NWA Faces Off With WWF

Quote: Dusty Rhodes vs. [B]Roddy Piper [/B] [I][COLOR="Blue"]Just because I have never liked Dusty![/COLOR][/I] Quote: [B]Pez Whatley [/B]vs. Angelo Mosca Jr. [I][COLOR="blue"]Never saw the potential in him(AMJ), to warrant the push that he got back in the day. [/COLOR][/I] Quote: NWA World Tag Team Title Match [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton [/B]vs. The Armstrongs [I][COLOR="blue"]Love them as a team.[/COLOR][/I] Quote: Kevin Sullivan vs. [B]Magnum T.A[/B]. [I][COLOR="blue"]Got to go TA here.[/COLOR][/I] Quote: [B]The Road Warriors [/B]vs. The Mulkey Brothers [I][COLOR="blue"]What a Rush![/COLOR][/I] Quote: Dick Slater vs. [B]Barry Windham [/B] [I][COLOR="blue"]Good matchup. [/COLOR][/I] Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated! Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling The Main Event! LIVE! From The Memorial Civic Center in Canton, Ohio The Main Event! Quote: Non-Title, 10 Minute Time Limit [B]Magnum T.A[/B]. vs. Ric Flair [I][COLOR="blue"]Hmm? The old non title time limit match. Okay I'll bite.(for the record I ahven't had time to catch up on my reading-mafia game.[/COLOR][/I] Quote: [B]The Rock and Roll Express [/B]vs. The Long Riders Quote: Angelo Mosca vs. [B]Nikita Koloff [/B] [I][COLOR="blue"]The old man now that was a brute. Now onto the now. Sickles all around.[/COLOR][/I] Quote: [B]The Brisco Brothers [/B]vs. The Midnight Express [I][COLOR="blue"]At this stage, I'll go with the Briscos.[/COLOR][/I] Quote: [B]Larry Zbyszko [/B]vs. Dusty Rhodes [I][COLOR="blue"]Same reason as before. [/COLOR][/I] Glad to see this still going strong.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] vs. Roddy Piper [B]Pez Whatley[/B] vs. Angelo Mosca Jr. [I]If anyone can, the Candyman can![/I] [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton[/B] vs. The Armstrongs [B]Kevin Sullivan[/B] vs. Magnum T.A. [B]The Road Warriors[/B] vs. The Mulkey Brothers Dick Slater vs. [B]Barry Windham[/B] Magnum T.A. vs. Ric Flair [I]Draw[/I] [B]The Rock and Roll Express[/B] vs. The Long Riders Angelo Mosca vs. [B]Nikita Koloff[/B] The Brisco Brothers vs. [B]The Midnight Express[/B] Larry Zbyszko vs. [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Monday, Week 2, February 1984[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Richardson Stadium, Davidson, North Carolina Broadcast via USA Network LIVE on Monday at 11:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MACW WORLDWIDE![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The show opened up upon a talk show set with bagpipes playing in the background as Roddy Piper walked up and took a seat.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We're here on Piper's Pit. Let's go ahead and bring out our guest: The American Dream Dusty Rhodes!"[/COLOR] [I]Dusty walks out to a good crowd ovation, stepping to the podium and sitting down.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Thank you for coming here tonight, Dusty. I'll tell you, I'm not too familiar with your work. Where do you come from?"[/COLOR] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"..."[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I'm, I'm sorry Dusty. Do you speak english or have an education beyond the 4th grade? I'll talk real slow for you: where...do...you...come...from?"[/COLOR] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"None of your business."[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"If the questions are too hard for you, Dusty, let me know. I will try to bring them down for you so you can understand them. Isn't it true that Kevin Sullivan has been beating your brains in up and down the road here?"[/COLOR] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"No, that is not true."[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Are you telling me it's not true that Kevin Sullivan has been kicking your ass, Dusty Rhodes?"[/COLOR] [I]Dusty rises up and grabs Piper by the shirt, pushing him down. Dusty shakes his head and turns, walking away. Piper gets up quickly and looks angrily at Dusty's back.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Come back here, Dusty! You're walking the wrong way! You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!"[/COLOR] =A[/QUOTE] [B]Match #1[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BarryWindham.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Dick Slater vs. Barry Windham[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The opening match featured Dirty Dick Slater against Barry Windham with Jake Roberts on commentary. These two brawlers definitely showed it here as they battled back and forth inside the ring. Slater had the advantage toward the end but somehow Windham hit a Running Bulldog out of nowhere and picked up the pinfall! Barry Windham defeated Dick Slater in 10:18 by pinfall with a Running Bulldog.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Dick Slater is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...C+ [I]The focus turned toward the podium where Jake Roberts, Gordon Solie and Bob Caudle were wrapping up the match.[/I] [B]Gordon Solie:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"A very convincing win for Barry Windham here tonight. He is proving he belongs within the ranks of Mid-Atlantic."[/COLOR] [B]Jake Roberts:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"You call that win convincing, Gordon Solie? That comment right there is part of the bias that our industry has toward people who play by the rules. But you see the guys who play by the rules, the good guys come up just a little short each time they step into the ring with someone like me. It doesn't matter to me how I win inside the ring. It only matters that I win. And Barry Windham, your time to lose is going to come sooner or later. Trust me."[/COLOR] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #2[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RoadWarriorAnimal.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RandyMulkey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/wrestlertemplate.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Road Warriors vs. The Mulkey Brothers[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The Mulkey Brothers are standing within the ring when Paul Ellering steps from the back and slides into the ring to join them. He takes up the ring announcer's microphone.[/I] [B]Paul Ellering:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I hope you gentlemen are ready to be sacrificial lambs to the slaughter. Because tonight sees the return of the two toughest men in wrestling from the toughest part of Chicago Illinois. Everyone pay your respect to Hawk, Animal: The Road Warriors!"[/COLOR] =D+ [I]Hawk and Animal came running out from the back as 'Iron Man' played. They had their spiked shoulderpads on and their faces painted. They slid into the ring and went right to the attack on the Mulkeys with forearms and clotheslines as referee Tommy Young called for the bell. They toyed with the Mulkeys for a little bit. Animal lifted Randy into the air and military press slammed him to the mat! Bill came in and was nailed with a powerslam! Finally Paul Ellering gave the signal and Hawk mounted the top turnbuckles as Animal lifted Bill Mulkey onto his shoulders. Hawk leapt and a Flying Clothesline off the top turnbuckle sent Bill Mulkey flipping inside out! Animal turned around and pressed his palms on Bill Mulkey's chest as the 3 count was academic. The Road Warriors defeated The Mulkey Brothers in 5:43 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Bill Mulkey by pinfall with a Doomsday Device.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Road Warrior Animal stood out as being good. The great performance of Road Warrior Hawk really stood out. Road Warrior Hawk is improving in Technical skills. Bill Mulkey is improving in Rumble skills...=D [I]Following the match, Randy Mulkey came back in to check on his brother and the Road Warriors turned on him, kicking him in the face and stomping him into the mat while Paul Ellering looked on with pride. Animal lifted Randy Mulkey onto his shoulders and turned toward another turnbuckle where Hawk was perched! Hawk leapt and sent Randy Mulkey twisting and flying through the air with the Doomsday Device and the Road Warriors left both Mulkeys down and broken on the mat![/I] =E+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The focus turned to Gordon Solie and Bob Caudle as they announced that next week we will be seeing Dr. Death Steve Williams take on Magnum T.A.! With that said, they moved to video footage of last week's main event.[/I] =C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The video aired, showing Mr. Wrestling II and Greg the Hammer Valentine in non-title action. In what many would deem an upset right now, Mr. Wrestling II got the victory![/I] =C+ [I]Greg Valentine was at the podium when they came back from video.[/I] [B]Greg Valentine:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Yeah, everyone saw that last week I lost to Mr. Wrestling II in a nontitle match. What does that mean? It means that I am STILL the United States Champion and just like every other sequel Mr. Wrestling II just doesn't have what it takes. To prove this to you I am going to challenge Mr. Wrestling II to a match where I will put my United States Heavyweight Title on the line! I will prove once and for all that I deserve my belt and that he is nothing compared to the Hammer."[/COLOR] =C[/QUOTE] [B]Match #3[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/KevinSullivan2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Kevin Sullivan vs. Magnum T.A.[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]As the wrestlers made their entrance, the main event was announced to the crowd at home as being Roddy Piper against the American Dream Dusty Rhodes! The crowd cheered at the announcement and their joy carried over as Magnum T.A. made his entrance to the ring. This was actually a pretty good match with the good guy T.A. and the bad guy Sullivan. Sullivan used rakes of the eyes and distractions by the Fallen Angel to maintain the advantage throughout the match. Magnum got in a few choice shots though and some momentum late in the match through the crowd support. Out of nowhere he was able to hit the Belly to Belly Suplex and made a floatover pin on Sullivan, picking up a huge victory and motioning to his waist that he wants that NWA World Title. Magnum T.A. defeated Kevin Sullivan in 9:06 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #4: NWA World Tag Team Title Match![/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyEaton.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton defend against the Armstrongs[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Prior to the match, the NWA World Tag Team Champions went out to the podium.[/I] [B]Arn Anderson:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"First of all, congratulations to myself and Bobby for being the NWA World Tag Team Champions. We take on all comers and tonight that means the Armstrongs. But we want to talk about another Champ here in the NWA: the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair. You see, Bobby and I, we think of our team as not just a team but as a family. We're a well-trained unit. And after doing some talking with the Champ we've decided to extend our family unit a little bit."[/COLOR] [B]Bobby Eaton:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"In other words, from this point on, we have Ric Flair's back and he has ours. You mess with one of us and you mess with all of us."[/COLOR] =B- [I]Anderson and Eaton moved into the ring for their match with the Armstrongs. Brad tried a quick pace to start the match and it kept Anderson and Eaton off their guard for the first few minutes. Then they isolated Bob Armstrong in the ring and began double-teaming the veteran with quick tags and double clotheslines and the like. But within several minutes Bob Armstrong ducked an Eaton clothesline and came back with a flying shoulderblock! Both men fell to the ground and began crawling toward their corners. Each man stretched out, trying to make the tag. Eaton tags in Arn and in comes Brad Armstrong! Anderson begged off and Brad came right at him, dropkicking him into the corner! Brad ran forward and hit a monkey flip on Anderson! In came Bob Armstrong and referee Randy Anderson had to push him back. Bobby Eaton slipped into the ring behind Brad Armstrong and when Brad turned around he got POPPED with a belt shot by Bobby Eaton! Anderson turned and lifted Brad Armstrong up and dropped him with an Anderson DDT before making the cover and the 3 count was academic! Anderson and Eaton with a successful title defense! Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 9:54 when Arn Anderson defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with an Anderson DDT.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton make defence number 1 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Referee=Randy Anderson...Brad Armstrong was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Arn Anderson looked good out there. Bob Armstrong came out of the match looking good...=C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]A pretaped interview began with the Brisco Brothers standing in front of a generic blue background.[/I] [B]Jack Brisco:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Saturday night in Spruce Pines, North Carolina my brother and I take on the team that Jim Cornette called the best team in wrestling: The Midnight Express. Jim, I'd like to hold a bet with you on that one. Don't you know who you're gonna be facing? My brother and I have honed our skills. We're both former amateur champions. The Midnight Express is the team that won't stand a chance."[/COLOR] [B]Jerry Brisco:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"That's right, brother. We both have the qualifications. We both have the background. What does the Midnight Express have? A manager with a big mouth. Saturday night, my brother and I are going to shut that mouth up."[/COLOR] =C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Another video played, this one showing highlights of where the Koloffs attacked Wahoo McDaniel and laid the flag upon him to boos from the crowd.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #5[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/PezWhatley.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/AngeloMoscaJr.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Pez Whatley vs. Angelo Mosca Jr.[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The fans were definitely not into this match but there was one fan in particular cheering wildly for the CandyMan Pistol Pez Whatley, into every move he made against the son of King Kong. This was a rather short match but Whatley put everything he had into it for his one fan and he didn't disappoint him as he hit Mosca, Jr. with a Flying Cross Body Block and got the pinfall victory! Pez Whatley defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. in 4:58 by pinfall with a Flying Cross Body Block.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down...=E+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Another pretaped interview began to play. This time with Jim Cornette standing between the Midnight Express.[/I] [B]Jim Cornette:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"The Brisco Brothers think I'm a big mouth? They think they're just going to run over the Midnight Express on Saturday night? They better think again. I just got off the phone with my momma and she said to tell you guys to stop picking on her poor son."[/COLOR] [B]Randy Rose:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Don't worry about it, Jimmy. We got this one in the bag. Jack and Jerry you can bring all the background and credentials that you want. But this Saturday night when you take on Ravishing Randy Rose and Loverboy Dennis Condrey, you're gonna get run over by the Midnight Express!"[/COLOR] =B-[/QUOTE] [B]Match #6: THE MAIN EVENT![/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RoddyPiper4.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Dusty Rhodes vs. Roddy Piper[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]And it was main event time as the American Dream takes on the Rowdy Scotsman. Piper came to the ring like a man on a mission after being humiliated on Piper's Pit earlier tonight by the Dream. The first few minutes consisting of Rhodes ducking Piper's advances and taunting him again and again. Finally Rhodes took the advantage early on and began working on the arm of the Hot Rod with hip tosses and armbars and the next few minutes was all Dusty until a thumb to the eye by Piper changed the momentum. Piper kicked Rhodes in the gut and bounced off the ropes, ramming Rhodes' head into the mat. The crowd booed Piper's advantage as he choked Dusty on the ropes and stomped on his hands! Dusty mounted a brief comeback late in the match but Piper came back with a pair of brass knucks, knocking Dusty for a loop and then landed the Sleeperhold! Referee Stu Schwartz began lifting Dusty's arms... 1... 2... 3!!! Dusty is out of it and Roddy Piper gets his revenge for what happened at the beginning of the show! Piper gets his hand raised in victory as the show goes off the air. Roddy Piper defeated Dusty Rhodes in 10:31 by submission after blatantly cheating.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Dusty Rhodes could use something to freshen his character up. This match lifted the crowd. Roddy Piper is improving in Technical skills...=B+[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: B- ATTENDANCE: 5,000 TV RATING: 1.56[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 2, February 1984[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Pinebridge Coliseum, Spruce Pine, North Carolina. Broadcast via ESPN on Saturday at 11:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]THE MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The Main Event began at the podium where the Nature Boy Ric Flair was standing there wearing one of his $15,000 suits.[/I] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"What we have here in North Carolina, in Spruce Pine is the major leagues. You are looking at the big time in the National Wrestling Alliance and the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nature Boy Ric Flair. Whoooo. This is the man who's custom made from head to toe, a limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheeling and dealing son of a gun. The total opposite of a little bum like Magnum T.A. Magnum, I've been in the ring with them all: The Funks, Harley Race, Wahoo McDaniel, Dick Slater, Dick Murdoch, Dusty Rhodes, the list goes on and on and I'm still the Champ. Whooo. What makes you think that you can insult me by tearing up a custom made suit that I had made for you? You aren't even in my league, pal. Whooo. There's a reason why I'm the Champ, pal, and it's because I'm the best this industry has to offer. I'm the man who lives in the big house on the big side of town down in Charlotte. I'm the man who kisses all the women and makes them cry when I leave. Magnum T.A. I'll guarantee you this: on your best day and my worst day you still couldn't get the job done. You could never take this shiny gold belt away from me. And that's just a fact. Whooo!"[/COLOR] =A[/QUOTE] [B]Match #1[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/LarryZybszko2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Larry Zbyszko vs. Dusty Rhodes[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]What a way to start off the night. Two very dangerous, very good wrestlers coming out to face off in a battle of epic proportions. The American Dream is coming off a hard-fought loss to Roddy Piper this past Monday and that is what probably led to Dusty being off his game early in the match. Zbyszko took advantage and used a lot of restholds and focus on Dusty's lower back for the first ten minutes of the contest. The crowd tried to inspire Dusty to fight back and eventually Dusty reversed an abdominal stretch into a hiptoss! Both men were flat on their back though as referee Stu Schwartz began his count. At about 8, both men were on their knees exchanging punches. Dusty obviously looked a little winded because of the beating he took during the beginning of the match. But Dusty started to get back the advantage with a few rights and lefts combination. He did a little dance but Zbyszko backed off quickly and slid out of the ring. Dusty followed him around the ring and when Zbyszko slid inside, Dusty backed off, wagging a finger at the Living Legend! Dusty finally slid into the ring and he and Zbyszko exchanged the momentum before Dusty got Zbyszko locked into a modified sleeper known as the Weaver Lock! Zbyszko did all he could to fight out of it but it was to no avail and he was forced to submit! Dusty Rhodes defeated Larry Zbyszko in 17:50 by submission with a Weaver Lock.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Dusty Rhodes could use something to freshen his character up. The announcing quality lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd...=B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]A pretaped interview began showing Barry Windham against a generic background.[/I] [B]Barry Windham:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"You know I'm getting sick and tired of guys like Jake Roberts running off at their mouth. Jake, you wanna talk trash about my wrestling? Then step into the ring with me and we can see just how much my father has truly taught me. I've never been one to back off from a challenge or from a fight. My father taught me that. So, Jake, if you've got the guts then step up and fight me like a man."[/COLOR] =B- [I]As that video faded, one played of Jake Roberts standing within a darkened room. Kevin Sullivan could be seen standing behind him.[/I] [B]Jake Roberts:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"You know Barry Windham, you're trying to cast me as the original sinner. You're pointing the finger at me and I don't appreciate it. Let's point the finger at Gordon Solie, at Jim Crockett, Jr., at the NWA for not giving me my rematch with Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Barry Windham, you should know that I don't make idle threats. I don't come out here and say words that I don't mean. And soon you're going to find out that I am the snake you should be worrying about. Trust me."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #2[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JackBrisco.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JerryBrisco.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DennisCondrey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RandyRose.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Brisco Brothers vs. The Midnight Express[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Stellar tag team action was next as the undefeated Midnight Express with Jim Cornette in their corner took on the Brisco Brothers. A definite back and forth encounter, if not too short a match indeed for these two top tag teams. Late in the bout, Jim Cornette jumped up on the apron, distracting referee Randy Anderson and tossing the tennis racket to Dennis Condrey! Randy Rose held back the arms of Jerry Brisco as Condrey loaded up the racket. But Brisco ducked at the last minute and Condrey nailed his own partner with the tennis racket!!! Jack Brisco knocked Condrey out of the ring and then took Jim Cornette off the apron as Jerry locked a Figure 4 on Randy Rose! It was only a matter of time before Randy Rose submitted and the Briscos picked up a huge win! The Brisco Brothers defeated The Midnight Express in 7:47 when Jerry Brisco defeated Randy Rose by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=B- [I]Following the match, Condrey slid back into the ring with the tennis racket and rammed the stick part against the forehead of Jerry Brisco while he still had the figure 4 on Randy Rose! Of course that broke the hold and when Jack turned back around he got a dose of the tennis racket too! Jim Cornette came into the ring and gave a few stomps to the fallen bodies of the Briscos, helping Randy Rose to his feet as the crowd booed the Midnight Express![/I] =C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Another pre-recorded interview began, this time with Paul Ellering standing out there in front of the Road Warriors.[/I] [B]Paul Ellering:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Take a look and feast your eyes on the best tag team in all of wrestling today. The undefeated Road Warriors: Hawk and Animal. That's right. I've said it before and I'll say it again: we've got the perfect combination of raw power, of speed and of intelligence. I am the man sitting at home reading the Wall Street Journal while you're all sitting at home reading your comic books. That's why I'm here and you're sitting in the audience wishing you could be Precious Paul. But I'm right here today to issue an open challenge to any tag team that wants to face my Road Warriors this Monday night on WorldWide. If any tag team is brave enough to take on my Road Warriors then so be it. But soon enough we will be getting a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Titles and my Road Warriors will not disappoint me."[/COLOR] =D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The focus turns back to the podium where Magnum T.A. has stepped out.