NWA Faces Off With WWF

[B][SIZE=2]Thursday Week 2 Spetember 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]What a load of crap show last night. The fans weren't buying into anything we were trying to do last night and it showed. I am really going to have to do a roster evaluation today and see just who can hack it and who can't. I also have my assistant Eric Baker working on signing up some wrestlers to do what the guys I have right now obviously can't.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The feedback from the show was: 'The feedback from viewers has been decent, although hardly spectacular.' What I wouldn't give for our usual feedback.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]WWF held their house show today with a main event of Sgt. Slaughter successfully defending the WWF Heavyweight Title against Hulk Hogan.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]GCW also held their house show with a main event of Larry Zbyszko beating The Spoiler to retain the National Heavyweight Title. In other action, Stan Hansen and Ole Anderson defeated Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Friday Week 2 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]In starting my roster evaluation, I have released several workers today, including Private Jim Nelson, Vinnie Valentino, Tommy Lane, Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]AWA held their All-Star Wrestling show with a main event of Ricky Steamboat successfully defending the AWA Heavyweight Title against Adrian Adonis. In other action, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Buzz Sawyer.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Saturday Week 2 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]We have learned that Ricky Steamboat has received an offer from New Japan Pro Wrestling to work some dates in Japan. So long as Steamboat isn't stretching himself too thin with working with us, AWA and New Japan we don't see any problems with this since they are affiliated with us.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Mike Davis has entered the final month of his contract and papers are being drawn up to get him re-signed.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We received our lowest rating to date on our television show. A well-deserved .67 with shares of .63 in the first hour and .70 in the second.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]We would also like to congratulate Dory Funk Jr. on winning the AJPW TV Title over Akio Sato.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Monday Week 3 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]We are pleased to announce the signings of the following wrestlers: Steve Lombardi, Pez Whatley, Ron Bass and Bobby Colt. Most of these will be working as enhancement talent for our show to showcase the talent of the other superstars.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]On the flip side, there were several rejections that came in today. Ole Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Brad Rheingans all wished to focus on their respective promotions. Don Muraco, Jimmy Snuka and Tito Santana all rejected due to the NWA's war with the WWF. Mark Lewin doesn't feel we are big enough for him. Obviously, he's trying to sign with the WWF. And Gilles Poisson feels he can make more money elsewhere. What an idiot.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Tuesday Week 3 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]We are proud to announce several signings for Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. All 4 are major names within the industry, including men like Magnum T.A. and Les Thornton. The other two will be kept as a surprise until further notice.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Wednesday Week 3 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Ricky Steamboat decided not to join NJPW, in favor of focusing on his AWA Heavyweight Title run.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Mike Davis was re-signed to a contract earlier this morning.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Show Preview Will Be Up Sometime Soon.[/QUOTE]

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Macon City Auditorium in Macon, Georgia[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Dusty Rhodes vs. Arn Anderson[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jerry Brisco vs. Steve Williams[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jake Roberts vs. Bobby Colt[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Tribal Nation vs. The Long Riders(Black Bart and Ron Bass)[/QUOTE] [CENTER]All this plus an appearance by the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair and more! Predictions and Comments always appreciated![/CENTER]

