"That's right, Bob. This means that Greg Valentine will be taking on Mike Rotundo for the United States Heavyweight Title at Halloween Havoc and this time Wahoo McDaniel won't be the referee."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GreatKabuki.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GaryHart2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Because of some time constraints and the decision to scrap the storyline, the fans at home got to see The Great Kabuki defeat Rick Steiner with a Heart Kick. Then he assaulted Rick Steiner and a masked man came out to make the save. The masked man announced himself as Charlie Brown From Outta Town, a friend to Jimmy Valiant. However, after the show, Jim Crockett found Charlie Brown to be none other than Jimmy Valiant himself! Therefore, Charlie Brown/Jimmy Valiant will no longer be showing up at any MACW shows and we return you to your regularly scheduled program.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JosLeduc.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The two contrasting styles here definitely clashed as Leduc was more the power wrestler and brawler while Steamboat's technical and high flying skills came more into play. AWA World Champ Steamboat picked up the win over Leduc with a Flying Body Press. Ricky Steamboat defeated Jos Leduc in 3:55 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...=C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A great scientific, technical match between these two in-ring generals. Anderson dictated the pace throughout the match, seeming to dominate Bob Armstrong but he could never put him away. Anderson got frustrated late in the match, leading to a mistake that turned the momentum into Bob Armstrong's favor. Anderson seemed to have tired himself out trying to pin Bob and Armstrong was able to catch Anderson with a Bulldog and actually got the upset pinfall win! Bob Armstrong defeated Arn Anderson in 6:25 by pinfall with a Bulldog.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Adrien Desbois...The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Bob Armstrong is improving in Rumble skills...=C+ [I]Bobby Eaton came running down to the ring and slid inside, attacking Bob Armstrong with a double sledge from behind! Following shortly after was Brad Armstrong and a brawl ensued between the 4 men who will be meeting at Halloween Havoc in tag team action! They brawled all the way to the back.[/I] =C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HarleyRace2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/IvanKoloff.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]And it's main event time and what a doozy we have here! Ric Flair and Harley Race teaming together for the first time against Dick Slater and Ivan Koloff. All 4 men are ring generals in this match and Flair started things off with the Russian Bear. The chops in the corner were ineffective against the big Russian and Koloff started to really take the advantage on the Nature Boy, tagging in Slater for a double backbreaker. Koloff and Slater looked like they have been teaming for awhile as they used frequent tags to wear the Nature Boy down. Eventually, Flair reversed an Ivan Koloff sleeper into a jawbreaker and made the tag to Harley Race! The King cleaned house against both Ivan Koloff AND Dick Slater! Race set Koloff up for a Piledriver but got clotheslined down by Dick Slater! Referee Tommy Young came in and told Slater that he had to get to his corner while both Race and Koloff were down. Once order was restored, both Race and Koloff were moving to make the tag. Both men got to their corners and in came Flair and Slater, who met in the center of the ring exchanging rights and lefts and chops oh my! Flair started to get the better of the exchange but Koloff distracted the referee long enough for Dick Slater to land a low blow! Slater covered Flair and Koloff kept Race from interfering in the pinfall. Slater used his feet on the ropes to get the pin! Dick Slater and Ivan Koloff defeated Ric Flair and Harley Race in 10:58 when Dick Slater defeated Ric Flair by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...Ivan Koloff was really off his game tonight. The performance of Ric Flair stood out as being good. The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this match. Ivan Koloff is improving in Performance skills...=C+ [I]Following the contest, Slater stomped on Flair and then set Flair up for a Piledriver while Koloff and Race battled down the aisle. Flair reversed the piledriver into a back body drop and then mounted Slater, punching away at Dirty Dick! The show ended with the brawl between all 4 men![/I] =B[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]ATTENDANCE: 5,000 OVERALL RATING: C+[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=2]Thursday Week 3 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]The show went off pretty well last night. The Kabuki/Charlie Brown segment will NOT be shown on television since the storyline has been scrapped.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We got our usual feedback: 'The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The WWF held their usual house show. In the main event, Andre the Giant and Don Muraco defeated Junkyard Dog and Pedro Morales. In other action, Sgt. Slaughter retained the WWF Heavyweight Title over Hulk Hogan and Soul Patrol won the WWF Tag Team Titles when they defeated the Wild Samoans.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Friday Week 3 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Terry Funk faxed his signed copy of a contract extension today. It was a little more than I had hoped to spend but it's worth it to keep Terry Funk.