[/I] [B]Magnum T.A.:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Ric Flair, you came out here and say that you can beat me any place, any time. How about the place being here tonight and the time being later in the main event. I've run into a lot of people trying to tell me what I couldn't do. I've had people try to rub it in my face about how long it took me to get here to the NWA but my standing here is living proof that I can get it done. Nature Boy, if you're willing to have the match then meet me in the ring later tonight and I'll prove that I can do what you say that I can't: that's beat you in the middle of the ring."[/COLOR] =A[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]After Magnum walked off, Gordon Solie and Bob Caudle talked about how next week we're going to see the Russian Bear Ivan Koloff take on Wahoo McDaniel in a match that pits Russia against the United States once again.[/I] =B+ [I]And then they were joined by Wahoo McDaniel.[/I] [B]Wahoo McDaniel:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Thank you, gentlemen, for this time. Everyone saw the sick thing that the Russians did to me last week when they shredded the American flag in little pieces over my injured body. That's not going to happen next week. Next week, the same thing is going to happen that happened when I faced you in a match before Ivan Koloff. I am not going to be the friendly indian that everybody loves. I am going to finally, once and for all, rid the world of you and your nephew too. I am going to get my piece of revenge and then some."[/COLOR] =B-[/QUOTE] [B]Match #3[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/AngeloMosca.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/NikitaKoloff.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Angelo Mosca vs. Nikita Koloff[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Almost fitting that the Russians came out next for Nikita's encounter with King Kong. Angelo Mosca stood toe to toe with Nikita for the first few minutes but after some well-timed interference by Ivan Koloff it was all Nikita. He dominated King Kong for several minutes before hitting that famed Russian Sickle and getting the pinfall victory. Nikita Koloff defeated Angelo Mosca in 8:29 by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C [I]Ivan slid into the ring to celebrate with his nephew and they were handed a microphone.[/I] [B]Ivan Koloff:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Stupid American Wahoo McDaniel. Do you not realize that I have been training harder since our last encounter? As you Americans say, I merely stepped on banana peel in our last match and you escaped with the win. There will be no bananas next week. There will only be puny American and Russian Bear. There will be no room for your lies, American. No way for you to say that Russian Bear is not greater than you are. I will see you next week, puny American."[/COLOR] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]An announcement was played showing that Piper's Pit would return this Monday night with special guest: Ricky Steamboat![/I] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #4[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonBass.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BlackBart.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Long Riders[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The crowd went crazy for a little Rock and Roll when the Express came out and booed the Long Riders: Ron Bass and Black Bart. The Express used their speed to mostly dominate the bout early, much to no one's surprise as the Long Riders haven't seemed to do much here in Mid-Atlantic. But a rake to the face gave the Long Riders the advantage they needed. They used frequent tags to keep Ricky Morton in their corner, giving fans a little worry about the upset. But the crowd cheered when Morton finally made the tag! Robert Gibson came in as a house on fire, sending both Bass and Black Bart into the corner! Ricky Morton slowly got back up and he whipped Robert Gibson into one of the corners where Black Bart was and Gibson hit a monkey flip! The referee grabbed Morton and began escorting him out of the ring. Gibson turned his attention to Ron Bass and Bass slammed into his head with a branding iron! It busted Robert Gibson open! Bass quickly locked in a Skull Clutch while Black Bart kept Ricky Morton from coming in. Referee Stu Schwartz actually called for the bell on the submission and we DO have an upset! The Long Riders defeated The Rock and Roll Express in 8:48 when Ron Bass defeated Robert Gibson by submission after blatantly cheating.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ricky Morton is improving in Technical skills. Ron Bass is improving in Flying skills...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]With the crowd stirring over the upset, another pre-taped interview played. This time with Mr. Wrestling II[/I] [B]Mr. Wrestling II:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"So it appears that Greg Valentine does have a few more guts in that body of than I thought he did. He came out here last Monday and challenged me to a rematch. Valentine, I beat you once before and I can do it again. I accept the rematch."[/COLOR] =B [I]Bob Caudle and Gordon Solie announced that the rematch has been signed for next week right here on the Main Event as Greg Valentine will defend his United States Heavyweight Title against Mr. Wrestling II![/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [B]Match #5: MAIN EVENT, Non-Title, TV Time Remaining(10 Minutes)[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Magnum T.A. vs. Ric Flair[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]As Flair made his entrance he stopped by the podium and counted the money that Magnum had left there. Then he turned and walked into the ring to meet Magnum T.A. in the center of the ring. Referee Randy Anderson seperated the two men and then called for the bell and the main event is on! The match started slow with both men circling each other and then locking up with Flair getting a side headlock on Magnum. Magnum lifted Flair into the air and Flair turned his momentum to bring Magnum to the ground in that headlock and get a 1 count. Magnum pushed Flair up and over and got a 1 count of his own. Slowly they got back to a vertical base and Magnum pushed Flair off into the ropes. Magnum took Flair down with a shoulderblock and Flair backed off some toward a corner, slowly pulling himself up. The time is definitely in favor of the NWA Champ here, isn't it? Magnum walked over and Flair quickly turned the tables, pulling Magnum into the corner. Flair unleashed a hard chop to the chest! Then a second knife edge chop! But Magnum came back with a punch! Then another! And another backing Flair from the corner. Magnum T.A. went on a roll for the next few minutes, even causing a Flair flop and roll to the outside of the ring. The announcers said that only 5 minutes remain in this contest when Flair rolled back in the ring. He raked the eyes of Magnum T.A. and then ran his head into the turnbuckle. As Magnum staggered out, Flair went right to the knee with a chop block. For the next 3 minutes, Flair focused on the knee of Magnum T.A. But when he went for the Figure 4 Leglock, Magnum kicked him away with his good leg! Flair came back in and got kicked in the mush again! Magnum used the ropes to help himself up as the one minute time sounded! Flair came in and Magnum hit him with an elbow to the chest. Magnum grabbed Flair and turned him around, lifting him and dropping him with a snap suplex. He made the cover and got a two count! Flair barely got the shoulder up as the ten second count was given and the countdown was on! Both men got to their feet and Magnum hit the belly to belly suplex with the floatover pin! 1... 2... DING DING DING!!! And Randy Anderson stopped making the count! The bell sounded, signalling the time limit had been reached! Ric Flair drew with Magnum T.A. in 10:00 when the time limit expired.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Ric Flair and Magnum T.A. have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. Ric Flair came out of the match looking good. This match lifted the crowd...=A [I]Following the match as Magnum looked despaired, out came the NWA World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton! They attacked Magnum from behind and beat him down to the mat! Anderson hit a Spinebuster on Magnum while Eaton climbed the turnbuckles. Eaton flew with that Alabama Jam Legdrop on Magnum T.A.! Anderson helped Flair up and Flair came over, locking the Figure 4 Leglock on Magnum T.A.! Magnum cried for help as the show went off the air.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: B+ ATTENDANCE: 5,000 TV RATING: .87[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B][CENTER]MACW WEEKLY RECAP[/CENTER][/B] [QUOTE]Retired wrestler now manager Ox Baker has signed on with the AWA as of Tuesday Week 2 February 1984.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Roddy Piper agreed to terms on a contract with Maple Leaf Wrestling. I didn't really have a problem with this except that they seem to be working a lot with the WWF. I'll have to keep my eye on this situation.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Kevin Sullivan and Jake Roberts are keeping a good hold on their Florida Tag Team Titles.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Bobby Eaton signed to wrestle some over in New Japan Pro Wrestling but we remain his priority.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Down in Georgia Championship Wrestling when they headed up to New York to go on tour they wowed fans with a main event of Larry Zbyszko and Stan Hansen successfully defending their National Tag Team Titles against Jake Roberts and Buzz Sawyer.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Bobby Eaton won his debut match in NJPW by defeating Fit Finlay.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Down in San Antonio, the AWA had a very good main event for their All-Star Wrestling show as Wahoo McDaniel beat Adrian Adonis.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Look for some major surprises this week on WorldWide and the Main Event![/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling WorldWide! [b]LIVE![/b] From The James White Civic Coliseum in Knoxville, Tennessee[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][I]Non-Title[/I] Dusty Rhodes and Magnum T.A. vs. Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Long Riders vs. The Brisco Brothers[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ted DiBiase vs. Mr. Wrestling II[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Malenko Brothers make their debuts against the Fabulous Ones[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Mike Rotundo vs. Hercules Hernandez[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Road Warriors vs. Tribal Nation[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated! [SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling The Main Event! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Civic Center in Salem, Virginia[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]United States Heavyweight Title On The Line[/I][/B] Greg Valentine defends against Mr. Wrestling II[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ronnie Garvin makes his debut against Rick Rude[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ivan Koloff vs. Wahoo McDaniel[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Non-Title[/I] Ric Flair vs. Angelo Mosca, Jr.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]One Man Gang returns to face Davey Boy Smith[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Malenko Brothers vs. The Brisco Brothers[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated[/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Monday, Week 3, February 1984[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the James White Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, Tennessee Broadcast via USA Network LIVE on Monday at 11:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MACW WORLDWIDE![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The announcers welcomed everyone to the show and announced that in light of recent events, the Steve Williams/Magnum T.A. match has been postponed and tonight Magnum T.A. will team with the American Dream Dusty Rhodes to face the NWA World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton![/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #1[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RoadWarriorAnimal.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JayYoungblood.