[B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] vs. Arn Anderson [I]It may be Double A, but its also Big Dust[/I] Jerry Brisco vs. [B]Steve Williams[/B] [I]Dr Death stays strong[/I] [B]Jake Roberts[/B] vs. Bobby Colt [I]Snake aint losing[/I] [B]Tribal Nation[/B] vs. The Long Riders(Black Bart and Ron Bass) [I]Cowboys and Indians, nice :)[/I]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 3, September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Macon City Auditorium, Macon Georgia. Broadcast via TV Local - Mid Atlantic on Saturday at 8:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The show opens up with the arrival of the NWA World Heavyweight Champion the Nature Boy Ric Flair and the Enforcer Arn Anderson walking down to the ring amidst a chorus of boos. They slip inside and Ric gives a strut across the ring, releasing a 'Whooo' to some more boos from the crowd before he takes a microphone.[/I] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Double A, we are in Macon Georgia and we are live! Tonight, tonight, tonight you will be getting the opportunity to get the job done against the number one contender Dusty Rhodes. Dusty, when you walk that aisle tonight against my Enforcer here, my pal, my friend Arn Anderson you better remember one thing: your title shot is riding on the line, pal. Whooo. Tonight I spoke with Jim Crockett, Jr. and informed him that as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion I will only compete with the best. And to be the man, whooo you have to beat the man. So tonight if you don't beat the man here beside me then you don't get a title shot at the Anniversary Show."[/COLOR] [B]Arn Anderson:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Dusty Rhodes, it's quite simple even for someone like you to understand. Tonight, you are going to try to do the impossible. Tonight, you are going to try to go through the Enforcer to get to Ric Flair. You better make seperate plans for the night of the Anniversary Show because you won't be getting your title shot. You may even still be in the hospital."[/COLOR] =B+ [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=WHITE]"Hold on there just a minute partner."[/COLOR] [I]Dusty Rhodes steps out from the back to a sizeable crowd ovation here in Georgia.[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=WHITE]"Now Arn Anderson I know you're a tough guy. You wouldn't be an Anderson without being a rough and tumble kind of fellow. But tonight you're stepping in the ring with the American Dream. Tonight..."[/COLOR] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Why don't you come down here and show us how tough you are, Dusty?"[/COLOR] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=WHITE]"I'm tough but I'm not stupid enough to put myself in a position of a two on one encounter if you will. But later on tonight when I meet Arn Anderson one on one in the middle of the ring you better be watching in the back Ric Flair. Because right here in Macon Georgia we gonna get funky like a monkey! We gonna make your insides quake and your liver quiver, daddy. And then at the Anniversary Show you're gonna hand over that NWA World Title to a better man."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JayYoungblood.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MarkYoungblood.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BlackBart.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonBass.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The in-ring debut here of the Long Riders didn't go so well as they took on the number one contending team of Tribal Nation. Ron Bass had some pretty good moves in there when he was in but the newly named Black Bart didn't fair too well against Jay and Mark Youngblood. Jay ended the match with a pin on Black Bart following a Flying Tomahawk Chop. Tribal Nation defeated The Long Riders in 6:17 when Jay Youngblood defeated Black Bart by pinfall with a Flying Tomahawk Chop.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Mark Youngblood was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Ron Bass stood out as being good. The Funks/Youngbloods storyline has continued with this match...=D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobCaudle.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DavidCrockett.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"What a win by Tribal Nation here tonight over the Long Riders as they prepare for an NWA World Tag Team Title shot against The Funks at the NWA Anniversary Show. Speaking of that show, David, we have learned that Jim Crockett has made his decision and we will indeed be seeing Jimmy The Boogie Woogie Man Valiant against the Great Kabuki at that show."[/COLOR] [B]David Crockett:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"I think that's a smart move by my brother. Kabuki has only won by using that mist against Valiant and the Boogie Woogie Man deserves another shot at the gold."[/COLOR] =C- [I]The commentators are interrupted by the presence of Gary Hart and The Great Kabuki as they walk to the announce booth and pick up a microphone.[/I] [B]Gary Hart:[/B] [COLOR=WHITE]"Do you know how stupid you sound, David Crockett? My Kabuki could beat Jimmy Valiant with his eyes closed. I don't know what you have been watching but he beat Valiant fair and square both times and how does he get rewarded for that? Valiant sneak attacks him and then gets another match. Jimmy Valiant, we want to put you away for good. Since we are being forced to face you one more time how about we make it a Loser Leaves MACW match?"[/COLOR] =C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG] w/ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/FallenAngel.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GenUSATechnician.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]This will be the first and last match that sees Eve within the corner of Jake Roberts since they seem to have no chemistry whatsoever. The Snake, however, was dominant in his debut match here at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling over Bobby Colt. Not a huge surprise for fans of the Snake. He finished off Colt with the DDT. Jake Roberts defeated Bobby Colt in 5:37 by pinfall with The DDT.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Jake Roberts and Eve have absolutely zero chemistry together. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jake Roberts looked good out there...=C+ [I]Following the match, Eve brought Jake's snake bag into the ring and handed it to him. He reached in and pulled out a large python, scaring Eve backward some before he placed the snake onto Colt's lifeless body, tossing his head back and laughing.[/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JimmyValiant.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]As the officials cleared the ring, Jimmy Valiant stepped out to the interview area with a microphone in hand.[/I] [B]Jimmy Valiant:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Gary Hart, The Boogie heard your challenge earlier tonight about Loser Leaves MACW and if you want to lose the Great Kabuki here in Mid-Atlantic that's alright with the Boogie! I accept your challenge and at the NWA Anniversary Show, Kabuki will be gone from the NWA, daddy!"[/COLOR] =C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JerryBrisco.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveWilliams.jpg[/IMG] w/ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyHeenan.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Brisco was definitely the veteran of the two in this matchup and he maintained an advantage over Williams though both have a great amateur background and they showed it off in this matchup. The difference maker proved to be the Brain Bobby Heenan as he distracted Jerry Brisco at numerous times during the matchup to give Dr. Death an advantage. Williams managed to get Brisco in the Oklahoma Stampede after Heenan interfered to pick up the pinfall victory. Steve Williams defeated Jerry Brisco in 8:37 by pinfall when Bobby Heenan interfered.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. Steve Williams and Bobby Heenan are a good pairing, they play off each other well. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Williams/Brisco storyline has continued with this match...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B][I]He is a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion... They call him the King... And he will be coming back to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Harley Race will be in the building next week! Right here on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling![/I][/B][/CENTER] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/IvanKoloff.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Ivan Koloff walked out, rubbing his chin and looked around to the crowd.[/I] [B]Ivan Koloff:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Harley Race, coming back to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling? HA! Foolish American! He think he can come back and take a spot from Russian Bear? There is no way he can do that. No American should take the spot of Russian Bear. Harley Race, I issue challenge for you to meet me in a match at NWA Anniversary Show. This way I prove once again Russian superiority! All Hail Mother Russia!"[/COLOR] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]And it's time for the main event as Dusty Rhodes takes on the Enforcer Arn Anderson. Remember if Dusty doesn't win this match, he doesn't get his shot at the NWA Anniversary Show. This was a very good match pitting two brawlers in the ring. During the match, Ric Flair came out to scout Dusty and this didn't seem to distract Dusty so much as light a fire under him! Once Dusty gained the advantage then he dominated the rest of the match, pointing to Flair before rocking Arn with the Bionic Elbow! He picked up the pinfall and then looked out toward Flair in a staredown as the show went off the air. Dusty Rhodes defeated Arn Anderson in 9:55 by pinfall.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Adrien Desbois...The Dusty For The Gold Part 3 storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match...=B-[/QUOTE] OVERALL RATING: B- ATTENDANCE: 2,000[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=2]Thursday Week 3 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Definitely coming off a hot show in Macon, Georgia. The debut of Jake Roberts should be good for the company along with the return of a certain King and his subsequent feud with a Russian.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The feedback was standard fare: 'The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]AWA held their usual house show with a great main event of Ricky Steamboat retaining the AWA Heavyweight Title against Buzz Sawyer. In other action, Nick Bockwinkel and Wahoo McDaniel beat Adrian Adonis and Larry Zbyszko.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Congratulations goes out to Ricky Morton for capturing the Southwest Junior Heavyweight Title from Hector Guerrero.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Friday Week 3 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Magic Dragon was extended an offer by New Japan Pro Wrestling. As long as he stays true to his commitments here, we do not mind him persuing this venture in Japan.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Arn Anderson extended his contract within SECW. We'd prefer to have him exclusive here but we'll take what we can get.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]MACW In Your Town returns! Live from the Civic Center in Roanoke, Virginia. [I]Ric Flair comes out to the podium for an interview with Bob Caudle. He states that it is now his mission to make Dusty Rhodes's life a living hell. "Dusty Rhodes? You're gonna get hurt, son!!"...Bob Caudle looked dreadful in this segment. The Dusty For The Gold Part 3 storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd...=A Ivan Koloff defeated Austin Idol in 11:57 by submission with a Bear Hug. Referee=Randy Anderson...Austin Idol was visibly tiring toward the end...=C Dusty Rhodes, Joe Frazier and Austin Idol are together, and make the announcement that they are going to be allies from now on, watching each others back...The Dusty For The Gold Part 3 storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment. Joe Frazier is improving at acting...=B- A video plays hyping Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton vs. Bob & Brad Armstrong...The AndersonEaton/Armstrongs storyline has continued with this segment...=D+ Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton defeated The Fantastics in 8:54 when Bobby Eaton defeated Bobby Fulton by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. Referee=Adrien Desbois...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Arn Anderson looked good out there...=D Mr. Wrestling II defeated Pez Whatley in 7:30 by submission with a Sleeperhold. Referee=Stu Schwartz...Mr. Wrestling II seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D+ A video plays hyping Jimmy Valiant vs. The Great Kabuki...=C- Les Thornton defeated Jimmy Valiant in 9:53 by pinfall following interference from The Great Kabuki. Referee=Randy Anderson...Jimmy Valiant could use something to freshen his character up. The injury that Les Thornton worked through took a big toll. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jimmy Valiant is improving in Technical skills...=C- A music video is shown to promote the power and fury that is Harley Race...=B Bob & Brad Armstrong defeated Bob Orton Jr. and Dick Slater in 7:44 when Bob Armstrong defeated Dick Slater by pinfall with a Bulldog. Referee=Stu Schwartz...Brad Armstrong was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Bob Orton Jr. stood out as being good. The AndersonEaton/Armstrongs storyline has continued with this match...=C- A music video is shown to promote the training habits of Magnum T.A.; roadwork, mat work, cardiovascular and weight training all make up the intensive program...=C The Funks defeated The Rock and Roll Express in 5:52 when Terry Funk defeated Robert Gibson by pinfall following interference from Jos Leduc. During the match we also had Nord The Barbarian run in and attack Ricky Morton. The Funks make defence number 6 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Funks/Youngbloods storyline has continued with this match. The Heenan Family/R&RE storyline has continued with this match. Robert Gibson is improving in Performance skills...=C- A video plays hyping Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes...=B+ Ric Flair defeated Ricky Steamboat in 19:53 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Ric Flair makes defence number 13 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing job done by David Crockett was pretty weak. This match lifted the crowd...=B The cameras return to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair by speaking about recent events between the two. "This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!"...The Dusty For The Gold Part 3 storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment...=B+[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Wahoo McDaniel has suffered a Grade III Ankle Sprain but wants to work through it.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Saturday Week 3 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]We received a .82 rating on MACW with shares of .78 and .86.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Dick Slater was fined for showing up late to the last MACW In Your Town. He has a history of showing up late for cards. This is not good for his career here.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Bob Armstrong extended his deal with SECW.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Sunday Week 3 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]WWF held their Championship Wrestling show today with a main event of Sgt. Slaughter successfully defending the WWF Heavyweight Title against Roddy Piper.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Wednesday Week 4 September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Magic Dragon completed that deal to sign with New Japan.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Congratulations to Steve Keirn for winning the AWA International Title in CWA.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Show Preview should be up sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! [b]LIVE![/b] From The Ramsey Center in Cullowhee, North Carolina[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]United States Heavyweight Title Match[/I][/B] Greg Valentine defends against Ricky Steamboat[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jos Leduc and Nord the Barbarian vs. The Fabulous Ones[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Les Thornton vs. Mike Rotundo[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jake Roberts vs. Jerry Brisco[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. The Rock and Roll Express[/QUOTE] [CENTER]Plus a response to Ivan Koloff's challenge from Harley Race. Plus Jimmy Valiant, The Great Kabuki and more right here on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! Predictions And Comments Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

[B]United States Heavyweight Title Match Greg Valentine[/B] defends against Ricky Steamboat [B]Jos Leduc and Nord the Barbarian[/B] vs. The Fabulous Ones Les Thornton vs. [B]Mike Rotundo[/B] [B]Jake Roberts[/B] vs. Jerry Brisco Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. [B]The Rock and Roll Express [/B]

United States Heavyweight Title Match [B]Greg Valentine[/B] defends against Ricky Steamboat [I]The Hammer may drop soon but I think Steamboat is aiming higher up the card[/I] [B]Jos Leduc and Nord the Barbarian[/B] vs. The Fabulous Ones [I]I reckon Brain's boys will roll until a title shot at least[/I] Les Thornton vs. [B]Mike Rotundo[/B] [I]Rotundo has upside and chemistry with Valentine to boot[/I] [B]Jake Roberts[/B] vs. Jerry Brisco [I]Jake is in the building up phase[/I] Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. [B]The Rock and Roll Express[/B] [I]This'll teach you to show up late Slater! :)[/I]