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We held our house show this evening in Decatur, Illinois at the Civic Center. [I]Harley Race defeated Jos Leduc in 10:51 by pinfall with a Falling Headbutt. Referee=Randy Anderson...Jos Leduc was really off his game tonight. Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jos Leduc is improving in Technical skills...=C Harley Race is celebrating his victory in the ring. Ivan Koloff runs in and attacks, beating Race down into the mat...The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this segment...=C+ Greg Valentine defeated Bobby Colt in 6:17 by pinfall with a Hammer Elbow Drop. Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C- A video plays hyping Greg Valentine vs. Mike Rotundo...The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this segment...=D+ Jerry Brisco defeated Ivan Koloff in 7:42 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. During the match we also had Harley Race run in and attack Koloff. Referee=Tommy Young...Ivan Koloff is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ivan Koloff is improving in Rumble skills...=C+ The bell has sounded, yet Harley Race and Ivan Koloff continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area...The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this segment...=C+ Ricky Steamboat defeated Dory Funk Jr. in 9:58 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. Referee=Stu Schwartz...Ricky Steamboat could use something to freshen his character up. Ricky Steamboat and Dory Funk Jr. have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd...=B+ A video plays hyping The Funks vs. The Rock and Roll Express...The Funks/Express storyline has continued with this segment...=D+ Terry Funk defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 11:44 by submission with a Funk Spinning Toe Hold. Referee=Randy Anderson...The injury that Wahoo McDaniel worked through took a big toll...=C Bobby Heenan comes out to the podium, along with Steve Williams. Heenan hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence...=C+ Mr. Wrestling II defeated Bob Orton Jr. in 10:01 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. Referee=Tommy Young...Mr. Wrestling II and Bob Orton Jr. have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=B- A video plays hyping Dusty Rhodes vs. Jake Roberts...This segment lifted the crowd...=B- Ric Flair had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jake Roberts...This segment lifted the crowd...=B Jake Roberts defeated Ric Flair in 12:43 by pinfall following interference from Dick Slater. Referee=Stu Schwartz...This match lifted the crowd...=B+ Ric Flair is celebrating his victory in the ring. Slater and Roberts run in and attack, beating Flair down into the mat...Dick Slater looked dreadful in this segment...=C+[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We got our usual feedback: 'The feedback has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]AWA held their All Star Wrestling show tonight with a main event of Nick Bockwinkel defeating Rick Martel.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Saturday Week 3 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Two of our wrestlers extended their contracts with other companies today: Magnum T.A. with MSW and Tommy Rogers with Central States.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Several of our own wrestlers were given their release today: Rick Steiner, John Nord, Mike Davis and Jimmy Valiant have all left MACW. We wish them all the best in the future.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Tuesday Week 4 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Bob Orton, Jr. left the company due to contract expiry. We never could reach an agreement we could both live with.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Wednesday Week 4 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]We signed a new wrestler today. He will either make his debut tonight or at Halloween Havoc. It hasn't been decided yet.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Card Preview Should Be Up Today.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Corbett Sports Center in Greensboro, North Carolina[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Jake Roberts vs. Ricky Steamboat[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Long Riders vs. The Rock and Roll Express[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ric Flair vs. Pez Whatley[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]Non-Title[/I][/B] Mike Rotundo vs. Les Thornton[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Dick Slater vs. Austin Idol[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Plus More MACW Action! Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated![/CENTER]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 4, October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Corbett Sports Center, Greensboro, North Carolina. Broadcast via TV Local - Mid Atlantic on Saturday at 8:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/AustinIdol.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The show began with some wrestling action as Austin Idol was already in the ring and Dirty Dick Slater made his way down to boos from the crowd. Slater dominated this short opening encounter and finished off Idol after a Leaping Piledriver, telling the camera that this one was for Ric Flair. Dick Slater defeated Austin Idol in 1:38 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...Dick Slater and Austin Idol don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MikeRotundo.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/LesThornton.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]This non-title match was a good technical battle even if the fans didn't care for it either way. It was a good warm-up match for Rotundo, who will be facing Greg Valentine at Halloween Havoc. The only difference is that Valentine won't be wrestling with an injury. Rotundo picked up the win over Thornton following an airplane spin. Mike Rotundo defeated Les Thornton in 6:33 by pinfall with an Airplane Spin.