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MarkYoungblood.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Road Warriors vs. Tribal Nation[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Paul Ellering led the Road Warriors out for this match. As one might expect, the Road Warriors dominated Jay and Mark Youngblood with most of the punishment coming to Mark Youngblood, including the ending with a Doomsday Device and then pinfall. The Road Warriors defeated Tribal Nation in 4:53 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Mark Youngblood by pinfall with a Doomsday Device.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Road Warrior Hawk looked good out there. Road Warrior Hawk is improving in Technical skills...=D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The focus turned toward the podium where the NWA World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton walked out to boos from the crowd.[/I] [B]Arn Anderson:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"What happened last Saturday night was just one step toward the complete destruction of anyone who stands in our way or the way of our friends. You see, Magnum T.A., you don't tug on superman's cape and you don't mess with myself, Bobby or Ric. You decided you wanted to try taking the NWA World Title off of Ric? That's not going to happen."[/COLOR] [B]Bobby Eaton:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"And Dusty you want to step in the ring and team with this guy? You're messing with the wrong guys. Just step away and you won't get hurt."[/COLOR] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The crowd rose in boos and surprise as a new and old face stepped out from the back and walked toward the ring. It's...The Masked Superstar! What a huge surprise! He slides into the ring and is handed a microphone.[/I] [B]The Masked Superstar:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"For those of you who don't know who I am, I am the best wrestler to come across Mid-Atlantic in a very long time. Everyone knows me simply as the Masked Superstar. And I am out here to state that there is no one on the roster that can break my Cobra Clutch. I have $1,000.00 right here to give to anyone that can successfully break my hold. It will start this Saturday night. Good luck!"[/COLOR] =B-[/QUOTE] [B]Match #2[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MikeRotundo.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HerculesHernandez.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Mike Rotundo vs. Hercules Hernandez[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A very short match that the crowd wasn't too into. The announcers spent their time talking about the return of the Masked Superstar. Inside the ring, Rotundo picked up the victory following an Airplane Spin. Mike Rotundo defeated Hercules Hernandez in 3:53 by pinfall with an Airplane Spin.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Following the match, Barry Windham walked out to a good crowd ovation, sliding inside the ring and taking the ring announcer's microphone.[/I] [B]Barry Windham:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Week after week I've come out here and challenged Jake Roberts to back up his words and meet me in the ring. Jake, I'm out here right now and I'm not leaving until I get an answer."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]After several long minutes of waiting, Jake Roberts stepped out along with Kevin Sullivan. Jake is holding a microphone.[/I] [B]Jake Roberts:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Barry, Barry, Barry. Do you really think that you can step into the ring with me so easily? There are a lot of people who wish to step into the ring with a former World Champion. May I remind you that you're still a young pup within the industry? But I'll tell you what: I'll grant you a shot against me if and only if you can beat Kevin Sullivan. What do you say?"[/COLOR] =B+ [I]Barry looked unimpressed within the ring, shaking his head.[/I] [B]Barry Windham:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"You're on, Jake. That's all I need to say."[/COLOR] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #3[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JoeMalenko.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DeanMalenko.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/StanLane3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveKeirn3.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Malenko Brothers vs. The Fabulous Ones[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Joe Malenko would be making his debut within this tag match. His brother, Dean, had already wrestled several matches here for MACW in losing efforts. The Brothers, though, put up a good fight and a good show against the Fabulous Ones. Lane and Keirn looked stunned and really had to rev up their game against the young tag team. But in the end, Dean Malenko caught Keirn with a Brainbuster and somehow picked up the pinfall victory in what many would term an upset! The Malenko Brothers defeated The Fabulous Ones in 8:27 when Dean Malenko defeated Steve Keirn by pinfall with a Brainbuster.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Dean Malenko was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The great performance of Stan Lane really stood out. The great performance of Steve Keirn really stood out...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Magnum T.A. steps out to a good crowd ovation and heads over to Gordon Solie for an interview.[/I] [B]Gordon Solie:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Wrestling fans, I'm standing here right now with a top contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title Magnum T.A. Magnum, you were originally supposed to face Dr. Death Steve Williams tonight but after what happened last week, plans were changed to make this a tag team bout tonight. Your thoughts on the match change?"[/COLOR] [B]Magnum T.A.:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"I don't want Steve Williams or that weasal Bobby Heenan to think that I'm ducking him because I'm not. After last week's attack by Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton I went to Jim Crockett because I wanted revenge. But Williams if you want a match with me soon I am sure that can be arranged."[/COLOR] =B- [I]Gordon started to talk again but they were interrupted by the presence of Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton! The NWA World Tag Team Champions walked out and Anderson struck a blow to the gut of Magnum! Bobby Eaton wrapped Magnum up and into a suplex on the staging area! Good Lord! Gordon was yelling for help as Anderson turned Magnum and rammed his leg into the podium! Anderson and Eaton took turns stomping on the leg of Magnum T.A. until finally Dusty Rhodes came running from the back to put an end to things but the damage had already been done to Magnum's leg. He was writhing within pain as Dusty stood over him and EMTs came in to help him away.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #4[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/TedDiBiase.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MrWrestlingII.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ted DiBiase vs. Mr. Wrestling II[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A technical wrestling dreammatch took place here between Wrestling II and DiBiase. Truly a back and forth contest despite DiBiase not looking as good as he should and could look. But he sold like a charm against the top contender for the U.S. Title. Wrestling II picked up the pinfall following the Million Dollar Knee Lift. Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ted DiBiase in 11:46 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...Ted DiBiase was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd...=B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The crowd roars it's approval as out walks the American Dream Dusty Rhodes. He steps to the podium.[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Jimmy Crockett, I know you're watching this in the back right now, daddy. Magnum T.A. got beat up real bad by that Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton earlier tonight. We just need a little more time for him to get healthy."[/COLOR] [I]Jim Crockett Jr. walked out from the back and stepped to the microphone.[/I] [B]Jim Crockett, Jr.:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Dusty, I understand your situation but these fans paid to see a main event tonight. So you have until the end of the evening for Magnum to get better. If he doesn't, then you'll have to stand it alone against Anderson and Eaton."[/COLOR] =C+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #5[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonBass.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BlackBart.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JackBrisco.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JerryBrisco.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Long Riders vs. The Brisco Brothers[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The match within the ring was mostly an afterthought to the commentators as they spoke about the American Dream Dusty Rhodes and the predicament that he was put in by Jim Crockett, Jr. Could he really go at it alone against the NWA World Tag Team Champions? Inside the ring, the Briscos mostly dominated with Jack putting Black Bart away by pinfall with a small package. The Brisco Brothers defeated The Long Riders in 7:35 when Jack Brisco defeated Black Bart by pinfall.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Jerry Brisco is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jack Brisco looked good out there...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]And the attention turned toward the stage that was set up outside the ring when they returned from commercial break with the Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper standing there within his interview area.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Hello everyone and welcome to Piper's Pit. Without further ado, let's bring out my next guest this week everyone. Please stand up and cheer for Ricky the Dragon Steamboat!"[/COLOR] [I]The crowd cheered for Steamboat as he walked out and took a seat next to Piper.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Welcome to Piper's Pit, Ricky. I know this must be the highlight of your career being on the Pit and all. But you know there have been a few complaints written in by the fans of Mid-Atlantic that I don't treat my guests here very well. People say that I'm too insulting. So today on the Piper's Pit I decided to bring you a real treat. Yeah it's something to remind you of home. I brought you a lei. Do you like that? Does it remind you of home out there on those islands?"[/COLOR] [I]Piper drops the lei on the table and reaches into the sack beside his chair.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"And another thing I brought you are these: one coconut, two coconuts, three coconuts. Too bad I didn't get you a village to destroy since you're a big scary dragon and all."[/COLOR] [B]Ricky Steamboat:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Wait a second, are you trying to insult me, Piper?"[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Am I trying to insult - ? No way, Sir. Why would I try to insult you?"[/COLOR] [I]And Piper picks up a coconut and blasts Steamboat with it, knocking him back through the set! He picks up the other ones and throws them down at Steamboat, jaw-jacking at the Dragon off-microphone. Piper takes off his belt and begins lashing at Steamboat's back as the crowd looks horrified at what they are seeing and Steamboat just looks like he's getting angry![/I] =C+ [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"You want your lei? Here have a lei!"[/COLOR] [I]Piper wraps the lei around Steamboat's throat and chokes him with it before returning to whipping Steamboat across the back with his belt! Piper spits on Steamboat, backing up while Steamboat crawls toward Piper on his hands and knees! Piper continues to back up and when Steamboat gets to his feet, Piper dashes through backstage doors, closing them quickly and Steamboat bangs on the doors angrily while officials come out and try to restrain him! Steamboat goes back and destroys the set just before we go to a commercial[/I] =C+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #6: Non-Title[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyEaton.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Dusty Rhodes and Magnum T.A.? vs. Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Dusty Rhodes comes out first and stands alone within his corner. It doesn't look like Magnum is going to be fit to come out! And out come the NWA World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton! Anderson and Eaton charge the ring and Dusty comes firing off on both men as referee Adrien Desbois calls for the bell! After fighting them off for about a minute, Dusty quickly succumbs to the two on one advantage. Anderson and Eaton use referee distractions to choke the American Dream and use double-teams to keep Dusty down but Dusty just won't stay down during this contest. Late in the match, Dusty begins staging his own rally against Bobby Eaton, setting him up and delivering the Bionic Elbow as Davey Boy Smith comes out to lend some moral support! Dusty makes a cover on Eaton: 1... 2... Broken up by Arn Anderson with a belt shot! The referee sees Anderson with the belt and immediately calls for the bell! Dusty Rhodes defeated Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton in 7:57 when Arn Anderson was disqualified while fighting Dusty Rhodes.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Adrien Desbois...Dusty Rhodes is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C+ [I]Following the bell sounding, Anderson stomps on the fallen Rhodes and in comes Davey Boy Smith! He lunges at Anderson in a run but gets caught in a Spinebuster! Anderson sets Davey Boy Smith near the corner, helping Eaton up and get up the top turnbuckle: ALABAMA JAM on Davey Boy Smith![/I] =C+ [I]The crowd rises in cheers as out runs Magnum T.A.! He's bandaged up slightly but he slides in the ring, punching away at Double A! Eaton catches him from behind with a chop block to the knee! Double A climbs to the second turnbuckle and leaps off with a forearm shot to that hurting knee of Magnum T.A. as Magnum cries out in pain! Bobby Eaton tosses Arn Anderson his belt and Anderson climbs the turnbuckles again...belt shot on the knee by Anderson! Magnum grabs his knee, holding it in pain as the NWA World Tag Team Champions turn to leave with three men lying on the mat as a result of their actions.[/I] =C [I]Out come the paramedics, sliding into the ring with a stretcher. They check on Magnum's knee first before gingerly loading him onto the stretcher to take him to get some more medical tests done on that hurt knee.[/I] =C [I]As Magnum is being carted away, he is handed a microphone.[/I] [B]Magnum T.A.:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Owwww. Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Ric Flair. You haven't seen the last of Magnum T.A. I will have my revenge AND that NWA World Heavyweight Title!"[/COLOR] [I]And the show ended with Magnum being taken away on that stretcher.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: C+ ATTENDANCE: 4,871 TV RATING: 1.52[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 3, February 1984[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Civic Center, Salem, Virginia. Broadcast via ESPN on Saturday at 11:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]THE MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The show begins with the Masked Superstar standing inside the ring to boos from the crowd.[/I] [B]The Masked Superstar:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Last Monday, I issued a challenge to any Mid-Atlantic superstar to come out here tonight and try to break my cobra clutch. Since we all know that no one on the roster can break the hold, let's get the victim out here for this."[/COLOR] [I]The crowd did their best to cheer for Angelo Mosca Jr., the son of King Kong as he slid into the ring. The Masked Superstar just laughed at him.[/I] [B]The Masked Superstar:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"You're not like your father, son. Why don't you just go and sit back down?"[/COLOR] [I]Mosca, Jr. shook his head and said he's ready. The Masked Superstar locked the Cobra Clutch on Mosca, Jr. and shook him around the ring before Mosca had no choice but to submit! The Masked Superstar released him and shook his head.[/I] [B]The Masked Superstar:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Better luck next time."[/COLOR] =B-[/QUOTE] [B]Match #1[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DeanMalenko.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JoeMalenko.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JackBrisco.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JerryBrisco.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Malenko Brothers vs. The Brisco Brothers[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The Malenkos actually gave the Briscos a run for their money in this one as they seemed to have a match for each technical hold the Briscos came up with. It was a match of holds and counterholds for much of this encounter until Jack rolled up Joe in a small package for the victory! The Brisco Brothers defeated The Malenko Brothers in 5:48 when Jack Brisco defeated Joe Malenko by pinfall.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jack Brisco looked excellent out there. Jerry Brisco is improving in Rumble skills...=C [I]Following the match, Dean checked on his brother while the Briscos celebrated in the ring, playing slightly to the crowd.[/I] =B- [I]But the Briscos had their backs turned when the Midnight Express came in with Jim Cornette! Dean smiled as he watched Jack get hit in the back with the tennis racket by Dennis Condrey! Jerry took a double sledge to the back by Randy Rose and Jim Cornette watched on with pride as the Midnight Express took out the Briscos until several superstars made their way from the back to break things up![/I] =C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The spotlight turned to focus on the new set of Piper's Pit here in Salem, Virginia where Roddy Piper was sitting in a chair and Harley Race standing behind him.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Everybody who watched last week's show saw an ungrateful Ricky Steamboat destroy the set of Piper's Pit. As you can see, the Pit is back up and running since no Dragon can destroy it. And since Mid-Atlantic cannot protect me I have decided to bring out my own bodyguard here to watch my back in Harley Race. You see, I know I can trust Race. He's always been good to me, haven't you, Harley? Yes, you have."[/COLOR] [I]Piper stands up and motions Race from behind the chair, wrapping an arm over Race's shoulders and giving him a noogie.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I Love my new bodyguard and THAT is the news from the Pit."[/COLOR] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #2[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/OneManGang.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DaveyBoySmith.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]One Man Gang vs. Davey Boy Smith[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The One Man Gang made his return here in Mid-Atlantic taking on Davey Boy Smith. The young lion did everything he could against his larger opponent but nothing seemed to phase the Gang. OMG put Davey Boy away quickly with the 747 Splash. One Man Gang defeated Davey Boy Smith in 2:26 by pinfall with a 747 Splash.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills. One Man Gang is improving in Performance skills...=E+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #3: Non-Title[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/AngeloMoscaJr.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ric Flair vs. Angelo Mosca, Jr.[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Before the match, a video played showing the attacks by Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton on Dusty Rhodes and Magnum T.A. last Monday night.[/I] =C+ [I]Flair came out very confidently and with good reason since Mosca, Jr. has been worn down already by the Masked Superstar. Flair dominated the match as one would expect and picked up the submission victory, using his patented Figure 4 Leglock. Ric Flair defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. in 3:31 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Adrien Desbois...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ric Flair looked good out there. Angelo Mosca Jr. is improving in Technical skills...=D+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]A video shows, hyping the extensive work-out regimens of the Road Warriors along with their manager Paul Ellering, helping to make the Road Warriors look even more impressive.[/I] =C+ [I]At the end of the video, Paul Ellering is shown within a back room standing with the Road Warriors behind him.[/I] [B]Paul Ellering:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I have said it before and I will say it again: I have standing behind me the most dominant tag team force that Mid-Atlantic has ever seen. Tribal Nation? Easy pickings! The Moscas? We'll destroy them. The Brisco Brothers? We'll make them the Brisco Sisters. Mid-Atlantic has never, EVER seen the combination of size, speed and agility that my team has and they will never see it again. Not to mention the brains behind the operation: me, Precious Paul Ellering. Mid-Atlantic, be afraid, be very, very afraid."[/COLOR] =D[/QUOTE] [B]Match #4[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/IvanKoloff.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/WahooMcDaniel.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ivan Koloff vs. Wahoo McDaniel[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The Russian Bear came out to the ring along with his nephew Nikita and before Wahoo could come out, Ivan took the microphone and told everyone to rise for the playing of the Russian national anthem. The crowd booed as the anthem played within it's entireity.[/I] =B- [I]The crowd cheered when Wahoo McDaniel came out to the ring and slid inside, taking the microphone from Koloff. He asked the crowd to stand for the playing of the American national anthem and the crowd sung along with it![/I] =B- [I]The song got about halfway through when Ivan attacked Wahoo with a double sledge and rammed him into the turnbuckle! Ivan started with a solid advantage over Wahoo after that sneak attack but the crowd quickly got into things with a 'U.S.A.' chant! This powered up Wahoo and the Native American ducked a Russian Sickle attempt and nailed Koloff with a hard chop! Wahoo quickly moved into his native american dance but Ivan rolled outside the ring to stop that momentum. Ivan slid back into the ring and the match's pace slowed between the two as they exchanged side headlocks and armbars and typical mat-wrestling techniques that most fans might not have expected between the two heavy-hitters. When Ivan got the advantage he distracted the referee while Nikita choked Wahoo with the chain! The crowd tried to get the referee's attention but Nikita released before the referee turned around! Ivan used a couple of backbreakers, focusing on the back of Wahoo McDaniel. But it was during a backbreaker that Wahoo tried to turn the tide with straight right hands to the temple! He broke the backbreaker but charged at Ivan and Ivan sidestepped, sending Wahoo crashing to the outside. Ivan distracted the official while Nikita lifted Wahoo and rammed him back-first into the ring post! Nikita rolled Wahoo back in the ring and Ivan lifted him into that Russian Bear Hug! The crowd tried to use the 'U.S.A.' chant to get Wahoo back into it but the referee raised Wahoo's hand once... Twice.... Three times!! Ivan Koloff has done it! He beat Wahoo McDaniel! Ivan Koloff defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 13:37 by submission with a Bear Hug.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] During the match we also had Nikita Koloff run in and attack McDaniel. Referee=Adrien Desbois...The announcing quality lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd. Ivan Koloff is improving in Technical skills...=B- [I]Following the match, Ivan Koloff would not release the hold! Referee Adrien Desbois tried to pull him off but he got pushed down by Nikita, who threw three straight kicks into Wahoo's back! Ivan finally released the hold and held up his arms to boos from the crowd![/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The fans continued their booing as the spotlight focused on the podium where Bobby Heenan and Steve Williams have walked out.[/I] [B]Bobby Heenan:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Gordon Solie, you stand there like a good microphone stand and hold my microphone while I talk. You see, there's a lot of things going on within Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. You've got the big ego of Magnum T.A. He decided that since he got attacked just a little by Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton that he would forego his match with Steve Williams last Monday night. What a break for him that was. If he had taken on Dr. Death, we would have seen him living up to his name. Magnum, we're going to give you just a little bit more time to lick your wounds but rest assured that your very own butt whipping at the hands of Steve Williams is coming soon. Gordon, you've done a great job holding my microphone but I'm done here."