United States Heavyweight Title Match [B]Greg Valentine[/B] defends against Ricky Steamboat [B]Jos Leduc and Nord the Barbarian[/B] vs. The Fabulous Ones Les Thornton vs. [B]Mike Rotundo[/B] [B]Jake Roberts[/B] vs. Jerry Brisco Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. [B]The Rock and Roll Express [/B]

United States Heavyweight Title Match [B]Greg Valentine [/B]defends against Ricky Steamboat [B]Jos Leduc and Nord the Barbarian [/B]vs. The Fabulous Ones Les Thornton vs. [B]Mike Rotundo [/B] [B]Jake Roberts [/B]vs. Jerry Brisco [B]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater [/B]vs. The Rock and Roll Express

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Wednesday, Week 4, September 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Ramsey Center, Cullowhee, North Carolina. Broadcast via TV Local - Mid Atlantic on Saturday at 8:00 PM EST Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobOrtonJr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling kicks off with what we do best: WRESTLING action as two red hot teams take to each other in Dick Slater and Bob Orton Jr. against the Rock and Roll Express team of Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. A decent match to kick off the show. It was a fairly even contest with Orton and Slater using their brawling to offset the speed of the Rock and Rollers. But in the end the double team tactics of the Rock and Roll Express were too much for Orton and Slater and Ricky Morton pinned Slater after a Missle Dropkick, looking good going into battle at the NWA Anniversary Show against Jos Leduc and Nord the Barbarian. The Rock and Roll Express defeated Bob Orton Jr. and Dick Slater in 5:35 when Ricky Morton defeated Dick Slater by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Heenan Family/R&RE storyline has continued with this match. Dick Slater is improving in Performance skills...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A video began to play, hyping the upcoming battle between Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes at the NWA Anniversary Show, explaining that it will be held inside a steel cage! It also showed Dusty Rhodes' backup as being former Boxing Heavyweight Champion Joe Frazier and The Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol![/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JerryBrisco.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]An unusually short match for these two masters of in-ring psychology as they did battle for just a couple of minutes before they were interrupted by Steve Williams, who attacked Jerry Brisco, causing the DQ! Jerry Brisco defeated Jake Roberts in 2:34 when Jake Roberts was disqualified when Steve Williams ran in and attacked Jerry Brisco.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The camera moves to the interview area where Bob Caudle is standing by with Dusty Rhodes.[/I] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"American Dream, coming up this Saturday you are going to be going one on one with the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair in a steel cage match for that NWA World Title. Any thoughts as we get ready for this?"[/COLOR] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Bob Caudle, you know I can do all the talking in the world, if you weeellll, but the bottom line is that come this Saturday night there is going to be a new World Heavyweight Champion. A new Champ, the same as the old Champ. Nature Boy, you are the man and like you like to say to be the man you have to beat the man and that's exactly what I'm gonna do on Saturday!"[/COLOR] =B [I]As Dusty and Bob continue to talk, Ric Flair and Arn Anderson sneak out behind them. The crowd boos and tries to warn Dusty but Flair takes out Dusty's right knee from behind! Arn holds Bob Caudle back as he calls for help as the Nature Boy stomps on the fallen Dusty Rhodes. What a dispicable act![/I] =B+ [I]But out from the back comes Austin Idol and Joe Frazier! Joe floors Anderson with a right hand and Idol pushes Flair away from Dusty! Flair and Anderson can see the odds and back off while Idol and Frazier check on Dusty.[/I] =B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/LesThornton.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MikeRotundo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A great technical matchup as Iron Mike Rotundo takes on Les Thornton. The crowd didn't seem to enjoy it much, though, as Rotundo builds momentum for his United States Title match against Greg Valentine at the NWA Anniversary Show. Rotundo picks up the win with an Airplane Spin. Mike Rotundo defeated Les Thornton in 9:37 by pinfall with an Airplane Spin.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The injury that Les Thornton worked through took a big toll. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GreatKabuki.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JimmyValiant.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The attention turns to the interview area where Gary Hart and the Great Kabuki walk out.[/I] [B]Gary Hart:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Jimmy Valiant, you idiot. I cannot believe you accepted my Kabuki's challenge for a Loser Leaves Town match this Saturday night. Once again my international superstar Kabuki is going to prove once and for all that he is the better athlete and deserves to stay here in Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling."[/COLOR] [I]Crowd begins "Boogie, Boogie" chant![/I] [B]Gary Hart:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Where are we tonight? Cullowhee? Where in the hell is that? You guys don't deserve an international star like Kabuki to grace your city like this. Come on, Kabuki."[/COLOR] [I]Gary Hart and The Great Kabuki walk off and come face-to-face with Jimmy Valiant as he walks out! The crowd pops for the Boogie Woogie Man and Gary Hart keeps Kabuki from attacking Boogie as Valiant moves to the interview area.[/I] =C- [B]Jimmy Valiant:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Great Kabuki, Gary Hart I listened to what you had to say in the back. International Superstar this, better athlete that. Well, Saturday night you better find another place to wrestle if that's what you want to continue to do because the Boogie is going to be getting rid of you. Listen to this crowd here in the great city of Cullowhee, North Carolina. They don't want either of you here and come Saturday night I'm gonna kick both your butts out!"[/COLOR] =C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JosLeduc.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JohnNord.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/StanLane4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveKeirn5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Another very short contest that saw Leduc and Nord dominate the Fabulous Ones. The crowd wasn't really into the match, paying even more attention to Bobby Heenan on the outside than the match itself. Leduc got the win by submission with a Bear Hug. The Berserkers defeated The Fabulous Ones in 1:52 when Jos Leduc defeated Stan Lane by submission with a Bear Hug.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. Nord The Barbarian was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Jos Leduc stood out as being good. The Heenan Family/R&RE storyline has continued with this match. Nord The Barbarian is improving in Rumble skills...=D+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HarleyRace2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The crowd rose on their feet in cheers after the ring was cleared and Harley Race walked out from the back. He waved his hands to the crowd as he walked toward the ring and slipped inside, being handed a microphone.[/I] [B]Harley Race:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"I never thought I could come back to this kind of reaction in this area."[/COLOR] [I]He shook his head as the crowd cheered and began chanting "Harley, Harley" in affirmation of his legendary status.[/I] [B]Harley Race:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Listen up. I didn't come back to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling to talk. I came back to fight. Ivan Koloff, you want to put up the first challenge against the King? I am a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion. I am the best wrestler on the planet without the belt. Saturday night, NWA Anniversary Show Russian Bear you won't be the last man taken out by the King but on this return you WILL be the first."[/COLOR] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GregValentine.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_united_states_hvy2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The winner of this matchup will go to the NWA Anniversary Show to take on Mike Rotundo in defense of the United States Title. This was a very good match to main event the show as Valentine took to the knee of Steamboat and began working it over, keeping Steamboat grounded in a technical style of wrestling. When Steamboat gained the advantage, he tried to use some high-flying tactics on The Hammer but his knee kept giving him trouble and kept giving out on him. This gave Valentine the chance to get the advantage once again and Valentine wrapped on the Figure 4 Leglock! Steamboat cried out in pain and tried to fight it but in the end he couldn't and had to give up. Greg Valentine defeated Ricky Steamboat in 11:24 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Greg Valentine makes defence number 8 of his United States Heavyweight title. Referee=Stu Schwartz...This match lifted the crowd...=B[/QUOTE] OVERALL RATING: B- ATTENDANCE: 5,000[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2][B]Thursday Week 4 September 1983[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE]The show was a definite success last night with a great main event, featuring Valentine going over the AWA Heavyweight Champion Ricky Steamboat. All those who needed the momentum came through as always.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The show last night got it's usual feedback: 'The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]AWA held their Road Tour last evening with a decent main event featuring Larry Zbyszko defeating Wahoo McDaniel. Leading into that main event, though, were some great matches as Nick Bockwinkel defeated Brad Rheingans and Buzz Sawyer and Adrian Adonis successfully defended the AWA Tag Team Titles against Baron Von Raschke and Rick Martel.[/QUOTE] [SIZE=2][B]Friday Week 4 September 1983[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE]Tonight we held our house show in the Civic Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Here are the results... [B][CENTER]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling In Your Town Friday, Week 4 September 1983 Location: Atlanta, GA - Civic Center Attendance: 5,000 Overall Rating: B This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity. The feedback has been excellent, it seems they really struck gold with this show. ---[/CENTER][/B] [I]Greg Valentine defeated Ricky Steamboat in 10:14 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Refere=Stu Schwartz...Ricky Steamboat could use something to freshen his character up. This match lifted the crowd. Greg Valentine is improving in Performance skills...=B+ Greg Valentine had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Mike Rotundo...Greg Valentine could use something to freshen his character up. The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this segment...=C+ Jim Crockett Jr comes out to the podium and announces that Wahoo McDaniel will be special referee in a bout between Greg Valentine and Mike Rotundo...The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this segment...=D+ To answer questions about his reliability to act as a fair and impartial referee in the upcoming bout between Greg Valentine and Mike Rotundo, Wahoo McDaniel comes out to the podium and delivers a promo. "I take this appointment very seriously. There is no way I would allow outside pressures to influence whatever decision needs to be made; it will be a fair match."...The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this segment...=B- Magnum T.A. defeated Magic Dragon in 4:46 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex. Referee=Randy Anderson...Gary Hart did some good work at ringside. Magic Dragon and Gary Hart are a good pairing, they play off each other well. Magic Dragon and Magnum T.A. just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down...=D- Dusty Rhodes has an interview in which he taunts Ric Flair. "Ric Flair's mom wanted a girl. His father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!"...The Dusty For The Gold Part 3 storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment...=B+ The cameras return to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair by speaking about recent events between the two. "This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!"...The Dusty For The Gold Part 3 storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment...=B Mr. Wrestling II defeated The Brooklyn Brawler in 3:48 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Mr. Wrestling II came out of the match looking good...=C The Rock and Roll Express defeated The Long Riders in 7:39 when Robert Gibson defeated Ron Bass by pinfall with a High Dropkick. Referee=Stu Schwartz...The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Robert Gibson looked good out there. The Heenan Family/R&RE storyline has continued with this match...=C+ In a grand display of brutality, Bobby Heenan orders his tag team to attack Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton. Jos Leduc and Nord The Barbarian follow orders, laying the boots to a quickly helpless Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton....The Heenan Family/R&RE storyline has continued with this segment. Jos Leduc is developing better performance skills. Nord The Barbarian is developing better performance skills...=C Jerry Brisco defeated Les Thornton in 11:49 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. Referee=Randy Anderson...The injury that Les Thornton worked through took a big toll. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jerry Brisco is improving in Technical skills...=C- Gary Hart has an interview in which he taunts Jimmy Valiant. "Jimmy Valiant's mom wanted a girl. His father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!"...The Valiant/Kabuki storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment...=B- Jimmy Valiant had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with The Great Kabuki...The Valiant/Kabuki storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment...=C- A video plays hyping Jimmy Valiant vs. The Great Kabuki...The Valiant/Kabuki storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment...=C- Jimmy Valiant defeated Pez Whatley in 4:31 by pinfall with a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop. Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C Jimmy Valiant had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with The Great Kabuki...The Valiant/Kabuki storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment...=C- The Funks defeated The Fabulous Ones in 11:55 when Terry Funk defeated Steve Keirn by pinfall with a Texas Piledriver. The Funks make defence number 7 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Referee=Randy Anderson...Stan Lane was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Steve Keirn looked good out there. The Funks/Youngbloods storyline has continued with this match. Dory Funk Jr. is improving in Flying skills...=C The Funks had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Tribal Nation...Terry Funk could use something to freshen his character up. The Funks/Youngbloods storyline has continued with this segment...=C- Harley Race had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ivan Koloff...The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd...=B Ric Flair defeated Austin Idol in 7:56 by pinfall following interference from Arn Anderson. Referee=Tommy Young...Ric Flair is starting to become a little stale in his current role...=B- Dusty Rhodes defeated Arn Anderson in 1:53 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. Referee=Randy Anderson...This match lifted the crowd...=B[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]AWA held their All-Star Wrestling show. The main event featured Larry Zbyszko defeating Baron Von Raschke. In other action, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Rick Martel.[/QUOTE] [SIZE=2][B]Saturday Week 4 September 1983[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE]NWA Anniversary Show card preview to come![/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling And The National Wrestling Alliance Present NWA Anniversary Show [b]LIVE![/b] From The Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]The Main Event![/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Steel Cage Match[/I][/B] Ric Flair(c) defends against Dusty Rhodes[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]Wahoo McDaniel Is The Special Guest Referee, United States Heavyweight Title Match[/I][/B] Greg Valentine defends against Mike Rotundo[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]Loser Leaves MACW[/I][/B] Jimmy Valiant vs. The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The Rock and Roll Express vs. Jos Leduc and Nord The Barbarian w/Bobby Heenan[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton vs. The Armstrongs[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]NWA World Tag Team Titles Match[/I][/B] The Funks defend against Tribal Nation[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][I]Return Of The King[/I][/B] Harley Race vs. Ivan Koloff[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jake Roberts vs. Austin Idol[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ricky Steamboat vs. Magic Dragon w/Gary Hart[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ron Bass vs. Rick Steiner[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Mr. Wrestling II vs. The Brooklyn Brawler[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs. The Fabulous Ones[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Steve Williams w/Bobby Heenan vs. Jerry Brisco[/QUOTE] [CENTER]All this and much, much more in 4 hours of LIVE MACW action! Predictions And Comments Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Steel Cage Match [B]Ric Flair(c)[/B] defends against Dusty Rhodes Wahoo McDaniel Is The Special Guest Referee, United States Heavyweight Title Match Greg Valentine defends against [B]Mike Rotundo[/B] Loser Leaves MACW Jimmy Valiant vs. [B]The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart [/B] [B]The Rock and Roll Express[/B] vs. Jos Leduc and Nord The Barbarian w/Bobby Heenan [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton[/B] vs. The Armstrongs NWA World Tag Team Titles Match [B]The Funks [/B]defend against Tribal Nation Return Of The King [B]Harley Race[/B] vs. Ivan Koloff Jake Roberts vs. [B]Austin Idol [/B] [B]Ricky Steamboat [/B]vs. Magic Dragon w/Gary Hart Ron Bass vs. [B]Rick Steiner [/B] [B]Mr. Wrestling II[/B] vs. The Brooklyn Brawler [B]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater[/B] vs. The Fabulous Ones [B]Steve Williams w/Bobby Heenan[/B] vs. Jerry Brisco