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The injury that Les Thornton worked through took a big toll. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D+ [I]Following the match, referee Randy Anderson was handing Rotundo his title when his right knee got chop-blocked from behind by Greg Valentine! The Hammer turned Rotundo over and started kicking on that leg before grabbing a wooden folding chair and sliding it in the ring and then another! Valentine placed a chair under Rotundo's knee and then took the other one and BANGED it down on Rotundo's knee, leaving the U.S. Champ twitching in pain as Valentine laid the U.S. Title over his waist and left.[/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/PezWhatley.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]This was basically a showcase match for the Nature Boy as he prepared for his matchup with Dick Slater at Halloween Havoc. Flair focused on the knee of Whatley during the match but showed that he can finish off guys in other ways too by pinning Whatley with a small package! Ric Flair defeated Pez Whatley in 7:46 by pinfall with a Small Package.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ric Flair looked good out there. Pez Whatley is improving in Performance skills...=C [I]Following the match, Flair was given a microphone.[/I] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Greensboro Whoooo North Carolina. The Nature Boy wants to know: what's causing all this? Dirty Dick Slater, you've been attacking me and uniting with those people attacking my friends in this business and you're going to pay for that. At Halloween Havoc, you can lay your money down on the fact that the Nature Boy is going to come out on top. And you're gonna learn the true meaning of the phrase: to be the man, you have to beat the man. Whooooo!"[/COLOR] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonBass.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BlackBart.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The top contenders to the NWA World Tag Team Titles fighting here against the Long Riders in a pretty decent tag team encounter. This gave the Express a shot to show their stuff in the ring with quick tags and double team moves. They kept Ron Bass and Black Bart on their heels the entire match and Robert Gibson ended it with a High Dropkick on Black Bart. The Rock and Roll Express defeated The Long Riders in 6:14 when Robert Gibson defeated Black Bart by pinfall with a High Dropkick.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...Black Bart could use something to freshen his character up. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Robert Gibson stood out as being good. The Funks/Express storyline has continued with this match. Robert Gibson is improving in Rumble skills...=C- [I]The Rock and Roll Express celebrated their victory with the crowd but it was short-lived as they got blindsided by the Funks! Terry Funk dropped Ricky Morton with a Piledriver while Dory Funk Jr. put the Spinning Toe Hold on Robert Gibson! The Express were both left laying here by the Funks and it looks like the Champs have momentum going into Halloween Havoc.[/I] =C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]And it's time for our main event and what a contest we have going here as the top contender for the NWA World Title takes on the AWA World Heavyweight Champion with Jake Roberts against Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat started things off at a fast-pace against Roberts, eventually sending the Snake to the outside of the ring to slow down the momentum. Once Roberts returned, he poked the eye of Steamboat and then slowly took the advantage to boos from this crowd here. He worked over Steamboat's head and neck area, obviously setting him up for the DDT. A reverse chinlock had the crowd trying to get Steamboat back into the match and it worked! Steamboat rallied with the crowd, sending three elbow shots into Robert's gut before bouncing off the ropes and taking down the Snake with a clothesline! Steamboat chopped Roberts to the mat and then went outside, climbing the top turnbuckles. Roberts slowly made his way to his feet and Steamboat leaped...but caught only air! Roberts fell out of the way and Steamboat hit the mat hard! The Snake got up and lifted Steamboat into a Short-Arm Clothesline and made the cover, picking up the 3 count. Jake Roberts defeated Ricky Steamboat in 10:24 by pinfall with a Short-Arm Clothesline.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing job done by David Crockett was pretty weak. This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the match, Jake Roberts went over to his snake bag and opened it, dropping a python on top of Ricky Steamboat's lifeless form, laughing.[/I] =B+ [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Hold on just a minute!"[/COLOR] [I]The crowd cheered as Dusty Rhodes stepped out from the back and began walking toward the ring.[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Jake Roberts, I'm not going to let this happen to a friend of mine the same way it happened to me. Down in Texas, we stomp on snakes with our boots before they can bite us and that's exactly what I intend to do to you."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]Dusty slid into the ring and Jake grabbed the snake, holding it by the head and pointing it toward Dusty, who stood in the corner. He feinted stepping in but stepped back as Jake held the snake out toward Dusty. The two men stared each other down as the show came to a close.