ROH - A Fight For Honor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fyi, "Survival of the Fittest" was originally, and is now again, known the Shane Shamrock Cup. Maryland promotion MCW had it every year for the top 12 cruiserweights in the US that they could bring in to commemerate their first ever cruiserweight champion, Shane Shamrock, who got wrongfully shot down by the police less than 24 hours after winning the title. The promotion went under for a few years and Ring of Honor came to terms with the former MCW owners to host the SSC. However, something happened and ROH had their promoter's license in Maryland revoked, so they moved the event to Pennsylvania and changed it to "Survival of the Fittest" after Danielson and Aries went for like 75 minutes or whatever it was. MCW is back, and they're doing the SSC again, it's coming up soon, and is featuring an appearance from Chris Jericho. Just a little history lesson. I love ROH, but this event has always bothered me. But you do have a reader, It's interesting to see what people to do bring RoH into the mainstream without signing a grip load of TNA and WWE castoffs.

I see Jigsaw & Hallowicked, are you going to use Quack, Sweeney, Icarus & Akuma and the rest of the CHIKARA talent that moved into RoH? I really enjoy the writing style, with highlighting what happened in the match, but not going into a full blown show write up. Predictions: [B]Samoa Joe & Bryan Danielson[/B] vs. The Briscoe Brothers for the ROH Tag Team Championships - Build these guys up so that when you get more teams signed the people that eventually take the titles will be huge. - [B]KENTA[/B] vs. Nigel McGuinness - KENTA has always excited me more, and while Nigel is really good, I just can't buy him as a main eventer, though I know he is. - Matt Sydal vs. [B]Takeshi Morishima[/B] for the ROH World Heavyweight Championship - I see Whitmer getting involved

It has been a full year that I have been trying to find a good ROH dynasty that I liked...and you sir have created the first. Now here is the challenge, can you spice this thing up a bit? I am thinking like with more than just bold? Like colors and pics. That always is the icing on the cake as the most important thing is the storylines and that you have down.

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;256231]It has been a full year that I have been trying to find a good ROH dynasty that I liked...and you sir have created the first. Now here is the challenge, can you spice this thing up a bit? I am thinking like with more than just bold? Like colors and pics. That always is the icing on the cake as the most important thing is the storylines and that you have down.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the kind comments. I plan on adding some colors and more importantly images. My PC that has my imaging software (photoshop...etc) has been having hardware troubles lately and now that it is back up and running I'll be trying to put a little more effort in on that front. My original plan was just to do a text only run...but as you do these diaries you start to want to make things better. I should be at least including worker photos in the show results going forward, but my style of reporting won't change as I just have no interest in writing out commentary and promo dialogue.

[QUOTE=Mackem;257482]Been reading, seems really good. I think I prefer it without the pics but it's not really a big thing. Where did WCW come from?? Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE] During the first month of game time (before I started the diary) I got the ol' Ted Turner buys the rights to WCW news item. They then signed all the "big" free agents (read: former WWE stars) and were throwing around big contracts. I hadn't had them involved with any of my workers until very recently. Honestly it is pretty fun to have something throw the game world into chaos...it just plays havoc with your booking when you are seeing offers come in to some of your top workers and want to be in a good position should they leave. Thanks for reading though and I hope the photos aren't overly distracting. I had a few conversations with different people who thought they would add to the diary as a whole and since it isn't too much work I went ahead and ran with it.

Archived