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Steel Cage Match [B]Ric Flair[/B](c) defends against Dusty Rhodes [I]Hmmm with Steamboat looking good and Race coming back I'm gonna go against my gut and stick with Slick Ric[/I] Wahoo McDaniel Is The Special Guest Referee, United States Heavyweight Title Match Greg Valentine defends against [B]Mike Rotundo[/B] [I]Wahoo gets sweet revenge by making the count on the Hammer?[/I] Loser Leaves MACW Jimmy Valiant vs. [B]The Great Kabuki[/B] w/Gary Hart [I]Bye Jimmy?[/I] The Rock and Roll Express vs. [B]Jos Leduc and Nord The Barbarian[/B] w/Bobby Heenan [I]Brain shenanigans[/I] [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton[/B] vs. The Armstrongs [I]My Double A rule applies here[/I] NWA World Tag Team Titles Match [B]The Funks[/B] defend against Tribal Nation [I]Still more chasing for the faces I think[/I] Return Of [B]The King Harley Race[/B] vs. Ivan Koloff [I]Race returning and making a statement[/I] [B]Jake Roberts[/B] vs. Austin Idol [I]DDT means "the end"[/I] [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] vs. Magic Dragon w/Gary Hart [I]Steamboat has more upward mobility[/I] Ron Bass vs. [B]Rick Steiner[/B] [I]Not totally sure but Steiner at this stage would have a lot of potential[/I] [B]Mr. Wrestling II[/B] vs. The Brooklyn Brawler [I]I can't see Brawler as anything but a jobber, blame WWF[/I] [B]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater[/B] vs. The Fabulous Ones [I]Both are excellent heels to have strong for using a short notice[/I] [B]Steve Williams w/Bobby Heenan[/B] vs. Jerry Brisco [I]Keeping strong, maybe for a run in with Roberts?[/I] I just want to say I'm really enjoying this, to the point where I have started tinkering with DOTT myself. Like I said, I don't really know a lot of the people you are using from "reality", a lot are names to me and little else, but I'm starting to know them from this diary now. You're doing a great job! :)

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Steel Cage Match [B]Ric Flair(c) [/B]defends against Dusty Rhodes Wahoo McDaniel Is The Special Guest Referee, United States Heavyweight Title Match Greg Valentine defends against [B]Mike Rotundo something tainted so the belt doesn't change. [/B] Loser Leaves MACW Jimmy Valiant vs. [B]The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart >Charlie Brown on his way?[/B] The Rock and Roll Express vs. [B]Jos Leduc and Nord The Barbarian w/Bobby Heenan [/B] [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton [/B]vs. The Armstrongs NWA World Tag Team Titles Match [B]The Funks [/B]defend against Tribal Nation Return Of The King [B]Harley Race [/B]vs. Ivan Koloff [B]Jake Roberts [/B]vs. Austin Idol [B]Ricky Steamboat [/B]vs. Magic Dragon w/Gary Hart [B]Ron Bass [/B]vs. Rick Steiner [B]Steiner is way too green at this point. [/B] [B]Mr. Wrestling II [/B]vs. The Brooklyn Brawler [B]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater [/B]vs. The Fabulous Ones [B]Steve Williams w/Bobby Heenan [/B]vs. Jerry Brisco [B]Roll continues.[/B] Looks like a great card.