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: C+ ATTENDANCE: 5,000[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling And The National Wrestling Alliance Present Halloween Havoc [b]LIVE![/b] From The West Palm Beach Auditorium in West Palm Beach, Florida[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Heavyweight Title Match[/I][/B] Dusty Rhodes defends against Jake Roberts[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]United States Heavyweight Title Match[/I][/B] Mike Rotundo defends against Greg Valentine[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Tag Team Title Match[/I][/B] The Funks defend against the Rock and Roll Express[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]Steel Cage Match[/I][/B] Dick Slater vs. Ric Flair[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton vs. The Armstrongs[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Harley Race vs. Ivan Koloff[/QUOTE] [CENTER]All this and much, much more MACW action! Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated.[/CENTER]

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] defends against Jake Roberts [I]DQ though methinks[/I] United States Heavyweight Title Match [B]Mike Rotundo[/B] defends against Greg Valentine [I]Rotundo does it again[/I] NWA World Tag Team Title Match The Funks defend against the [B]Rock and Roll Express[/B] [I]Something tells me a title is changing hands and since I didn;t pick the other two...[/I] Steel Cage Match [B]Dick Slater[/B] vs. Ric Flair [I]Slater via shenanigans[/I] [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton[/B] vs. The Armstrongs [I]Sticking with my Double A rule :)[/I] [B]Harley Race[/B] vs. Ivan Koloff

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Sunday, Week 4, October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the West Palm Beach Auditorium, West Palm Beach Florida. Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING AND NWA'S HALLOWEEN HAVOC![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BlackBart.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonBass.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/StanLane4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveKeirn5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A bonus match begins the show as the Fabulous Ones take on the Long Riders. This was mainly a match to show off the Fabulous Ones here and they dominated the majority of things. Steve Keirn got the pinfall on Ron Bass with a Cross Body Press. The Fabulous Ones defeated The Long Riders in 4:50 when Steve Keirn defeated Ron Bass by pinfall with a Cross Body Press.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Steve Keirn stood out as being good. Steve Keirn is improving in Performance skills...=C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The camera moves back to a locker room setting where Jake Roberts is standing by with a snake curled around his neck, petting the head of the snake.[/I] [B]Jake Roberts:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"It's alright, Damien. You're going to get your supper tonight. All of my snakes are going to get to eat their dinner. There's enough to share when it comes to Dusty Rhodes. But tonight is not about that. Tonight is about the devil coming to take a piece of your hide and coming to take the belt. But is this the devil you know or the devil you don't know? I can tell you this, Dusty Rhodes, you're not going to like the ending tonight. Trust me."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyEaton.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Another technical masterpiece from these two right on par with the opening match to keep the crowd hyped. Bob Armstrong started things hot for his team and the crowd seemed to really get behind those Armstrongs but eventually Brad got caught in the wrong corner and Anderson and Eaton worked the double-teams behind the referee's back. Outside the ring, Bobby Eaton went sneaking around the ring and yanked Bob Armstrong off the apron, hitting his head on the apron while inside the ring Arn Anderson dropped Brad Armstrong with a Spinebuster. Anderson floated over and picked up the pinfall. Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 9:37 when Arn Anderson defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a Spinebuster.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Bob Armstrong looked good out there. The AndersonEaton/Armstrongs storyline has continued with this match...=C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A video played to the crowd here showing the AWA World Heavyweight Champion Ricky Steamboat in a very good light, some of his exploits and all here in MACW.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DoryFunkJr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/TerryFunk.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_tag.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_tag.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]This was definitely a better match than I figured it was going to be. I sat down in the back and watched a display of fine tag team work by both teams as the Funks tried to slow things down but when the Express got the lead they tried to speed things up. A great conflicting styles match. The Express really started getting the lead toward the end of the match, nailing Dory Funk Jr with a double dropkick that sent him out of the ring. They turned around and Terry Funk tattooed Ricky Morton in the face with one of the NWA World Tag Team Title belts right in front of the referee to bring on the DQ. The Rock and Roll Express defeated The Funks in 11:14 when Terry Funk was disqualified while fighting Ricky Morton.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The Funks/Express storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the match, Robert Gibson ducked a belt shot but got tripped up by Dory Funk Jr from outside the ring! Dory pulled Gibson outside and rammed him into the steel guardrail while Terry Funk set Ricky Morton up and nailed a Piledriver! The fans booed as the Funks held up their belts.