Smokey Mountain Wrestling

Good stuff, but here's a couple of things you may, or may not, want to know. 1. Although either spelling is acceptable, Cornette spelled it Smoky, without an "e". 2. The Fire on the Mountain event was always held at Freedom Hall in Johnson City, TN. The Knoxville events had various names, but there was an annual Volunteer Slam. Summer Blast was also used a few times.

[QUOTE=lotr13;256321]Good stuff, but here's a couple of things you may, or may not, want to know. 1. Although either spelling is acceptable, Cornette spelled it Smoky, without an "e". 2. The Fire on the Mountain event was always held at Freedom Hall in Johnson City, TN. The Knoxville events had various names, but there was an annual Volunteer Slam. Summer Blast was also used a few times.[/QUOTE] 1. Yes i no its spelled without an "e" now, if you look at the 2nd post its correctly spelled without an 'e'. I didnt give it two thoughts wen i wrote the first article until I noticed on the SMW logo i donwloaded it was spelt without the e. 2. Yep I know FOTM was held at the Freedom Hall in Johnson but if you are familiar with the Freedom Hall its capacity has been increased so it falls into a higher ranking category, thus making it more expensive hence why FOTM will take place in Knoxville. Thanks for the heads up about the event names, i do however already know the names of the events that took place in SMW but thanks for the response anyway.

Archived