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Steel Cage Match Ric Flair(c) defends against [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] Wahoo McDaniel Is The Special Guest Referee, United States Heavyweight Title Match [B]Greg Valentine[/B] defends against Mike Rotundo Loser Leaves MACW Jimmy Valiant vs. [B]The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart[/B] The Rock and Roll Express vs. [B]Jos Leduc and Nord The Barbarian w/Bobby Heenan[/B] [B]Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton[/B] vs. The Armstrongs NWA World Tag Team Titles Match [B]The Funks[/B] defend against Tribal Nation Return Of The King [B]Harley Race[/B] vs. Ivan Koloff Jake Roberts vs. [B]Austin Idol[/B] [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] vs. Magic Dragon w/Gary Hart [B]Ron Bass[/B] vs. Rick Steiner [B]Mr. Wrestling II[/B] vs. The Brooklyn Brawler [B]Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater[/B] vs. The Fabulous Ones [B]Steve Williams w/Bobby Heenan [/B]vs. Jerry Brisco

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Sunday, Week 4, August 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte North Carolina. Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING AND NWA'S NWA ANNIVERSARY SHOW![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The camera pans around the Charlotte Coliseum with signs being held up for each of the favorite superstars before it focuses in on the interview area where Bob Caudle is standing.[/I] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Wrestling fans of all ages, welcome to the NWA Anniversary Show! At this time, it is my duty to introduce to you the NWA World Heavyweight Champion the Nature Boy Ric Flair!"[/COLOR] [I]'Thus Spake Zarathustra' begins to play as Ric Flair walks out to a good hometown welcome. He lets out a 'Whoooo' as he walks over to the interview area.[/I] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Did somebody say that there's a party going on in Charlotte tonight? Whoooo!"[/COLOR] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Ric Flair, tonight you will be in for the match of your life as you defend that NWA World Heavyweight Title against The American Dream Dusty Rhodes inside of a steel cage. Are you ready?"[/COLOR] [B]Ric Flair:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Bob Caudle, tonight is the Anniversary of the creation of the greatest group of promotions known to man: the NWA. Whooo. And tonight right here in my hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina I am going to defend MY NWA World Heavyweight Title against Dusty Rhodes. Dusty, big man, we've been up and down the road many, many times before. We've wrestled, we've bleed, we've sweat and we've paid the price. Whooo. Tonight, when you walk that aisle, remember that to be the man you have to beat the man and holding this gold belt makes the Nature Boy the man. Two men are going to walk into the steel cage tonight and only one will be having a party. I've got beautiful women in my limousine waiting for a ride on Space Mountain and that's going to happen tonight when I beat you in the middle of the ring. Remember, Dusty, diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair. Whooo!"[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveWilliams.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyHeenan.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JerryBrisco.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The camera panned over to another interview area where Bobby Heenan stood by with Dr. Death Steve Williams[/I] [B]Bobby Heenan:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Jerry Brisco, tonight Dr. Death is going to prove that you are just another hamandegger like all those humanoids in the building tonight. It's only fitting that we're here in the Queen City since my man Steve Williams is taking on a man who looks like a woman. Jerry Brisco, prepare to have your barefoot and pregnant ass kicked."[/COLOR] =C- [I]Steve Williams headed down to the ring and out came Jerry Brisco. This was a pretty short match dominated by Dr. Death. Williams finally finished Brisco with the Oklahoma Stampede and picked up the pin. Steve Williams defeated Jerry Brisco in 1:58 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Williams/Brisco storyline has continued with this match. Steve Williams is improving in Technical skills...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobOrtonJr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DickSlater.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/StanLane4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/SteveKeirn5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Orton and Slater were booed as they came out to the ring and the crowd gave a good, solid cheer for the Fabulous Ones! Though it was a short match it did have a little back and forth at the beginning but the Fabulous Ones soon took to the lead and Stan Lane pinned Orton with a Savate Kick. The Fabulous Ones defeated Bob Orton Jr. and Dick Slater in 1:31 when Stan Lane defeated Bob Orton Jr. by pinfall.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MrWrestlingII.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BrooklynBrawler.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Prior to the next match starting, a videotape was shown of Mr. Wrestling II and some of his matches elsewhere, used in conjunction with the NWA Anniversary Show theme.[/I] =C- [I]Back inside the ring, the Brooklyn Brawler was getting some good heat with this southern crowd as Mr. Wrestling II came out to the ring to some cheers. Wrestling II dominated the match as most would assume he would. He finished off Brawler with the Million Dollar Knee Lift. Mr. Wrestling II defeated The Brooklyn Brawler in 2:06 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Mr. Wrestling II stood out as being good. This match brought the crowd's mood down...=D-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RonBass.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickSteiner2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A definite brawling and hard-hitting matchup between these two but the fans didn't really seem to care. Ron Bass showed off his skills a little bit in this match and was able to pick up the win after a Texas Gourdbuster. Ron Bass defeated Rick Steiner in 6:28 by pinfall with a Texas Gourdbuster.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost...=D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Wrestling fans, as we continue with tonight's NWA Anniversary Show, let's bring out a new member here to the National Wrestling Alliance. Welcome Magnum T.A.!"[/COLOR] [I]Magnum came out to a decent crowd ovation but nothing special.[/I] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Magnum, welcome to the National Wrestling Alliance."[/COLOR] [B]Magnum T.A.:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Thank you, Mr. Caudle. It's good to be here in Charlotte, North Carolina and in the greatest organization in the world: the National Wrestling Alliance!"[/COLOR] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Now that you're here is there anyone in particular you'd like to face?"[/COLOR] [B]Magnum T.A.:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Everyone here wants to be the World Champion, Mr. Caudle. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to face the winner of tonight's match between Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes. Other than that, there are many great superstars here in Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling I would love to get in the ring with."[/COLOR] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Thank you for your time, Magnum."[/COLOR] [B]Magnum T.A.:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"My pleasure, Mr. Caudle."[/COLOR] =D+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MagicDragon.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GaryHart2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The first member of Gary Hart's family in action tonight is Magic Dragon as he takes on Ricky Steamboat. Dragon was hardly any match for Steamboat and only had a short-lived advantage when Steamboat was attacked by Gary Hart outside the ring while Dragon distracted referee Randy Anderson. Steamboat soon gained back the advantage and finished off Dragon with his Flying Body Press off the top turnbuckle. Ricky Steamboat defeated Magic Dragon in 9:37 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Randy Anderson...Gary Hart did some good work at ringside. Magic Dragon and Gary Hart are a good pairing, they play off each other well. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ricky Steamboat looked good out there...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/AustinIdol.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Jake came out to the ring with the snake in the bag as he always does and this looked like it intimidated Idol for a few moments. Multiple times during the match, Idol glanced over at the bag in the corner when he had the advantage, taking his eyes off the Snake in the ring and letting Roberts gain the advantage back. Jake Roberts finished off Austin Idol with a short-arm clothesline. Jake Roberts defeated Austin Idol in 5:42 by pinfall with a Short-Arm Clothesline.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...=C+ [I]Following the match, Jake dropped Idol with a DDT and then went over to his snake bag, opening it up and dumping out a large python! He grabbed the snake and wrapped it around Austin Idol's neck! Idol lay there unconcious as the snake squeezed around his neck and Jake started laughing.[/I] =B[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/HarleyRace2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/IvanKoloff.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The attention turned toward an interview area where Ivan Koloff was standing.[/I] [B]Ivan Koloff:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"You stupid Americans need to shut up while Ivan talk. I am more important than anything you might have to say. Tonight, Harley Race, you accept challenge of Russian Bear to have match here at NWA Anniversary Show. They call it 'Return of King.' I call it 'Destruction of King.' Everyone knows that Russians are better than Americans and you are just another American that Russian Bear can destroy."[/COLOR] =B [I]Ivan shook his head at the boos he was receiving and just walked off and into the ring. The crowd cheered as Harley Race stepped out from the back and moved toward the interview area, picking up a microphone.[/I] [B]Harley Race:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Ivan Koloff, you are taking the time to insult all these fans? They made the right decision in cheering the King and booing you. Tonight, I am going to vindicate their decision by kicking your Russian ass."[/COLOR] =B- [I]As soon as Harley Race hit the ring, the bell sounded as the two tough brawlers met in center ring, trading punches. Harley started to get the advantage, catching Koloff with several right hands. He stepped back and clotheslined the Russian Bear down! Koloff got back up and backed off, looking a little surprised at Race's power and prowess. Koloff raised his right hand, offering a test of strength and while Race started to raise his hand, Koloff kicked him in the gut and began his own advantage. The Russian Bear focused his attention on Race's back with backbreakers and knees dropped to the back for good measure. He got several two counts after a couple of backbreakers on Race. He played to the crowd and got booed for his trouble. He picked up the King and wrapped his arms around him, locking him in the patented Bear Hug! Race's eyes bugged out as Koloff squeezed the life out of him. The audience booed Koloff and tried to get Race back into the match with their cheers and chants of 'Harley, Harley, Harley.' Referee Stu Schwartz grabbed Race's arm and it dropped once. He grabbed the arm a second time and it dropped again. He grabbed the arm a third time and it...dropped, no, wait, Race held it up! The King is feeding off the crowd as he claps his hands against Koloff's ears! He boxes his ears again! And again! Race headbutts the Russian to finally break the hold! The King busted himself open with that headbutt and lies on the mat beside Koloff as the referee begins his ten count. Slowly each man starts to get to his feet. Once up, Race ducks a Russian Sickle and then kicks Koloff in the gut. A knee lift by Race! He bounces off the ropes and hit a high jumping knee lift to Koloff, staggering him into the ropes! Koloff is busted open from Race's knee! Race is on a mission! He picks up Koloff and body slams him to the mat before going outside the ring and heading to the top turnbuckle! The crowd are on their feet as they watch Race soar through the air and nail the diving headbutt on Koloff! He makes a cover and the crowd count along 1...2...3! No, wait, two count only! Koloff got the shoulder up! Race shakes his head and stomps on the fallen Koloff before lifting him back up and putting him in position for a Piledriver. The crowd cheers as Race lifts the Russian Bear and drops him with a Harley Race Special Piledriver! He makes another cover, hooks the leg. 1...2...3! Harley Race wins it! Harley Race defeated Ivan Koloff in 27:38 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Ivan Koloff seemed off his game tonight. The Race/Koloff storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd...B+[/QUOTE] [CENTER][B][SIZE=5]THE REST OF THE ANNIVERSARY SHOW COMING SOON![/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