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HarleyRace2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/IvanKoloff.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Another classic from these two and one of the matches of the night. But, then, would anyone suspect anything less from these two great in-ring vets? And with a top official like Tommy Young in the ring, everything was set for this match to be great. A couple of times, Race looked ready to Piledrive Koloff but Koloff either reversed it or grabbed the ropes or did something to keep the King from finishing him off. Late in the match, Tommy Young took a bump, leaving things a little more wide open and Koloff took full advantage, flooring Race with a Russian Sickle with the chain wrapped over his arm. He wrapped it around his fist and punched Race's forehead until he bled and the crowd really tried to get behind Race here. Koloff tossed the chain out and woke up the referee, making the cover and getting a 1.....2.....and a shoulder up by Race! A very long two count that Koloff complains about! Harley Race begins his comeback as the referee is still recovering and Koloff goes back over to the corner, picking up the chain and slipping it over his boot. Race comes charging in and gets kicked to the head with that chained boot! Koloff lifts Race into a Bear Hug and referee Tommy Young calls for the bell since Race cannot continue. Ivan Koloff defeated Harley Race in 17:31 by submission after blatantly cheating.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd...=B+ [I]Following the match, Koloff would not release the Bear Hug for several minutes before finally dropping Race and stomping on the fallen, bleeding man before raising his arms up in the air.[/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MrWrestlingII.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Backstage, Mr. Wrestling II is walking down a corridor and he turns and gets clobbered back into the wall! Steve Williams shows up in the picture, beating down Mr. Wrestling II with kicks and punches while Bobby Heenan urges him on in the background. Dr. Death looks down at a fallen Wrestling II and yells out.."You're next!" before walking off.[/I] =C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MikeRotundo.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/WahooMcDaniel.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GregValentine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_united_states_hvy.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Mike Rotundo came out to the ring with Wahoo McDaniel in his corner and Valentine came out alone. Rotundo has been taking some tips from Wahoo and it shows in the chops he gives Valentine to start the match off. Valentine is a little taken by surprise by this but continues to persevere on during the match and gets several near-falls in the middle of the match but nothing seems to be working on Rotundo. During the match, Valentine goes outside the ring and attacks Wahoo, making referee Randy Anderson send Wahoo to the back. Valentine focuses back in on Rotundo's leg, yelling that he's going to break it like he did with Wahoo! He goes for the Figure 4 but Rotundo gets a two count on a small package instead! Frustration starts to show on the part of the Hammer and eventually this results in Valentine grabbing a chair and cracking it over the knee of Rotundo! But the referee is right there and calls for the bell. Mike Rotundo defeated Greg Valentine in 10:48 by disqualification.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Mike Rotundo makes defence number 2 of his United States Heavyweight title. Referee=Randy Anderson...Mike Rotundo and Greg Valentine have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the match, the Hammer continues his assault on the knee of Mike Rotundo, devestating him with chair shots before he turns to the crowd and sneers, tossing down the chair and walking out of the ring, leaving EMTs to attend to Rotundo. =C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Steel Cage Match[/B] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]While the cage is set up, the attentions turns toward the interview area where the Nature Boy Ric Flair is standing by in his blue sequined robe.[/I] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Tonight, tonight, tonight. Whoooo. Right here in West Palm Beach Florida where the women are fine and the Nature Boy is finer, Ric Flair is going to take on that Dastardly Dirty Dick Slater. Slater, you've heard me say this time and time again and the more I say it the louder it rings true: tonight you're going to walk that aisle one more time against the Nature Boy and I can tell you this: we're both going to bleed, we're both going to sweat and we're both going to pay the price. Whoooo. But the only difference is that Ric Flair is going to walk out of this match a winner and you're gonna be carried out a loser Dick Slater. Whoooo!"[/COLOR] =B [I]The crowd cheered with the entrance of Flair and booed the entrance of Dick Slater because of his association with Jake Roberts. The Nature Boy rarely relented control inside this cage match and held true to his words that he was going to make Dick Slater bleed as Slater was cut open early by the harsh steel cage. The match didn't last too long for a steel cage match as Flair got the pinfall with a small package not even eight minutes in. Ric Flair defeated Dick Slater in 7:49 by pinfall with a Small Package.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...This match lifted the crowd...=B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_hvy.