[/COLOR] =C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]It has been announced that next week right here on the Main Event, Ricky Steamboat will get a shot at Roddy Piper's new bodyguard: Harley Race in single's competition![/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #5[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonnieGarvin.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickRude3.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ronnie Garvin vs. Rick Rude[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The Man With The Hands of Stone made his debut here tonight in Mid-Atlantic taking on Rick Rude. Garvin dominated for most of this encounter, taking the time to get the crowd slightly into the match, delivering a good performance against Rude. Garvin finished the match with a Hands of Stone Punch to Rude's chest and got the pinfall victory. Ronnie Garvin defeated Rick Rude in 6:52 by pinfall with a Hands of Stone Punch.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Rick Rude was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Ronnie Garvin stood out as being good. Rick Rude is improving in Flying skills...=D[/QUOTE] [B]Match #6: United States Heavyweight Title Match[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GregValentine.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MrWrestlingII.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Greg Valentine vs. Mr. Wrestling II[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Before the match got underway, Mr. Wrestling II had these words to say.[/I] [B]Mr. Wrestling II:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Greg Valentine, I've beaten you once before in a non-title match. That's why we're even having this encounter tonight. I am going to prove that I am the better wrestler and that I deserve the United States Heavyweight Title. Tonight is Mr. Wrestling II's night to shine."[/COLOR] =B- [I]A video played showing the history between these two men as they each made their entrances.[/I] =C+ [I]As most people might expect this was a hard-hitting affair with some great technical moments thrown in, much like the Wahoo/Ivan Koloff match earlier in the night. Valentine used some cheap moves to maintain the advantage when he got it, like choking on the ropes and raking the eyes through the mask of Mr. Wrestling II. Late in the bout, Wrestling II started to gain momentum as the announcers said that the tv time limit is nearly up. Wrestling II hit Valentine with a Million Dollar Knee Lift and got the cover, getting a 1..2..bell sounds! Referee Adrien Desbois calls this a time limit draw! Mr. Wrestling II drew with Greg Valentine in 15:00 when the time limit expired.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Greg Valentine makes defence number 7 of his United States Heavyweight title. Referee=Adrien Desbois...The announcing quality lifted the match. The Wrestling II/Valentine storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match...=B- [I]Following the announcement, both men slowly get to their feet and Mr. Wrestling II offers his right hand to Greg Valentine in a show of sportsmanship but Valentine shakes his head and spits at Wrestling II before sliding out of the ring and holding his U.S. Title belt as the show goes off the air![/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: C ATTENDANCE: 5,000 TV RATING: .84[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling WorldWide! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Larry Zbyszko vs. Ricky Steamboat[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Dusty Rhodes vs. Brad Battan[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Dick Slater vs. Magnum T.A.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Dick Murdoch makes his return against Owen Hart[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Armstrongs vs. The Road Warriors[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Midnight Express vs. The Moscas[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Barry Windham vs. Kevin Sullivan[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated! [SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling The Main Event! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Dinner Key Auditorium in Miami, Florida[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Heavyweight Title On The Line![/I][/B] Ric Flair defends against Dusty Rhodes[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ted DiBiase vs. Barry Windham[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Mr. Wrestling II vs. Ron Bass[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Steve Williams vs. Magnum T.A.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Fabulous Ones vs. The Midnight Express[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Nikita Koloff vs. Mike Rotundo[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ricky Steamboat vs. Harley Race[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated[/CENTER]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Monday, Week 4, February 1984[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Macon Coliseum, Macon, Georgia Broadcast via USA Network LIVE on Monday at 11:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MACW WORLDWIDE![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [B]Match #1[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BarryWindham.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/KevinSullivan3.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Barry Windham vs. Kevin Sullivan[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The show opened with Bob Caudle and Gordon Solie hyping the opening bout here on WorldWide between Barry Windham and Kevin Sullivan.[/I] =B+ [I]A pre-taped interview began following that with Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan standing together.[/I] [B]Jake Roberts:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Barry Windham, you think that you're so tough. You think that you young punks can just step into the ring with a former NWA champion but now you know that's not true. Tonight, Kevin Sullivan, the devil himself, is going to take you out. He's going to show you just how tough it is to be inside the ring with the devil and a snake. Tonight it will be Kevin Sullivan giving true meaning to..the end."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]And the cameras returned to the Macon Coliseum to watch the entrances of Roberts and Sullivan to the ring with boos from the crowd. Cheers followed that when Barry Windham came down to the ring. Jake stood in Sullivan's corner as the bell sounded and the match was on. The two men circled each other early in the feeling out process but Jake started yelling at Windham, drawing his attention and he got blindsided by Sullivan! Sullivan worked the first 5 minutes with the advantage, choking the life out of Windham, using punches and kicks and body slams on his larger foe. Sullivan went for a DDT but Windham held on to the ropes and Sullivan hit the back of his head on the mat. The crowd started chanting for Windham to come back! Barry took Sullivan down with a clothesline and then set him up for a long standing vertical suplex that sent Sullivan crashing down to the mat hard. Jake Roberts got up on the apron at that point with the referee Adrien Desbois telling him to get down! Barry Windham saw this and walked over, exchanging insults with Roberts as Sullivan slowly got to his feet behind them. Sullivan charged and Windham moved at the last second, pulling the referee out of the way as well and Sullivan hit Roberts, knocking him off the apron! Windham let go of the official and as Sullivan was distracted by what he had done, Windham bounced off the ropes and hit a running bulldog on Sullivan, making the cover and getting the victory! Barry Windham defeated Kevin Sullivan in 7:42 by pinfall with a Running Bulldog.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Adrien Desbois...The announcing quality lifted the match...=C[/QUOTE] [B]Match #2[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DennisCondrey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RandyRose.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/AngeloMosca2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/AngeloMoscaJr.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Midnight Express vs. The Moscas[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The match was joined in progress following a commercial break and as most people would expect, the Midnight Express dominated. Quick tags and a proud Jim Cornette outside had them focusing their attack on Mosca, Jr. Condrey hit a Double Underhook Piledriver to secure the pinfall on the younger of the two. The Midnight Express defeated The Moscas in 5:18 when Dennis Condrey defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. by pinfall with a Double Underhook Piledriver.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Randy Rose came out of the match looking good. Dennis Condrey looked good out there. Angelo Mosca is improving in Performance skills...=C- [I]Following the match, Jim Cornette came in and motioned the Express to attack King Kong Mosca! And they did, double-teaming the tough wrestler and bringing him down to his knees in a show of humiliation.[/I] =C [I]Just as they were about to hit him with the tennis racket, out came the Brisco Brothers! Jack and Jerry slid into the ring and the Midnight Express chose the high road with Jim Cornette joining them outside the ring while the Briscos looked on.[/I] =C+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #3[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RoadWarriorAnimal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RoadWarriorHawk2.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Armstrongs vs. The Road Warriors[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The Road Warriors were of course accompanied to the ring by their manager Precious Paul Ellering. This match saw the Armstrongs do their best with some mat technique and then the speed of Brad Armstrong. But the Road Warriors were too much for them with Bob Armstrong taking a military press at the hands of Road Warrior Animal. Brad was tagged in and didn't fare any better as Paul Ellering called for the Doomsday Device. Animal made the tag to Hawk and lifted Brad up on his shoulders, swinging around to face the corner and Hawk leaped with that top rope clothesline that sent Brad Armstrong flipping in the air before crashing to the mat. Hawk made the cover and the Road Warriors got the victory. The Road Warriors defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 1:55 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a Doomsday Device.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...Paul Ellering did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Bob Armstrong came out of the match looking good. The Road Warriors Mega Push! storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match. Road Warrior Hawk is improving in Technical skills. Brad Armstrong is improving in Performance skills...=C [I]Bob Armstrong comes in to check on his son and Paul Ellering points toward him. Bob stands up to his feet protectively over Brad and gets clotheslined to the mat by Road Warrior Animal! Animal lifts Bob Armstrong up and tosses him into the ropes, nailing him with a powerslam! Then the Road Warriors turn their eyes toward the fallen Brad Armstrong.[/I] =B- [I]And out comes the Rock and Roll Express!!! The Express have chairs in their hands and slide into the ring quickly while the Road Warriors hold their ground. It's a mexican stand-off here on either side of the ring but Paul Ellering manages to convince the Road Warriors to walk away and the Express check on the Armstrongs.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #4[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickMurdoch.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/OwenHart.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Dick Murdoch vs. Owen Hart[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]It's the return of the wiley veteran Texas Outlaw Dick Murdoch as he takes on the youngster Owen Hart. Owen tried to catch Murdoch off-guard with his speed in the early-goings of the match but the veteran wasn't fooled and was just too much for Owen. Murdoch ended the match with a Texas Brainbuster and a pinfall. But the question becomes: why is Dick Murdoch back within the NWA? Dick Murdoch defeated Owen Hart in 5:43 by pinfall with a Texas Brainbuster.