Query re. behaviour in-game

Adam - quick query: you've mentioned in the FAQ and in some posts that your character will be able to interact with other wrestlers, etc, and that in general if you're nicer to people, they will be more likely to help you in your career. (I'm paraphrasing greatly here so apologies if this is inaccurate.) Anyway, my question is - will there be circumstances where it's actually helpful to your career (maybe only in the short-term) to be a jerk? The reason I ask is two-fold. First, it will make the game choices too simple if you just have to be a good guy all the time. It would be both more complex and hence more rewarding if you need to work out the best approach for a particular worker - in other words, some workers may be bullies who only back down if you react in kind. Secondly, IRL a large number of wrestlers have benefitted from behaviour that would not be acceptable in say a normal office job. Shawn Michaels and Hollywood Hogan are two big name examples who have at times famously been jerks (although to be fair it would appear that one of these two has now changed completely). Thanks

Being nice to people does mean you will generally avoid conflict, but it is also harder to develop relationships. If you're aggressive, you will gain certain people's respect quicker, but you can end up in tense situations more often. So it's basically a trade-off: act nice and you'll end up with fewer relationships, but the ones you do have will generally be good; or, be aggressive and you'll end up with more relationships, but you'll have to deal with a few hate relationships.

Archived