... [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/macw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE=1]Sunday, Week 4, August 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [COLOR=BLUE][B]Taped from the Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte North Carolina. Jim Crockett Promotions presents...[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][QUOTE][SIZE=6][CENTER]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING AND NWA'S NWA ANNIVERSARY SHOW![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DoryFunkJr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/TerryFunk.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JayYoungblood.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MarkYoungblood.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_tag.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_tag.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]A video began to play for the crowd at intermission, showing the history between the Funks and Tribal Nation, including the debut last month of Mark Youngblood as Jay's partner.[/I] =C+ [I]Tribal Nation came out to some cheers from the crowd, climbing in the ring and doing some traditional dancing before in come the Funks! The NWA World Tag Team Champions were nearly booed out of the building as they slid inside the ring and looked across at their opponents, handing referee Tommy Young their belts. This would be our first title match of the evening and when the bell sounded, Dory Funk Jr. started out with Jay Youngblood. Jay started off with a quick advantage, using hip tosses and armdrags on Dory to keep him off balance. The Mid-Atlantic Champion soon slid out of the ring to regroup with his brother. Once back in the ring, Dory pointed to Mark, yelling at Jay that he wants the runt of the litter. Jay looked to the crowd, who cheered and then tagged out to his brother. Mark and Dory went to lock-up but Dory kicked Mark in the gut and hit a forearm on his back. He dragged Mark over to his corner and made the tag to Terry where the Funker began his domination over Mark Youngblood, choking him on the ropes to the tune of a 4 count by the referee. While Young was warning Terry, Dory grabbed a belt and smacked Mark Youngblood in the head with it! Outside the ring, Dory went around the ring and after Jay Youngblood! Jay saw him coming, though, and dropped down and the brawl was on outside the ring! Inside the ring, though, Terry had it easy and laid out Mark Youngblood with a Texas Sized Piledriver and covered him for the 1-2-3 count on a tainted win! The Funks defeated Tribal Nation in 8:06 when Terry Funk defeated Mark Youngblood by pinfall with a Texas Piledriver.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] The Funks make defence number 8 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Terry Funk came out of the match looking good. The Funks/Youngbloods storyline has continued with this match. Jay Youngblood is improving in Rumble skills. Jay Youngblood is improving in Performance skills...=C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyEaton.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Our next tag team bout of the evening features two teams who can definitely deliver inside the ring. And this was a technical showcase with the Armstrongs getting over early but Anderson and Eaton coming back during the middle and late stages of the match. Brad Armstrong was focused upon by Anderson and Eaton and Arn ended up getting the pinfall on him with that patented Anderson DDT! Arn Anderson \ Bobby Eaton defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 7:50 when Arn Anderson defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with an Anderson DDT.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Brad Armstrong was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Bob Armstrong looked good out there. The AndersonEaton/Armstrongs storyline has continued with this match. Brad Armstrong is improving in Rumble skills. Brad Armstrong is improving in Performance skills...=C-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The attention turned to the interview area where Bob Caudle was standing by.[/I] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my next guest at this time the number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title the American Dream Dusty Rhodes!"[/COLOR] [I]Dusty came out to a huge ovation from this Charlotte crowd. What a main event we have lined up! Who knows who the crowd is going to cheer for.[/I] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Dusty Rhodes, tonight, you face the Nature Boy Ric Flair in his own hometown inside a steel cage for the NWA World Heavyweight Title."[/COLOR] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Well, you know something, Bob Caudle, tonight it's going to be one on one when I go up against Ric Flair. No trickery, no chicanery, no interference. That steel cage will see to that. Nature Boy Ric Flair, I've got a lot of respect for you. You beat me to win that NWA World Title so I know that you've got the goods, if you will. But tonight is my night. Tonight is the night of the American Dream. Tonight, we are going to see a new NWA World Champion getting funky like a monkey inside that very ring!"[/COLOR] [B]Bob Caudle:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Ladies and gentlemen, let's head back to the ring for more wrestling action."[/COLOR] =B+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JosLeduc.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JohnNord.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/BobbyHeenan.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The Rock and Roll Express were given a fairly good ovation when they came out, playing to the crowd some. Then the boos rained when out came the Heenan Family. Nord The Barbarian and Jos Leduc slid into the ring and went right after the Rock and Roll Express, clotheslining them down! Nord whipped Morton into the ropes and connected with a big boot! Jos Leduc grabbed Robert Gibson and dropped him in a backbreaker. Nord went running around the ring, shouting 'huss, huss, huss, huss!' while Jos Leduc tried to calm him down. This gave the Express an opportunity to recover and they both got up and gave Jos a double dropkick from behind, sending him crashing through the ropes and to the ground. The Express hit Nord with a couple of forearms and Nord just looked down at them for a moment like they were gnats! The Express ducked a grab by Nord and bounced off the ropes, hitting dropkicks to the back of both his knees, knocking Nord down to his knees. The Rock and Roll Express both ascended the turnbuckles on opposite sides. Ricky Morton flew off with a dropkick that staggered the now-standing Nord and then Robert Gibson's dropkick sent the big man crashing to the mat. Gibson made the cover and Morton got on top of him. Referee Stu Schwartz began counting and the Rock and Roll Express got the upset victory! The Rock and Roll Express defeated The Berserkers in 5:35 when Robert Gibson defeated Nord The Barbarian by pinfall with a High Dropkick.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jos Leduc looked good out there. The Heenan Family/R&RE storyline has continued with this match...=C [I]The Express rolled Nord out of the ring and began celebrating their victory but their celebration was short-lived as out came the NWA World Tag Team Champions! Terry Funk pushed Ricky Morton over the top turnbuckles, sending him crashing to the outside! Robert Gibson ducked a belt shot from Dory and hit a dropkick! He turned around and got smacked in the face with a belt by Terry Funk! The Rock and Roll Express are down and out with the Funks standing over them, holding their belts aloft.[/I] =C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]LOSER LEAVES MACW![/B] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/JimmyValiant.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GreatKabuki.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GaryHart2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The attention turned toward the interview area where Jimmy Valiant walked out with those goggles in his right hand.[/I] [B]Jimmy Valiant:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"The time is just about nigh, daddy-o. Great Kabuki, tonight you get to be forced out of MACW. I've got my protection right here (raises goggles) so you won't be able to cheat me out of my win. Everything is going right on schedule. Good luck on that unemployment line. Maybe you can go and be a Kabuki dancer."[/COLOR] [I]Valiant headed off from the interview area and headed toward the ring.[/I] =D+ [I]Out came Gary Hart and the Great Kabuki. Before going to the ring, they stopped by the interview area.[/I] [B]Gary Hart:[/B] [COLOR=BLUE]"Jimmy Valiant, tonight it is you who will be heading toward the unemployment line. When my Great Kabuki finishes you off tonight you will have no choice but to leave the territory. And that's too bad too. My Great Kabuki was enjoying beating you up every night."[/COLOR] [I]Gary Hart led the the Great Kabuki to the ring where referee Stu Schwartz called for the bell and the match was on. Kabuki tried to use the mist early on but Valiant's goggles kept it from doing any damage and used the time to take the advantage and get a couple of quick two counts from the referee. Both these men were giving it all they had since neither of them wants to be forced out of Mid-Atlantic. Gary Hart proved to be a great advantage to the Great Kabuki as he distracted Jimmy Valiant after Valiant hit a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop for long enough that Kabuki could kick out. Eventually, Kabuki hit a heart kick and made the cover, grabbing the tights of Valiant for extra leverage and referee Stu Schwartz made the 3 count, sending Jimmy Valiant OUT of MACW. The Great Kabuki defeated Jimmy Valiant in 7:58 by pinfall with a handful of tights.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Referee=Stu Schwartz...Jimmy Valiant and The Great Kabuki have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The Valiant/Kabuki storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match...=B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/GregValentine.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/MikeRotundo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_united_states_hvy.jpg[/IMG] [B]Special Referee:[/B] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/WahooMcDaniel.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]After the ring was cleared of a disappointed Jimmy Valiant, Wahoo McDaniel limped out to cheers from the crowd. Wahoo may not make the best referee tonight because of the injury but he has promised to call it right down the middle. Mike Rotundo came out next and after sliding into the ring he shook hands with Wahoo and talked to him for a few minutes before the entrance of Greg Valentine. The Hammer jawwed at Wahoo, tossing another 'I Broke Wahoo's Leg' shirt into the Native American Chief's face before handing over the U.S. Title belt. Wahoo raised it in the air and then called for the bell. The match started out slow with Valentine pushing Rotundo in the corner and Wahoo forcing a clean break out of the Hammer. Valentine soon gained the advantage over Rotundo and began working the knee just like he always does for his matches. He drove his shoulder into Rotundo's knee and wrapped it around the ringpost. He went for a Figure 4 but Rotundo turned it into a small package, gaining a two count. Valentine got up in Wahoo's face, saying that the count was too fast! This gave Rotundo the chance to get a schoolboy rollup for another two count. Rotundo got a double leg takedown on Valentine and then mounted him, beginning to punch away at the forehead of the Hammer! Rotundo got back up and played to the crowd a little bit, getting fired up. He began noticably limping because of the attack on the knee but pulled Valentine up and sent him into the corner. He climbed up and did a monkey flip on Valentine! He chased Valentine with a clothesline but the Hammer ducked and Rotundo ended up hitting Wahoo and knocking the referee out of the ring! Rotundo's eyes went wide as he realized what he did! Valentine kicked Rotundo with a low blow and then dropped a Hammer Elbow Drop! He made the cover but there was no referee! Valentine looked frustrated, shaking his head. He went outside the ring and picked up Wahoo, tossing the Native American referee back into the ring, walking around and picking up his U.S. Title belt! He slid back in the ring, waiting for Rotundo to stand. Rotundo turned around and...WHACK! No, wait, he ducked the belt shot! He kicked Valentine in the gut and held up the U.S. Title belt to cheers from the crowd, smacking Valentine in the face with it! What a comeuppance for the Hammer! Rotundo slid the belt out of the ring and revived Wahoo before making the cover and Wahoo counted 1...2..3!!! We have a NEW United States Heavyweight Champion! Mike Rotundo defeated Greg Valentine in 12:49 by pinfall after using a foreign object.