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Dick Murdoch looked good out there...=D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The crowd rose in boos as the Masked Superstar walked out to the ring and slid inside. He looked around, absorbing in the crowd noise before taking a microphone.[/I] [B]The Masked Superstar:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Everyone here in Georgia saw what happened when someone decided to take me up on my challenge. He got beat. The Son of King Kong just wasn't man enough to break my Superstar Clutch. So I'll tell you what, this Saturday night I will be there in the ring in Miami Florida. Angelo King Kong Mosca, if you think you have what it takes to break the Superstar Clutch then step on in the ring and we'll see if you can do it. Though no one beats a Superstar, NO ONE!"[/COLOR] =C+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #5[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Dick Slater vs. Magnum T.A.[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Magnum is gearing up for a huge match this Saturday night against Steve Williams but faces a tough test here as he takes on Dirty Dick Slater. The Texas veteran takes the advantage here and there but this is mostly a showcase for Magnum T.A. Near the 8 minute mark, Magnum hits his patented belly-to-belly suplex and makes the cover but referee Stu Schwartz only gets a two count as Magnum is assaulted by Ric Flair, causing the DQ! Many wrestlers and officials come from the back quickly to break things up. Magnum T.A. defeated Dick Slater in 7:42 when Dick Slater was disqualified when Ric Flair ran in and attacked Magnum T.A..[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C [I]Following a commercial break, Tony Schiavone is in the ring with Magnum T.A.[/I] [B]Tony Schiavone:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Magnum, a good win here tonight though it doesn't help that you got attacked by Ric Flair during the match. However, your sights have to be set on this Saturday night and Steve Williams."[/COLOR] [B]Magnum T.A.:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"You know, Tony, Ric Flair is only attacking me because he's afraid of me. He knows I have the talent and the skill to take that NWA World Title off his waist so he sends guy after guy after me. The latest being Dr. Death Steve Williams. Steve, this Saturday night my focus is going to be just on you. You think I'm afraid of you? You've been listening too much to your manager Bobby the Weasal I'm afraid. I'm Magnum T.A. jack and I'm not afraid of anybody. I'll see you on Saturday night and Ric Flair I'll be seeing you soon."[/COLOR] [I]Magnum made the belt motion around his waist to cheers from the crowd.[/I] =C[/QUOTE] [B]Match #6[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BradBattan.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Dusty Rhodes vs. Brad Battan[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Did anyone expect Brad Battan to put up a fight against the American Dream? Probably not. The commentators spent some of this match talking about Magnum T.A. and about the card on Saturday night for the Main Event. Inside the ring, Dusty dominated and got the pinfall following the Bionic Elbow. Dusty Rhodes defeated Brad Battan in 1:56 by pinfall.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Dusty Rhodes looked good out there...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]A video package aired, showing the history between Mr. Wrestling II and Greg Valentine, including what happened in their last match and afterward where Valentine spit at Mr. Wrestling II[/I] =B [I]A pre-recorded promo began with Mr. Wrestling II standing against a generic background.[/I] [B]Mr. Wrestling II:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I earned the name Mr. Wrestling II from the original Mr. Wrestling. I have shown time and time again that I am the best wrestler in Mid-Atlantic yet Greg Valentine still finds a way to escape with his U.S. title intact. I want to thank the Mid-Atlantic fans for sticking with me and I promise that one day soon I will wrestle that title away from the Hammer and hold it up high for each and every one of you!"[/COLOR] =C+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #7[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/LarryZybszko2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Larry Zbyszko vs. Ricky Steamboat[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]What a main event for the fans here in Macon as two of the top technical wrestlers go one on one. The first 5-6 minutes was spent as a feeling out process for both wrestlers with holds and counterholds being exhibited and the crowd being wowed by the technical foray of both men. Then Zbyszko used a thumb to the eye to take the advantage and he focused in on and the arm and shoulder of Steamboat, locking in various armbars and even using an abdominal stretch where he held on to the ropes at different times when the referee wasn't looking. When he got caught, he argued with the referee and used all 4 of the 5 count to break the hold. Zbyszko maintained the advantage for about 10 minutes with little spurts of offense here and there from Steamboat quelled by cheating by Zbyszko. Zbyszko and Steamboat hit a double clothesline at around the 15 minute mark and both men were lying on the mat as referee Randy Anderson began his ten count. Steamboat was up at 8 and so was Zbyszko. Steamboat ducked a clothesline attempt and took Zbyszko down with a thrust kick! Steamboat tried to lock in a chicken wing submission but his shoulder wouldn't hold and both men dropped to the mat! Steamboat held on to his shoulder as Roddy Piper and Harley Race came walking down to ringside! Steamboat slowly got to his feet and chopped Zbyszko with his good hand, sending him into the corner. Steamboat climbed up and began punching away at the forehead of the Living Legend when Roddy Piper got up on the apron to distract the official! Steamboat dropped back down and Zbyszko fell to the mat! Steamboat signalled toward the turnbuckles and went outside beginning to climb up! Harley Race jumped up on the apron and crotched Steamboat on the turnbuckles!! Steamboat fell to the mat and Piper pushed the referee out of the way and climbed inside the ring dropping a kneedrop on Steamboat! Race and Piper set up the Dragon and Race nailed a Spike Piledriver as the referee called for the bell! The show came to a close with Race and Piper smiling and standing over top of a fallen Ricky Steamboat. Ricky Steamboat defeated Larry Zbyszko in 18:27 when Larry Zbyszko was disqualified when Roddy Piper ran in and attacked Ricky Steamboat.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] During the match we also had Harley Race run in and attack Steamboat. Referee=Randy Anderson...Ricky Steamboat and Larry Zbyszko don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match...=B-[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: C+ ATTENDANCE: 5,000 TV RATING: 1.61[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 4, February 1984[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Dinner Key Auditorium, Miami, Florida. Broadcast via ESPN on Saturday at 11:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]THE MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [B]Match #1[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HarleyRace2.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ricky Steamboat vs. Harley Race[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The show opens with Tony Schiavone and Ricky Steamboat down by the podium.[/I] [B]Tony Schiavone:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Hello wrestling fans and welcome to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling's The Main Event! I'm Tony Schiavone here with the man who will be wrestling in our opening contest: Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. Ricky, you get to take on the bodyguard of the man who attacked you a week ago on Worldwide. Harley Race is an in-ring veteran though who we know will pull out every trick in the book. How are you going to combat that?"[/COLOR] [B]Ricky Steamboat:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"You know, Tony, I have taken on some of the best in the business before. I've faced the Ric Flair's, the Briscos, the Funks and more. And each and every time I've come out on top. Harley Race, you're a great wrestler, a great athlete but your time has come because you've stepped in between me and Roddy Piper. Piper, you better believe that I'm coming for you. Harley, you better be very careful."[/COLOR] =B [I]Ricky Steamboat headed to the ring and then out came Roddy Piper and Harley Race! They slid into the ring and Piper took a microphone.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR=WHITE]"Whoa, whoa, whoa there big man. Heh. If you want to mess with me, you have to get through my bodyguard. You have to get through the King here Harley Race. Heh. Don't think it's going to be so easy either. This man is a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion. He's a top athlete here in Mid-Atlantic. Good luck. You're going to need it."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]Roddy Piper was immediately sent to the back by referee Adrien Desbois since he doesn't have a manager's license! Piper was incensed at that and argued with Desbois but security came down and pulled Piper away and the match was started one on one. Harley Race began with some power holds on Steamboat but he focused on that hurt shoulder of the Dragon. Steamboat shouted out in pain as Race used armbars and even a shoulder breaker to focus on that hurt arm. Race locked in an abdominal stretch and used the ropes several times with the referee's back turned. But with the crowd getting into it, Steamboat reversed the hold into a hip toss! The crowd cheered as Steamboat got to his feet and chopped away at Harley Race! Steamboat used rights and lefts though was holding his right arm almost limply most of the time but he fell Race with a hard chop! Steamboat moved around and climbed the turnbuckles with one arm, staring down at Race as the King got to his feet. Steamboat leaped and connected with his patented flying body press on Race! He made the cover and got the 3 count! Ricky Steamboat defeated Harley Race in 9:31 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Adrien Desbois...This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the win, Steamboat rolled outside, holding that injured arm but he grabbed a chair and slid into the ring. Harley Race slowly got to his feet, turned and... *BAM!* Race was laid out with the chair! Steamboat slid Race's arm into the folding chair and then moved to the top turnbuckle. What is he planning??? OH... MY... GOD!!!! Steamboat came flying off the top turnbuckle with a stomp on the arm of Harley Race! Race is twitching as Steamboat pillmanized his arm! Security officials come running down and slide into the ring, pulling Steamboat away as EMT's come out to attend to Harley Race.[/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #2[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/NikitaKoloff.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MikeRotundo.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Nikita Koloff vs. Mike Rotundo[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]After the ring was cleared, our next match took place as Mike Rotundo came out looking to seek revenge for Wahoo McDaniel as he took on Nikita Koloff. Rotundo though seemed no match for the strong Russian as Koloff dominated most of the bout. Koloff pinned the former U.S. Champ following a Russian Sickle. Nikita Koloff defeated Mike Rotundo in 3:45 by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Wahoo McDaniel did some good work at ringside. Mike Rotundo could use something to freshen his character up. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down...=D-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The crowd rose in boos as Ric Flair walked out, heading over to the podium with that NWA World Heavyweight Title around his waist.