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The camera turns toward the interview area as the cage is being removed. There stands the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Dusty Rhodes![/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Wrestling fans and especially Jake The Snake Roberts I'm talking to you. I spent a lot of my career chasing after this hold that I have around my waist right now. I beat one of the great legends in this sport, Ric Flair, in order to get this belt and now, now Jake Roberts you think you can try and take it away from me? You think you can take this belt away from the American Dream so easily? That's not how it works. You don't get the belt from Dusty Rhodes no matter how many snakes you have. Tonight, right here at Halloween Havoc in West Palm Beach Florida, we're gonna get funky like a monkey. The American Dream is gonna make your liver quiver, daddy and that's all tonight!"[/COLOR] =A* [I]Jake made his entrance first since the Champion always comes out second. He walked past Dusty, who was standing at the interview area, not even giving the Dream a second look before slinging that bag inside the ring and slithering in on his belly. He slipped over to the corner and sat there, waiting for the entrance of Rhodes. The crowd popped huge for the American Dream as Dusty Rhodes came out wearing the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Dusty slid inside and stared at Jake and that bag that moved ever so slightly before the bell rung and Jake slithered to his feet in the corner. This was definitely the match of the night and it was no technical classic. Both men are known as top notch brawlers and they showed it tonight, busting each other open during the course of the match. Dusty took a large advantage about 15 minutes into the match and really began rocking and rolling on the Snake, nailing him with a Bionic Elbow when the lights went out in the arena. Bob Caudle and David Crockett were left wondering what was going on. Did someone forget to pay the electric bill? A spotlight shown on a small figure standing beside a woman at the top of the entranceway. Dusty looked that way, wondering what is going on. He blinked, trying to see if he could see who it was. When the lights returned, it could be seen that it was none other than... [CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/KevinSullivan4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/FallenAngel.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] KEVIN SULLIVAN AND THE FALLEN ANGEL!!! Dusty looks shocked as he just stares at Sullivan and the Fallen Angel. Jake slowly gets to his feet and grabs Dusty, bringing him in to a Short-Arm Clothesline as Sullivan and the Fallen Angel walk toward the ring. Jake lifts Dusty again and drops him with a DDT, making the cover. Referee Stu Schwartz has no choice but to make the 3 count and we have a NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion! Jake Roberts defeated Dusty Rhodes in 24:47 by pinfall following interference from Kevin Sullivan.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Jake Roberts wins the NWA World Heavyweight title. Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing job done by David Crockett was pretty weak. This match lifted the crowd...=B+ [I]Following the pinfall, Sullivan slid into the ring and put the boots to Dusty while the Fallen Angel looked on. Jake took the NWA World Heavyweight Title before walking over to his snake bag and beginning to unwrap it! This was how Dusty got bit! Wait a second, there's someone else heading to the ring! It's Ric Flair and he's got a wooden folding chair! Sullivan, Fallen Angel and Jake Roberts all make their way out of the ring while Flair attends to his friend and we are out of time![/I] =A[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: B+ ATTENDANCE: 4,738[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=2]Friday Week 4 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]The show last night was a roaring success. It was so successful that I decided to take tonight off and not do our major house show this evening.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We got some great feedback on our show: 'The feedback has been excellent, it seems they really struck gold with this show.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]WWF held their major house show last night in the North West with Sgt. Slaughter retaining his WWF Heavyweight Title against Roddy Piper. In other action, Pedro Morales beat Andre the Giant.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Saturday Week 4 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Don Muraco signed an extension with the WWF.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Sunday Week 4 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Mark Fleming officially is gone from our company due to his contract expiring.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Buddy Roberts and Dick Slater both signed with the AWA.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Paul Orndorff beat Ray Stevens to win the IC Belt.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Monday Week 1 October 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Bruno Sammartino, Butcher Vachon and Martha La Sarapera all retired from wrestling.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jos Leduc left MACW due to his contract expiring and not being renewed.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As the month comes to a close, it's time for another talent evaluation.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;286356]Good show, I really enjoyed it. I thought something was up when Jake said the Devil was coming but couldn't figure it out, nice move with Sullivan coming in, he is half devil.[/QUOTE] I appreciate that. I really do. Sullivan was someone I couldn't resist bringing in and going against Dusty was the perfect way to do so.

Archived