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Mike Rotundo wins the United States Heavyweight title. Referee=Wahoo McDaniel...Greg Valentine could use something to freshen his character up. Greg Valentine and Mike Rotundo have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The performance of Greg Valentine stood out as being good. The Valentine/Rotundo/Wahoo storyline has continued with this match...=B-[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Steel Cage Match[/B] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/DOTT/macw_nwa_world_hvy.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]While the steel cage was being constructed, a video played showing highlights from the Ric Flair/Dusty Rhodes feud. This includes the bounty that Flair put on Dusty and Dusty's return.[/I] =A [I]Then the attention turned toward the interview area as Dusty made his way out and headed there.[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes:[/B] [COLOR=RED]"Ric Flair, the time for talking is over! It's time to see who the best man is and tonight it's going to be the American Dream."[/COLOR] =B+ [I]Dusty headed right to the ring, sliding inside and meeting up with referee Tommy Young who checked him for foreign objects. 'Thus Spake Zarathustra' began and out walked Ric Flair in a blue sequined 'Nature Boy' robe with the NWA World Title around his waist. The crowd was deafening even if they gave him a mixed reaction. He slid in the ring and gave referee Tommy Young the NWA World Title and removed his robe as Young showed the title to Dusty Rhodes before holding it up so the crowd can see that this is for all the marbles. This is for the Heavyweight Championship of the World. He handed the belt out to a ring attendant to be brought outside the cage and then the door was locked before he called for a bell and the start of our main event. Ric Flair stared at Dusty from his corner and Dusty looked right back at him. Neither man seems to be in any hurry right now as they both begin circling the ring. Flair tells Dusty to wait a minute and then gives a strut, releasing a 'whoooo' that is echoed by some of the fans here in Flair's hometown. Dusty nods his head and then gives his own version of the Flair strut, releasing a 'whooo' that is echoed by some of the fans here. Flair starts to move in quickly but is held off by a ****ed fist by Dusty Rhodes. Flair raises his arms, backing off for a moment. They finally lock up and Flair backs Dusty into the corner. He lowers a shoulder and sends it into Dusty's gut. Dusty hits him with a forearm. Flair pops up and chops Dusty. Dusty with a punch! He peppers Flair with left jabs coming out of the corner, finally felling Flair with a punch! Flair pops back up and is taken back down by another left jab. Dusty looks like he's been getting lessons from Joe Frazier. Another left jab takes Flair down. He winds up and hits Flair with a Bionic Elbow! Ric rolls against the ropes and realizes he can't exit the ring because of the cage and quickly pops up, backing into a corner while Dusty stares at him. Flair takes a breather in the corner, complaining to Tommy Young about the closed fist Dusty's been using. Ric comes out of the corner slowly and locks up with Dusty, locking in a side headlock. Flair wrenches the hold in before doing a standing switch to a hammerlock. Dusty reverses it quickly and Flair cries out in pain. Dusty wrenches on Flair's arm now. An armwringer on Flair but Flair grabs Dusty by the hair and backs him into the ropes. He pulls Dusty quickly to the other side and Dusty kicks his foot out against the cage to keep Flair from hitting Rhodes' face against the steel cage! Flair backs off quickly while Dusty wags his fingers at the Nature Boy. Flair yells at the crowd while circling Dusty before trying a test of strength. They only get one hand locked together before Dusty forces Flair down to his knees while Flair cries out in pain. Flair slowly gets back to his feet and kicks Dusty in the gut, grabbing an armwringer on Dust. Dusty reverses it and flips Flair over to the mat. Dusty holds Flair's wrist and then drops a leg on the arm to a cry of pain from the Nature Boy. Big Dust wrenches in on that arm and Flair cries out in pain before rolling to his feet. Dusty continues to wrench in on that arm before Flair backs him into the ropes. Flair shoots Dusty off to the other side and Dusty drops Flair with a shoulderblock. Dusty bounces off the ropes and Flair drops down. Dusty jumps over him and bounces off the far ropes. Flair is up and tries a hip toss but it's blocked and reversed and down goes Flair. Flair gets back up and chops Dusty's chest! Dusty drops Flair with a chop of his own! Flair begs off into the corner, luring Dusty in and gives him a poke to the eye! Dusty staggers off and Flair nails Dust with a chopblock on that right knee. The same knee that Flair has focused on throughout this feud. Flair stomps on the knee and struts to the crowd, releasing a 'Whooo'. Some of the crowd boos and some echo the 'Whooo'. Flair focuses on that knee for the next ten minutes, stomping on it and giving a kneebar and placing Dusty's knee on the ropes before dropping his full weight down on it. Flair did some playing to the crowd before going for his Figure 4 Leglock but Dusty reversed it into a small package for a 2 count! Flair popped right back up and dropped an elbow...MISSED! Dusty rolled out of the way and is slow to get to his feet. He punches Flair in the gut before grabbing his trunks and catapulting Flair into the cage! Flair bounces off the cage and falls facefirst to the mat. Dusty uses the ropes to get to his feet and picks up Flair, bodyslamming him! Dusty staggers back, using the ropes to keep himself up. He drops an elbow on Flair and makes the cover for a 2 count as Flair gets a shoulder up. Dusty picks up Flair and locks in a front facelock. He lifts the Nature Boy up and holds him there for several seconds before dropping a vertical suplex on Flair! Dust pushes to his feet and goes around Flair, picking up his legs and releasing a 'Whoooo' before locking in a Figure 4 Leglock! The crowd rises in cheers as Dusty locks Flair's signature hold on him! Flair cries out in pain! His shoulders are down on the mat and Tommy Young counts a 2 count before Flair lifts back up. Dusty squeezes the hold on tighter and Flair cries out! Flair is shaking his head. He doesn't want to give up but Dusty is squeezing the hold on tighter! Flair tries to turn it! He's trying...trying...trying...he gets it over and Dusty breaks the hold quickly! Both men are down on the mat and slowly trying to climb to their feet. They move toward each other and Flair chops the Dream! He kicks at the knee of Dusty and grabs him, ramming Dusty's head into the steel! Dusty is busted open! Flair sees that and bounces off the ropes, dropping a knee onto Dusty's forehead, making him bleed even more! Flair releases a 'Whoooo' to the crowd before grabbing Dusty and picking him up. He brings him over to the cage and grinds Dusty's forehead against the steel cage! Dusty cries out in pain before Flair releases and grabs Dusty, lifting him up and driving Dusty's knee across his own knee. Dusty falls in pain! Flair gives a little strut across the ring, releasing a 'Whoooo' to the crowd. He brings Dusty's knee over to the ropes and jumps, dropping his whole weight down onto the knee! Flair moves Dusty to the center of the ring and yanks on his knee before wrapping on a Figure 4 Leglock of his own! Dusty's face is a crimson mask as he cries out in pain from Flair's Figure 4! The crowd tries to get behind Dusty as he cries out 'No!' that he won't give up in the Figure 4! Dusty's knee may get broken here in the Figure 4 as he holds on, not willing to give up. His shoulders come down. 1...2...shoulder up! Dusty shakes his head over and over again, not willing to submit to the Figure 4! He tries to reverse the hold as Flair did earlier! He waves his hand, getting the crowd to clap for him as he feeds off the energy of the crowd! Almost here...almost...he's got it! The hold is reversed and Flair grabs the ropes, using them to break the hold with as he crawls away from the American Dream. Both Flair and Dusty try to get to their feet. Flair meets Dust in the corner and lays into him with a chop! A second chop! A third one! He punches Dusty in the head! He grabs Dusty to whip him across but Dusty holds onto the ropes! Dusty holds on again and then whips Flair back into the corner Dusty was in! Dusty peppers him with rights and lefts in the corner, leaning slightly against the ropes! He whips Flair across to the ropes and...double clothesline! Both men go down! Referee Tommy Young begins the count as both men lie nearly motionless. 1...2...3...4...Both men start to stir...5...6...Dusty uses the ropes to slowly move toward his feet...7...8...Both men are up. Flair comes running in and Dusty sidesteps him, sending him into the steel cage! Flair staggers back and falls face-first on the mat! Dusty pulls Flair up and rams him into the cage again! And again! And again! Flair is busted open now! The American Dream building momentum as he steps back and brings Flair down with a lariat! He makes a cover! 1...2...kickout! Somehow Flair kicked out! The Dream gets to his feet and Whips Flair toward the corner. Flair is turned upside down and then falls back inside the ring, turning back toward Dusty. Dusty begins peppering Flair with rights and lefts. A little flip, flop and fly and the Bionic Elbow by Dusty! Flair falls to the mat and gets back up and Dust hits another Bionic Elbow, bringing Flair down. Dusty bounces off the ropes and drops an elbow on Flair in the center of the ring. The crowd is on their feet as Dusty makes a cover... 1... 2... 3!!!! We have a NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion! Referee Tommy Young calls for the bell and it's official! Dusty Rhodes has beaten Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title! Dusty Rhodes defeated Ric Flair in 42:41 by pinfall.[/I] [SIZE=5]Road Agent NOTES:[/SIZE] Dusty Rhodes wins the NWA World Heavyweight title. Referee=Tommy Young...The announcing job done by David Crockett was pretty weak. The Dusty For The Gold Part 3 storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match. This match lifted the crowd. Dusty Rhodes is improving in Technical skills...=B+ [I]The belt is handed inside the cage to Tommy Young, who gives it to Dusty Rhodes and raises his arm in the air to cheers from this crowd! What a victory for the American Dream! Ric Flair doesn't look like he can believe it as he is slowly getting to his feet! Both men are wearing crimson masks inside that cage and Flair walks over to Dusty....and extends a hand! The crowd goes wild as Dusty Rhodes shakes hands with Ric Flair inside the cage! What a show of sportsmanship from two great athletes. Flair heads out of the cage to give Dusty his chance to celebrate.[/I] =B [I]And in come Austin Idol and Joe Frazier! They shake hands and hug Dusty Rhodes, holding his arms up in victory and placing that NWA World Heavyweight Title over Dusty's shoulder! What a way to end the Anniversary Show! So long everybody![/I] =B+[/QUOTE] [SIZE=5]OVERALL RATING: B ATTENDANCE: 7,230[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Comments/Thoughts on the show are always appreciated.[/B][/CENTER]