[/I] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I heard that there's going to be a party here tonight in Miami. Whoooo. But none of you are invited. You have to be on the A-list to get into any party that Ric Flair attends. And someone who is definitely not on the A-list is Dusty Rhodes. Dream, I figured you had had enough when Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton beat you up a couple of weeks ago. But tonight you think you're good enough to challenge me for this belt. Well, you better listen and listen good, jack. Ric Flair is NOT losing this NWA World belt. It is going to stay around my waist for a very long time. You can read what you want to read, believe what you want to believe but the fact of the matter, Dusty Rhodes, is that to be the man you have to beat the man. Whoooo. And this NWA belt around my waist proves that I am the man. Learn to love, learn to live with it because diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair. Whooooo!"[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #3[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/StanLane4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveKeirn5.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RandyRose.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DennisCondrey.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]The Fabulous Ones vs. The Midnight Express[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A very short tag team bout here. The Midnight Express were, of course, accompanied by Jim Cornette. The match went back and forth for it's duration and the end came when the referee was distracted and Jim Cornette hit Stan Lane with his tennis racket, allowing Dennis Condrey to secure the pinfall. The Midnight Express defeated The Fabulous Ones in 2:56 when Dennis Condrey defeated Stan Lane by pinfall when Jim Cornette interfered.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Adrien Desbois...The announcing quality lifted the match...=C+ [I]Following the match, the announcers discussed the upcoming bout between the Midnight Express and the Brisco Brothers coming soon to an arena near you.[/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]The crowd rose in boos as the Masked Superstar walked out to the ring. He had a microphone in hand.[/I] [B]The Masked Superstar:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I made the challenge last Monday night. Now, let's see if King Kong has the guts to accept it. Angelo Mosca, come on down!"[/COLOR] [I]After several minutes of waiting, Angelo King Kong Mosca walked out toward the ring to cheers from the fans. He slipped inside, eyeing up the Masked Superstar before signifying he was ready. The Masked Superstar locked in the Superstar Clutch and King Kong fought. He struggled within the hold, trying to break it with his strength but it was to no avail. Eventually he succumed to a submission just like his son had and the Masked Superstar dropped him to the mat, raising his arms in victory.[/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [B]Match #4[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveWilliams.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Steve Williams vs. Magnum T.A.[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Dr. Death was, of course, accompanied to the ring by his manager Bobby The Brain Heenan. This was a lot better of a technical match than the fans expected. Steve Williams is a former amateur wrestling champion so he helped to carry that technical side though he also used power as he is the bigger of the two men. But Magnum used his own momentum and the crowd on his side to take the advantage. The action spilled outside the ring and referee Tommy Young counted as both men fought on the outside. Bobby Heenan yelled for Williams to get back in the ring but it was too late. Magnum T.A. drew with Steve Williams in 9:56 following a double count out.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. Steve Williams and Bobby Heenan are a good pairing, they play off each other well. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Magnum T.A. is improving in Technical skills...=C- [I]Following the bell sounding, Magnum and Williams continued to brawl! Bobby Heenan jumped on Magnum's back and Magnum swung him around and around before tossing him over his shoulder. But the distraction allowed Williams to take Magnum down with a double leg. Countless officials and wrestlers came out to seperate the two.[/I] =C[/QUOTE] [B]Match #5[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MrWrestlingII.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonBass.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Mr. Wrestling II vs. Ron Bass[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The Florida crowd was hot and ready for this encounter between two of southeast's finest. Mr. Wrestling II was mostly dominant within this bout as most Mid-Atlantic fans would expect but the Cowboy got in a few fair amount of shots as well. In the end though it was the Million Dollar Knee Lift that got the pinfall victory for Mr. Wrestling II. Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ron Bass in 6:05 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Mr. Wrestling II and Ron Bass have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the match, Greg Valentine came out from the back and attacked Mr. Wrestling II! He gave him a belt shot to the knee and then locked in a Figure 4 Leglock for several minutes before officials came out to break the hold.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]A pre-recorded promo began to play with Paul Ellering standing in front of the Road Warriors.[/I] [B]Paul Ellering:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Rock and Roll Express, you better listen up and listen good. You made the mistake of interfering in Legion of Doom business. And I am the only reason that Hawk and Animal here didn't tear you apart whether you had those chairs or not. But next time we see you, you might not be so lucky. As a matter of fact, you won't be. Hawk and Animal have you in their sights now and it's only a matter of time before the Road Warriors put you in the hospital."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [B]Match #6[/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/TedDiBiase.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BarryWindham.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ted DiBiase vs. Barry Windham[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A very short encounter here, mainly used to show off Barry Windham. Windham mostly dominated the Million Dollar Man and picked up the quick victory with a Running Bulldog. Barry Windham defeated Ted DiBiase in 1:49 by pinfall with a Running Bulldog.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...This match lifted the crowd...=B [I]Following the match, Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan both walked out to the podium and looked at Gordon Solie before Jake took the microphone.[/I] [B]Jake Roberts:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Just remember, Barry Windham, that your win over Kevin Sullivan was a lucky one. Kevin slipped on a banana peel that one of these fans tossed into the ring and you got lucky. It won't happen next time..."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]Jake might have said more but a plastic chair was tossed toward him and Sullivan. They both dodged it but Barry Windham came onto the screen, attacking Roberts and Sullivan! Windham held his own, grabbing another chair and sending Roberts and Sullivan running![/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Mr. Wrestling II comes limping out from the back, eyeing up the chasing Barry Windham and the chasees Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan before approaching the podium.[/I] [B]Gordon Solie:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Obviously you have something to say, Mr. Wrestling."[/COLOR] [B]Mr. Wrestling II:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Yes, I do, Gordon. Greg Valentine, you may have attacked me and hurt my leg but I am not out of the game. I am just fine. And soon, very soon I'm going to be wearing that United States title belt around my waist and representing the great people of America. Valentine be ready because I'm coming for you."[/COLOR] =B[/QUOTE] [B]Match #7: NWA World Heavyweight Title Match![/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]Going from talk of the U.S. Title to the number one belt in all the nation: the NWA World Heavyweight Title. The challenger Dusty Rhodes entered the ring first and he was followed by the champion: the Nature Boy Ric Flair! The first few minutes of the match had each wrestler in a feeling-out process. Though both men know each other very well. It was a hold/counterhold session until Flair went to the eyes and then to the knees of the American Dream. Ric Flair spent the next five minutes working over the knee of the Dream and attacking it when Dusty tried to get any semblance of an advantage. This changed when Flair tried to whip Dusty Rhodes across the ring in an irish whip. Dusty held on to the turnbuckles and then turned things around on Flair, whipping him hard across the ring. Flair flipped over the turnbuckles and landed on his feet. He ran across the ring and climbed the turnbuckles! Dusty was there to meet him, though, and slammed him off the top turnbuckle! But the Dream's knee buckled and he fell to the mat as well. Both men lay upon the mat and referee Tommy Young began his count. At about 8 both men were on their feet and exchanging punches and chops and Dusty got the advantage, doing a little showboating for the crowd before hitting Flair with that Bionic Elbow! Out came Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton but Dusty was ready for them! He looked out at them and told them to bring it on and this stopped them in their tracks. But it was a distraction Dusty Rhodes could not afford to make. Ric Flair slipped in behind Dusty and nailed him with a chop block to the knee that sent Dusty falling to the mat! Flair quickly wrapped Dusty in the Figure 4 Leglock and Dusty cried out in pain! Flair reached backward and held on to Arn Anderson's hands for extra leverage. The plan worked as Dusty had no choice but to submit before his leg was broken! The show ended with Ric Flair being handed the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Ric Flair defeated Dusty Rhodes in 13:56 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Ric Flair makes defence number 2 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Referee=Tommy Young...This match lifted the crowd...=A[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: B ATTENDANCE: 4,974 TV RATING: 1.01[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling WorldWide! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Texas Hall in Arlington, Texas[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton vs. Dusty Rhodes, Magnum T.A. and Wahoo McDaniel[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]One Man Gang vs. Mike Rotundo[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Fabulous Ones[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Steve Williams vs. Angelo Mosca[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Midnight Express vs. The Brisco Brothers[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Barry Windham and Mr. Wrestling II vs. Jake Roberts and Greg Valentine[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated! [SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling The Main Event! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Dallas Sportatorium in Dallas, Texas[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Tag Team Titles On The Line![/I][/B] Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton defend against Wahoo McDaniel and Magnum T.A.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ted DiBiase vs. Ronnie Garvin[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ivan Koloff vs. Davey Boy Smith[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Dusty Rhodes and Barry Windham vs. Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Dick Slater and Dick Murdoch vs. The Rock and Roll Express[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Predictions/Comments/ETC. always appreciated[/CENTER]

[B]Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton [/B]vs. Dusty Rhodes, Magnum T.A. and Wahoo McDaniel [B]I hate Dusty that much.[/B] One Man Gang vs. [B]Mike Rotundo [/B] [B]The Rock and Roll Express [/B]vs. The Fabulous Ones [B]Steve Williams [/B]vs. Angelo Mosca [B]What a rough match![/B] [B]The Midnight Express [/B]vs. The Brisco Brothers Barry Windham and Mr. Wrestling II vs. [B]Jake Roberts and Greg Valentine [/B][B]Toss up! [/B]

NWA World Tag Team Titles On The Line! [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton [/B]defend against Wahoo McDaniel and Magnum T.A. [B]Ted DiBiase [/B]vs. Ronnie Garvin [B]Ivan Koloff [/B]vs. Davey Boy Smith [B]Dusty Rhodes and Barry Windham [/B]vs. Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan [B]Ricky Steamboat [/B]vs. Rick Rude [B]Dick Slater and Dick Murdoch [/B]vs. The Rock and Roll Express

Archived