[B][SIZE=2]Sunday Week 4 September[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]While not a big money-maker, the show last night was great from the standpoint of continuing and finishing storylines. It was an awesome all-around show and the fans really seemed to get into it, especially with Dusty capturing the NWA World Title from Ric Flair.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The feedback from the show was great: 'The feedback has been excellent, it seems they really struck gold with this show.'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Contract negotiations with Bob Orton, Jr. have not been going so well and it looks like his future with the NWA/MACW may come to an end at the end of his current contract.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Mr. Fuji extended his deal with the WWF today.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]WWF Championship Wrestling was taped today with a great main event of Sgt. Slaughter successfully defending the WWF Heavyweight Title against Roddy Piper.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Monday Week 1 October[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]The following wrestlers retired today: Ann Casey, Dick Brower, Black Angus Campbell and Ian Campbell.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Stan Hansen extended his deal with GCW.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Several wrestlers have made it known that they intend on retiring at the end of the month, including: Paul "Butcher" Vachon and Bruno Sammartino.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Reports have come out that the CWA are on the brink of bankruptcy. While I wish Jerry Jarrett the best of luck, that's just another group that's gonna be going down as we head toward National.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Tuesday Week 1 October[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]It's officially confirmed that Cowboy Bob Orton, Jr. will no longer be with the company in 21 days when his current contract expires. We wish him the best of luck as he is also wrestling for AGPW, a touring company out of Canada.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE=2]Wednesday Week 1 October[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Linda McMahon re-signed her contract to the WWF.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Card Preview To Come Soon.[/QUOTE]

Archived